The Junebugs: TTC June 2011! 18 BFP's :) + 4 angels :( - 14 Junebug babies born!

interesting... when I post on mobile, I don't have a siggy anymore...? haha.

/random.

I'm half asleep, so I'll actually post tomorrow, but was lurking and realized this. xD

Love your new pic Nanner!! :flower:

Swan, yeah same thing on my phone version...no sigs or tickers, but at least there are the avatars :thumbup:

speaking of avatars, what do you all think of my new one ? ;)

Love your new pic Nanner!! :flower:

Swan, yeah same thing on my phone version...no sigs or tickers, but at least there are the avatars :thumbup:

speaking of avatars, what do you all think of my new one ? ;)

Ickle baby feet are always going to cute! What's the news with you dodge?!

Meant to add, I like the mobile version, but it's a bit irritating looking at the new posts feed because it doesn't tell you which section a thread is in, and it's often not obvious from the thread title.

Best of luck at the docs Kimberley, hopefully they'll be able to kick start it.

Still no obstetrician referal here. Waiting for this mornings postie then calling my doc as he said he'd call the hospital if no letter by today. Off work till Tuesday now though so feeling fantastically relaxed.

Know the feeling on not wanting anything to eat being hungry beccad, yesterday I couldn't face the soup, fruit or yoghurt I'd brought for lunch. I've found I seem to be better vegetarian oddly, so my veggie mum filled my fridge yesterday with homemade stuffed butternut squash, leek crousade and tiny cheese scones. :hugs:

I'm predicted boy on the chinese lunar gender chart, which is what I'm convinved we're having anyway. Keep having dreams of having a whole litter which is scaring me somewhat.

That is one cute bump Nanner. You must have shown really early, you're tiny.

Just a quick post from me. I hope everyone is well??

I went to that information class last night. It was great to chat with other preggo ladies who are about the same stage as me. We also got to have a quick look in the ward and the rooms are like motel rooms, with double beds, private bathrooms, cable tv and fridges. I just can't wait to have my baby there.

More unpacking over the weekend for me.

I hope you all have a good one.

:flower:

Lovely bump nanner , I'm curious to see how soon I'll get a bump as this is baby #2 x other than bloat nothing there lol. I'm at work 2-10 this weekend do get the morning to relax. I keep feeling sick and wanting to be but nothing and it really hurts. Might have to get some of those bands I think xx

Love the new avvy Dodge! So precious :)

I agree Becca, sometimes hard to know where you are! lol. But it's easier to use than before, I think - at least in general. Even if I sometimes don't remember where I am haha.

FX your referral comes soon Dinah!

I'm glad your class went well Poppie! I need to sign up for my tour soon. And a class or two. Yikes! I better hurry and get on the ball because they book fast.

We are due for SNOW this weekend, in multiple inches. Not impressed. :( haha

FX for you Jess, hoping you ovulate soon!

Nanner your bump is so great! :)

:hugs: Singers. Hope you feel well soon!

We should be finishing the nursery painting this weekend. :dance: SO EXCITED.

Singers I hope you feel better. The cake sounds really cool. I still have a few family members to tell. I had a urine infection at one of my last appointments as well and I had no symptoms. They put me on antibiotics because it they had found Strep B.

Nanner, Great pic! You are still tiny.

Dodgegirl, I like your avatar, very cute!

Poppie, That ward sounds nice. In my area there is big competition amongst hospitals to attract pregnant mothers. I can’t wait to see where I will be delivering.

AFM, Were supposed be getting a “wintery mix” tomorrow night. This is really early for us to get snow. I have my next appointment next Friday. It should be a quickie one, with urine sample, blood test for quad screening and hopefully I get to hear the babies’ heartbeat. I also get to schedule my next ultrasound. :happydance:

I saw my GP this morning and she was lovely. She gave me a load of booklets and leaflets to read, as well as an NCT magazine. Trying to decide whether or not to 'do' the NCT stuff. Part of me doesn't want to but another part (and DH) thinks it might be a good way to meet people seeing as we're quite new in the area anyway.

I have my booking in appointment with the midwife on 22nd November and my provisional due date is June 29th, which feels like ages away!

Hey girls!

Glad you had a good 1st appt Becca.

CeeDee - Snowy mix sure is early for y'all! Hooray for appt next week!

Swan - So excited for you to be done painting. You have to post pics of the nursery when it is completed. What colors did you choose? I still need need to clean out the room that will be the nursery!

Nanner - Love the bump! You look great girl!

Poppie - I kinda can't wait for the classes either. I love to know lots and lots of info about things so I can't wait to learn some more stuff and jump right into it. And hopefully meet some nice couples that we could share the journey with and maybe have a few play dates after!

Dodge - Good to hear from ya and love the new avatar!

Dinah - Feel better soon!

Singers - Hope that cold goes away soon.

Jess - Come on OV!! ;)

AFM, Not much, excited it is Friday so that the weekend can come and go so I can go to my appt on Tuesday. I am so incredibly anxious! OMG! Hubby is coming with me too. Haven't been feel feeling too well this AM - just a teeny bit of a yucky tummy and got a headache last night and woke up to it again this AM. I am too scared to take Tylenol to get rid of it. Am I crazy?

I cant wait for next week either, i have scan , antenatal then my diabetic review so know I will be there for a while. Need to get some change for my scan picture. wonder if its gone up since last lime.
Just done some washing and nipped in to town.
Cant wait to buy baby stuff. Need to stock up as soon as we can as we dont think my maternity allowance will cover all my bills and I dont want to have to rush back to work. xx
Hope everyones well x

Isn't it great that hospital rooms for new parents have taken on hotel statuses?! Large beds, flatscreen TVs, minifridges... My room will even have a private hottub! :thumbup:

I haven't thought about taking classes. I'm glad you ladies brought it up, because my husband has been nervous about things like changing diapers and giving the baby a bath. I've never even seen him hold a baby so we'll probably have a lot of learning to do! :wacko: I guess I better find a class for us.

Thank you for the bump compliments. :blush: I'm really not that small (size 8-10). I'm just tall and gangly. The bump is kinda cute though! I think all baby bumps are cute!

the hot tub bit made me laugh.
The last time i was in I had the twin room with en-suite, it was so big. I pobably paid about £15 for use of tv and internet but glad I had it x

It's a UK charity - National Childbirth Trust. They run all sorts of events - nearly new sales, fundraising parties, run a breastfeeding helpline etc. Mostly, though people do ante-natal courses through them. It seems to be the thing to do if you're a middle-class mummy in waiting :winkwink: and you end up with a ready-made group of mummy friends, all with babies more or less the same age give or take a couple of weeks, as they group you by due dates. The course focuses on labour and birth, where to have the baby, pain relief choices, breastfeeding and a bit of how-to-care-for-your-newborn. It's known to be a bit hippy-dippy, very pro-breast feeding, anti pain relief sort of thing. I don't know if that's a fair judgement, just the impression I get!

You do have to pay for the course, though. Where I live it's going to cost about £200, which is quite a lot. I don't know many people in the area as we've only lived here a few months, so it will probably be nice to do it from that POV, especially for when I'm on maternity leave, and afterwards too as it's unlikely i'll be going back to work.

The NHS runs free 'parent-craft' classes in my area, which are more aimed at teaching you how to care for your baby I believe.

As for hospital rooms, I'm fairly certain that we just end up on an ordinary ward here with all the other new mums :haha: You can pay for a private room, but it's just a room with a bed, tv (which you have to pay to use) and a private bathroom. Nothing fancy, but it is free so you can't complain!

Just booked my maternity ward tour and still deciding which classes, if any, to take. Diapers and baths and all that is covered during my stay. I know I will have a private room but I know nothing else about it yet. Not fancy like Nanner though!! lol. My sisters room was small and dismal. My cousins was just awful - like a cell! So I'm hoping I have a window or something haha

The nursery is green and tan and off-white. Excited! I will definitely post photos. :)

Wow becca that group sounds great! Wish they had something like that over here!!

Swan cant wait to see nursery pics !!

The hosp i will prolly be at hv such amazing rooms.. I look fwd to that.... Just not the delivery part ;)

Can't wait to see the nursery pics either, well we are revealing the cake tomorrow. So hopefully it will go well.still can't get used to the fact I'm pregnant hopefully it will sink in soon . glad everyone is having a good weekend.

Just a quick check in again from me, on a break from unpacking.

Nanner - your ward room sounds amazing with the hot tub! LOL! My hospital is 100% covered by our private health insurance, which does cost a bit but totally worth it. Ordinarily you'd just got to a local hospital if you didn't have private health cover or you could fork out heaps to be a public patient in the private hospital.

My next classes aren't until February when husbands / partners come along to learn the birthing stuff and then the breastfeeding and looking after baby stuff. There's also an additional breastfeeding workshop I'll go to after the main one.

I've been getting on with unpacking, but managing to take it easy most of the time and when I need to. This morning I stupidly took my multivitamin on an empty tummy and ended up heaving and almost vomiting. Won't be doing that again!

Just a quick question for preggo ladies - have you noticed that your hair and nails are so much stronger??

I hope you are all having a lovely weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->