The Junebugs: TTC June 2011! 18 BFP's :) + 4 angels :( - 14 Junebug babies born!

Got my obstetrician referal through today, 9.30 on Monday - I can't believe how tight that is imagine if the letter hadn't been delivered today I'd have missed it entirely!

Unfortunately it's the same time as my booking appointment at the midwife's, so I've left an answer phone message asking if I can rearrange that as I think the hospital is more important.

We're been faced with a bit of a conundrum this evening. DH has quite a difficult relationship with his mother, didn't speak at all for nearly a year until September when his granny died. She's long term separated (10+ years) from his dad and they don't talk unless strictly nessisary. My parents have known about the baby since the day we did, DHs dad found out a fortnight ago. We decided to tell his mum today as it seemed a bit unfair she was the only one who didn't know, even if we're not as close to her. DH called and told her (lives in Ireland) and she said 'I know, someone at the golf club told me on Monday and it hurts you didn't tell me yourself'. Leaving aside the complete lack of congratulations or happiness, which I kind of expected, what we can't work out is how someone at the golf club would know. DHs dad found out while in Heathrow airport and has been in China until this Wednesday night, so he swears he hasn't told anyone, and its not like anyone could even have overheard the conversation when he was told as he wasn't in the country. The only other people who know are my parents, and they'd never tell her, don't even have her number, and at any rate she was so horrible to them at our wedding they'd not get in touch for any reason. So do we just assume it's a golf club rumour given we've been married a year and DH is from a Catholic background, or can anyone think of some way she could have found out that we're not realising.

Dinah- That is baffling. :shrug: Did someone from your healthcare office spill it?

Poppie- I was expecting my nails and hair to grow longer but haven't noticed it.

Swan- I can't wait to see what you've done to the baby's room!

I'm having a Halloween party tonight. Should be fun!

Snowflakes, I have been scared to take any kind of medicine as well. I had a couple days of headaches last week and I just suffered through them.

Pink, I’m excited about shopping too. I’m waiting till I see some great sales.

Nanner, Some of the maternity wards have been better than some hotels I stayed in. I am so glad my mom is 15 minutes away, I plan to take lessons from her, she’s so good with newborns. Nanner have fun at your Halloween party.

Beccad, NCT sounds awesome. I wish they had something like that around here. I’m going to ask my prenatal nurse about it at my next appointment.

Swanx, Can’t wait to see photos of the nursery. I’ve been dreaming up ideas for the nursery and I’ve found fabric that I want to use for the bedding and window treatments.

Singers, Good luck with the cake reveal.

Poppie, I have noticed that my hair and nails have been growing like crazy. I used to be able to shave once a week and now I need to shave almost every day.

Dinah, That is so good that you got your ob referral. I think your MIL might be fibbing about someone telling her just so that she can be nasty and not congratulate you. It doesn’t seem like there is any possibility that anyone would have told her.

Dinah, is there any chance DH's mum could have been fibbing? Glad you got the appointment through, but doesn't surprise me it's so last minute - when DH broke his leg he had a few appointment letters last minute like that, all sent by second class post :wacko:

So ladies, I spent yesterday doing my pumpkin - I did a Hello Kitty one and I'm quite pleased with the way it's turned out

https://i43.tinypic.com/i25atw.jpg

I've also managed to get some omega 3 capsules, but they're vegan-friendly so don't contain any fish oils. I need to check that what's in them is suitable for pregnancy before I take them. As with everything it says on the packaging that it might not be suitable and to check with the doctor first.

ETA: we told a few people this weekend - my brother, who looked fairly horrified (in a 'My sister must have had sex' kind of way :rofl: ) and then DH's parents, grandma, both sisters and his BIL. They were all really pleased. I'll get DH to call his brother tonight I think. MIL has been looking out for things at car boot sales already :haha: She found a couple of pregnancy books this morning. Shopping and preparing for new babies is her MOST favourite activity in the whole world, so I'm happy to let her do it :thumbup:

My parents are on holiday in Vietnam until mid-November, so we'll tell them when they get back.

Hey!

Sorry i've been away for a bit.....spent a few days at my mum and dads, and then got back and had to go away for a friends wedding! Seems like loads has been going on.....too much to catch up on!!

Love the pumpkin Becca!
What a cute bump Nanner and hope u had fun at ur halloween party?!
Dinah - glad you got ur referral through.....that is so weird about DH's mum....surely she wouldn't pretend she'd found out already if she hadn't? Or if she's anything like my MIL maybe she would?! Very strange tho.....and very annoying for you!
Swan - look forward to seeing nursey pics....can't wait to do ours either!
Poppie - haven't noticed anything different about my hair......yet!
Becca - exciting that you've started telling people...i can't wait to share the news!
Singers - what a lovely idea about the cake....mmmmm might have to steal that one!!!

All's ok with me.....it was really difficult being at my mum and dads and not being able to tell them....managed to keep it in and they have absolutely no idea - phew!! It was also difficult at the wedding ive just been to as didn't want anyone to wonder why i wasn't drinking, so i just pretended and kept swapping my glass with my DH! I'm just over 6 weeks now......don't know about any of you other ladies, but ifeel like time is going soooooooo slow!! Shouldn't wish my life away though i guess!!

I think I probably I won't be able to take the omega 3 capsules I bought. They contain linseed oil and I've read about several studies that show that it can cause pre-term labour. I don't want to take the risk, so I'll take them back as I've not opened them.

Morning everyone!

14 weeks and 2nd trimester for me!! :happydance: Today also marks 10 years since hubby and I met!

Dinah - sorry about your DH's mum. :(

Nanner - how was your Halloween party?

Beccad - awesome jack-o-lantern!

Ceedee - glad it's not just me. My hair is so much thicker and fuller too.

Meadows - welcome back, time does feel like it goes slow - however here I am at 14 weeks! I still cant wait to be further along though!

I hope you have a great week :)

Beccad, I love the Hello Kitty pumpkin! I have to show it to my hubby. I’m a big fan of HK. I hope you find a good option for Omega 3’s. You might have to find something online.

Poppie, Congrats on 2nd trimester!!!! Happy Anniversary!

Meadows, You’ll be surprised how fast time will fly. I can’t believe I’ll be 17 weeks tomorrow. I’m only 3 weeks away from half way.

Dodge - the process of delivery is what terrifies me! haha. The rest, I'm pretty excited. :D But I'm so nervous about that whole ordeal. :haha: I know my body's built for it, but still...

How did the cake go, Singers??

Poppie, my hair's been growing ridiculously, I believe - thicker than before (which is nuts because it was already thick) and my nails are really strong. I was never able to grow them out well in the past, but now I have no issues. They're clipped right now, though, because I got tired of trying to keep up with keeping them pretty. :lol: I'm only a bit lazy. ;) Congrats on second tri!!

That's so crazy Dinah! I'm glad you got your letter, just a bit close to the appointment, eh, and about your MIL... that's whack. And I don't know what to think. :shrug: Makes no sense to me, especially since you only told a few people who you trust and wouldn't leak to her. :( I'm sorry she's bitter, though, no matter what the reason. :hugs:

Becca, your pumpkin is so cute!! :dance: Love the description of your brother's reaction too - classic!

Welcome back Meadows! Hopefully it'll begin to speed up for you!

I feel as though time's flying, for me and everyone else. I can't believe how far along everyone's been moving already! :haha: So exciting!

AFM, I can't believe it's almost Monday. :( Hubby is still sick, whining and being well, as many men are when sick. I'm doting on him so he shuts it. ;) lol. I'm excited though, only a 4-day workweek for me, because Thursday night I'm going to my mom's and spending some time with her, then Saturday is my small, informal family shower at her place! Really looking forward to it, even though it seems "early" - too much insanity around the holidays so we all felt this was easier, especially for those traveling. Nursery still needs one more coat of paint on the bottom, so hopefully that gets done this week. Then I'll post a photo until we get up our trim! :)

Yey, blueberry day today! The fact that my ticker on here changes on a Monday pretty much makes it the most exciting day of my week.

Half an hour till I need to leave for the obstetrician appointment, actually quite nervous. Also haven't heard back from the midwifes yet to be sure they got my message.

I think time is flying for me. Can't believe I will be 8 weeks Wednesday. Then scan Friday . I think snow is not long before me so more scan pics coming yey. I never had this sicky feeling with 1st pregnancy so I'd love to think I'm having a girl. Still having trouble eating in the morning it's normally fruit.
Hope everyone's ok xx

Happy Monday everyone!

Swanxx, I do not like when my hubby is sick, he is so grumpy. I couldn’t imagine how he would act if he had to deal with morning sickness for 3 months. I’ve got a 4 day workweek as well. I’m off Friday for my doctor’s appointment. I can’t wait to see pictures of the nursery.

Dinah, My ticker changes on Monday as well. It makes Mondays a little better. Hope all goes well at your ob appointment.

OMG girls! My scan is tomorrow. 24 hours and I will be there! I can't wait! I am so anxious - very nervous and very excited at the same time! I'm never going to be able to sleep tonight.

Dinah - Can't wait to hear how your appt went. And I think your MIL in fibbing and just trying to be difficult.

Swan - Your into the double digits now! 99 Days!!

Poppie - Hooray for 2nd tri! So far no news in the hair/nails dept. I would love some more thickness. I usually always have strong nails though - haven't noticed them grow faster either!

Becca - Love the Pumpkin

Meadows - Happy to hear you are doing well! How ya feeling? I feel great these days!

Snow - I knew it was soon but not that soon how exciting x I can't.wait for Friday for mine xx

Best of luck with the scans girlies, I understand why yours is so early pink, but is there any reason they're giving you one so early snowflakes?

Hospital have changed my tablets for methyldopa, which I have to remember to take 4 times a day. I'm glad though as these ones have given me a bad head. I'm also going to get once a month scans after 12 weeks to check on growth as that could be a concern.

Booking appointment is now next Monday as it was due today, that's going to have to be weekly apparently so the midwife can monitor my bp.

Been feeling nauseous for weeks, but today that went to a new level when I was sick, completely without warning, while driving the car. I'm now terrified I'll do it in a meeting or when driving at a faster speed.

Sorry you're having such a tough time dinah :hugs: I hope the sickness doesn't get very much worse.

Dinah - No reason for my scan. Dr. just said last time when I went that they would do bloodwork and a quick scan at my next appt. I guess it is normal procedures for the OBGYN practice I go to.
Sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope you feel better soon. I on the other hand haven't felt bad at all. I feel so normal it's actually very scary. Tomorrow will help to put my mind at ease knowing that there is something there - so I am very thankful for the early scan. I am a huge worrier. I keep reading in my books and getting weekly updates from websites that say I should be having all this nausea and food adversions and I got none.

Snow I'm slightly concerned about feeling so normal too. The sickness and tiredness I had last week have gone entirely! I keep expecting to wake up feeling really rough but I guess I've still got plenty of time for that to happen...

Im on methadopla (sp) to dinah. I need to remember to take them but if I have forgoten them and had bp checked its always been normal so think they are there just to keep me level.
Have some antibiotics as I think I might have a water infection, I know it doesnt help being pg but you kinda know dont you, its a week course and its 4x a day, think they are to reduce acid or something like that.
Im of out with some friends tomorrow we are taking the lo's to waxky warehouse and then dinner.
Is any one going out with friends/work for xmas meals. I have work one on the 12th dec and friends one 14th looking forward to both but havent got a clue what wear.I hope i dont show quick really , i dont really speak to ohs family much so dont want them to suddenly speak to me just because im pg.xx
I have a longer shift saturday 10-8 and am dreading it as a- its longer and b- im still feeling sicky at this time so dont want to be sick :-( x

Talk me out of feeling guilty please ladies. I'm considering calling in sick to work, my gp did advise calling in sick for a week till the medication gets the bp under control, and with the sickness, and tiredness, and just generally feeling vile I was thinking of calling up and just saying I've been told to go on bed rest for a week till the meds kick in and lower the bp. But if I do it I'd probably tell my boss I'm expecting so he knows why I'm suddenly out the office at all these appointments, and was off for a week - and I'm a bit nervous doing that before 12 weeks. I'm trying to prioritise the baby now, and in ten years time I won't even be thinking about letting my job down for my child, but right now its so tiny and fragile and no one treats it as real till 12 weeks, am I daft/soft to curl up in bed for a few days until I feel better and tell my boss?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->