The Junebugs: TTC June 2011! 18 BFP's :) + 4 angels :( - 14 Junebug babies born!

Aw Dinah! Glad he was supportive even if that's a bizarre response! :haha: guess little toes ARE cute! ;)

Thanks Nanner! I really like both names that you've chosen!! :) So soon you'll know!

Tough call CeeDee. I know people who asked the nurse to write it down and they opened it later when their OH wasn't around so they could find out in private. But keeping it secret beyond that is not always easy! lol. Chris' cousin went through that too as she wanted to know and he did not. I don't know if she ever found out or what - we haven't heard anything! But I'd say if you ask they'd be willing to tell just you in private if you really wish to know and he doesn't change his mind. :)

I was hoping to not have to tell my boss until after christmas, but I think I'm going to have to do it sooner as I'm struggling really badly with eating very much. I don't feel too bad whilst I'm at work, but I'm lacking in concentration and it's starting to show in my work...

I'll try and catch up with you all properly once I'm feeling a bit better xx

Are you taking any thing for the sickness becca?
I'm ok sometimes tired on afternoon but means I sleep well at night. Haven't got work the weekend so we are going to try and go to a buffet place for dinner plus the shopping needs doing to. My sickness comes and goes but my tablets help cx
Hope everyone is ok xx

I have a feeling hubby might change his mind when we go for the ultrasound. If not, I think I like the idea of writing it down and putting it in an envelope.

Beccad, I hope you feel better. Have you tried any morning sickness remedies? Ginger helped me tremendously.

Ceedee, unfortunately I've tried everything non-medicinal that's suggested - ginger in every format possible, eating small amounts (would if I could) nibbling biscuits, lemon smelling things, sea-bands on my wrists, going to bed early etc.etc.

I'm going to try and get an appointment with my doctor tomorrow as I'm a bit concerned about it - I've lost 3kg (about 7lbs) since I last weighed myself on Sunday, which is quite a lot in a short space of time.

Pink are you taking specific anti-sickness medication? I'm just a bit concerned that I'll go and see the doctor and they'll tell me that being ill is just part of being pregnant and to get on with it :cry:

Hi becca I'm taking cyclazine Hydrocloride and it's helping me a lot. I take it 3 times a day. Definately worth asking doctor xx

I was given pills for anti nausea as well. Don't recall the name but they worked.

Green apples are supposed to help too! lol.

Hopefully your doctor will be able to help. But don't worry, you're not the only one to lose weight first tri, by any means. :) I didn't but I know plenty of women who did and are fab now. So once they can get you through this phase things should fall together accordingly.

Had my flu jab today, feel achey now. DH came home to find my boots in the middle of the hall, my socks a few feet after them, and me asleep a few feet after that! Never been so grateful to live in a bungalow where the bed is so close to the front door, not sure I could have made it up the stairs!

I'm 8+2 now I think, and I have a decided bump. I know its not podge as firstly I'm not eating much, secondly I've not gained any weight, and thirdly it's really hard whereas my normal tummy has a bit of give if I poke it. I think this is really early to have a bump, especially as I just look a bit 'too many cakes', but then when I think about it I think my uterus is now grapefruit sized or something similar and full of fluid, so thats quite a lot to hide in my body without the outside changing in some way. Does any one else have an early bump?

Been to-ing and fro-ing all day on booking an early scan. I'm terrified they'll tell me something is wrong at 12 weeks, and we'll have had 2 months thinking I'm pregnant. But then I keep telling myself not to be a pessimist and without evidence to the contrary to assume all is okay. There is a scan place an hour and a half away for £50, or the one 20 mins away is £100.... if the £50 one was local I think I'd have just done it by now, but £100 or a 3 hour round trip both smacks of madness when I'm just worrying.

I need some ideas!
Since I will be finding out the gender so close to Thanksgiving and when I'll be visiting my family, I would like to give the news in a fun way! My sister suggested making cupcakes filled with frosting dyed the color that relates to the gender. I like the idea, but feel it's been overdone. Plus my sister will be expecting it. So, I have an idea to make it more interesting! I would still make the cupcakes filled with frosting, but put in yellow frosting to confuse them (or make some with yellow, some with blue, and some with pink!). Then, once they finished they cupcake, they would see the message on the bottom of the cake wrapper. What I need help with is how do I put the message at the bottom of the wrapper? Anything I've come up with is not edible or won't make it through an oven!

Any ideas? :shrug:

Hi everyone.

1 month today until our 20 week scan! :D

Nanner - I think the cake thing is an awesome idea. I haven't seen it done much so I don't think it's overdone. I might steal it and make cupcakes of my own to tell people.

Becca - sorry you're not getting any relief from your ms / all day sickness.

Not much news from me. Looking forward to the weekend.

I want to see cute bump picturesssss... ;) hint hint xD

That's a cute idea Nanner!!! I like that it's slightly less traditional than the cupcake filling, plus you can confuse everyone while you're at it and have a good laugh!! Very cute!

I have my glucose tolerance test tomorrow. :( I don't want to gooooo. :brat: lol

Swanx, Good luck with your test. I don't envy you, but we all have to go sometime.

I'm feeling irrationally pleased with myself, as I've just eaten some cottage pie! First 'meal' i've eaten since Sunday!

Hey ladies....

Haven't been on here for a while.....been crazy busy with work and just general life!!!

Snow - i hope you are starting to feel a bit better about things and that everything happened quickly and painlessly for you. Sending lots of cyber hugs to you. :)

Becca - sorry you've been so sick :-( but congrats on the cottage pie!

Nanner - mmmmm good question about how u can get the msg on the wrapper, rice paper? and surely some sort of pen exists which you can write on stuff and is edible? Sorry i'm not much use - love the idea tho!

Swan - good luck for ur test and i want to see some cute bump pics too!!! I've got nothing to show!!

Poppie - that month will fly by......how exciting!

Dinah - i feel exactly the same as you.....i am sooooo paranoid that when i have my 12 week scan they will say at is not ok.....must think positive!!!

Well, i'm 8 weeks today! Have got my booking appointment next tues.....do any of the UK ladies know if i will find out a date for my 12 week scan then? Or will they write to me? Guess it might be different for different areas anyway?

Hope you are all ok x

Meadows I've already got a date for my scan - 15 Dec. I had it within about a week of seeing my GP for the first time! I think a lot of areas you get the date after you have your booking in appointment.

hello, everyone.
meadows I go tmy 12 week scan date through the day before my booking appointment but I think it depends on your hospital.
Snow how did the test go?
snow hope your alright.
BEcca D - I felt awful but it does go.. its just depressing.. just think about why its happening that may me feel better.
POppie how is your new house.
DInah when do you find out!

WE have painted the babies room, and I have a feeling we are having a boy dont know why, so will get a shock if they say girl!
next appointment is next week, so am looking forward to that, as I still dont feel like theres anything in there, I wonder whether she will check for a heartbeat and Im looking decidedly fat rather than pregnant. My cousin is due the same day as me so that should be intresting seeing who comes out firast so to speak! My gender scan is in december, so im looking forward to that to.

How is everyone else,
Wanna, bodies are just really really frustating!

Thank God It's Friday! :)

I hope everyone's weekends are shaping up nicely. I have my old school friend (now a Dr!) coming to stay. We always have a good time together and she will be our first proper guest to stay at the new place.

The house is great, still getting unpacking done, but main things are organised just random boxes still to go.

I'm wearing my maternity jeans today, so comfy!! I'm going to be mean and hold out a little before sharing bump photos, it still looks more like fat than bump at the moment.

Good luck with your glucose test Swan.

Becca - glad you finally ate something and it was ok.

Have a great weekend! :flower:

Still 4 weeks until we find out if things are going okay, seems an age.

Came home early from work today as I couldn't keep my eyes open. Another 3 hour nap was in order. VERY glad I told my boss now.

What is bad about the glucose tolerance test? I've never heard of it.

Meadows, if this is the first midwife/gp contact then yes they'll probably refer you for the scan, or give you a number to call to arrange one.

Stuck in the last of my annual leave today to finish work on Dec 20th rather than the 23rd, I figure if I'm still this tired I need all the time I can get to get the house ready for Christmas. This is the first year we're hosting (usually have it at mum and dads) so I'd like to make it as good as I can as mum is a great cook.

Ooh you're brave hosting christmas Dinah. We haven't decided what we're doing yet. It's our first Christmas in our house so feel we should stay home but I don't really know.

I slept for 11 hours last night! Feeling a thousand times better this morning than I was the last couple of days.

Goodness what a morning!

The GTT is to test if a mama to be has gestational diabetes. I was told to eat a high protein meal last night for dinner then fast before my test. I went in at 7 and they gave me 10oz of a syrupy drink to drink in 5 minutes. It's basically (IMO) like sugary sugary Gatorade. Then you wait lol. After an hour they did bloods and I should hear my results Wednesday at my appointment.

It went well until the last half hour. My stomach was empty and I couldn't drink either so I began getting nauseous and light-headed, which he said was common. I devoured a bacon and cheese bagel when I left. :haha: feeling better now! So it's not the worst but it's not a fun experience either xD

I read a lot while I waited though so that was fun!

Glad you're feeling a bit better Becca!!

Good luck as you continue to unpack Poppie!!

Dinah you are a brave woman hosting Christmas! I hope all goes smoothly for you! :)

Congrats on 8 weeks Meadows!! :) milestones are grand!

Singers, what color is the nursery?? I can't wait to finish ours - hopefully this weekend!

CeeDee, it wasn't too bad but I hope I don't need to go back for the longer one, that's for sure! lol

TGIF!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"