The Junebugs: TTC June 2011! 18 BFP's :) + 4 angels :( - 14 Junebug babies born!

I love this week! The only problem is that the Partners at my work very kindly let us have afternoons off at seasonal times :happydance: but we dont know until the day itself. However i work with a complete tit who hounds the partners and office manager "are we leaving early, are we leaving early, what time are we leaving" Last year he hounded them that much they said sod it now early leaves!! :gun:

It's so cold. Just checked our bedroom and we have damp . It gets so cold in there .
Hope everyone's ok, definitely mrs mel and wana to gt bfps and mazzy to new years present would be gret x

Goodness, I’m so behind! :haha: We were away for the weekend, so catching up now!

One week left until Christmas, basically – who’s still got some shopping to do??? I’m sheepishly raising my hand, though thankfully I only have one person left for whom I must buy. But I work all week and I dare not venture to the shops this weekend… so I need to figure out something for my FIL, and FAST!!! Eep. Maybe I need a trip to Lowe’s tonight. :rofl:

Kimberley – nesting has been on and off with me lately. The house is such clutter due to the nursery being 99% done, so I need to kick hubby into gear so we can start moving all the baby’s stuff into HER room because I’m going nuts having it all over the place. :haha: Congrats on becoming a lime – what a great milestone! :D How are you feeling??

Singers – I don’t start until the baby comes, unless medically I am signed off from work. I am only permitted 6 weeks paid and then another 6 if I wish to take it (unpaid through FMLA), plus the almost 3 weeks I’ve saved of my PTO time. So I’m saving my PTO as long as possible and if I need to use it in January, I will. I can’t start my paid leave until the baby’s birth (or, actually, a week after her birth) so if I take it too soon and she comes late, I’d have to return to work or accept no pay. :| It’s really frustrating because I’m starting to get very uncomfortable and such at work, but… :shrug: I just keep praying that maybe she will want to come at 37 weeks. :D haha.

Your nursery looks great, btw, Singers – I love it!

Happy belated birthday Mazzy!! :hugs:

WelshMum, so many :hugs: to you. Glad hubby is fighting hard and will be praying for you both! Glad your assessment went well – you’re getting so close to the end chickadee! :D

Happy birthday Becca! :hugs: Hope you have a wonderful day! Great scan pics too, they look fabulous!

:hugs: Wana – I’m so sorry you’re feeling broody and down. I know, that’s not a pleasant feeling. It’s sometimes so difficult to understand how and why things work out in the manner that they do, and it’s no fun! But things will get better. :) :hugs: And it’s completely normal to have those moments – I feel everyone’s entitled to them. ;) Even if they’re not exactly fun. xD

Dinah, I have no idea about the mulled wine, but I’d be interested to know. Not sure what temps wine needs to burn off… Hm. I use it in cooking sometimes, but that’s about it. xD

:hugs: to you, Mrs Mel. I hope you have a wonderful holiday!! (and that you get your :bfp: very soon! :hugs:)

:wave: and :hugs: to anyone I may have missed – so sorry!

Things here are… crazy. And I’m exhausted. I’m really ready to hit the end… :haha: Only 7 more weeks……………………… :rofl:

:dust: and :hugs: to those getting close to testing! :dance:

...^^ my post up there? One giant hugfest. LMAO. I didn't realize that until I hit post. Guess I'm feeling a bit huggy today. ;)

Happy belated birthday, Mazzy!

Happy Birthday, Beccad!

Cute pics Beccad! How are you feeling? I agree that it’s hard to be pregnant over Christmas. No drinking, no summer sausage, etc. It’s worth it though.

Wanab, My baby will be born around Easter. I wonder how that will work out. Your time will come. We will be here to provide so much advice and support when it happens.

Singers, I love the nursery art. So cute!

Swanx, Hugs are good. Keep them coming.

Gosh so you can only take 12 weeks + holiday time Swan? That's so little - I don't think we UK ladies realise how lucky we have it.

Just been to the midwife, BP is up a bit, still in the allowed range but high enough to raise a few eyebrows. Going to have to see if it goes down a bit next week when I'm off. The clinics next week are 8.30-9.30 Tuesday and Wednesday morning, which is less than ideal given we need to be an hour and a bit away at 10am both days to drop people at the airport. DH may have to do the airport run alone, and I'll ask my mum or dad if they could give me a lift as this clinic is 10 miles away, none closer are open that week. I'd be amazed if the BP is low with relatives coming and going and my first ever Christmas lunch to cook (for 8 people, breaking in gently!).

What the heck is summer sausage? Sounds rude :haha:

Dinah, sorry you're still struggling with the blood pressure. I hope christmas isn't too stressful for you! I've defo been drunk on mulled wine before so go easy on it!

Pink, are you in rented or do you own? Either way it's probably good to get a dehumidifier. We have one and it's amazing how much moisture comes out of the air sometimes. We don't use it so much where we are now, but in the flat we sold last year it was always damp (no idea why!) and the dehumidifier would sometimes be sucking a litre of water every 24 hours, which is just mad.

Swan, rubbish news about the mat leave, or lack thereof! We are very lucky in this country - I think a lot of people don't appreciate it, but then by comparison to some other European countries we actually get relatively little! Entitled to 12 months off and 9 of that is paid at a statutory rate by the government. I get extra from my employer - full pay for six months followed by three months government pay, which is about as good as it gets in the UK.

Beccad, No it’s not rude. Summer sausage is meat that has been dried and/or smoked and then put into logs to be eaten with crackers and cheese. I might not have explained it to well, but the link below should help. My favorite comes from Hickory Farms: https://www.hickoryfarms.com/item/beef-summer-sausage/000211

Wow alots gone on today!!

Happy Birthday Becca!!!

Becca's right about the dehumidifier Pink, my parents get really bad damp in the house their in..its quite old and they've found the dehumidifier has helped alot.

Sorry to hear about your blood preasure Dinah

I hadn't realised how much Maternity Pay can vary. My work provides 6 weeks full pay and the other 30 (?) weeks is gov paid and then if you want the last 3 months to make it 1 year then its unpaid.

I'm planning to work up until a week before my due date hopefully, and then take 6 months off, then go back to work. Obviously its just a idea and may not go at all to plan. But we'll see when the time comes :D

xxx

Happy V-Day CeeDee! :happydance: Another milestone!

Mmm, summer sausage. All that deliciousness from Hickory Farms… SO GOOD. :D I got a bottle of wine at the Christmas exchange for OH’s family this year – the girl who pulled my name gave me a bottle of the wine her dad made that was released just after I found out I was pregnant, and she saved one so I can drink it to celebrate post-baby. So sweet of her! They know I do love my Riesling! So I’m looking forward to opening that for a special occasion in 2012.

Maternity leave in the US is a joke, but eh – such is life! :haha: The only thing that disappoints me is that I’d love to take off a year and then, once I’m more comfortable, enroll her into a preschool or something. But due to the length I’m permitted, I’d have to find a new job once that year was up… :shrug: So we’re leaning toward me being home for 2-3 years, then when she’s old enough, enroll her into preschool and I would begin working PT. Though by that point, we may be ready for another… :haha: We will see! But our options look to be best that I stay home temporarily, then return to a PT of some sorts once she’s able to fend for herself a bit more. We’re still trying to decide what options will work best for our family, but I have faith that it will work out somehow. :) At least when I am getting my partial pay for the first 6 weeks, hubby will be working extra hours for tax season, so that will balance us a little better!

Going to look for dehumidifier x
We get upto 39 weeks paid at various rates then 3 months unpaid. I need to sort mine out as I get weekend money and think I won't on maternity leave which is a big drop x so will try and work till 37 weeks as my section will be at 38 weeks x

Morning all.

LOL at Summer Sausage! :haha: I does sound rude! We call it Cabanossi or Cabana. Funny how things are called different things in different areas. Where I used to live (in NSW) it was called cabanossi, but here in Victoria it's Cabana.

Sorry to hear about your BP Dinah, I hope it improves for you.

Happy Birthday Becca, I hope you had a lovely day. :cake:

I hope everyone else is doing ok.... counting down the minutes!!

:xmas3:

Wow 6 months full pay Beccad - who do you work for because I suddenly feel the urge to retrain! I work for local government and get 6 weeks full pay, a further 12 weeks at half pay + SMP (works out about £450 a month less than usual I think) and then up to week 39 just on SMP. Hoping to take the full year, but it's possible I'll have to return after 9 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->