The Junebugs: TTC June 2011! 18 BFP's :) + 4 angels :( - 14 Junebug babies born!

Did everyone have a good day? Hubby treated me with some nice Pandora jewellery and some fancy chocolates - he didn't do badly considering we had a £25 each budget to save money for the baby.

Got a great deal on a breast pump on Christmas eve, Tesco had the Medela Swing pumps down from £99 to £45, so DH picked one up for me as I hear it's very good.

Seriously considering looking for a travel system in the sales, see if we can't save a few pennies. I know it's early, but I'd rather get a good price, I don't believe in superstition and I'd rather spread the costs out than buy it all in the 3 months before the baby is due. I just wish I knew what I was looking for!

Did everyone have a good day? Hubby treated me with some nice Pandora jewellery and some fancy chocolates - he didn't do badly considering we had a £25 each budget to save money for the baby.

Ohh hubby got me a Pandora bracelet! Had a great day but the nephew was a hyperactive cheeky shit and just as we sat down to eat he said "Best eat the food before Auntie Penny eats is all" :cry:

Dinah we might try and get a pram in the sales too, trouble is we've not actually been to look at anything yet so we should probably do that first. I find it all a bit overwhelming - there's so many to choose from and some of them are SO expensive. I roughly know what features we want, which helps I think.

Mazzy, can't believe your nephew said that - did he get a telling off?!

His mum, and grandparents just laughed. Col knew i was upset so threatened nephew no presents. That resulted in "oh dont be mean" from mum and grandparents. Little shit can get away with anything

i would have told him myself Mazzy. how old is he?

I had the new Zelda game for the wii which DH new i was obsessing about getting lol LOVE the Zelda games. He also got me loads of baking stuff like a really pretty cup cake stand and that because he knows i love to cook but always complain i haven't got the stuff i need lol.

Mum made us a beautiful and very personal quilted i suppose photo, its in a frame anyway and has photos of the wedding on it and our vows and she had made a replica of the chappel we got married at and put on it. Its simple but lovely :D :D

We haven't had all our presents yet we get some tomorrow as we are going to DH mums and the day after we are got to DH dad's and grandparents.

Oh and i'm ill again :( woke up this morning feeling like s**t and as if i'd been thrown against a wall :( :( at least i wasn't on Christmas Day!!

xxx

oh isn't AF due (or not) sometime soon MrsMel?? wishing for a BFP for you xx

ahh dinah :( i just went online and looked for the pump but i can not see it :( i wanted that one lol

Merry (belated) Christmas ladies! Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and enjoyed time with family, friends, etc. I just walked in from my parents' so I have tons of unpacking and unloading and sorting to do, but then tonight I'll finally be able to show photos of the nursery because it's essentially "done" - small things to finish, but enough done to finally show it. :happydance: Perhaps the best gift I could have gotten, amongst the things I had been hoping for this year. :)

oh isn't AF due (or not) sometime soon MrsMel?? wishing for a BFP for you xx

Thanks hun :flower: I'm due on Thursday.

Look forward to seeing the nursery photos Swan, I imagine that'll be one of my favourite parts while waiting for a bubba to arrive!

Xx

Well fingers and toes crossed she doesnt turn up Mrs Mel! [-o<

Good luck Mrs Mel! Major FX for you!! :D :hugs:

Finally, got some photos attached! The bumpers are in just for staging purposes, but won't be keeping them in there, or at least not for awhile. :haha: Also, I need to reorganize the shelves and overheard shelf, but my MIL staged them while I was in the bathroom 'having surgery' because I stepped on a piece of glass, so they need some reorganization. lol. But it's the basic idea. :D

Attachments

• IMG_2547.jpg
    IMG_2547.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2550.jpg
    IMG_2550.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2554.jpg
    IMG_2554.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2539.jpg
    IMG_2539.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2541.jpg
    IMG_2541.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 7
Dinah, I think it’s a great idea to get started early. It’s getting expensive purchasing things for the baby, so being able to get deals and spread the spending is a good thing.

Mazzy, Your nephew said a terrible thing. I would have told him how mean that was.

Wanab, My nephew got the new Zelda game as well. It is a lot of fun.

Swanx, The baby’s room looks great. I love the colors and the cute little doggie.

I had a great Christmas with family. My DH got me a green apple KitchenAid stand mixer. Yeah! My parents also offered to buy the stroller for us, so I'm so happy about that.

Great pic swan I'm starting to make lo's rooms bit more child likes its just plain at moment. Im trying To buy stuff when on Offer as some stuff is really expensive . Not going mad on clothes aswe are time yellow and there isnt alot unisex here . I've been trying roses a few bits .
Off up town today trying to get Xmas / birthday presents lolx x

Just a quick pop in to say hi.

We are on the road back to my home town to see DH's parents on friday (they are coming over from where they live to my parents for a bbq) then its off to my brothers place to prepare for our traditional NYE celebrations.

I hope everyone is well and fingers crossed that AF doesn't show herself on Thursday Mrs Mel.

Talk soon xo

Swan your nursery is lovely!

Glad everyone had a good Christmas. Mine was lovely and quiet, just DH and I on christmas day, although we met up with a couple of friends for a walk with their dogs at about midday.

My parents were very generous with their gift this year. We want to put a wood burning stove (for heating) into our kitchen, but we need to get the chimney lined, a hearth installed as well as the cost of buying the stove, and it'll cost about £2-3k, which we can't afford at the moment. My parents, quite out of the blue, have offered to pay for it all, which left DH and I a bit speechless to be honest! So very generous of them. They also want to buy us a pram, which I thought they might offer to do, but wasn't expecting them to, IYSWIM. I think what we might suggest is that DH and I still pay what we were going to pay, but if they match it then we can buy something a bit better than we were planning to get.

We told all of the extended families over Christmas about the baby, although it seems that DH's elderly Grandad, who is 92, let the cat out of the bag some weeks ago as all his cousins and aunts/uncles already knew :haha: They let us tell them before they mentioned about Grandad telling them, which was nice. They all gave me lots of 'mother-to-be' toiletries and little newborn sleepsuits, which was very sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->