The Junebugs: TTC June 2011! 18 BFP's :) + 4 angels :( - 14 Junebug babies born!

Swan your nursery is lovely!

Glad everyone had a good Christmas. Mine was lovely and quiet, just DH and I on christmas day, although we met up with a couple of friends for a walk with their dogs at about midday.

My parents were very generous with their gift this year. We want to put a wood burning stove (for heating) into our kitchen, but we need to get the chimney lined, a hearth installed as well as the cost of buying the stove, and it'll cost about £2-3k, which we can't afford at the moment. My parents, quite out of the blue, have offered to pay for it all, which left DH and I a bit speechless to be honest! So very generous of them. They also want to buy us a pram, which I thought they might offer to do, but wasn't expecting them to, IYSWIM. I think what we might suggest is that DH and I still pay what we were going to pay, but if they match it then we can buy something a bit better than we were planning to get.

We told all of the extended families over Christmas about the baby, although it seems that DH's elderly Grandad, who is 92, let the cat out of the bag some weeks ago as all his cousins and aunts/uncles already knew :haha: They let us tell them before they mentioned about Grandad telling them, which was nice. They all gave me lots of 'mother-to-be' toiletries and little newborn sleepsuits, which was very sweet.

Swan- You did a great job on the baby's room! I'll have to get my pics up soon. It's fun what different ideas people come up with. :thumbup:

Mel- Good luck!

Becca- What a nice present from your family!

Sounds like everyone had an enjoyable Christmas and is looking forward to New Year's! I had my husband's family over for about five days. It was nice but I was ready to be back to normal!

I just got some troubling news. My cousin was admitted into the ICU last night in critical condition. She's septic and has developed a terrible infection. Over the last few weeks, she's been suffering from heart and respiratory problems though no one seems to know why. She's only 34 and has 3 young kids. Of course her husband and family is very nervous. I don't know what the prognosis is, but it looks like I might be making a sudden trip home to see if there's anything I can do to help. I hope it's not as bad as it sounds. :nope:

Assuming that my cuz improves and I don't end up taking the trip cross county to visit, my parents and brother will be visiting for New Year's. I hope that's what ends up happening!

Oh Nanner I hope your cousin improves very soon. I'll keep her in my thoughts xx

Swan your nursery looks lovely! And your dog is cute!

Have the pregnant ladies picked out your prams/buggies yet? I was walking to the bus stop and there was sooo many pushchairs around (i even got knocked in the back of my legs by one, silly moo was talking to her friend and not looking where she is going!)

I hope your cousin is ok Nanner, what a worry for you all.
I hope she starts to improve very soon x

Swan your nursery looks lovely! And your dog is cute!

Have the pregnant ladies picked out your prams/buggies yet? I was walking to the bus stop and there was sooo many pushchairs around (i even got knocked in the back of my legs by one, silly moo was talking to her friend and not looking where she is going!)

Urgh i'm just starting to look but I find it all overwhelming. It's such an expensive purchase, and I don't want to buy one, get it wrong and then have to buy somethiing else!

Nanner, I am so sorry about your cousin. I will keep her in my prayers.

Mazzy17, I’m getting the Chicco Keyfit 30 with Chicco Cortina stroller. It’s not my top choice, but I don’t forsee using it for years and years. I plan on using a wrap while she’s a little baby. I found this tutorial that is really easy to make a wrap: https://fivelittleladies.com/homeandgarden/2011/06/08/sew-a-baby-wrap/

I’m hoping to clean out and start the nursery this weekend.

We were thinking about getting a stoke xplory or silver cross surf. Oh is 6ft 3" am I'm 5 ft 5" so he is impressed with the height adjustments of the stokke. Just not about the expense!!
Still looking at nappys and car seat all very bewildering!! Any help out there!!

Nothing new yet on my cousin. Hopefully I'll hear something in the next couple of hours. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.

As far as strollers go, I plan on getting the Baby Trend Expedition ELX Travel System Stroller Windsor by Baby Trend from Babies R Us. It's definately a splurge, but I know I'll get a lot of use out of it. The LO can use it for several years and the detachable rearfacing carseat will be VERY convenient.

Singers I really want a Stokke too, but like you say ££££, scarily so! Even on ebay they go for high prices.

In terms of car seats, I'm getting a group 0+ seat that should (so they say) last up to the baby is 15 months, as I want to keep my baby rear-facing for as long as possible. I think we're probably getting either the Maxi Cosi cabriofix, or the Cybex Aton. Both have very good Which? reviews.

We will be getting maxi cosi cabriofix as it clips on to my current pushchair if needed . I'm hoping to use my ergo to Carry lo and push caleb until we can safely walk around shops or stand on buggy board lol.
Hope there is news on your cousin nanner sending hugs x
I'm trying to buy minimal this time as I don't want to be left with stuff I haven't used. I need a few more packs of size 1 nappies and a few 2's. News new cot and Moses baskets sheets and then just bins and a few essentials. I have a lots of baby grows and sleep suits from caleb so will use them and then buy coloured stuff once baby is born as we are still team yellow.
Pushchair wise I have a kiddicare IMAX adapt and is front and rear facing the wheels are annoying at times but it was a reasonable price and it's got storage for shopping. Xx

Hello ladies!

Sorry i've abondoned you for what feels like ages......just been really busy with xmas plans etc, and then was away for xmas and now just got home so thought i ought to do some catching up......wow i've missed loads.....so much to catch up on!

Well i'll start by saying i hope you all had a lovely christmas.....not long til 2012 now - yikes!!! So what are everyones NYE plans? Me and OH are heading over to our neighbours for some party food/drinks (but not for me!) and we'll no doubt play the Wii and other games etc, should be good, although i'll prob be ready to gone home to bed at 12.05am!!!! ha ha!!

Nanner i hope all is ok with ur cousin?

Swan ur nursery looks sooooo lovely :) It's really not long for you now......i cant wait to see pics of ur little baby girl :)

Becca - sounds like u were very lucky with geenrous xmas prezzies :)

Mel - fingers crossed the witch stays away for you :)

Mazzy - I've no idea where to start with puschairs, there are soooo many to choose from!

CeeDee - good luck with strating ur nursery - exciting!!

Poppie - Hello and enjoy NYE at ur brothers!

Singers/Wanna/Dinah/Kim - Hello Hope u are all ok?

So sorry if ive missed anyone.....just been such a mission to catch up and try to remeber all thats going on!

AFM i'm ok, glad now that we've told everyone about our little baby bean.....feels much better that its all out in the open :) I'm 15 weeks today and am not really showing at all yet.....when did all u ladies start to show or is there anyone like me who is still waiting? I can't wait to have a little bump!

Well, Happy New Year to you all xx

ahh dinah :( i just went online and looked for the pump but i can not see it :( i wanted that one lol

Its only in store not online, apparently if you can find one they're still scanning at £45 so might be worth popping down.

Keeping your cousin in my prayers Nanner.

DH just put 'Ghost' on as his movie choice, I'm sure he was trying to be sweet and give me something girlie to enjoy as I've been feeling sicky and dizzy all day due to a bad sinus cold and ear infection, but now I just can't stop bawling my eyes out.

Sorry you're unwell Dinah :hugs:

Meadows I don't have a bump yet, not even a hint of one. A week ago I thought perhaps I was filling out a bit but that's gone again. I can feel my uterus sometimes in the evenings, like a ridge an inch or two about my pubic bone. If I bend or crouch down in the evening I can feel pressure down there and it's fairly uncomfortable.

I think it'll probably be an early night as usual for me on NYE. I still get quite tired and my sickness has quite gone yet, so staying up until midnight will make me feel rotten the next day. I'm hopeless at sleeping in!

Well Ladies, this is me gone until next year, my parents are visiting and i dont think i will be getting on here much.

Have a wonderfil night with your families and friends, see you soon! :flower:

Have a great New Year Mazzy!!

Hows things going MrsMel?? Hope AF is staying away!! xxx

No sign of AF so far, but I did get a BFN this morning.

My cycles do tend to be bit inconsistent, so I'm probably just a bit late this month.

Will keep you posted though! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->