The Junebugs: TTC June 2011! 18 BFP's :) + 4 angels :( - 14 Junebug babies born!

I dont have pervy pets...landlord has said no animals, all i have to contend with is annoying parents who turn up when its my fertile time :growlmad:

Just a question....a thread in Teen Pregnancy got me thinking ....

How big of an age gap do you want your children to have?? How old will your LO be when you start TTC again?? Would how TTC has gone first time round effect your decision??

xxx

We started ttc last may ish so caleb was 18 months but he was 21 months when we got BFP that's what we wanted though really x x

I don't think I know when I'll want another one to be honest, we'll just start trying when the urge arises. There is a 6 year gap between me and my brother as my mum had the same blood pressure issues I do and wanted to make sure I was in school so if she was in hospital for 5 months again it was easier on the family as dad could drop me at school, my grandma or nana could pick me up, and dad could get me from there a few hours later on his way home from work.

Still trying to relax, bp is now 160/111, going to see midwife tomorrow and hopefully I can get to either the doctor or my consultant but either way I won't be in work again until they bring it down.

Hello everyone,

Happy New Year!!! Happy and healthy 2012 to everyone, lots of healthy babies to!!! and good BFPS!!

We have pervy pets, but you just to try to ignore them!!
Having bought nothing so far went a bit mad in the sales, (well not really mad) I have bought 6 body suits, 3 sleep suits, a swadling wrap thing, I have been given 3 cardigans, and 2 blankets. I have also bought 10 nappies, (im going cloth and they were on offer). Little did I know that my OH loves shopping for baby things... I left him in Debenhams whilst I went to the loo and when I came back, he had bought 8 pairs of socks and 3 different pairs of baby tights! who knew baby socks and tights are so cute!!! Its starting to feel more really now, I look pregnant and a little fat all at the same time, so dont think I am going to be able to keep it from my work collegues anymore!!

We are thinking about getting a 4d scan was wondering what anyone else had thought about this??

we have been looking prams, and OH is still set on the Stokke, Im just not sure cause of the expense. We had a look at thousands it seemed yesterday! OH doesnt like the Bugaboo Bee, and I have particular snow requirements (I know it sounds silly) he also doesnt like 3 wheelers..

So far we have managed to like stokke due mainly to - the height, the colours, the comfort and the Britax B-Smart 4 due to - ease of taking it up and down, the fact the carseat comes with it, and can go straight in the car. and Its over £600 cheaper!!

My brain is completely filled with prams, nappies..

Hope everyone is ok, and had a good new year

forgot to say Nanner- is anyone worried about your blood pressure??? Do you have to take any special precautions???

I love the look of the Stokke pushchairs, but I feel a little bit like they're form over function in some respects. Which magazine wasn't terrible impressed with it, only scoring it 59%. The biggest thing they flagged up that it wasn't terribly suitable for use on public transport - unsteady on escalators and difficult to manouvere on a bus, heavy, difficult to fold and unfold and very bulky. I really liked the look of the Bee online, but when we went to look at it I just thought it looked a bit unsteady and small. I didn't seem to have any sides to the seat and the child would be quite exposed. And the wheels are TINY!

We're getting a 4D scan at some point - my mum's neighbour and work colleague is a sonographer so she says she'll do one for us.

My SIL has lent us a few baby items - a baby bath, moses basket and stand, activity nest thing for little babies, Avent bottles with teats and also some clothes. She's got a little girl, though, so I just took a few unisex things. There was a sea of pink clothing! Even if I do have a little girl I won't be dressing her head to foot in pink.

Dinah, sorry to hear you're still having problems with your blood pressure. Nice not to have to go to work, but it'd clearly be better to be well enough to go! I hope they can bring it down a bit for you.

Wana, I've always thought an age gap of two years would be about right. We'll obviously have to see how we get on with one first! But if it's not too horrendous I think we'll probably start trying again when this one is about a year old so we'll just have to see what happens I guess.

I think we are on the same bp tablet except mine are a lower dose dinah. I haven't had my bp checked in a while but will ask what it is like friday as I have been getting terrible headaches but not sure if its sinus's or bp.
I bought some rompers from next for 2 and only a fiver plus some reindeer booties for next year and only 3.50.
Im trying not to go to mad on stuff now as i think we lots left from when we had caleb. xx

Can i ask the ladies what were the symptoms you had?

Blood pressure symptoms? I only get them when I go over about 145/100 (or 135/95 if I stay there for a few weeks), below that I feel fine. I get a pounding headache from opening my eyes on a morning through to last thing at night, extreme dizzyness and visual issues like an inability to judge distance (whacked my head off the bathroom mirror last night!) and just in the last few days I've had swollen fingers and nose bleeds (something I've only had twice in my whole life until this point) which are probably all part of it too. Blood pressure doesn't have loads of physical symptoms though, mostly it's undetectable except by a blood pressure check (by a midwife, not a machine as they keep telling me. Even though my home one is calibrated for pregnancy they still don't trust it).

Glad to be seeing the midwife today, and will try calling the hospital clinic after to see about moving my appointment forward from next Monday if possible. Have already called work and said not to expect me this week.

Mazzy, I had my normal PMT symptoms (breast tenderness, tired, heavy feeling in my uterus) but the only thing out of the ordinary, and only with the benefit of hindsight, was that I felt quite breathless for a week before I took the test.

Happy New Years ladies! We had a nice time with family this year. I can’t believe I actually stayed up.

Wanab, If we decide to have another baby we will start TTC again when little one turns 1. We are in our late 30’s so we have to start again ASAP. We were thinking about adopting as well.

Singers, I was thinking about 4d as well, but I probably won’t do it. My doctor already has the equipment in her office, so I might just ask for another scan later on. I’m cheap and don’t want to pay for it. LOL I haven’t had any blood pressure issues as of yet. I’m trying to stick to my an exercise routine.

I can't believe I have less than 100 days left.

Midwife visit was fine, met my proper midwife, who was lovely. My blood pressure was up but not badly so (130/90) but she said I could be getting lows sometimes to make me dizzy. That didn't make sense to me knowing my blood pressure - she tried to put me through to the team at the hospital but they told me to go to A&E or my GP. So I called the GPs, the stroppy receptionist told me they only had an emergency appointment. Knowing the hospital had said to get a same day appointment at the GP I said I'd have to take that then. I was really worked up about the GP not taking me seriously, but she was absolutely fantastic. Very much a 'you know your body better than we can' sort, after she discussed all my options and concerns she said she better listen to the blood pressure, told me to relax, think of being around the Christmas tree with a good movie on the telly, had a listen then said 'well that can't have been a relaxing movie as you're 145/110!'. So she's upped my tablets to almost double the dose, told me to rest this week with my feet up and see what the consultant says on Monday. In her opinion I'd be better on bed rest for the rest of the pregnancy - she offered to sign me off today. However I'm really concerned about letting the team and my manager down at work, and them thinking badly of me for being on the sick for 5 months. The other side of my head says stuff work take every precaution to make this pregnancy go as well and for as long as possible, you won't care about your employer in ten years time but you will still care about your baby more than you ever did even now about work. What would anyone else do? Should I sign myself up for 5 months of lying on the sofa with my feet up, or be a good soldier and keep going in as long as I can?

On the positive side the midwife felt my tummy, told me baby is growing well for 16 weeks (a huge relief as high bp = tiny babies) and listened in with the doppler. She found the heartbeat immediately and told me he's incredibly active, he kept kicking the doppler just like during the 12 week scan. She said it was a bit hard to get a good listen as he just kept squirming away. Apparently he's going to keep me awake once I can feel the kicks as he's a wriggler!

Dinah - if the doc is recommending that u should be resting, then i'd do it. Like u said, who cares about work, when this baby is the most important thing to u in the world! I do understand how u must be feeling tho and i'd feel exactly the same, but if a doc thinks you should be signed off, then it's pretty clear it's for a good reason and that ur not just skiving! Fingers crossed ur blood pressure goes down soon. Have u got a bump yet?

I had my 16 week check today too, although my midwife didn't check my tummy, or listen for a heartbeat :-( she said she checks the heartbeat at the 25 week appointment. All she did today was weigh me, test my wee pot, take bloods for downs tests and check my blood pressure, i was in and out in 10mins!

Dinah I agree with Meadows. I think the baby is most important. Is there any way you can do any work from home?

Meadows, That was a quick appointment. My doctor checks for heartbeat at every appointment. I would have been disappointed if she didn’t.

I was there about 25 mins for my 16 week appointment, but then we did call the hospital to try to get the appointment there which took ages as I was on hold. I offered her my blood as the file said she'd take it at this appointment but she said I didn't need it taken as it was done at 12 weeks. Apparently I have fantastic Iron levels but no resistance to German Measles so will need the vaccine once the baby is born.

Are you not back at the midwife until 25 weeks Meadows? My midwife wants me back at 18 weeks to check on progress.

I think I had a bump... just a little one, but then in the last few days it seems to have vanished again. Maybe I'm just getting used to being a bit bulkier?! How about you?

I'll take this week off until the consultant, monitor my bp, and see how I feel, and make a decision regarding next week when Monday has been and gone. At the moment I'm inclined to say I'm staying home, nesting, and listening to lots of hypnotherapy and classical music cds to get me all calm and zen ready for the baby to arrive at 40 weeks rather than the usual 36 my family struggles to make it to.

Hi everyone,
We're home again and getting ready for our next visitors who are coming down to help with our front garden. They are bringing their 2 kids (4 and 2) so it's going to be fun to have some little ones around. I really would have liked to just have a few days off before going back to work next week, but we really need to get this garden done and he's a landscape gardener and we only have to pay him in beer!

Going along well, baby bug is kicking and moving heaps. I'm sure I've felt hiccups in there too!

Dinah - sorry to read about your BP stuff. I'd also be inclined to take the Drs advice and rest. I know in our situation it would be really hard because we can't really afford for me to be off work at the moment, but if you can I'd definitely take the rest time. My BP has been good so far. I must get into checking it everyday with my machine.

My appointments are usually about 15 minutes each and she always checks my tummy, measures fundal height and uses the doppler for the heartbeat.

I hope everyone is going along well. Is it nice and cold where you all are?? Melbourne had 41c (105 F) the other day. Luckily we missed it as we were away! There's a cool change now so it's more like 26c today.

Talk soon.

xo

I saw my midwife at 13 weeks then not until 24. This time around I haven't seen many many people . I have Antinatal Friday so need to ask about bp and probably will see
Docs more I think.
I had a dream I felt baby's head last night and it was really odd I was in the supermarket and even got lo to feel it to x x

I see at least one midwife/consultant a week, actually seems to make time pass quicker as well.

I actually get full pay for 6 months if I'm off work so financially given I spend over £300 a month on the commute I'd be better off not working!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->