The Junebugs: TTC June 2011! 18 BFP's :) + 4 angels :( - 14 Junebug babies born!

Dinah, I think it's still quite early for you to be feeling movement, let alone your DH!

I've been lucky I guess, been having really clear kicks for the last fortnight, started having flutters in week 15. Not sure if it's because I'm quite small or I just have a long legged kickboxer!

Good luck to your hubby Singers!!

The swaddle me is great! :thumbup: I love mine and so does Aria.

Aww Dinah that's too cute! My OH was bummed too because I felt Aria somewhere between 16-18 weeks and he didn't until 20 or so because I had too much cushion. ;) :lol: he used to get so upset too. But I'm glad yours was able to feel! :) too sweet.

I've heard of it Kimberley but I didn't have it. Sorry love! :(

Junebugs are seriously into the Team Pink! Congrats Kim!

Swanx, I’ve seen a lot of preemie clothing at Carter’s. Thanks for the advice. I’m the queen of last minute and I need to be more prepared. My mom is making me a huge supply of receiving blankets. I should have about 30 when it’s all said and done.

Dinah, That’s funny that baby gave hubby a proper kick at the right time. LOL

So much snow here and it doesn't show signs of slowing down! Getting a little tired of it, but it is pretty!

Had my 30 week appointment yesterday. It was pretty fast and easy. Although, there was an intern there to observe so I got to be the ginnypig for him. My doc had him poke around and try to determine direction of the baby (seems to be vertical and heads down :thumbup:) and find the heart beat. I don't mind being a test subject for students. I actually find it interesting!

My hubby and I are at a stand still with names. He hates everything I like and I hate everything he likes. We end up getting in arguments over it! A couple of times we'll find one that we're both okay with, but eventually one or the other changes their mind after a couple of weeks. We've agreed we're not going to talk about it again until LO is born. :wacko: Our new plan is to each pick out 2 or 3 names and we'll discuss it when we have to fill out the birth certificate!
Names I like (that might have a chance with my hubby!)- Paige, Rosaland, and Elise. I'm still hoping to use Elaine as the middle name, but that'll depend on the first name. Anyone else having this trouble?

Today I'm meeting with my employee services office to get my FMLA together and try to figure out how I can possibly stretch out my full time employment (on paper) to keep my benefits. Hopefully she'll have good news for me!

No problem CeeDee - I tend to procrastinate a lot, but I went through a huge "must pack bag" phase and so glad that I did! :haha: I found that newborn sizes at Carter's almost fits her perfectly, so we've been using that option if we go out anywhere. Since it's so cold, we mostly stay in though. Tomorrow I want to run to Macy's to make some returns so I will be taking her to the mall... but at least that's indoors. :)

That's awesome about your aim for a home birth Singers! :D Are you having a water birth? I love hearing people's homebirth stories. You're so brave; I admire the decision immensely.

Brr, snow. :( We are supposed to get some tonight. Grrrrr. Stay warm Nanner and congrats on 30 weeks! :dance:

Yeh hoping for a water birth, we live about 5 mins from the hospital, so if anything was to happen it wouldnt take long to get there. I have seen so many nice water births, and to be honest I love the bath, when I slipped a disk in my back, the only place I wasnt in pain was the bath. I am hoping that it will go well!

Morning everyone and HELLO FRIDAY!! :yipee:

Looking forward to this weekend as we're off to our night in the city. It's going to be lovely. Also, not so lovely, I'm going for my glucose challenge test tomorrow morning. I was going to do it next Saturday morning but my Obs said do it this weekend. Fingers crossed it all goes ok, then I can relax tomorrow night.

Dinah - I felt movements early too and it was fantastic when DH could finally feel them too. I love watching my tummy move and wiggle now. So amazing to know there's a little guy in there doing that.

Singers - all the best with the home birth. We're too far from the hospital to even comprehend doing it and also with my BP and stuff I think it's best for me to be in the hospital.

Nanner - I'm sure you'll come to decide on a name soon enough. I'm so glad we're pretty much set on ours. I've been calling him by his name some times but DH doesn't want to call him that until he is born.

I'm jealous of all the snow I'm hearing about. It doesn't snow where we live, but you can go to the snowfields in the winter. We've never been but would love to do it one day.

Have a great Friday! :)

Am just back to post the VHC stuff I ordered for the nursery from Pottery Barn. I can't wait for it to arrive! I would have loved to get them personalised but because hubby won't call him by the name we've chosen until he is born, we've just ordered them plain.

I've also ordered a lamp shade from Etsy!!

Quilt
https://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g321/Poppiebug/VHCQuilt.jpg

Cot Sheet (not the bumpers).
https://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g321/Poppiebug/VHCsheets.jpg

Sham / Pillow (it's the Caterpillar one on the bed)
https://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g321/Poppiebug/VHCpillow.jpg

Towel, Hand Towel and Face Washer
https://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g321/Poppiebug/VHCtowels.jpg

That's so cute Poppie :cloud9:

Singers, I'm hoping to have a waterbirth, but I'm going to go to the hospital. Just don't have the guts to stay at home! We're 20 minutes in clear traffic (more if it's rush hour) from the hospital, although it's probably faster in an ambulance, so that's a big factor in me not wanting to stay at home. The hospital has been updated recently - bathrooms in every delivery suite that have huge, deep baths, which are hooked up with gas and air (well so I've been told, anyway!)

Becca sounds great.. I just hate hospitals and the midwife is very pro home birth so thats where I will stay, I think I will like being at home once its all over.. I can get up and make a cup of tea if I want, lay in bed or on the sofa, have the things I like with me already!
Poppie what name have you picked?? beautiful bedding!!

Nanner, Hubby and I have it narrowed down to a few names. We are still hashing out the middle name, but we plan on waiting till she’s born to decide both. It was a little easier for us because we knew we wanted a “D” name we just went through a baby book and picked our tops.

Poppie, I hope you glucose test goes well. I did mine last Saturday and it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. Very cute nursery set. I love the Hungry Caterpillar. My nephew loved that story when he was a baby.

Singers, I think it’s great you are having a homebirth. There are so many more advantages to being home than being in a hospital. I have to give birth in a hospital or the insurance company won’t pay for anything.

Poppie - LOOOOOOOOVE the bedding its fab!!! Absoloutly love the Hungry Caterpilla :D :D xxx

i love hungry caterpillar stuff.
Cant wait for scan on wednesday and i have one booked in for another 4 weeks yey. consultant seemed a bit iffy with me working upto 37 weeks due to my diabetes and last pregnancy. Get my matb1 for soon so will see how scan goes then probably just book mat leave for 37 weeks with 1 weekend anual leave on top then if i have to finish earlier i do have annual leave to take or consultant may do sick note .
everything is going well though and heard heartbeat which is reassurance as im sure im feeling kicks but not 100% xx

Morning ladies!
Just had my glucose drink. Wasnt too bad, just getting down the last mouthful was a challenge. Waiting the hour now to have my blood taken, then we are off to the city for the rest of the day and night!

I am happy to share the name we have but I would rather do it in PM, hubby would rather it not just shared on here (publically) as we arent telling family or friends til he arrives. So if you'd like to know PM me.

Glad you love my VHC stuff. It was my fave book too (still is! Lol!).

I hope you all have a lovely weekend!

Edited to add: 100 days to go!!! :yipee:

I think thats fair enough (about the name!!) poppie, how was the results of the test, hope they were ok. Haven a lovely weekend!, Cant wait till im 99 days!!! So soon! It will be intresting to see which one of us pops first!

how is everyone else on this miserable saturday morning (well it is in london!) going to go out walk the dogs, do a few errans then off the alotment quite excited about growing our own things!

CEEDEE rubbish about the insurance.. Im raelly happy with the home desicison thing, I think its definately right for me oh and our baby!

I feel a bit dumb about not being able to just post it here, but you never know who reads our stuff hey? Not that I have anything to hide but still. Anyway I really am happy to share with my Junebugs in PM if you would like to know.

I wont get my test results until my Obs lets me know either via phone or when I see her next in a couple of weeks. I am hoping that no news is good news. I am a bit scared of failing it and having to do the longer one and also deal with GD if i had it. I know my Obs is really good and would look after me, I guess I just have to trust in that.

Having a nice time on our little get away. Went to the baby sale at Target and got a couple of cute suits, an air wrap for the cot, some wipes, a cute hooded towel and a Wiggles fleece blanket. All on sale! The hotel is lovely and we have just been relaxing all afternoon and evening.

Speaking of the Wiggles, are you ladies familiar with them? They have been in the news over the last few days as Greg (the original yellow wiggle) is rejoining the group. I love love love the Wiggles and i think it is wonderful that he is now well enough to come back. There is a lot of controversy about them "getting rid of" Sam from the job of yellow Wiggle and I think it is really sad how people are whinging, complaining and speculating about it all and the money people are getting paid. All they want to do is entertain the kids, which is what they do best. I cannot wait to be able to introduce my little man to them and take him to see them (in their original line up) when he is old enough!

Hi Ladies!

Poppy i love your bedding!!

Well nothing much happening here, went to a works 40th party last night free bar :thumbup: I danced i boogied i pissed off my head of department because a fella she likes came up to me and spoke to me and blanked her :shrug: or i should say didnt sweep her off her feet and take her away

Send some snow over to us!

Singers, I'm hoping to stay at home as long as possible if I can, just very nervous about actually giving birth...

Re: names, we're not picking a name before baby is born - I mean we will have a couple of choices for each gender, but nothing definite. I know a lot of people name their baby before it's born, but it's not something DH and I want to do... We aren't finding out the gender, so that makes things harder! We want to wait and see what the baby looks like before choosing a name.

becca if your not finding out the sex and neither is medows and pink, that means Dinah is the only one left finding out the sex of the baby (until the rest of us catch up lol)

Also i'm think that most our :yellow: bumps will turn into :blue: bumps and balance it all out or we'll be over run by girls haha

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->