The Junebugs: TTC June 2011! 18 BFP's :) + 4 angels :( - 14 Junebug babies born!

Hello all! Hope ur all having a nice weekend so far. We've been out looking at pushchairs and oh my-there are soooooo many to choose from! Was very exciting tho having a first proper look! We were also looking at how we fancied decorating the nursery.....still not 100% on our choice, but pretty sure we're gonna go down the neutral beige/brown route! We plan to decorate in feb half term (as I'm a teacher!) and that will be after our 20wk scan too, so that works well.

As for water birth, I am interested in one too, but don't think they have many pools at the hospital we will be going to, and also I've heard that the ones they do have are in a certain place where u are left to ur own devices a bit more, whereas I think I'd rather have a midwife with me for the majority of the time! If one born every minute is anything to go by, the whole giving birth thing looks pretty scary!!! Am going to enquire tho, so we'll see!

Well, I hope all of u r are well......12days til our 20wk scan, I'm still hoping all is going to be ok and that they don't find and defects with the baby like that high AFP suggested....fingers crossed x

becca if your not finding out the sex and neither is medows and pink, that means Dinah is the only one left finding out the sex of the baby (until the rest of us catch up lol)

Also i'm think that most our :yellow: bumps will turn into :blue: bumps and balance it all out or we'll be over run by girls haha

xxx

I feel like it's going to be a girl :thumbup: Everyone else (well, DH and his family) thinks boy :shrug:

well i'd stick with your gut instinct :) from what i've seen on these forums what each mum to be's gut feeling is whether boy or girl is usually right :thumbup: xxx

Singers- I think it's great that you chose a home delivery. I considered it but we live in a very rural area and is nearly 45 minutes to the hospital. Hope it goes well for you! :thumbup:

Poppie- Love the bedding!

I had my glucose test done a few weeks ago. I actually came in very low. In fact, the nurse said that she's never seen it so far off the charts! My doc wasn't concerned though. I guess it's better than being high! Oh course I'm using this as an excuse to have a latte' everyday!

Poppie- I don't blame you for keeping mum about your name. Hubby and I have a name picked out for a boy, but since we won't be using it this time around, we are very secretive about it.

So far I've spent most of my weekend in the garage. I'm framing out a mirror for the baby's room and am transforming a matching corner shelf made from an old door. I'll post pics when I'm done. I'm pretty pleased with the projects so far!

Evening ladies.
We're home from out little city adventure - with more purchases. I HAD TO HAVE this VHC Baby Book when I saw it. Luckily it wasn't too exxy! It's one of those record books where you put first photos, notes about family etc. So happy I found it. Here's a dodgy phone photo of it.
https://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g321/Poppiebug/2012-01-22180600.jpg

Monday tomorrow, ugh about work, but it's my birthday so I'll be going out for lunch with some friends from work and also do something nice for dinner with DH.

I hope the remainder of your weekends are lovely.
:flower:

Its fab Poppie, you;ve been very lucky finding things that are theme related :)

Can't wait to see pics Nanner!

AFM nothing going on really except that my laptop broke last night :( Thankfully i've been paying monthly insurance on it so i've taken it to get fixed :) Its going to be gone for 2/3 weeks though so i'm currently sharing DH's computer! Not the easiset tbh but will make do :)

Hope everyone is having a great weekend and Poppie if i'm not on at all tomorrow or again this evening...Happy Birthday!!

Oh and i've ordered my thermometer and preseed so should be getting that this week. Don't know if it will be here in time for this month as i'm due to ov end of the week but if not we're all ready for February :) xxx

Happy Birthday Poppie! :cake:

Good luck with the thermometer and preseed Wana!

Happy Birthday Poppie, hope you have a great day!

Wana, hope your equipment arrives in time :)

I'll be testing this week, think AF's due Thursday or Friday, so will wait to see what happens.

Hope everyone else has had a good weekend xx

Morning!!

Thank you for the birthday wishes ladies. I have a thrilling day planned in the office - not! Although we will go out for lunch and I'll treat myself to a muffin when the coffee van comes :) Hubby and I will also go for Cold Rock Ice Cream tonight - yumbo!

26 weeks today! :happydance: The time is getting away!

Wana - I hope your stuff comes in time, if not - just keep on baby dancing! :)

Mrs Mel - :dust: for you this week! I hope AF is a no-show!

I hope everyone has a great week.

Happy birthday Poppie! I had no idea we practically shared birthdays - you're smack between myself (the 22) and my momma (the 24) :lol: Hope you have a wonderful day! xoxo

Thanks Swan!!

Happy Birthday to you too then! :cake: I hope you had a lovely day yesterday?!?

Happy birthday poppie and belated happy birthday swan!

Almost 3rd tri now poppie!

DH and I sat down yesterday and worked out our finances for when me either returning to work or not when my maternity leave finishes. With our current spending habits (not very careful) we could just afford for me to stay off work, so if we make some adjustments then we should be fine. We just have to be a bit more restrained! DH is worse than me - he spent £200 on Lego just after Christmas! A grown man does not need that much Lego lol!

Boys and their toys eh? :)

Happy Birthday for yesterday Swan!

Happy birthday Poppie, and happy birthday Swan!

Becca we have been looking at finances to... The main out going we have is we are currently having to pay a large amoutn every month for a new heating system, and my OH is doing his PHD so thats taking up quite a bit.. Im hoping that he can get funding next year, The plan is to go back to work in time to have time off at christmas (I get two weeks because the library I work at is closed) and then reasses the situation in terms of child care, my mum or FIL may have to come down and look after the baby while I work...

Its a hard desicion to make, but we may actually be ok if I dont, as child care costs in London are ridiculous!

Im posting and hoping that when I post my ticker says 99 days!!! Im really looking forward to the double figures bit, Im definatly nearly tehre then!!

Also looking for opinions... Im going away for a week to France. Do you think I need extra travel insurance? I think I have insurance through my bank not sure though... Normally I dont bother because we have th E111 card thing which is suppose to count,but I didnt know if it covered pregnancy?? To be honest we are so near Calais, that it would probably be quicker to get a channell tunnel back to dover and to a hospital than work out where one is and if they speak english in france!! What do you think ladies??

p.s!! 100 DAYS!!! so close!

I always get travel insurance if I'm going abroad singers. The EHIC isn't really worth the paper it's printed on in my opinion! It doesn't cover all medical costs, and you are only entitled to the same level of cover that residents of that country get for free, so if they don't get maternity cover for free then neither will you! Most importantly, if you have to be repatriated because you're too ill to get yourself home, it doesn't cover the cost of that, which can run into tens of thousands if you need a short-notice flight, nursing care, large amount of seating on a plane etc. Obviously that's worst case scenario, but for the sake of £30 or so for a week, I wouldn't risk it myself...

https://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/staying-safe/travel-insurance/ehic

Thanks everyone :D

and Happy Birthday Swan :) (even though its late)

I can't remember how old everyone is..i know i'm the youngest but i have no idea other than that lol. I could go searching back but i can't be bothered!

I'd go with what Becca said, better safe than sorry kinda thing. If you get insurance at least you know your sorted no matter what!

Are most of you looking at not going back to work after baby?? I'll probably cut my hours down but wouldn't not go back. There's no way we could afford it. I earn more than Hubby atm.

wow £200 on lego...hubby could only hope to do something like that lol

My health eating i kicked back in to gear is going well and so is the bike riding i took up with mum on a saturday. The first time we went we took 40 min and got about 3 miles (not very good on a bike) it was our 3rd time this weekend just gone and it took us 40min to go 5.5 miles so we are deffinatly picking up the pace :D

I just want to drop these lbs i've added since the wedding. I don't need extra weight before getting pregnant and adding more weight lol

Good luck MrsMel hope AF stays away!! We need another BFP in this thread. Everyone will have had their babies at this rate otherwise :haha:

Long week this week in work as me and the manager are covering hours where staff are missing...not fun but needs to be done. Will be looking forward to the weekend and i'm sure it will fly round. Hope so anyway.

Getting a new hair do this weekend so will post pictures to see what you all think :) My hair goes down past my boobs atm and i'm not sure if i'm going to chop it shoulder length or not or whether to get a fringe so i could come out with anything lol

Anyway i'm just jabbering on now lol. Hope your all haveing a good evening and i'll check in tomorrow :)

xxx

Happy Belated Birthday girls!!! :cake:

Wana like you im due to Ov at the end of the week me and hubby are BDing every other day until late in the cycle. I have also prep'ed for Feb with preseed, soft cups :thumbup:

Morning ladies,
Thank you for the Birthday wishes. I had a good day despite being at work.

Wana - I turned 29 - gearing up for the big 30 next year, planning the party already. I also forget how old everyone is.

Singers - congrats on 100 days to go!!

I've been looking at when to start my mat leave too, I can't remember if I posted or not but I am hoping to get to about 35 weeks at work, then take 4 days leave before the Easter Weekend, which would mean I would get paid for Good Friday and Easter Monday public holidays then start my actual maternity leave on the 10th April.

Then as far as coming back to work, I'll resign from my position after my 4 months parental leave pay and then hopefully start my family day care at home not too long after that. We can't really afford for me to be without an income, but we'll do our best. Would love to stretch out the not working for 6 months, but we'll see. Am looking forward to working from home.

Anyways, have a lovely day :)

I just met with employee services today to discuss my future employment options. Unless the doc tells me otherwise, I plan to work up until I deliver. I'll then start collecting short-term disability for 6 weeks. This will be the only time I get paid and only at about half my normal rate. I'll have a total of 12 weeks off then I'll return to work but only part-time and I've agreed to step down from my position. This also results in a pay cut.

My husband and I have agreed that me reducing my hours and my pay is worth me being able to be home with our new LO. The original plan was for me to quit altogether, but I was worried that I would go stir crazy staying at home all day. So even just part time work will help keep me sane and social! Plus, I'll be able to maintain some of my benefits if I stay employed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->