The Junebugs: TTC June 2011! 18 BFP's :) + 4 angels :( - 14 Junebug babies born!

Wana, I'm 28 :)

I'm not sure about maternity leave yet, I guess hubby and I will need to sit down and talk about it when the time comes. Childcare is so expensive, it's hard to know what to do for the best really.

im 23 :)
24 in kuly the 3rd 4days after due date hehe x so its weird to think that this 24 birthday im either going to be over due or with a baby!

Thanks for the birthday wishes. :) We had a wonderful weekend at home with our puppy and Aria. And my mom watched them Saturday so we could do dinner together, which was great. I mostly relaxed and it was wonderful. :)

I turned 26 for my birthday. The bad part is that I forgot how old I was turning. :|

I will not be returning to work. But they do not know that yet. It won't be forever but with the cost of child care plus the shoddy US maternity benefits, we feel this is best. It won't be easy but I'm willing to cut out anything necessary for the sake of not sending my 6 week old to child care. :(

Morning all. Hope everyone had a good weekend. I had a nice time going to London to see my cousins, but came back with a tummy bug which had me floored for all of yesterday. I'm now very much on countdown to my scan (which I almost forget is also my birthday as its only the scan on my mind!)

The cost of childcare is shocking. Nurseries near me are £75 per day! Childminders are a bit less but not significantly so. If I did come back to work it would just be because I want to work. There wouldn't be any financial benefit to it at all by the time I'd paid for train fares on top of childminders fees.

Gosh thats a lot, A childminder here is about £32 for 8 hours, and a nursery £35.

I'd probably be better off financially if I became a childminder, now that I think about it. I spend a quarter of my salary actually getting to work at the moment. Even just having a couple of children as well as my own and I'd be earning more than I currently do, and I'd be at home with my LO too. Perhaps that's something I ought to consider!

Wanna:
Im 33...
I will be returning to work after. I should have about 3 1/2 months off all paid. We are not planning on daycare as i hope daddy will have the opposite schedule as me. He is looking for work as a nurse as he just finished his nursing degree... Plus neither of us want baby in daycare

Morning ladies, happy hump day!!

Tomorrow is Australia Day which means we get a public holiday! Looking forward to a sleep in, but hubby has decided to work because he needs to get stuff done at his school before the teachers get back (he's the IT Manager). Either way it'll be nice to have a day at home.

I'd probably be better off financially if I became a childminder, now that I think about it. I spend a quarter of my salary actually getting to work at the moment. Even just having a couple of children as well as my own and I'd be earning more than I currently do, and I'd be at home with my LO too. Perhaps that's something I ought to consider!
This is a reason why I am going to be a day care giver myself from home. With my current job there's no way, even with full time pay, that it would be worth sending my LO to care. This is also something I've always wanted to do, it will be like being a SAHM but also giving my little one social interaction with other kids from a very early age.

Hi Dodge! How are you?

I hope everyone is well.

xo

we're a nice range of anges then girls :) i'm 21 btw but thats in my sig.

well i'm quite lucky as LO will be coming to work with me and that i work in my parents business so its already been discussed that my job title will change and my work load will change but i'll work less hours with my pay staying the same. So works out well for us really but then we are very fortunate that we can do that.

Our nursery (the one where i work) charges £37.50 a day, that includes a pick up and drop off service from allocated places because we are rural, all meal except dinner and cloth nappies throughout the day. But London and that are stupidly expensive.

Mum started off as a childminder and i used to help her between school like half term etc and it was fab! Thats how she then went on to open 2 nurseries.

Good to see you dodge :)

Hope your feeling better Dinah!!

Mazzy my preseed and Thermometer hasn't arrived yet so might have to miss out for this month but we'll give it a good go anyway lol Hope all goes well for you :thumbup:

xxx

Just a quick one...my thermometer and preseed arrived today!! yayyy..lets get rolling lol :) xxx

Oh FFS!!!! Thats another 2 people who have announced they are pregnant :cry:

Happy Australia Day!!
https://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g321/Poppiebug/australia-day-koala-kangaroo.jpg​

Morning ladies! I had a lovely sleep in this morning, we love a good public holiday here in Australia.

My Obs called last night with the results of my tests from the weekend. The first thing she said was, you have a urinary tract infection. I was like "oh, really?" because I've had UTI's before and man I have known about it! I've had no symptoms of this what so ever. Anyway, she said to go straight to the pharmacy to get the antibiotics that I need and she'd call them to allow the prescription. Luckily my local chemist was still open. So I also asked about the rest of the tests (the GD one I was mainly worried about) and she said she had just closed down her computer but nothing else "stood out" to her as any results that need to be looked at come up in red. So I was very relieved that I don't have GD! :thumbup: So now am on my antibiotics for 6 days and then she'll test again when I see her next.

Mazzy - hugs love. Your time will come soon but I can understand your frustrations with so many pregnancy announcements. They are coming left right and centre over here at the moment too.

Wana - glad your stuff arrived. Hopefully you won't need to be using them for too long!

Anyway, DH is at work and I told him I'd tidy up the house a bit today so I'd better get on with it.

xoxo

Hello ladies, well just going along here, counting down the weeks, I have become slightly less worried about movements, some days she is moving lotsm some days she just doesnt! I was in te bath the other day , and well Alien alert I suppose you dont normally lay naked reading watching your stomach moving around! It is very very surreal!

Wanna, Im 28 and OH 26 I said when I was younger that I wouldnt even consider having children till I was 28 so its perfect timing for me!

Did anyone watch One born every minute last night.. I used to love watching it, and to be honest havent since I got pregnant thinking it might make me feel weird, but I watched it last night, and One lady had the quickest birth I have ever seen.. Im just hoping mine goes that quick!!!

How is everyone?

Wanna- I'm 28. I would've been up to having kids sooner, but we just weren't there yet. Now is as good a time as any!

We had our first birth class this week. Since we live in such a rural area and want to try to avoid commuting into the city, we opted for a home class. Normally the lady that teaches it prefers to have several couples at once, but as it stands, it's just us. I'm not quite sure what I think of it so far. I'll know more after a couple more classes.

Morning ladies.
Friday - yay but totally sucked coming in to work today after a public holiday. Not too many people in the office today and the bosses are away but said we could order pizzas in for lunch (paid for by the company!).

I was a bit scared this morning as I had a bit of pelvic and lower back pain when I got up and driving into work but it's gone from my pelvis and eased heaps in my back since I've been walking around at work. I haven't had any spotting or anything but will just keep an eye on it and call up if it comes back worse or whatever. Baby is still moving around in there.

I hope you all have a good weekend

:flower:

Could it be Braxton Hicks Poppy? Hope you feeling better.

Well the week is getting better, had another announcement from a friend she is expecting and another friend had a baby last night. Im really struggling to break my diet right now :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->