The Junebugs: TTC June 2011! 18 BFP's :) + 4 angels :( - 14 Junebug babies born!

I wish I could watch the UK version of OBEM. The US version is not very good and everyone seems to get epidurals.
I've seen the US version and you're right it's not very exciting. Just women laying in their beds with their epidural! Is that common? I do read stories of women doing it without, but it seems to be an almost maverick option from what I've read on here. Big focus on natural birth v medicalised, whereas I suppose that's the one thing with the UK that we do have quite a lot of different pain relief options. The focus here seems to be on managing the pain so you get through it with as few interventions as possible. A lot of other countries just go for the no pain option! My friend gave birth in France and was told she either had an epidural or nothing at all, when in fact she was 8cms and probably could have got through the last bit with just something to take the edge off if it had been available. She ended up with failure to progress and had a c-section. She thinks that probably wouldn't have happened.

I guess some countries see it as a process that needs to be highly medicalised, and others see it as a normal physiological process.

Good luck for the testing wana

Well, AF comes on Monday so i will be officially testing on valentines day. Yesterday it was mine and hubbys anniversary so i done a FRER. I think i saw a very very very faint line but im 90% sure its my brain playing tricks on me and making me see what i want to see :shrug: So i waiting until valentines day to test again.

Me and hubby had a nice and simple anniversary meal, we ordered in curry and stayed in and watched Game of Thrones. But he is taking me out to a chinese tonight.

He got a bit drunk last night and was saying how much he wants amd looking forward to having a little baby...bless.

Love to all x

Did you take a picture of the test? I want to see wanna :)
Becca I thought that they just go here have a epi and do not give the mother a chance to try anything else also I have noticed a lot of c sections are used to.

Well i haven't tested yet i'm getting one today. I decided to give myself one more day. However i'm a bit confused right now. My temp went up Wed, dipped slightly Thur and has gone up since and today is at its highest its been. My boobs are still a cup size bigger and uncomfortable, i'm tired and icky at times. I've had nothing to suggest AF is coming and no tummy pain or anything. However i went for a wee about 15min ago and i had some brownish cm there :( Now i'm HOPING that it is just a small bit of spotitng and doesn't turn into anything.

I'm just confused as my temp went up, its the highest its been and usually my fuller boobs disappear. I don't know i'm just crossing everything atm because i really was convinced.

Hope you get your BFP Mazzy and have fun Singers!!

xxx

I meant mazzy lol sorry baby head! I hope you both get bfps we need some more bfp

FX for you both, Mazzy and Wana! :hugs: :dust: Mazzy did you take a photo of the test?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

Congrats on your :pink: bump Becca!

Sorry to hear you're hospitalized, Poppie. :hugs: That stinks! :( I hope they send you home Monday with a clean bill of health! :thumbup:

Enjoy France, Singers!

RE: epidurals in the US - at the hospital where I went for delivery, I asked how many women delivery naturally and they told me that "it's far more common for women to come in expecting to go naturally and ending up asking for an epidural than it is for a woman to go naturally, planned or unplanned." I was prepared for a natural birth, and though they said they were uncommon there, the nurses were all 100% supportive of my endeavor. In the end, I didn't have a natural birth due to the length of labor, the intensity of my contractions + back labor and exhaustion... for Aria's sake, they needed to drug me so I would have the strength to push her out of me. And they made the right call; I've accepted this now. But all of my friends told me I was "stupid" or "insane" or "ridiculous" for wanting to try naturally. "That's what the drugs are for, silly." :shrug: Besides the US ladies on BNB, almost everyone from the US who I've encountered concerning childbirth is a firm believer in utilizing the drugs. I was totally devastated at first that I ended up with an epidural, but in hindsight I know that my doctor made the right call. I was far too exhausted to function. :lol: Even my nurses confessed that they all asked for an epidural anytime between 1 and 4 centimeters, so they praised me for making it to 8 before allowing them to stick me - and even then, I was adamant I didn't want it, but knew that my body needed it, if that makes sense. lol

FX for you both, Mazzy and Wana! :hugs: :dust: Mazzy did you take a photo of the test?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

Congrats on your :pink: bump Becca!

Sorry to hear you're hospitalized, Poppie. :hugs: That stinks! :( I hope they send you home Monday with a clean bill of health! :thumbup:

Enjoy France, Singers!

RE: epidurals in the US - at the hospital where I went for delivery, I asked how many women delivery naturally and they told me that "it's far more common for women to come in expecting to go naturally and ending up asking for an epidural than it is for a woman to go naturally, planned or unplanned." I was prepared for a natural birth, and though they said they were uncommon there, the nurses were all 100% supportive of my endeavor. In the end, I didn't have a natural birth due to the length of labor, the intensity of my contractions + back labor and exhaustion... for Aria's sake, they needed to drug me so I would have the strength to push her out of me. And they made the right call; I've accepted this now. But all of my friends told me I was "stupid" or "insane" or "ridiculous" for wanting to try naturally. "That's what the drugs are for, silly." :shrug: Besides the US ladies on BNB, almost everyone from the US who I've encountered concerning childbirth is a firm believer in utilizing the drugs. I was totally devastated at first that I ended up with an epidural, but in hindsight I know that my doctor made the right call. I was far too exhausted to function. :lol: Even my nurses confessed that they all asked for an epidural anytime between 1 and 4 centimeters, so they praised me for making it to 8 before allowing them to stick me - and even then, I was adamant I didn't want it, but knew that my body needed it, if that makes sense. lol

yeah that makes sense, i want to try that hypobirthing and try and only use gas and air and tens and waterbirth but it falls that i have to have drugs then that shall be it, you never no what your birth o how your going to go until your there. a few people who i have spoke to as well swan hve said they used to the drugs and wouldnt do it without and keep saying the bet i will be having all the drugs going which makes me more determinded that i am not going to lol just becuase they have said i will!. do you ever watch that mat ward? thats scary as its all high risk pregancys, but on that they show alot of c sections and drugs offered before anybody looks liek they are in really bad pain if that makes sense.

for the ladies who have had there babies or the ladies that have fetal movements which is more than likley all of you now lol (the ones who are expecting) when did you see lo movements from the outside as the last week or so i have had flutters like i can feel her move over prob once or twice a day, but yeterday just level with m y bely button on the left i felt like a muscle spasm and i looked down and i saw my tummy poke out a little lump and it happened three times! i wasnt sure if i had made it up but my other half saw the last one and i felt like a twitch from the inside? i was amazed and indenail! i have a front placenta too, wonder if she got a section where they was no placenta there?!

hope your all having a nice weekend, im off work till wed as i pulled my back and it was hurting quite bad and as my job doesnt do light duties my dr told me to stay off till next week. (if you didnt no i work with adults with learnign disabilites in a home so i have to do everything for them and a lot of them are no co-operative with me and are quite heavy!) its cold today -2 ( i know thats not much to others hehe but it is for the uk!) the last few days at night its gone down to -8 brrr

My only advice to anyone is to go in open-minded, because I had convinced myself I could give birth without drugs and beat myself up over it pretty badly for awhile. Be strong, and know that no matter what, you are awesome. :) I know now it was the smartest thing to do (to get my epi), but it wasn't easy to swallow at first. I have heard great things about hypnobirthing and just read a great hypno experience from one of the ladies in my birth group. (https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-s...irth-story-unmedicated-hypnobirth-jasper.html) Makes me really want to try it for the next one, should we be so blessed. :)

I don't remember when I saw movements from the outside... they got really strong inside and first I noticed when my hands were shaking as she'd kick. That's when I began paying attention to my tummy when she'd have her kick fits. lol.

Well my brown cm stopped and my niggling in my tummy has kind of turned into an ache. If AF was going to come it would have in the hour or 2 after it started. No AF still now however so will be testing in the morning. Will let you all know how it goes. xxx

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Can't actually believe it!! I was convinced i was out for this month....but we got our :bfp: this morning!! :D :D :D

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Sorry the photo isn't the best but it turns out neither my camera or my phone like taking photo's of pregnancy tests lol The line is actually a little bit darker than what it looks in the photo :)

My test at 16dpo.

xxx

Attachments

• 2012-02-12 07.11.59.jpg
    2012-02-12 07.11.59.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 9
WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fab news! I was just reading about your brown spotting that came and went, and I had exactly the same thing 24 hours before I got my BFP. I think the same thing happened to pink too? Amazing news so happy for you :happydance:

ETA: I was convinced I was out too, but AF was late, and pink had said about the spotting before her BFP, so I tested just in case...

Wow! I haven't been on here for a while and so when I logged on this morning I was so pleased to see you have got ur BFP wanna.......great news and so exciting! Yay! Bet you're over the moon!

Congrats Becca on team pink! We have so many girls on here don't we?! Crazy!

Swan, little aria is just gorgeous, what a proud mummy you must be!

Am on my phone as am at my friends place in London and I've been awake for nearly an hour now and she's still sleeping! So, sorry it's not gonna be a long msg.

All is good with me.....feeling little kicks now which is nice, but was weird to start with!

Hello to everyone else! Hope ur all ok xxx

I'm in utter shock atm. Tested and couldn't get back to sleep. I made hubby wake up to make sure i wasn't seeing things lol :haha: I'm going to get down the doctors on Tuesday to get the ball rolling :D

I was convinced i was out because of yeasterday.

xxx

I sat in bed shaking like a jelly for at least an hour when I got my positive test :haha:

Hehe becca. I had such a bad night sleep thinking '' naaa i'm out i bet'' and took the test thinking is there much point lol I am now practically bouncing off the walls

Do you want to know the first thing DH said to me was (cheeky git :) )

'no more junk food for yooou' :haha:

xxx

YAY!!!! Wana!! CONGRATS!!! :yipee: I literally just did a little clap, then remembered I'm still in the hospital (luckily in the privacy of my own room, but still). So happy for you!! Just wonderful. I had a feeling this month would be your month. I was sure you wouldn't need to be temping anymore!

Well I didn't see my Dr today, but the midwife said she had phoned and was happy with my results (I guess from my bloods and urine) and she'd see me tomorrow. So hopefully this means I am going home in the morning!! :happydance:

Just talking about Epidurals and stuff... the midwife at our antenatal class said that about 70% of women who come to my hospital have them and about 40% of those go on to have an emergency c-section. I am totally open to having one (DH not so much) but I will go with the flow at the time. I also expect that because of these issues with BP the last few days I am probably going to be induced early. I'll be bringing this up with my Obs when I see her tomorrow.

Enjoy the rest of your weekends! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->