The Junebugs: TTC June 2011! 18 BFP's :) + 4 angels :( - 14 Junebug babies born!

Thanks every one and i suppose i'll just have to try not to worry lol Tbh i have just woken up from a nap and i'm not even that far in haha :) oh well haha

All i did this month Mazzy was temp at 7am every morning (thats what time i get up) I was mid way when i started. I got a 36.50 something and it dipped the next day to 36.22, which was the day i ovd and went back up the next day (this is the first month i actually have known that i ovd and when). It stayed between 36.60 and 36.70 for about a week or so and then started going up to 36.87 which has been my highest temp. Although the end of this week it did dip and go back up again to 36.87. (But like the others said your temps could be completely different)

We used preseed also which as we can't use normal lube (gives me thrush :( ) made sex great lol. BUT we only actually had sex 3 times. The Wednesday, the Friday which was the day i ov'd and the Saturday just to make sure lol I'm not the most needy in the sex department. I feel sorry for DH tbh lol :haha:

But like the others said it can happen anyway without all that but its up to you if you want to give it a shot. But also you never no AF could still not show. Fingers crossed for you Mazzy

Also what is SMEP ??

xxx

BD every other day from CD 8 then day before ov, day of ov and day after, then a day off and another BD for luck

I did read Mazzy that doing it to many times can decrease the amount of spermies that are actually there. It said to do it every other day but if you do do it like a few days in a row only do it once that day.

I'm sure it will all work its self out Mazzy and it will be your time soon. My friend said to me only last week she thinks your body knows when its ready for certain things...which i think is quite accurate. This past month i've been at my healthiest since before the wedding. I am gutted however that i just lost hlaf a stone and i'm abouts to put it back on again lol but yeah all this waiting will be worth it in the end :) xxx

Beccad, Congrats on team pink! I think most hospitals are not supportive of natural births and they push epidurals like its crack. In the US pregnancy is mostly treated like a disease. I don’t know why it’s either epidural or nothing. There should be some other options, but I’m not sure if they are offered. I plan on asking at my hospital tour. I plan on going natural, but I know things happen and this could change.

Poppie, That must not be so much being in the hospital all this time. Booo! Hopefully you’ll be home Monday.

Mazzy, We didn’t do anything special to get our BFP. I was taking prenatal vitamins, folic acid (extra because I’m in my mid 30’s) and royal jelly. I took these supplements mostly because of my age and not in the hopes of increasing my fertility.

Wanab, :happydance: :happydance: So happy for you!

With us both times we caught we had sex every day legs up the wall for twenty minutes and took our mother to be vitamins and that's all and it worked twice. Quite quick really as we caught in July first but miscarried then had no af for six weeks had af at Sep and caught that month. X

Morning ladies.

Mazzy - sorry about the negative :hugs: but hang in there you aren't necessarily out yet. Have a look on Fertility Friend about the temping and try and get started straight away with it, then at least if you don't get your BFP for this next month, you'll have more of an idea about your cycle for the next (fingers crossed that you do though). We also used preseed, but just as a lube, didn't use the applicators or anything and we pretty much DTD every day at bed time then I'd go to sleep with a pillow under my hips to help it get in there - lol. I also used some Ov sticks so I was able to pretty much pinpoint the day I Ov'd as I had a longer cycle.

Well, not allowed home today :cry: totally cried like a baby when the Dr said as I was all geared up to go. She sent another Dr in to see me about my BP and going on meds. He came and said my BP wasn't "horrible" and the urine proteins were normal so he's started me on 2 Aldomet a day and we'll see what happens, he is pretty sure I'll get to go home tomorrow. Also having an ultrasound this arvo just to be sure baby bug is going ok. Am excited to see him again and know all is good with him. I'm sure it is, his HR has been fine on the CTGs and he has been moving around as normal.

I hope everyone is doing ok.

Have a good week. :flower:

Yay Wana!! :happydance: That's so great!!

Mazzy- Don't worry! Your time is coming! :thumbup: Tempting will certainly help.

Poppie- I'm so sorry you're still in the hospital. You must be so bored! I hope you get to go home soon.

Hey Welsh thanks :) hows your LO and DH doing??

Thanks Nanner

Sorry to hear Poppie :hugs: hopefully it wont be long till your home.

I am deffinatly pregnant lol I just did my other test i had and got 2 lines :D haha I had to double check :haha:

My parents already know now :thumbup: Mum rang last night for a weekly catch up and we'd been chatting for about 45min without getting near the topic (they knew we were NTNP) and then she asks me how i've been after my migraine last week and did my period show up after!:dohh:

I just went silent lol which completly gave it away so i told her she'd stuck her foot in it and we were waiting a few weeks but yes we are pregnant lol :D I don't mind i was dying to tell mum but i just wanted to give us a bit of time. Well needless to say she is over the moon and decides to tell me someone gave her a 2 boxes full of really lovely baby girl clothes so if we have a girl there's stuff there lol Mother's ey :) Dad said she couldn't stop grinning when on the phone and was like a giggly school girl :haha: :happydance:

Hope everyone has a good day xxx

OK ladies i have pretty much given up for this month. So what do you girls do on the month you got BFP?

This month i done SMEP however i roughly guessed when i o'ed by using a phone app (woman log) I also took a capsule of EPO every day (1000mg). I stopped drinking caffiene too (which is a lot for me as i usually have 8-10 cups a day!)

The temping how does that work, idiots guide anyone?

The month we caught was the first month we swapped from the SMEP to something I read about called 'The Way of The Bunny' (gotta love the name!) I used IC OV tests, we were doing it roughly every day or every other day until the lines were reasonably clear (I never got a 'positive' in terms of being as strong as the control line) then for 3 1/2 days we swapped to doing it at most 12 hours apart, but trying to do it 3 times a day. We stopped the evening of the morning I woke up with a temp rise. I read that as many men have issues with longevity of sperm as producing good quality ones quick enough, but equally over 90% of men have no issue either way so it doesn't matter how often you do it so long as they're still alive. While they can live up to 48 hours, 24 hours is more realistic apparently. The thing I actually credit with getting us there was that DH made sure I finished after him rather than before him, I've since read that this can double your chance of success as the orgasm hoovers up all the sperm and draws them up, giving them the helping hand to get more of them on the journey. Conversely if you finish before he does the neck of the womb closes up and makes it harder for sperm to get in.

Morning ladies.

Mazzy - sorry about the negative :hugs: but hang in there you aren't necessarily out yet. Have a look on Fertility Friend about the temping and try and get started straight away with it, then at least if you don't get your BFP for this next month, you'll have more of an idea about your cycle for the next (fingers crossed that you do though). We also used preseed, but just as a lube, didn't use the applicators or anything and we pretty much DTD every day at bed time then I'd go to sleep with a pillow under my hips to help it get in there - lol. I also used some Ov sticks so I was able to pretty much pinpoint the day I Ov'd as I had a longer cycle.

Well, not allowed home today :cry: totally cried like a baby when the Dr said as I was all geared up to go. She sent another Dr in to see me about my BP and going on meds. He came and said my BP wasn't "horrible" and the urine proteins were normal so he's started me on 2 Aldomet a day and we'll see what happens, he is pretty sure I'll get to go home tomorrow. Also having an ultrasound this arvo just to be sure baby bug is going ok. Am excited to see him again and know all is good with him. I'm sure it is, his HR has been fine on the CTGs and he has been moving around as normal.

I hope everyone is doing ok.

Have a good week. :flower:

Gosh hope they let you home tomorrow Poppie, it's good they're being careful but they seem to be being very belt and braces about it. My BP was running at 148/110 for about 2 weeks at Christmas, and it hasn't gone below 140/90 since then, however I think it's probably the protein that was making them nervous. I'm really glad it's gone now, hopefully with a good bit of rest everything will be fine.

Sorry to hear you're still in hosp poppie. Fingers crossed tomo is def the day they let u free!

Mazzy-we didn't do anything the month we conceived, apart from has sex every other day throughout the whole cycle! I obviously had an idea of when I'd be ov, but preferred not to use tests or anything-we just went with the flow and thought that surely our chances are as good as any doing it that way! Your turn will come, but I def know how you'll be feeling about the whole thing-it takes over ur life! I've got everything crossed for you.

Mazzy we were on holiday when we conceived. I'd left the thermometer and ovulation tests at home! I'd deliberately not counted how many days since AF either and we just had sex when the mood took us. We did have preseed but just used it like a normal lube.

For us I put it down to the fact that (wait for it) we were relaxed for the first time in months - I don't know if you recall but DH had a motorbike accident about the same time we started trying, so we were both quite stressed.

Poppie I'm so sorry you're not home :hugs: I guess it's for the best but still not fun xx

Thanks for the continued "get out of hospy" wishes ladies. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Had the ultrasound. He's looking great. Measuring just a little ahead, but that's good because he'd be smaller if he was affected by the BP stuff. He's currently about 1.3kg or 2lb 15oz and he has a 6.53cm foot. We got a really cute foot photo too, which I'll post below. Cheeky Monkey had his face hidden so couldn't get any 3D images, but she did double confirm that he's a boy.

Here's his foot :cloud9:
https://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g321/Poppiebug/2012-02-13155039-1-1.jpg

PS - I can hear a baby on the ward somewhere with a cry that sounds like a cat going "reow, reow, reow"!! LOL! :haha:

Just a quick one as I'm on the bus just about to get off and poppie that made me laugh x

Mazzy, I'm sorry about your BFN. :( When I got pregnant we were DTD daily, usually at least twice a day. (we were on vacation and especially those days at sea with no ports, we needed something to do :) haha) and I was temping. I used the Taking Charge of Your Fertility website and book to help me figure things out and I also used an app on my phone to track temps (pink pad). I did use the smilie opks too but never got a :) before running out of them. So I ovulated late or the cruise threw my body off so much the test didn't register, idk. lol. I was taking prenatals for a month or two before we started TTC but otherwise we just did it like bunnies and hoped for the best.

fab scan Poppie and funny about the baby...is it wierd hearing babies near by knowing it will be yours soon??

Just got home from aqua aerobics...haven't been for a while and i'm feeling it lol Am shattered now but thats good seeing as i had another awful nights sleep last night. DH rang his mum today and told her she is going to be a grandmother haha we explained the situation and said it was earlier than we had intended but felt it only fair as my parents now knew. My friend at work jumped straight on at me this morning although i denyed it but i think she knows really and it wont be long till i'll have to admit it. Being such a small place with the max of 6 staff on one day thats including myself, its going to be hard to hide anyway.

I'm off to bed night all xxx

Hi ladies, I AM HOME! :yipee:

I was allowed to leave this morning providing I took the rest of the week off work, checked my BP a couple of times per day and emailed the BP Dr and also see my OBs again on Thursday, and weekly from now.

After a quick detour to the baby shop to pay off some money on our furniture i came home and crahsed in MY lovely be for 2 hours. Very nice.

Wana - it was sort of nice hearing the babies cry because it will be us there in the near future. Also nice that I didnt have to get up to it, i could just keep sleeping but will totally be worth it when baby bug does come along. Was funny to hear the different cries (like "cat baby" and another was "siren baby") i hope my baby has a good, decent cry on him!

Ah I'm so pleased you're home Poppie. It is lovely to be in your own bed!

Brill news poppie!

I hope everyone is enjoying their valentines day evening!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back