The Junebugs: TTC June 2011! 18 BFP's :) + 4 angels :( - 14 Junebug babies born!

Glad your out of the hospital Poppie! :)

Happy Valentine's Day!!

xxx

Thanks ladies.

Loved having a nice sleep-in in my own bed this morning. Am taking it easy but also cleaning up a bit at the same time, preparing for my visitors that arrive tomorrow and getting ready for the Baby Shower on Saturday.

Last night I cleaned up Baby Bug's room as we'd just been dumping things in there. I managed to basically sort everything and put it away in his cupboards. All we need now is to actually get his furniture in there so I can unpack things into their proper places. I don't want to open any packages or wash any clothes until I go on mat leave. It'll be so exciting to open all the stuff once his furniture is all in there and ready.

I am going for a trip to the shops shortly, looking forward to just having a little browse and picking up a few supplies (like a new muffin tin for the cupcakes for the baby shower). I love a little bit of retain therapy.

I hope everyone else is well.

:flower:

Well jsut remember not to over do it, but at least your doing dtuff your enjoying! Especially sorting baby's room :)

I've got the doctors at 11.20am today to get the ball rolling :D I know it won't be anything really but i'm quite looking forward to going lol

Have a good day everyone xxx

Happy shopping poppie!

Wana, I remember feeling quite excited to go to the docs too! Every appointment is a milestone! So exciting!! X

Yey for docs . It's so exciting x
I have midwife tomorrow hoping bp is ok and no protein either . I've just spent an hour trying to work out bills lol and what I need to get baby wise/stuff for me & new bedroom stuff . To be honest there isnt much. I really wish I would relax about money , oh gives me enough for bills but something always messes up so have done the amounts for each month and what I news to get so I can tick off x c

Poppie, I’m glad your home and get to rest the rest of the week.

Wanab, Good luck at your appointment. I was very excited about my appointment. I had to wait till 9 weeks for it.

AFM, Valentine’s Day was lovely. Hubby had a bouquet of lilies waiting (my favorite flower) and a lovely card. Had a doctor’s appointment today. I’ve gained 4 lbs. Blood pressure is good and baby’s heartbeat was about 145bpm. So far the pregnancy has been so uneventful.

Yay for shops Poppie!

Wana - Whoo for Drs! What they say or do?

Didnt get flowers :nope: I did get a snuggle monkey of hubby though...i called him Peanut!

Oh 2 days late for AF, am going to wait until Sat and do another test.

Yey so glad they let you home Poppy.

Fingers crossed for Saturday Mazzy.

Went to my midwife appointment for the weekly blood pressure check yesterday and the midwife seemed a bit alarmed, asked me to go do a urine sample as for the first time ever I'd forgotten it, and then she took it again. Then she told me it was running at 140/108 so she was calling the hospital day clinic. She didn't want me driving (no idea why) so my mum came and got me as she's off work this week and DH was on his bike so couldn't get home quickly, and we went and spent 3 1/2 hours being monitored at the hospital. Readings were then 135/90. 138/98, 136/90, 120/80.... so a LOT of variation in not much time. They sent me home, all my blood tests came back okay, but I have to go back on Monday to see the consultant again as they're a bit concerned.

I think this is sod's law timing - DH and I just booked 5 days in Portugal in mid March for a bit of luxury before the baby comes - I'll be gutted if we can't go!

Morning!

I might not be in much over the next few days as we have our visitors coming for the Baby Shower. I'll get lots of cuddles and play time with my friend's 4 month old :)

Cleaned up the house last night, probably did too much, my legs and back are soooo sore. If I'd left it up to DH it would still be waiting to be done. He takes FOREVER to do anything because he has to do it all perfectly or will find something else that needs doing rather than just cleaning and shoving stuff away - it won't matter for a few days!

Mazzy - fingers crossed for your next test! :dust: I didn't get flowers or anything for V'day. We don't really celebrate it, but every year I think... hmmm... will I be surprised? Every year, the same thing... nothing! LOL!

Wana - how was the Drs?

Pink - how was your visit to the midwife?

CeeDee - glad everything is fine for you and your bubs.

Am off to my Obs this morning. BP has been good so hopefully she'll be happy with that.

So if I don't get on here over the next few days... talk after the weekend!

:flow:

ETA: Just saw your post Dinah - sorry you've got BP issues again too. I'm with ya hon! :hugs:

:hugs: to Dinah and Poppie, hope you're both doing well with your BP issues!!

FX Mazzy!!!!!! :dust: :dust:

Wana, how are you feeling???

Hope everyone is well!!

I had my 6 week PP appt yesterday. All is well! :thumbup: so I'm good until my annual in May. I had a meeting with my boss too, and we sorted my job. I am leaving my position there BUT so I can stay "employed" by someone and for extra money, they are keeping me as a part time temp for quarter end. Basically I would work one Saturday a quarter and have the option of working some other days around holidays and quarter end to help them. It's great because the Saturdays Chris can watch the baby and he may take off a day or two for the weekday ones, then my parents and his are switching off for the other days so I can work. It wont be a lot of money but any little bit helps plus I will be employed so when I look for work down the road, they may be able to give me more hours and I'd get a leap ahead since I'm already an employee. If I decide to quit at any time they support that too, but I love this arrangement. It's a minimum of 4 days a year and upward to at least 3 weeks a year if I choose... so why not?

So that's how it's rolling here. My first day is April 2 so I'm excited to get things rolling - even though it won't be easy leaving Aria for the day. It will be good for all of us I believe. :)

Sorry didn't reply yeasterday. It went well, my doctor is lovely and she was jsut as excited as my mum lol she just went over the basics and wrote me in the midwifes book for her to ring me next Tuesday when she'll book me in for my first appointment with her. She gave me prescription for folic acid and said she'll only see me know if there is something wrong (so never hopefully) She also gave me an Emma's Diary magazine with loads of information on there and a few free offers.

So last night i spent ages signing up to tones of baby and parenting clubs to get free stuff and magazines and coupons etc sent to me :D very happy bunny. Although UK ladies will know about Argos. I've got vouchers for up to £100 off certain things from Argos, so like 310 off when you spend £50 on a highchair etc However i've just noticed they are only valid until the end of this month!!! Well i'm not going to be buying anything yet its way to early so that sucks they'll just go to waist now because no one i know is pregnant.

Mazzy fingers crossed for you!! :dust:

Dinah sorry to hear you have BP issues too...hopefully you'll still get your holiday!!

Swan glad your appointment went well! :) and i'm good thanks for asking. I'm tired, not sleeping properly atm cause i'm either too hot or not comfy (way to early for my liking) my boobs are becoming more tender but a nice size lol :D I'm bloated and am already not fitting in my work trousers :( it doesn't help that they are tight fitting and high waisted..I have 3 buttons and am already going round with only 1 done up half the time because its uncomfortable. Ahh well its all for a good cause :)

Oh i've also gone of tea...i've gone from being an addict to not really fancying it and only having 1 when i get home from work :) Makes it easy on me really..i don't have to try to cut down.

I know what i was going to ask, now that i prego i realised we never really chat about a few things and i'm nosey and would really like to know lol sooo...

1. What cravings have you all had??
2. How much weight did you/have you gained??
3. Did you/have you gotten strech marks?? did anything help??

Will you get to keep your insurance Swan with that arrangement? Great news that you'll still have some form of employment! Plus being able to do days here and there when you want to is a great situation.

Swanx, Great news on your PP appointment. That’s a pretty good arrangement at your job. You get to stay in the workforce, but still spend the majority of time with Aria.

Wanab, You’ll go through a lot of food aversions while preganant, especially your favorite items.
1. I craved chocolate milk and frozen pizza.
2. I’ve gained 25lbs thus far.
3. I don’t have any stretch marks. I think they are hereditary, so I think that helps if your mom didn’t get them.

No, I have to get my insurance for Aria and myself through IBX, but I can't complain about that. It will cost the same as my insurance through work if I reduced to part-time and stayed in the same position in which I already was. So, it's worth it to be home with her for awhile! :thumbup:

I gained 50 pounds with Aria... and I still had 5 weeks to go. :rofl: Sooooo... yeah. Funny enough, though, I only have 15 pounds to lose now, and I haven't been working out through the post-partum, so that's a relief. I had odd, random cravings. Mostly junk food, which was anything but healthy. I didn't get stretch marks until she dropped, which was only a few weeks before I had her. They got worse post-partum, actually. But I didn't get a ton, just on either side of my belly button in a crescent pattern basically. They're slowly beginning to lighten now.

And like CeeDee said, stretch marks seem to be hereditary, and no matter how much you lube up, that doesn't mean you won't get them. I routinely lubed my skin and still got a few. :rofl: I know women who didn't use any lotions and ended up stretch mark free, and others who were like me and used tons of lotions and ended up with marks. I also know some people who got them with one child and not the other. :shrug: So I don't know if there's much rhyme or reason to it, sadly.

1. What cravings have you all had?? I haven't really. I've wanted to eat more fruit, but I think that's a subconcioius wanting to be healthier for the baby
2. How much weight did you/have you gained?? 15lbs at 22 weeks, I gained about 12 lbs in by 12 weeks, since then everything says I'll gain a lb a week but I haven't
3. Did you/have you gotten strech marks?? did anything help?? Not yet, but from what I've read you will or won't and no creams or oils make any difference. Moisturising can stop the skin feeling tingly when the bump is growing through a growth spurt though so it's still worth lotioning up

My bump has really arrived this week, I can't get over the slight buldge at 20 weeks, then this proper belly by 23 weeks! I may post a photo progression if I could work out how to stitch them together.

Wana I missed your post yesterday. I've been craving fruit and fruity sweets, mainly skittles. And milk! Lots and lots of milk! Mostly on cereal (has to be Special K Red Berries). So far so healthy. As of a week ago I've only put on 6 pounds. I'm not sure how or why it's so little. I've not been massively careful but I'm not eating loads either. I totalled up yesterday's calories just out of interest, and it was about 2000, which is only a bit more than I ate pre-pregnancy.

I don't have any stretch marks yet but I've only just started sporting a small bump, so plenty of time for them to come, although hopefully not.

I've gone right off vegetables though. Yuck yuck! Really odd! I also went off tea in first tri. Highly upsetting!

can't understand why the baby and parenting groups i joined are saying i'm 6 weeks along? I put in the same EDD as my ticker and my ticker is right :wacko: xx

edit:

told you i'd be annoying you all with 'bump' (bloat) photos lol. I plan on doing them every 4 weeks :D so here is my first at 4+4 :) (can't you tell i cleaned my mirror between pics :haha: ) xx

Attachments

• 4+4 (1).jpg
    4+4 (1).jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 4+4 (2).jpg
    4+4 (2).jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 5
I hate it if i do a mirror pic and there is speckles everywhere lol.
1- no cravings tbh.
2- only put on about 7to 9 lbs I think. Have been careful tbh as i get extra calories when i have my lucozade for hypos so don't go mad with food.
3- i have stretch marks form 1st pregnancy but don't seem bad at mo. I use cocoa butter but could be because it smells nice lol.
My hospital app went well, bp was 133/89 and had 1+ protein but he said that was normal for me. I have another scan in 4 weeks but baby is growing well and not bigger than average so must be doing well yey xx

glad to hear all went well Pink and i use cocoa butter too :D it does smell nice :haha: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->