The Junebugs: TTC June 2011! 18 BFP's :) + 4 angels :( - 14 Junebug babies born!

Morning... hump day... yay - I guess.

My BP was up a bit this morning, which sucks but I didn't get a really good night sleep either. My visitors leave tonight which will be good so I can get back to normal routine. I have asked to work from home tomorrow, which they have allowed so I should be able to do my work with my feet up at home tomorrow.

Feeling a bit shit today and just want to cry as I've had to revise my leave date to 2 weeks earlier. My Obs wanted me to start leave at 34 weeks originally, now with the BP issue she is insisting that I finish then. I'm happy to finish then as I know it's best for baby and me, but it's really hard to communicate all this to my DH as he just sees it as no money coming in. He wants me to "see how I go" and I do know he understands that I need to watch out for baby's (and my) health but I feel terrible because he is worried about the money side of things. We've had a big 6 months with moving into our new home and paying for things to get finished off along with all the other bills. We're currently applying for a top up loan to build a retaining wall and fence for our house and hopefully this money will also pay of some of the expense from things we've already done. I know we'll survive one way or another but I just want to yell at him and tell him to just think about how me continuing to work could impact on the life of his child and his wife! Sigh.... sorry... rant over :(

Dinah- I can't believe he told off for monitoring at home! At least you can check yourself without having to go to the Dr all the time. I have a history of high BP (was on meds about 18 months ago but since came off due to weight loss and it being fine). It's been great up until I was admitted at 28+3. I am on Methyldopa as well, but am on 250mcg 3 per day. They did say as the pregnancy continues it will probably be increased (you can take up to like 8 per day or something?). Yes, I believe they monitor you, or at least they should, more closely during pregnancy as it can change quickly and become pre-e without too much warning. My Obs told me to watch out for headaches, pain in my upper abdomen (liver), swelling and "seeing stars" or black spots.

Mazzy - sorry hun. :hugs:

Wana- good news about seeing the midwife. Appointments seem to be fairly far apart early on, but I would imagine you'd have your scan around 12 weeks as normal. Be sure to write down any questions you have, even if you think they are just dumb questions, and ask when you see her. Better to know all the details you want to know than be left in the dark.

hi all x
Just wanted to ask poppie and dinah. When you have high bp doe ever feel like a pressure feeling in your head and maybe eyes? Ive been getting this yesterday and hoping its my bp and not my eyes playing up again. hope you don't mind me asking xx
Im only on 125mg 2x day of methadopla so not a lot really but think I might ring midwife to ask if I should speak to hospital x
Im ok bit tired today no real reason so having a relax today I think. xx

Wana, that's right about the appointments. Booking around 8 weeks, scan 12-13 weeks and then midwife again at 16 weeks, scan at 20 weeks. I see the midwife at 24 weeks again and then after that it's a bit more regular, every 3-4 weeks I think.

I can't say I've ever had a feeling of pressure, more like splitting pain across the front of my head. It may be worth going to the midwife to get it checked though.

You can take up to 3g a day Poppie, but they don't like to go above 2g, then they apparently tend to add a second tablet into the mix rather than keep upping the dose. I'll just have to see as I'm at 2g now.

I'm so sorry about the June Bugs that are having health problems! It must be so worrisome! I hope everything gets under control and will allow you to relax.

Poppie- Don't leg your DH worry you about money! You have enough on your plate. It will all work out in the end.:flower:

Mazzy- I'm sorry. :hugs:

I have a doctor's appointment today. I've been writing down questions to remember to ask, but I mostly want to know if I should be concerned about my "episode" while driving last weekend.

We have one more birthing class and we'll be done. She's a nice lady, but is very much a fan of all natural births. We don't see eye to eye on much and she definitely doesn't agree with most of what my doc says. Though, we have learned enough for us to develop a birthing plan that works for us.

Baby shower this weekend! :thumbup:

I'm cancelling the last of my fitness classes after next week. I think I've had enough! I'm scheduled through the end of March, but we'll see how long I make it! My employer is currently interviewing for my replacement for my maternity leave. I'll be interested to see who they pick.

Someone pointed out in front of a crowd yesterday that my workout close are too tight. Talk about wanting to back-hand someone! Of course I know they're too tight! I'm also five weeks from my due date and am NOT buying anymore clothes! grrr.... :growlmad: The best part is; that lady weighs around 400 lbs!

My hubby got the final touches on the baby's room done this weekend. It's so cute!

Getting so excited to be done! I'm ready for the next part. :cloud9:

Morning ladies.

Working from home today so hopefully will be more relaxed.

Had a chat with DH last night (after our visitors finally left!) about the money stuff. I think that he realises now that it's not possible to "just see how I go" when I get to 34 weeks. Not possible for my work, as I book in things myself and I don't want to have to cancel, and also the fact that I will need rest by then as my Obs we wanting me to finish then anyway, and now with the BP stuff she is strongly urging me to finish up. Also I think that having that added stress of thinking about working longer will make things worse. At least now I know it's only a few weeks and I can begin to wind down somewhat. I know he'll still be worried about money and things, but I also don't think he understands how agreeable and willing I am to tighten our belts with spending and going without things.

Pink - I haven't really had any symptoms that I've noticed when my BP has been up. Hence why being in the hospital for 5 days seemed like a waste of time! I did have a headache I couldn't get rid of the few days before she admitted me. She just told me to watch out for those things I mentioned before - headache, swelling, pain around the top of my abdomen (liver) and reduced baby movements. I'd still go get checked if you are feeling a bit off.

Nanner - how rude by that person in your class!! I woulda told her to have a good look at herself!! (I know you can't but still would have shut her up!).

Righteo, am off to make the most of this working from home today and am going to put some washing on.

:flower:

Poppie - Sorry that you had a crappy day the other day but glad you got to talk it through with DH :) I honestly atm can't think of what i would want to ask the midwife...but my brain is letting me down a bit recently lol

Nanner - WOW!! i can't believe you've only got 5 weeks left!! where did the time go?? :D

Well i'm going to say MS isn't that far around the corner :( as the past 2/3 days i've been feeling sicky right in the pit of my stomach on and off...i've also had to eat more often throughout the day to help. I was hoping it wouldn't start this early but oh well :)

xxx

Morning and happy Friday!! :)

I just worked out I only have 21 days til I'm on Maternity leave and only 14 of those are actual work days! This time in 3 weeks it will be my last day in the office!

Going to pick up our Bassinet and chest of draws for babies room tonight. We have paid enough on the layby to be able to get those two things out so at least I'll be able to start sorting things into the draws and he'll have somewhere to sleep if he comes early.

Wana - I hope you don't get hit too hard with the morning sickness.

Dinah - how's your BP?

Looking forward to a relaxing weekend.

Well, I have brought myself a BBT thermometer. As this is going to be our last chance to have a baby this year. And im popping my EPO tablets...to the recommended dosage of course!

Just thought I'd post a bump photo up girls. I've grown loads in the last week! 22+4

https://i42.tinypic.com/hs3yti.jpg

Wow you look great! :thumbup:

Just had a bra fitting today...i was 38JJ im not 36KK! I don't know whether to laugh or cry although it goes to prove losing weight doesn't mean losing boobies HAVE THAT NHS DOCTORS!!!!!!! :growlmad:

Also brought Taking Charge of your Fertility, i found £90 worth of waterstones vouchers yesterday so had a bit of a book splash! :happydance:

Yeah I've never lost my boobs when I've lost weight! I mean they do get smaller, but only proportionally so :dohh:

Good morning ladies! (er, well, morning over here anyway haha) I'm having my bowl of cereal and tea while watching Aria play on her play mat, so I wanted to say hi!

Hope all you ladies wrestling with your BP are doing well and that everyone's BP is staying where it should. :)

Becca, great bump!

Mazzy, I loved that book - I found that TCOYF was so helpful for me to better understand my body. I hope you enjoy it!

I'm glad you and OH sorted things out Poppie. It's hard sometimes, because they just do not get it. :lol: But I'm glad you were able to talk it out!

Have a fun baby shower Nanner!! You're getting so close to your due date!! :D

Hope the rest of you are all doing well! :hugs: I lurk often, especially during the wee hours of the night when little one is nursing. :) haha.

Aria is doing well, growing like a weed and always keeping me on my toes. She's a very curious little girl, so when she's awake we spend most of our time exploring the house, or watching the puppy. We are also working on a bedtime routine now, to help her differentiate between day and night. Slow but steady progress! lol.

TCOYF is a fabulous book. I first read it years ago, just out of interest, and was shocked about how little I knew about my inner workings!

Nice find Mazzy :) and hope that book helps :thumbup:

Love the bump becca!! :D

Glad to hear Aria is doing well Swan.

AFM I feel SO sick its driving me mad, i'd rather be throwing up than just feeling sick and nothing sitting right. It was most of the day yeasterday but i'd had a really good day today and even went out for lunch of DH dad's birthday! Got home and well it hit me like a brick wall. I've always said i can deal with pain what i can't deal with is feeling sick :(

Hope everyone has had a good weekend and just for those who are in the UK and follow the rugby.... WAAAALES!!! lol xxx

:hugs: wana the sickness is awful. Hopefully it won't trouble you for too long xx

I think I'd rather feel sick as I hated being ruck but really hope is passes wanna x x
Well I've just went to have a nice bath but after 10 mins i had to get out as I was to hot. Baby is kicking me as I'm trying to eat some icecream.
Tomorrow I plan on ringing midwife as my headache and pressure feeling came back yesterday. Hopefully will be a quick bp check then sent home. Just worried about changes in my eyes . Will the diabetics decide first as its at hospital around the corner and don't fancy the doctors walk as its all up hill.
Hope everyone had a good weekend x x

Hello Ladies,
Just a message to say hello, hope everyone is alright, like Swan said, BP's are where they are supposed to be. I was also wondering whether anyone has had, or is having belly button pain, sometimes, its so sore, like a bruise!

Also pain in the left hip like someone is pressing on a bruise...

Aprt from pains, im alright, just waiting for my due date, and trying not to freak out everytime she trys to escape through my stomach! I cant tell what she is pressing with but my stomach does do dances!

Counting down the days till the end of work, and I have a MW appointment on the 8th which Im looking forward to, I like to know everything is going ok...
Especially as Im sure they are going to want to discuss the home birth thing again, so lets hope everything is still ok for that, though today im sure she has moved again, as she has spend the last 4 ish weeks lying head first to the left, Im sure she is now to the right, though not sure where the head is.. Im slightly concerned as a lady on OBEM had a scheduled c section because her Baby was facing up at 37 weeks.. Im sure by the time I get to 37 weeks I will be happy to get her in my arms but still I really dont want a c section!
Ah well, as I have already said hhope everyone else is doing ok..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->