The Junebugs: TTC June 2011! 18 BFP's :) + 4 angels :( - 14 Junebug babies born!

Dinah - sorry to hear about your bp climbing again, and possibly a uti? boo... :(

Singers - good luck with your husbands interviews. :thumbup: working close by would be cool. We've been trying to decide a bit more on names too but I just can't commit to any of them right now. I think we do have a boys first name that we both really like.

Thanks Swan, very excited to be "full term" now I should probably pack my hospital bag.. hmm.... (I procrastinate too much).

Becca -hooray for sleepy/hungry days. They're fun and decadent but at the same time sometimes I feel guilty.. |I just had a 3 hour nap this evening and could probably go to bed any time now. lol

Poppie - it's fun washing and folding/hanging the clothes I just finished up some more this weekend. Now I can't wait to put them on the little one!

I probably won't try raspberry leaf tea, I like raspberries but not raspberry flavoured tea. blech.

Okay... now to get my bum off the couch and start packing hospital bags.

Hi girls! Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to fill everyone in!
My water broke in the middle of the night on Friday and we got to the hospital about about 11:00 that morning. Contractions started right away but were very mild at first. AT FIRST
I made it until about 5:30 until caved or the epidural. What an amazing invention. I always thought I was tough but I couldn't take it any more! Plus, dilation nearly came to a stand still, which was really demotivating.
LO's heart rate was very inconsistent and often low, which concerned the doc. They had me on oxygen most of the day and was very observant of the monitor. They ended up doing an internal fetal monitor to get better readings.
They also found that she was "sunnyside up" so they started talking C-section. In the end, they used the vaccuum and it turns out I'm a gifted pusher! She came out perfect and with all fingers and toes!
We named her Paige Elaine and she's beautiful! I've tried to attached some pictures but keep getting error messages. For those of you on FB, I've got lots there! I'll try again later.
It's been really chaotic since little miss Paige came home. I only got about 2 hours of sleep last night and barely 4 the night before. Hopefully we'll do a little better tonight!
Thank you for all your thoughts while I was away!

Yay! Congrats again Nanner. You know I've been stalking on your FB, and she is just gorgeous. Loving the photos of you as her gorgeous Mummy and your DH as Daddy to your little family. Keep the photos coming! :hugs:

Paige Elaine, what a beautiful name! Congratulations Nanner!!

Hope you get a great sleep tonight.

Would love to stalk your fb if you dont mind, PM your name so I can look for you!

Congrats Nanner! I love her name, so beautiful! :hugs: Hope you're feeling well!

Ahh lovely to hear from you Nanner! Glad everything went ok for you - I guess you've probably got a good pelvic floor from all that exercise you do, which probably helped the pushing along!

Hope you get some more sleep soon and would love to see some photos when you get a chance.

Congrats Nanner! :happydance:

Well ladies looks like im out for another month and thinking of giving up!

Hi all

I've been reading and just haven't gotten round to posting.

Nanner CONGRATULATIONS i'll update the main page now. Beautiful name an dwould love to see pics. As singers said if you could PM me i'll take alook on FB if you don't mind.

Well after reaching and all time low with sickness monday morning i called the doctors for an app. She wouldn't give me tablets until i had tried everything so told me to get anti sickness bands and try as well as ginger tea. Well i bought my prenatal vitamins, anti sickness bands and lucozade to see if it could give me an energy boost....after having all 3 (not sure which is working best) I had a much better afternoon and ate more yeasterday than i have in a while. As for today .....its been FAB!! I haven't felt any sickness today. I'm still avoiding things but the smell of food i can handle a bit better already. Whatever has changed it i'm happy!!! :D :D Lets just hope it stays this way :)

Sorry to hear Mazzy. Maybe you need a break for your own sanity??

Hope everyone is well xxx

Hi Ladies! :hi:

Just popping in to say hi, I know I haven't been on FOREVER. Congratulations to everyone who's had babies or pregnant!

I'm still trying. Still haven't ovulated as far as I know since I stopped BCP in February 2011. So that's pretty much it. I think I may get back in to B&B, maybe in a LTTTC group.

Anyway, didn't want to sound too depressing! I hope everyone is doing well! :flower:

Hi ladies,
I hope you are all ok.

Mazzy - sorry to hear you are out. Maybe a break is what you need? :hugs:

Hi Jess - good to see you. Sorry to hear you are still having issues also. I'm sure there'll be lots of support in the LTTTC threads.

Another day pottering about the house for me and writing thank you cards finally from my baby shower. My BP has been up a little today, hopefully it doesn't stay up and is just one of those things for today.

Sorry to hear you're out Mazzy, not over until the fat lady is singing though.

Didn't end up going to hospital last night, as despite bp being 198/125 when I called the hospital they told me they were really busy and this is why they don't like people using home monitors. I was kind of speachless tbh and just managed to say in a stunned voice that my consultant had asked me to do it. Regardless, a reading of 198/125 surely it's better to be safe than sorry?! She said she couldn't tell me not to come in, but at least wait a while, so I did, it came down a little to /114 after a bath, so I called back and at that point the midwife said she'd had a word with a consultant who as it turns out has met me previously, and he'd told her my home readings are actually usually very accurate, and yes they did ask me to monitor at home - so at least I felt less like a crazy hypochondriac, although it did still put me off doing the safest thing and going down. Have the GP at 10am, if she doesn't put me on new tablets or increase my dose I'll be going straight to the day assessment unit as it's just not safely controlled.

Oh Dinah, that doesn't sound good. I hope you can get it back under control again. Mine was up to 140/100 this arvo, but a walk around the supermarket tonight with hubby has helped and it's down a bit. I don't know what I'd do if it was up as high as yours. :hugs:

Well I have a cold, and feeling pretty run down so I have taken today of work,
When I got up this morning (Oh has another interview) and starting answering a text I had some quite painful what Im guessing are BH but only painful on one side... wondering whether anyone else has has these...
Since then, sitting down has made it feel alright, and then the baby starting moving around like a she was doing night fever but across to the other side (which wasnt hurting) Im just hoping everything is ok in there.. Wish we could have a little CCTV camera! (though that would probably freak me out more) it was quite intresting just watching her shifting her way across the other side of my tummy, am going to have a bath later see if that helps!

Dianah I was would probabaly been alot more angry with the response you got from the hospital.. you sounded very calm! I suppose it wouldnt have helped the BP.. what did the doc say today?
Poppie - glad you got yours down as well.
Jess - Nice to see you!!
Wanna - glas your eating!!!

Hope everyone else is ok..

Doc today was not bothered either, said because it isn't sustained at /120 (it's variable between /95 at an outside measurement, and /113ish as an average) it's not a worry, I'll be fine until Monday when I see my consultant again. :confused: I still think I'll go to day assessment this afternoon if it rises again as I'm not comfortable with it.

Singers - I woke up with a horrible pain in my side / hip the other night. It was so painful I felt like I wanted to be sick. It calmed down after I walked around a little and hubby massaged it. Since then it's not ever been as bad, but I now have this constant pain in my right hip which is better if I put a heat pack on or find a really comfy position to sleep in.

Dinah - I'd be going to be assessed too, you know yourself better than anyone. Hang in there hun.

I had a pretty big BH just before, I hadn't really been noticing them much but this was unmistakable. It wasn't too painful as such, just felt really tight across my tummy, even put hubby's hand there to feel how tight it was. He reckons he didnt feel it but it was defo there.

Anyway, off to have a nice shower and bed. Catch you ladies when it's my morning! :sleep:

Wanab, I’m glad you’re feeling better. It’s so nice when you find something or somethings that works.

Mazzy, Sorry to hear about AF. Don’t give up just take a nice break.

Jess137, Hello! Good to hear from you! Good luck on your journey.

Poppie, I need to write thank you notes as well.

Dinah, Sorry to hear your still having blood pressure issues.

:hugs: sorry mazzy, I'm still going to keep my fingers crossed for you.

Wannab - hope these new strategies keep your sickness at bay.

Dinah - Glad the consultant at the hospital set them straight on your home monitorings. Sorry to hear that your BP is still continuing to be an issue, but glad that you didn't have to go to the hospital.

Poppie - hope your assesment goes well.

Singers - I woke up with a cold yesterday! stayed home from work.. unfortunately I figured I should go back to work today (only 7.5 days of work to go). My throat and head hurt but with some lemon tea and tylenol I think I can make it. Hope you feel better soon.

One of my coworkers figures today's the day - she thinks before the end of the night I'll be in labour (ha! I don't think it's about to happen, no real signs of labour just some BH's).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->