The Junebugs: TTC June 2011! 18 BFP's :) + 4 angels :( - 14 Junebug babies born!

A big congrats to you Lu-is, what lovely news :) enjoy every minute. I look forward to seeing pics and hearing ur birth story when u get chance! Xx

Not really related to anything but i was just watching a multiples show and this one fam were having quads but baby D was quite behind. They had faith she would make it and named her Ella Faith. Well she got to 30 weeks and she went in to be checked for growth etc and already had names for all the others also. The quads were made up of twin girls and twin boys. It turned out at her check up that baby D no longer had a heart beat and that she now infact pre-e and had to be delivered that night. When the babies were born they were named Landon, Logan, Layla and Ella Faith.

My point is really i find it a bit odd that they had every hope all 4 of them would be born and had no idea before choosing names and that they had bought matching twin girl and twin boy outfits, yet they named baby D differently to the other 3. I don't know why i just find this a bit strange as if they singled her out by doing this. I don't know what i'm getting at really i just find it a bit odd.

Sorry bit of a ramble really lol xxx

Hi all,
Hope everyone is well and having a lovely Easter weekend!

Wana - I understand what you mean about the show you were watching. Does seem a little weird.

I woke up at 4am this morning and just couldn't get back to sleep. Do you think my body is preparing me for what's to come very soon?! A scary, yet exciting thought, this time next week (all things going well) I should be a mummy!! This has come into my head several times over the day and brought tears to my eyes.

We went looking for a chair for the nursery today, ended up buying a la-z-boy rocker recliner, which was a little more than we thought we were going to spend but it was just sooo much more comfy than the glider chairs we'd seen in the baby shops. It will also be used long after I'm finished using it as a nursing chair.

Speaking of the nursery, here's some photos of ours, pretty much finished - just waiting for that chair to come. Under the window is currently the bassinet which will be moved to our room or him to sleep in there with us and the chair will go in that place. I've also added close up pics of the wool blanket that my Mum hand embroidered with the Very Hungry Caterpillar and a pic of my gorgeous mobile, I just love it!

Looking from the door
https://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g321/Poppiebug/IMG_1761.jpg

From near the window
https://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g321/Poppiebug/IMG_1773.jpg

Change Table / Chest of Drawers
https://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g321/Poppiebug/IMG_1777.jpg

Wool Cot Blanket, embroidered by my Mum
https://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g321/Poppiebug/IMG_1772.jpg

VHC Mobile
https://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g321/Poppiebug/IMG_1793.jpg

:bunny: HAPPY EASTER :bunny:

Fab nursery pics Poppie!! Love the VHC theme :) Not long now ooooooo exciting stuff :D xxx

Congrats Lu-is! :happydance:

Sorry about your Grandad nanner! My dad had a accident with a chainsaw a few years back....make that a darwin award accident! He switched it off and it kept going what did my brightspark of a dad to? Grabbed hold of the blade!!! :dohh:

Been revising for an exam on Tuesday, lil bit nervous as hadnt done exams for 10 years!

Hope everyone is happy and healthy

I thought I had posted yesterday! It seems I didnt!!

Nanner hope your Grandad is doing well.
Poppie Lovely nursery - Its soo exciting that your nearly there! How lovely to know the date your baby will be born!!

Im currently just awaiting the stork arrival! We are all ready (even bought some stylish maternity pads yesterday!) Its funny to think that as long as she doesnt arrive beofre next wednesday I willdefinately be having the home birth I wante! The midwife suggested I get some pethadine from the doctors incase I wanted that as pain relief (as she is currently Back to back) So I am currently always leaving forward to try to get her to turn. Apparently the heaviest part of her body (her back) will eventually rotate her round, Im concerned that if she doesnt turn, she wont engage, and then I will have to go to hospital so therefore spending the evenings on all fours, or over a ball, or leaning on a chair, though quite uncomfortable sometimes, hopefully will we working! Its probably not helping that I keep waking up on my back!
Anyone else have this problem?
Mazzy what is your exam in?? Im sure it will be ok!
How is everyone?

Morning everyone! 37 weeks for me and my LAST week!! Eeeeeek!! :shock:

I think I have been nesting a little, getting all the washing done and making up the bed in the guest room for when the grandparents arrive after baby is born. Am feeling ok, just getting a bit more pressure down there, a few little niggles but nothing to get really excited about so who knows if he will decide to come before Saturday or not? Mentally most of the time I'm ok, excited and just want him here, but sometimes I do have a little sook and get all panicky and scared about what's going to happen to get him out.

Singers - good idea about the ball and doing lots of on all fours stuff. We were told at our antenatal classes that this can really help and get them in the right position. I am pretty sure that my bubs is all ready to go, but I am still doing the stuff on the ball - perhaps not as much as I should though!

I hope everyone had a great Easter and have a lovely week :)

Congrats poppie! I'm just awaiting hoping she makes her appearance sooner in the 4 weeks that she could appear! Hope everyone has a good day!

wow Poppie last few days without a baby , it'll fly i'm sure :)

Singers what are you going to do with your ball after you've had the baby?? and i hope you get the home birth you want :) Personally it scares me too much the idea of a homebirth lol

AFM well i've been feeling alot better and hadn't been sick in a few days (wed-sat) however yeasterday and today its somehow changed again and i'm not feeling sick but am spontaneously throwing up :( which is a bit odd. I'm fine and then will just start heaving. I've now already been sick twice this morning. Its sucks as i was off from work and fine and i go back tomorrow and this has started :/ oh well lets hope its changed because its on the way out.

xxx

Yeah! It’s my due date, but no baby. We are still waiting patiently for the diva to arrive. I'm at work today and everyone is so shocked that she didn't come this weekend.

Poppie, Lovely nursery. I love the theme!

Singers, I hope everything works out for you, for the homebirth.

Wanab, I’m glad you’re feeling better, but the spontaneous vomiting must be nerve racking.

Happy Due Date CeeDee!! Hopefully she wont keep you waiting too long! I can't believe your still in work xx

Wanna - I will probably deflate it and leave it under the bed for ever more!! Though in my head I will start using it for exercise. Homebirth I think is the right choice for me, as I want to be calm, and in control which I think I will definately have and feel like at home, whereas just walking into a hospital raises my blood pressure and makes me anxious! Obviously also as it is completly down to me, if I want to transfer into a hospital during the birth I can.. Its up to me. Even in a hospital I dont want an epidural, so will only have gas and air and pethadine, and I can have these at home too, So Im quite looking forward to it, tommorrow Im going to have a look at a hypnobirthing book to see if I can find some exercises to do to calm myself. I assume that I will start labour when OH is at work, so I will probably have a few hours on my own before he gets home, as It would probably be better he didnt rush home, though I think he will probably want to be here..

It has dawned on my recently that I could give birth, soon!!!! Weird, and slightlly scary... Well.. Im sure it will be fine!!

Ceedee - I cant imgaine working right up till I drop, Im looking forward not going back at all!!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend! That should be Week!!

Morning ladies.

CeeDee - congrats on your due date, I hope your LO makes her appearance soon. I can't believe you are still working either!

Singers - sounds like you have a really good birth plan. I'm the opposite, I think I need the hospital and the staff there to keep me calm, at home I wouldn't know what I was doing. My ball was originally bought as an exercise ball but they are also great for your posture for just using at the computer or watching TV, so we have it inflated all the time.

I'm off to the hospital this afternoon for another CTG just to make sure all is well, which I'm sure it will be. Had a few niggles in my back last night, but no other news.

Also just organised to have the baby capsule installed in the car on Thursday afternoon. Even though we already have a car seat, we are hiring a capsule as it will be easier to get him in and out of the car with it. Also, we can put the other seat in my parents car when they are here in a couple of weeks and my husband goes back to work.

I hope everyone is well.

xo

Thank you :thumbup:

I got a text from my boss and it made me well up a bit, she was saying that she is REALLY proud of me :hugs:

Mazzy congrats!
Poppie - what is a capsule??

Im waddling alot! when the MW measured me last time she said my fundal height was now 39... so perhaps she will arrive soon!!

hope everyone is having a week

Morning!

Congrats Mazzy! You should be really proud of yourself. :thumbup:

Singers - a capsule is just a car seat you use for baby when they are really little. Here's a pic of the one we're hiring.

https://static.productreview.com.au/pr.products/138867_safensound_unity_infant_carrier.jpg

Went into the hospital for the CTG monitoring yesterday, all is good. Shall see Obs tomorrow morning for last visit before induction day!

not sure if i have already said congrats to you lu lu hope all is well beautiful name looking forward to seeing your pics! my angle would of been due around the 7th april so we had a little memory of them :)

poppie how exciting that baby will be here soon ahh!! can not wait to see pics of your little one too, and your room looks great.

Mazzy well done thats brilliant news :D

its just a quick one as its my oh birthday today so im off out, bump is going well here is a picture for you all. ;D

Attachments

• IMAG0480.jpg
    IMAG0480.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 12 and 23.jpg
    12 and 23.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 3
Poppie- We bought a car seat that goes up to two years, so it looks a bit like the one your just posted..Then it tilts more forwards for older children.

FEeling a bit sick today, bought a book about hypnobirthing and so am reading that to see if aI can get any tips. Last ante natal class tonight, which is a trip around the labour ward at the hospital, thought I would check it out even if we are staying at home.
My littlest dog has to go to the vets on thursday to have some teeth out and be spayyed, Im quite emotional about it really, as she is a the runt of the litter, and a bit of a midget, I keep crying about the fact something might happen to her, IM sure its probably just hormones, but its getting silly...

HOpe everyone has a good day

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->