The Junebugs: TTC June 2011! 18 BFP's :) + 4 angels :( - 14 Junebug babies born!

Im 4 days off the pill and just waiting now. Cant wait to be testing. bought some opks just so i can see if and when im ovulating.
Think oh is getting excting and keeps asking to dtd lol not that im complaining. Hurry up af xx

Hello Ladies! Hope you are all well!

I have a handful of pills left too, yikes!

I got asked the old 'When will you be having babies?' question today. I really hate being asked. Firstly, because it's what I want more than anything! And secondly, having read up on TTC, I realise just how delicate the whole process is and I think, now I know what I know about just how hard it can be, I wouldn't ever ask anyone. I can only imagine how awful it would be to be struggling to conceive and to be asked that question, I would just burst into tears!

I agree, I think it would be so hard to be struggling to TTC and have people ask you when will you be having babies. booo.
I try really hard not to bring that question up to any couples I know incase they have been trying with no success. I don't want to cause them unnecessary stress and tears.

I agree, Mrs Mel - I think it's a rather insensitive question to ask. Nobody ever knows your financial situation, your health situation, your fertility situation, etc. It's just unfair. ._. Sorry you had to face that one. I hate when people ask me that.

Yay Pink is waiting! So exciting to see so many BCP countdowns! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Anyone else on here going to be using cloth nappies or are considering it??

xx

Yes! They look so cute :thumbup: I guess they're expensive to buy at the outset, and there's obviously some cost involved in washing them, but when you look at the cost of disposables they're way cheaper over the two/three years a child is in nappies.

Otherwise Swan and all the other Charting experts what do think of my Chart?
any advice will be gratefully recieved!

Mortgage is being held up because they wont go ahead until we have the deposit in our account! Which I think is a bit cheeky but there you are, so we have cashed in our shaving and hopiefully it shoudl be with us in 8 days! Im just hoping that everything goes quickly after that!!!

Hope everyone had a lovely day yesterday.

Temp - keep at it as it looks like you're ovulating!

How annoying about the mortgage. It's such a stressful time, needlessly so sometimes I think.

I also decided, finally, how to tell the general FB world about when I'm pg.

Firstly, we'll be telling our parents and my sister. Then a few close friends. But after that I want to keep it under wraps until we get more 'in the clear.' Probably 10 weeks, at least? But all the while, I'm going to be keeping a photo journal of my progress and each week, will take a photo of me holding the item of comparison to the size of the baby (lemon, orange, onion, etc). So when we announce, I'll post the 10 week photo (or whatever week we choose), and link to the blog beneath the photo. It'll be a blog unveiling + announcement. So I'm excited!! Now to figure out how to tell OH and the family, when the time comes for such.

Clearly, I'm a ridiculous preplanner.

Again, I can't say it enough - I'm so glad for this group. You ladies keep me sane. <3 Hope everyone's having a good Tuesday!

That's a cute way to do it! I think we'll be waiting to announce until after the 12 week scan we have here in the UK. I'll wait even longer for work, I think, although that'll depend on how soon I start to show!

Hello Ladies! Hope you are all well!

I have a handful of pills left too, yikes!

I got asked the old 'When will you be having babies?' question today. I really hate being asked. Firstly, because it's what I want more than anything! And secondly, having read up on TTC, I realise just how delicate the whole process is and I think, now I know what I know about just how hard it can be, I wouldn't ever ask anyone. I can only imagine how awful it would be to be struggling to conceive and to be asked that question, I would just burst into tears!
I think it's an awful question to ask someone whether or not they're TTC. It's such a private thing to do, and the decision to have (or not have) children is personal to each couple. People are always asking me about it, especially now we've been married three years. I quite often respond with "Having babies wasn't why we got married."

Only a few of my friends know im ttcing and I want to keep it quite for a while I think.
xx

My mum asked me the other day when my implant ran out and I had to lie and say I'd just had it replaced. She looked crestfallen. I'm a terrible liar, don't think I've ever lied to my mum before but hubby has tried to reassure me that it is for the best, we don't need the stress of anyone else knowing before something happens.

Thanks ladies, you're right, it is insensitive :)

I have my fingers crossed for all of you who have started trying already and am excited for us girls getting ready to start!

yes lets get those bfps x
Im feeling quite inpatient tonight . I want another baby lol xx

well i think i'm one of the later ones who will be TTC cause i'm getting the coil out June 20th after a hen weekend and am then NTNP until August. I wouldn't be suprised if most of you have your :bfp: by the time i'm TTC lol :) xx

I think mine will be a while ive heard cerazette can mess things up so just a waiting game xx

Aww Dinah - that's tough! I've told my mom and sister that we're trying and basically that's it - besides my internet support group. ;) <3 But he does not want to tell his parents because they already ask about it enough. Actually on the cruise they were like, "Are you scheduling another on board?" because you get a discount if you do. We had to be coy and say no, we're saving money and such - I slipped in the, "hopefully in the next five years we'll be ready to start a family so we need to save now." They looked sad but they just... cannot know until we're ready to tell them we're pregnant. And my dad is on the unspoken, "need to know" basis for everything. Having two daughters and his wife and a female dog for all his married life, he just prefers to pretend that these things just happen magically. ;)

Aw, that's a cute way Becca! I didn't figure out an exact time frame yet. I want to be cautious since I know a girl on FB who announced when she was 5 weeks and she had a m/c the week after, poor love. /: That was rough for her. She's PG again now though, thankfully!

I don't blame you for keeping it :X Pink. I definitely want to, only a select few are finding out sooner than the rest of my world will. :3

Aw, Mrs Mel! Fingers crossed for you - and everyone. I'm so looking forward to watching our group get their BFPs!! I mean, it's not even June and we have our firstttt!! :D

Jess - Hope everything is going ok where you are.

Swan - Yes we have been doing it night and day (almost) My temp went up alot today, so I think hopefully we timed it right!

I have only had one line (a very faint one) on the OPK sticks today in fact, when I woke up early (5AM) and needed wee so thought I would do the OPK then rather than in the morning (7am) Im wondering whether I drink to much to make my Wee consentrated enough for the little sticks? has this happened to anyone else?

Otherwise Swan and all the other Charting experts what do think of my Chart?
any advice will be gratefully recieved!

WannaB - I love cloth nappies, I havent used them yet, but have told everyone that I will be! Grand Parents will have to deal with the Cloth! I cant decide which ones to buy though I keep changing my mind! I found a really good youtube vid of how to dispose of the waste - which made my mind up in the end, as it was really easy! I might actually try making some myslef to, perhaps we should try to find a making Cloth nappy thread there is bound to be one!

Mortgage is being held up because they wont go ahead until we have the deposit in our account! Which I think is a bit cheeky but there you are, so we have cashed in our shaving and hopiefully it shoudl be with us in 8 days! Im just hoping that everything goes quickly after that!!!

Hope everyone had a lovely day yesterday.

OPK's are different from HPT's. It takes a while during the day for it to build up in your system, so the best time to take an OPK is between 3-8 in the afternoon (make sure you hold your urine for a couple hours if possible). Some people do take one in the morning and one in the afternoon so they don't miss the surge, because sometimes it comes and goes in 12 hours.

I definately will be trying it again. I bought some cheapy ones of ebay and they are fab . They are quite popular by a seller 97k i think great value especially for starting off xx
I love it when caleb is in his, he has a big bum lol xx

Which do you use, if you don't mind me asking?

I want to cloth diaper, even though hubby is a bit skeptical. And all sets of grandparents aren't keen on it, because they don't want to have to deal. So I want to use mainly cloth but I know that no matter WHAT I tell people, they'll get me dang diapers as gifts... so I'll use those for when the grandparents take the LO. ;)

I'll accept any and all insight on cloth diapering, especially from those who have experience. I've read a lot but first-hand is always wonderful.

I've had search about through lots of different websites but for me i've found www.littlelamb.co.uk are fab. I will be diving straight in adn getting the birtht to potty bamboo kit and they just getting cute adn funky wraps of amazon or ebay because there are loads. After using the pre folds in work for years and testing out the all in ones that some of our children have at home and come in with, i deffinatly prefer the idea of a shapped nappy with seperate outter wrap :D There's alot of choice and its just about deciding whats right for you.

Anyways i'm off to work. speak to you all later xx

I'm just afraid if I get a birth to potty kit, that the diapers won't work for us, then we have a million diapers we can't use. I'm planning on getting a few each of a few different kinds and figuring out what works for us. Then I'll get more. I'm probably going to get some pre cut diaper kits too, and try those since it's so much cheaper.

So AF is due in a few days (not sure exactly since my last cycles were 28, 28, and 29 days long), and FF has the 31st listed as when I should start. Not sure what they based that on, that would make it a 33 day cycle. Maybe they went off of what they think is my ovulation date?

Anyway, I've just been watching for signs that AF will or won't appear...FX'd for the latter!

How exciting things being so close now. Can't wait to hear of our BFP's coming through soon!!

wanaBmummy I'll be TTC later too, as we're only starting once we head on our trip to the USA starting on 24th June.

I'm not too sure when I'm going to start telling people. Hubby wants to keep it just us for the first little while, just to be sure, but I think we'll probably tell family and very close friends around 8 -10 weeks then more of the general population 12 weeks onwards. I'm part of another forum online where I'm quite close to a lot of ladies (have met many IRL) so will let them know probably around the 10wk mark. I want to leave telling work for as long as I can.

I've decided I'm not going to publicly announce it on FB. As much as I want to announce it on there I have so many friends who have been TTC for a long long time I don't want them to feel hurt having to see status updates about that all the time.

I'll tell everyone in our little group as soon as I get a :bfp:! Of course DH too:haha: I might talk to one of my SIL's about it, but I wouldn't tell my family until maybe 12 weeks. That is unless my mom does her magic "mom mind-reader trick" and gets is out of me sooner... she's really good at that:dohh:

I don't think I'll announce on FB but I'm sure my family and close friends will know. I probably won't post bump pics either (I'm overweight, if I stuck out my stomach now I'd look 5 months pg anyway!)

I feel bad for all these new people who aren't getting answers on their threads. I've been going through and trying to answer the ones with only 1 or 2 responses. I understand why people get upset and make threads about having a ton of R&R's. I have a thread that has a bunch of R&R's but no answers yet. Frustrating.

I probably won't post bump pics either (I'm overweight, if I stuck out my stomach now I'd look 5 months pg anyway!)

Me either, for this same reason!!

I also see lots of R&R threads, I try to post where I can but often I don't know what to say. :(

I used to R&R if I didn't know an answer, but I've been trying to leave something lately.

hello everyone jsut sat here and read the whole week long threads i have been missing and now i have forgot everything lol!
not been on much due to work and may new exercise routine walking 3miles twice a week most of it is uphill and zumba twice a week. but so annoyed with weight watches my weight is just not going i have been so good and i put on half a pound this week, but the leader says she thinks im under eating and my bod is retaining it all.. but i did cry yesterday as i tried so so hard, :( im still waiting for my af... my last period was 22nd april... :( that was a break through and the ov test said ovulation was about 13th may and then got negertive 5days later. oohh im so confused, im getting a little crampy so maybe it wil arrive on thur. no idea. :( :( :( :( :( :( sorry for the rant. i will reply to everone when i can . hope our all oka x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confettiblue
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->