• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The 'Let bug the admin until they open the grotto' thread 2013

Argos have their clearance sale on... :) let us know if you get any bargains :)

Girls this thread alone has me obsessing about Christmas already, never mind the grotto! I went into Asda for a nosey at lunchtime today and came out with 2 presents and wintery outfits for each of my kiddies. I was walking along picking out jumpers and fleeces with the sweat rolling down my back as its so hot outside! But they were so cosy I just couldn't resist. I've hidden them in the back of my wardrobe as hubby thinks Im bonkers lol

Also got home and have been looking up our local Santa's Cottage and want to book it now so as we get the closest date to Xmas possible. Its £80 for the 5 of us!! A bit steep but apparently it's fab. Hubby reckons we shouldn't take the baby as she will only just be 1 year and her ticket is £18!

What would you do?

I would take her, yes £18 is steep for a one year old but sharing Christmas with her is so special. At one they love the lights, the pretty things, the atmosphere.

After I had a think about it, I came to this conclusion too. I waited til hubby was asleep and booked us all in lol I would feel awful for leaving my wee lady at home. Because its only July, I got exactly the slot I wanted on 22nd Dec (my wedding anniversary).

Am so excited already and now have to try to keep it ti myself til the day before when hubby will be in the Christmas spirit and wont huff about how much I spent!

Woooo hooo a stash pic

& mrs R I would take the little one too

I'm trying my hardest not to start my shopping yet. Went way OTT last year.

I would take her, yes £18 is steep for a one year old but sharing Christmas with her is so special. At one they love the lights, the pretty things, the atmosphere.

After I had a think about it, I came to this conclusion too. I waited til hubby was asleep and booked us all in lol I would feel awful for leaving my wee lady at home. Because its only July, I got exactly the slot I wanted on 22nd Dec (my wedding anniversary).

Am so excited already and now have to try to keep it ti myself til the day before when hubby will be in the Christmas spirit and wont huff about how much I spent![/QUOTE]

:haha: Love that you waited until he was asleep. I am so glad you chose to take her and got the slot you wanted :thumbup:

Sounds lovely Mrs R I look forward to seeing your pics in the grotto!

Lovely stash pic too, sounds like you got some good bargains... How I miss the bargain thread ..*cough* open the grotto *cough*! Xx

There is a bargains thread some where on the forum, something about the grotto girls bargain thread.

I think I am going to put my tree up when we've moved. We move in a few weeks :haha:

There is a bargains thread some where on the forum, something about the grotto girls bargain thread.

I think I am going to put my tree up when we've moved. We move in a few weeks :haha:

Its just not the same as when its in the grotto though :winkwink: xx

ETA - wahoo to the christmas tree!

We've just moved into this house and i was tempted to just keep it all out but DH put it in the loft when i was out knowing i can't go up there! Not a happy bunny.

xx

Loving the plans of putting the trees up super early.
We are moving in september time so hopefully I can put it up then :xmas5:

I'm seriously considering putting my tree up in the next month or so before this baby is born. My reason being it will be 'too difficult' to put up with a toddler and baby in toe. Though I know this is just an excuse :rofl:

oh geez :rofl:

Hannah's birthday hasn't even passed yet so I think not :haha:

I always have to have my tree up before my birthday! November 30th haha..

Pwweeasseeeee admin!? :(

I'll join in :) I miss the grotto though I'm sure my DH doesn't :haha: I just need to get through the boys 1st birthday next month and then it's time to plan for Christmas :xmas16:

He wouldn't, he lives with his parents and they're spiteful barstewards and hate me! Though if he doesn't agree to take the night off work then he won't be geetting her lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->