~**The Natural Parenting Chat Thread**~

you may well need to go with wraps Maffie tbh. Ive switched Theo onto fitteds for bedtime and hes not a heavy wetter at all but now hes sleeping long stretches he needs more than the Pop-Ins we were using and I NEED to trust the nappy not to leak as if it did it would mean waking OH at whatever time to change the bedsheets which would not be funny.
I use Ellas House bumhuggers (good and cheap) Tots Bots stretchies (slim, cheap, soft, good) HL bedbugs/dreamscapes (muchly good and pretty too but more expensive) and WNNN (joint fav with TB stretchies) with either wool, WN wrap, NB wrap or a Flip wrap. I prefer Wool or the WN wraps.

haha, well its a size 2 so its going on the shelf with the "too big" stack for quite some time yet! Im gonna see if I like the feel and look of it and then perhaps look at buying a size 1 next month.

Thanks squish, I just hate the thought of covering up a beautiful nappy iykwim. I dont mind spending £20-30 on a nappy and maybe a wrap would that get me a half decent new night nappy?

haha, more than!!
A basic WNNN will only cost you £13.50 plus postage. I got Theo a tie dye chocolate marble WNNN (its SO pretty, I can take a pic if you want to see it) and a WN cow velboa wrap for £26.something including postage, well worth it!
A tots bots stretchie will cost you about £10, an Ellas House bumhugger is on sale atm at less than £5 a nappy (yes I have bought some!!!!!)

ooooh will have to investigate my options, I washed my nappies tonight while OH took his other kids home to their mum and im on second full machine one load is just the preloved ive bought this week. Seriously need to curb my addiction but I cant :blush:

Do any of your Ittis go funny when they come out the wash? One of mine has gona crinkly and makes crunchy noises now ?

I use tots bots stretchies at night and nothing else since I discovered them! They're amazing.

Do any of your Ittis go funny when they come out the wash? One of mine has gona crinkly and makes crunchy noises now ?

mine do that sometimes, i scrunch them up in my hands and it seems to go, i didnt know if it meant they needed stripping or a quick tumble dry?? hopefully an itti expert can help :thumbup:

I'm so beyond fed up with how crap my life is at the moment. I know others have it far worse and I fee selfish at moaning but its at the point now where I'm wondering what else can go wrong?

:hugs::hugs:

Donna is she any better from Friday? are the antibiotics working? Illuminatious yellow must be Amoxicillin?

She's a little thanks jayleigh. It's not cleared but it does seem less aggrivating for her. I mean she wasn't particuarly bad before but she just couldn't seem to shift it so I took her to docs. She'sonly got 2 days left on so we will see! Yupp lovely synthetic banana smelling amoxicilin, gorgeous :dohh: x

Well been for a carvery and feeling a bit better and a bit more positive :thumbup: I'm now sat with Jordon and Devon and a sleeping Cassidy watching monsters vs aliens and contemplating a snooze myself! :hugs:

:hugs: Sunday afternoons snoozes....genius!

:hugs: to everyone things can only look up girls.

Donna how is lo now? I hope she is feeling better now :hugs:

Jayleigh the malt vinegar worked ok there is hardly any smell now thankyou :flower:

Thanks Donna, as above she is a little yes x

Am gutted about the ltd ed fuzzi we bought, it went a bit wonky after I washed it so I'll have to send it back. Apparently it's a batch issue, so I'd avoid them for a while ladies :(

Ohh i hadn't heard of this, thanks for heads up!

Hey girls,

ANy of you that are using muttaqins... How long do they last you?!

I just bought 2 in medium and i am hoping i can use them for a bit longer then my ussual pockets (ie maybe overnight?!)

ALso would a medium wrap fit over this or do i have to go a size up? And any wrap recommendations?! Ive been looking at woolies and have my eye set on 2 but i need to save up LOL as they are quite pricey..

Muttaqins are very slim fitting so a regular sized wrap will probably fit. It does with my LO no probs. Not sure they would hold out a night though unless he;s a light wetter?

Sometimes my hour glass one comes out a little crinkly but not crunchy. Haven't quite figured out cause yet though sorry!

:rofl: I meant the outer part, I was using my fone and it randomly changes words x

hmm my "lets buy less nappies because I need to pay for Ittis and HL" attempt isnt going very well!
So far TODAY I have bought a WC workhorse, 4 ellas house bumhuggers and two WNNN. I have in my C&C basket (waiting for taxi circles Mini lala to be in stock!) three ittis, another TB stretchie and a giraffe rattle plus I will be adding in the mini lala when its there...

You know I said OH couldnt yell at me for nappy buying after he got that massive TV.....

yeah i thoguht my self imposed ban was going well until i spotted 2 muttaqins LOL and i dont even have a wrap either :dohh:

I litterally cant buy any as i have litterally zero pounds to my name atm. i wish i could buy some! :(

re the itti's - some have gone hard but not really crunchy, except some of the ones i got pre-loved have a little. I dont have a tumble dryer so im replying on white vinegar to soften them when theyre in the wash?

I never tumble my ittis as id heard that can make them crunchy, I know a few of my preloved sounded crunchy when wet out the washer but not when dried (dry them over radiators)

I seriously cant afford nappies but buying them anyway, should get rid of some, going to hunt down some night nappies today I think. (i've only got another 2 or 3 nappies due in the post)

Could it be to do with the water? I know water quality is different in different areas so perhaps it's something in the water that makes them crunchy? Just a thought! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->