The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

Can I join the FB group please? Feeling a bit low today a friend has just announced her third pregnancy on FB and I'm feeling like a green eyed monster tonight! Haven't felt this way in ages.:cry:

It's so hard isn't it? Someone announced the other day and although she has a girl and 2 boys and I'm pregnant I still felt that pang that she'd probably have a girl, and she wouldn't mind either way.

I've added you, I actually nearly did when I set it up but it's so hard to say "hey you still experiencing GD?" i didn't want to raise the subject again if you are doing well

I'm having some bleeding, last night it got heavier, today it seems to be lighter again but I'm not getting my hopes up. I feel awful for even thinking about wanting a girl now.

Are you friends with Emy on there? I'm getting a gemma Ingham who is friends with Emma?

OK, it won't let me find you then. I can only add friends and friends of friends. I'll find you and add you as a friend. You are welcome to unfriend after I've put you in the group

There's a lot of gemma Ingram's do you think you could add me, kayleigh Blythe Whitehead?

I'm having some bleeding, last night it got heavier, today it seems to be lighter again but I'm not getting my hopes up. I feel awful for even thinking about wanting a girl now.

Hope your ok mob's xx

Hi ladies

I would love to join. I am almost 8 weeks pregnant with number 3. I have two DSs and experienced GD for a few weeks after finding out number 2 was a boy. But I now look back and laugh because all I ever dreamed of was having 2 boys (brothers to grow up together, close in age) and then a girl so she can have her 2 big brothers to protect her. So I should have been elated with DS2 when we found out.

We have our gender scan in South Africa early at 13 weeks so only 5 more weeks to go ... I think I will be more nervous on that day than on any other day in my life!

It's everyone else's comments and opinions that will be the end of me if its not a girl. Which is so stupid! So if it's a boy I am going to tell everyone right away. If it's a girl we will keep it secret and when people say "Did you try for a girl" I will say NO I think boys are the best!

I am totally convinced that I am having a girl. I don't know why but ever since DS2 was a few months old I just knew next time would be a girl ... Major wishful thinking perhaps!!

Hope you're ok MOB really hoping the blessing has stopped now!! A
Ah bless you for thinking of me! I think even if I ever get a girl I don't think I'll ever forget feeling this way and would hope to help others x

Welcome and good luck dannypop

I'm not 100% what's going on. I think I've lost the baby, but a tiny bit of me hopes I'm wrong. The bleeding has stopped, but a doctor told me they wouldn't scan at 5 weeks and to take another test and that would give me my answer (can't remember how much I've posted on which thread now so forgive me if I'm repeating myself) I've taken several which have gotten lighter.
I've been told that often with early losses you won't have a proper bleed until all the hormones are gone, my last test on Monday was so faint it looked negative at first glance so if that's the case I doubt it will be much longer. But all the time I am not bleeding I'm clinging to the hope that there's a mistake. You hear about the hook effect, though I think I've ruled that out as a couple of tests I did dilute my urine and still had faint lines.

Oh MOB I am so sorry. I hope you are OK ... and don't even begin to feel guilty for wanting a girl. The heart wants what the heart wants.

When I was 6 months preg with DS2 I got nastily ill with a virus and I started having major pains in my back and legs to the point where it felt like labour. I was shivering and almost convulsing in pain. My mom took one look at me and said "No, you did NOT wish this upon yourself by wanting a girl. I know you adore this boy. That is not why this is happening." Turns out he was safe as houses but still ... the guilt!

So, big hugs and keep us posted

Hi dannypop. How are you? Your scan must be soon right?
I'm not so great. Got my first period since my loss which just reminds me that I'm not pregnant.

I am so sorry MOB. And I know the platitudes of "at least you know your cycle is ready and you can start again" are as pointless as saying to someone "at least the baby is healthy" when it's not the gender you were dreaming for. Screw that. AF is still the most painful thing to see.

My scan is next week Tuesday! I am so so so nervous.

But what did take my mind off things a bit was after having survived 2 months of morning sickness and not puking once I got food poisoning on the weekend! And I was away with DH for a night in the winelands. Our first escape together without kids in a year and I spend it in the hotel room bathroom.

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. Isn't that just typical timing for a parent?

How is everyone doing? We are hoping to ttc in June for number 4 but my cycles only just started back really (on my 4th period). I have the same issue as last time though, rubbish luteal phase (around 6 days) so I have no idea when I'll be able to conceive again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->