The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

I have my 12 wk scan 3 weeks today. Not sure if i want to see a nub, no nub gives me hope but then maybe it would be better to know earlier whether there is any chance for a girl.
I explained to my dh last night my reasons for staying team yellow and he understood so i think the ball will be in my court.

I know what you mean, you don't want to lose hope so early, but also don't want to build those hopes up to be crushed later.

Ordered some opks last week. Should arrive in the next few days. Still not sure what I am doing.. One minute i am ordering opks and the next minute I am hesitating. I want a little girl and I know if i had one i wouldn't want another baby. So it feels wrong to only want to get pregnant to have a girl. I know i will be upset with a boy but for how long ? I was upset the last time and I hate admitting it but i cried when i found out... My husband is eager to start trying to the next one he would like a girl but his thinking is "if you don't try you don't get" ughhhh.

Not sure If it would be better to sit in WTT for a while longer or if dwelling on things for longer will make it harder

I'm right there with you Rhi_Rhi. We've been TTC but I'm starting to have my doubts now. Everything is so hectic atm and we really do need to move. If I have another I want the gap to be smaller, preferably with in 2 years, which means falling pregnant in the next couple of months as DS4 turned 1 last month. And I don't want DH to be 50 when the baby is born, he will be 46 next month. I was just going to move while TTC/pregnant but moving is looking so unlikely.
I think I'm just having a stressful time right now and that I should take a short break, but I know that at this point in time, although I originally wanted 5/6 kids no matter the gender I would stop now if I already had a girl. And DH would be happy with that. He wants a daughter but I think he believes its possible even less than I do. And he would be happy with his boys.
I keep thinking about all the positives to stopping now, and things do look good. Then I'll be shopping for Christmas outfits for the boys and come across the most gorgeous little dress and want to cry because I don't get to buy that, and probably never will.

I also miss being pregnant, and I do have this image of my 5th boy in my head and I want him. I just don't know that I'd cope or that all the things I want, fit together.

I'm right there with you Rhi_Rhi. We've been TTC but I'm starting to have my doubts now. Everything is so hectic atm and we really do need to move. If I have another I want the gap to be smaller, preferably with in 2 years, which means falling pregnant in the next couple of months as DS4 turned 1 last month. And I don't want DH to be 50 when the baby is born, he will be 46 next month. I was just going to move while TTC/pregnant but moving is looking so unlikely.
I think I'm just having a stressful time right now and that I should take a short break, but I know that at this point in time, although I originally wanted 5/6 kids no matter the gender I would stop now if I already had a girl. And DH would be happy with that. He wants a daughter but I think he believes its possible even less than I do. And he would be happy with his boys.
I keep thinking about all the positives to stopping now, and things do look good. Then I'll be shopping for Christmas outfits for the boys and come across the most gorgeous little dress and want to cry because I don't get to buy that, and probably never will.

:hugs:

Totally get it ladies, its hard. Before you have kids you just assume you are going to have a mix of sexes and then suddenly you realise it may never happen. I don't know whether we'll go for no'4 if no'3 is another boy...

Thats it, especially knowing I wanted 5/6 at least. I hoped we'd get a couple of boys first, so 2 was great, even 3 was good. It wasn't until 4 that I really thought I might not get both. I don't know why I get so upset by it because I was happy to have boys, even all boys, but assumed there would be a girl in there. I would have loved to have had 2/3 boys then 1/2 girls then finish with another boy.
I completely gave up on swaying, but I don't know whether I should wait until we move and then IF we move in time to have another baby, then give swaying a go just to say I tried.

Yes i gave up on idea of swaying too, really thought i would try it after ds2 but its just too hard for me to keep up.

In an ideal world i would have 5 and like you, 2 boys to start then 2 girls and a final boy, because boys are great but to also have that daughter experience and maybe being greedy wanting 2 but then they'd have a sister( i never had a sister and would have loved to) and then a final mummy's boy..:cloud9:
I don't know, we'll see what number 3 is and go from there...

I had sisters and my dh had all sisters... So this is very different haha.
All of the grand kids are boys, as my husbands older sister has 2 boys and so do we.
So the jokes have been made "no more boys please" I know it's banter but it still makes me feel like crap. Last time my sister actually said ohhhh no another boy.
Again It was suppose to be lighthearted but you read more into it when you feel sensitive don't you ?!

We tried a light sway last time. Obviously it didn't work, i'm not entirely convinced I believe it now. I am very "girl sway" anyways and yet two boys!

My opks arrived today... and i couldn't resist. Pretty sure i'm ovulating right now or in the immediate future. The test line was quite dark. Wasn't really expecting that haha. Have only had one AF since having my Lo 9 months ago. hmmmm

Yes thats the thing isn't it, its not just the pressure you put on yourself for the other gender its from other people especially family..

My mil only had the one boy and she said she would have loved a girl, obviously not that much as didn't try again! so i'm sure with 2 grandsons she'd really love a grand daughter.
Hey ho, as we know not much you can do is there!

ooo thats exciting rhi rhi, so to bd or not to bd??

EEee!! I don't know ! haah It might still be negative it's not super dark but I think it's as dark as the tester line.

Hard to know without a comparison isn't it. Was surprised to see any line though really !

decisions decisions!

Every time I think I've made my decision I get overwhelmingly broody again.
I started swaying then gave bits up. I defo can not sway over Christmas time, so I was going to take a break through December anyway. And sway but not ttc through January. I don't hold much belief in it, but I just don't want to wonder what if, when I hear boy again. I just don't, what I want and what I think it logical are two different things.

I'm seriously having big time anxiety that it will come out a boy even though the dr told be it's definitely a girl hope this feeling goes away

30mummyof1 - Exciting that your scan is coming up. I opted to have mine at 13 weeks to get a better accuracy on the nub. I thought it looked flat and girly, but had a mixture of guesses in the gender prediction thread I made - who knows :shrug:

Rhi_Rhi1 - Good luck for TTC! Hope it doesn't take long for you :) Our family is the same, lots of grandsons so far for my parents (well, four, but still - no granddaughters!) and I know everybody would be thrilled with a girl. At the same time though, I know they'll be thrilled with another grandson, too, but I do feel some extra pressure on that front to produce a granddaughter.

Kaiecee - Don't worry, the tech did say 100%, I would be confident that it's your little girl in there! Though I can totally understand feeling like that - if this is a girl I probably won't believe it til she's here!

So girls...MY SCAN IS TOMORROW!!! And I am freaking out :wacko:

I posted on Facebook to ask people what their final bets are and most people are guessing boy. It's silly I know, but I just want to crawl in to a cave and sulk until my scan :cry:

Yes thats true. ds1 and ds2 had very obviously boy nubs at what i thought was 12 wks but was put forward 5 days with ds1 and ds2 7 days so like you say 13wks being pretty accurate.
This baby should be bang on dates as i had an early scan but you never know might have jumped forward. The scan is 12+1.

Goodluck with your scan, i'm feeling pink for you. :thumbup:

Yes thats true. ds1 and ds2 had very obviously boy nubs at what i thought was 12 wks but was put forward 5 days with ds1 and ds2 7 days so like you say 13wks being pretty accurate.
This baby should be bang on dates as i had an early scan but you never know might have jumped forward. The scan is 12+1.

Goodluck with your scan, i'm feeling pink for you. :thumbup:

That's interesting to know! My first scan with my son was at 11+3 as didn't know my dates and was meant to be 12 plus something. And because he was prior to 12 weeks, the nub was flat, but obviously he's all boy :haha:

It's probably a blessing and a curse to get a nub shot - for one, you get your hopes up or hopes dashed either way, but it may not even be correct. I will say though that my friend's baby had a very boyish nub and she just found out boy!

And thanks so much :cloud9: I will be chuffed if I hear pink! I know I will get used to the idea of another boy, but I will be coming home and having a wee cry if it is.

Will keep you lovely girls posted! It will be at 3.50pm NZ time, so will update an hour or so after that hopefully. Eeeeek! Soooooo nervous!!

Fx for you can't wait to know what ur having

Good luck, rwhite! :)

(Hope it's okay to still hang around/lurk here, I like to see how everyone is doing)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->