The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

My Mum has 4 grandsons (mine) and 1 granddaughter who none of them see. MIL and FIL have 6 grandsons and 2 granddaughters.
DH is very boy heavy, my family was the opposite, with lots of girls. As far back as I'm aware in the direct maternal line it went girl, boy, then several girls. My Mum had me then 2 boys, then I broke the tradition by having a boy first. (and 2nd, and 3rd, and 4th LMAO)

Nubs are no guarantee but i think there are very boy and girl looking nubs and then the inbetweeners which could go either way.

I don't have much to go on in my family as dh is an only child, my mum and dad only had 2 (1 of each) and other aunties and uncles have either had 1 or none! Going to break recent traditions in my family by having 3! :haha:

DH uncle (the one with 3 boys) jokes that DH got the family gene.
I am feeling less alone these days. I noticed that out of all the kids at judo and karate, only 2 of them that do karate have little sisters. The others are all from sets of 2 or 3 boys.
Although the other day at the school gates someone asked about what clubs they did at the school and whether they did gymnastics and one of the other Mums who I know turned to me and said "I think they do it after school in the hall don't they? Oh no, you wouldn't know, would you" I don't think she meant it in a nasty way but it still hurt. And for what its worth you get male gymnasts.

With my last I posted on the gender guess section (sorry i forget the name) and almost everyone voted girl.... hahah nvm eh I wont be doing that again lol.

Silly nub haha.

Got some more time to think about TTC for now, Had a positive opk yesterday (as i said) but Lo was up being sick all night. sooo err yeahhh nvm lol.

Todays test was negative anyway so chances are it was too late anyhow. Pretty sure because I have no idea of my cycle I am going to have to POAS every day for the next month haha. :/ what a chore! lol.

In relation to the gymnastics I often feel put off by the sheer outnumbering.
I.e If i look at sending my oldest to a club that is stereotypically "for girls" and there is no boys there I don't send him. Although it's madness as I went to school with an olympic gymnast who was in fact a boy !!!

I haven't found the boys to be out numbered luckily, in Harry's class so a pre-school group its about equal and Thomas has moved into a boys only class and they are taught by a male. Not sure all gymnastics schools have this option though.

Getting nervous about the 12wk scan now..

My boys do judo, karate and football, typically thought of as boy sports (I've actually heard a Mum tell her daughter than no she couldn't do karate, they would find her a girls sport, like dancing)They actually have the same 2 instructors for judo and karate, one man and one woman. And there are a couple of girls at judo and were 2 girls in ds1s first football team. And let me tell you, at competitions, the girls have so much more 'fight' than the boys at judo!

I am so overly paranoid though, ds3 enjoys dancing and I'd love to take him to a dance class. I used to dance and we had 2 boys in our dance class. But I always feel people will be like "she made that one do dancing because she didn't have a girl to take". I'm the same with DS2s hair. He like to have it on the longer side for a boy. But I worry that if it gets 'too long' people will think I've let it be like that just so I have some hair to brush.

I tried Thomas with football but he just didn't get that you needed to kick it, just wanted to pick it up and throw it! It was a couple of years ago mind. Tried martial arts as well but he just didn't have the ability to listen and follow instructions. He'd probably get on better with them now, especially since starting school but i'll wait and see if he asks in the future then we can try it again! :haha:

T

Back from my scan...and it's a...surprise :( lol.

I'm gutted. Baby's legs were SO tightly closed. The tech was really helpful and I could tell she really wanted to know what it was, too, but nada.

She said if she had to guess she would say girl due to not seeing boy parts, but obviously that's not so reliable so we will have to wait and see now in April...roll onnn April, I am the world's most impatient person :haha:

Oh no but how come u can't go back for another?

Oh no, how frustrating :( I would have to go for a private one after being teased like that!

We only get up to the anatomy scan, unless the midwife is so kind as to write a referral for a *cough* growth scan in the third tri lol. But if I have to wait that long, I'm almost thinking it may be best to just wait it out completely (crazy I know!).

I don't think anywhere near me does private ones :( I wanted to book in for a 16 week gender scan and was told no by the two places I know of nearby that do scans.

I did take a couple of stills off the DVD I got that looked a bit girly, what do you ladies think? I'm wondering if the tech saw this too, but couldn't confirm or deny because she wanted a clearer view/better angles?

I'm not holding my breath though, just in case.

Attachments

• maybegirl2.jpg
    maybegirl2.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 23
  • maybegirl3.jpg
    maybegirl3.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 20
Oh and a bonus shot of the little bugger's legs :haha:!!

Attachments

• legscrossed.jpg
    legscrossed.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 10
ahh thats a shame, i'm not sure as legs are closed but nothing obvious to say boy thats for sure!

sorry no help from me. I have had two kids and I still can't tell the head from the butt hahah. generally speaking. lol. I was going to suggest a private one but if none near you thats bad luck :(

sorry you didn't get to find out.
I had a private one last time and it was a good job because when I went for my nhs one a few weeks later he had his legs shut! they don't like to cooperate do they.

It looks girly to me, post on in gender they are great there!

Oh no! How frustrating. Sounds like a diva right there lmao
Seriously though, it must be hard not to hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->