The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

It has to be girl they give us trouble already not only do I have gd but now I have to monitor my bp twice a week because of high bp

It has to be girl they give us trouble already not only do I have gd but now I have to monitor my bp twice a week because of high bp

Yes, girls are trouble :haha: my son gave me an easy pregnancy, this time I have had hyperemesis gravidarum, sciatica, back pain, shortness of breath and anxiety :haha:

Rwhite it looks pretty girly to me my ds2 crossed his legs so I couldn't find out I had extra scans too but he kept them shut every time I was convinced he was a girl cause at my last scan he had his legs crossed but they were up to his face too so I figured if he was a boy surely they would of seen something (balls) with the position he was in but nope when he came out he was held up and I couldn't see due to cord in the way and I said it had better be a boy cause if its a girl its an ugly one he just had a proper little boys face xx

Thanks girlies for your replies :D I have recently been referred to an OBGYN because of previous cholestasis (possibly occuring early this time, but don't know for sure as bloods aren't back) and hoping that means I will get a scan soon! Who knows really, but if can't get a scan before 30 weeks then will just wait it out and hope for the best :winkwink:

LOL Geordiesmammy! My son had a face that you wouldn't wish on a girl, either! :haha: he's never looked girly, so if I were in your shoes I would've thought the same thing. That's hilarious!

LOL Geordiesmammy! My son had a face that you wouldn't wish on a girl, either! :haha: he's never looked girly, so if I were in your shoes I would've thought the same thing. That's hilarious!

Connor was the same :haha: he had a proper boyish face, he was gorgeous for a boy, but if a girl had the same face then she would have been weird looking :haha: Bless them!

This girl is trouble but my boys are just as bad during pregnancy

Another friend just announced a girl after 1 boy. And DH is talking about waiting. I just know it's never join to be me.

ahh motherofboys, why does he want to wait?

All my closest friends that have 2 children all have 1 of each, it does seem so unfair at times.

Another of my friends also announced this week that their second will be a boy.. I want a girl but I get so green eyed when people get one of each!

Keeps posting things like "i can't believe I am having one of each" "so lucky to be having a prince and a princess" ... oh shut up lol. Of course what I mean is congrats :) hahah.

I feel really ungrateful and mean spirited. I knew she was having a girl. I'm rubbish at nub guesses but her nub just screamed girl.
He wants to wait because he says he is enjoying all the little things about having one baby that you can miss when you've got 2 close together. And while it's true that I am really enjoying DS4 ATM I don't want a bigger gap for many reasons. He says his age isn't an issue for him.
Everyone is congratulating her and going on about pink shopping and saying about 1 of each.
It's funny, I notice when people get 2 of the same people say "aw lovely I bet X will be happy with a brother/sister" but if it's the opposite they get twice as many comments (as opposed to just 'likes') and people are over the top with the "wow, congrats, I bet you're over the moon. That's fantastic news" they would not have said it was fantastic news if she had a boy, cos hey, who would want 2 boys, right?!
I want to tell dh, but don't know if I can or should. He doesn't know her that well so if I text him he will know it's because it's a girl and probably won't mention it. If I tell him when he gets home there's a chance I'll end up crying. I've started spotting so know af is on her way. I don't even get to be pregnant this month.

Yep unfortunately most people are programmed to think 1 of each is the perfect family.
Sorry af looks to be on its way, fx for next cycle. x

I'm so scared now, if its this hard when its just a friend what's it going to be like in the next couple of years when our grown up nieces and nephews start families? The eldest 2 are both in serious, long term relationships, living with their partners.
This was my last sure shot, he wants to wait so I might not even get next cycle. And if we wait then don't end up trying again for whatever reason then its over, no more chances.

For that i don't have any answers as I'm the same as you and haven't come to terms with not having a girl. I just hope in time it gets easier, but i really don't know.:shrug:
but i do totally understand your feelings. Its like i cannot imagine not having a girl but i cannot imagine having a girl either! Sometimes i think what would it be like to be told i was having a girl, i think would i scream, shout, cry, dance, be silent i don't know just know I would be the happiest woman alive..but hey ho nothing i can to make it happen.

Sorry i didn't realise he wanted to stop right away, will he say for how long?

He hasn't said. He likes having just one little one home. I said to him "so what a similar gap as there is with ds2 and ds4? Like 3.5/4 years" and he didn't really answer, just got distracted by ds4. But he isn't thinking any smaller than that for sure. ds4 is 13 months now.

I really don't understand the "one of each is better" mentality. I've had tons of people say that they hope I have one of each, which offends me because I don't think other people get to have a preference for what DH and I are having! I bet there would be so much less pressure and disappointment if other people would stop assuming that there was a "perfect" family and then acting like you even get to control what you have.... Pregnant rant of the day!

I do get the one of each if you only want 2 kids. You get to experience the joys of having both a boy and a girl! I had always planned on having more than 2. Growing up I always wanted 4, 3 boys 1 girl. When I met dh he had agreed to 3. Somewhere along the way we switched! After ds 3 was here and the dg was gone and I fell soo in love with him I was done! I didn't want to go through it again, the dissapointment of family that we were having yet another boy to add to our family, but he wanted to try for a fourth in a few years. We didn't make it that far lol. I'm 30 weeks now and we still don't know what we're having, and I'm ok with that! But even if it's another boy I'll be ok, I will welcome another boy and our family will be complete. We are 1,000% done after this make makes its appearance :)

I really don't think I am meant to have a girl. Everything seems to be going against any more babies at all.

But not everyone who plans for 2 kids cares about having one of each. And even if someone does have one of each, it doesn't mean their kids represent their respective sexes as a whole. I just mean that I don't like when other people act like they should comment on other people's family dynamics and tell them what they "should" have. Or when people act like if you announce one sex, it's either better or worse than the other. It's no fun getting fewer congratulations and excited messages just because the sex of your baby isn't what other people think it should be. :/

motherofboys, I hope this is your month and you get a BFP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->