The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

Thanks, I understand what you mean, I wasn't disappointed to have 2 boys, I liked the idea that they would have a brother so close in age. But right away people were saying "you need a girl next time" like you can choose and I chose wrong.
I feel a little better today. I don't think I'll burst into tears if I tell DH that she's having a girl. But I still feel like I don't know if I can keep doing this to myself. Honestly what is so bloody hard? Just 1 girl, that all I asked for, 1 healthy little girl.
I know I sound like a spoilt child stamping my feet and screaming that it's not fair but I can't help it.

As soon as we announce im sure the girl wishes will start following...dreading that bit..

I know how you feel, its the only thing left in life that i really want to achieve/experience. My dh is quite materialistic and desires things like a bigger house, better car etc.. you know that kind of thing. I would be quite happy with everything as it is now just with a daughter in my life. At this stage i would still like 1 or 2 more children after this one but if this was a girl, and dh decided he didn't want another I would be ok i think.

we really NEED a bigger house, but if I could have a girl I would muddle through here for as long as it took.
I just text dh and had a strop at him saying he didn't care cos he got to do the boy thing and take them to football etc. And that he doesn't even want another. He replied a couple of times but hasn't since he mentioned getting checked to see if he could even make them and find out what we needed to do. And I replied saying it was rubbish, all men make both and that the only way you could know a pregnancy was going to be a girl would be gender selection which is illegal here and then you can't guarantee a pregnancy at all.
I think its over for me. No girls.

Hope you know i didn't mean wanting a bigger house is only ever materialistic, I was only talking about us as we can get by for 4 kids, probably even 5 really. Sorry didn't phrase it very well!

Yes, that's the only guarantee isn't it, pgd. I've thought about whether i would consider it in the future but i don't think i could. 1, obviously there is the cost and 2, its not very practical when you have other kids as you'd have to leave them at home to go abroad for about 2 weeks whilst you had the treatment.
Hopefully he will come round to one more pregnancy. I saw on one of the boards yesterday a lady having a girl after 4boys.

I know you could go through all that and still not get pregnant. And there is no one who would take care of the boys while we went away and I'd feel so selfish spending all that money on something I want.
Its ok I know you didn't mean that. I know someone who lived in the same row of houses as me. Just her, dh and 1 son. But kept moaning the house was too small for them. She moved to a 5 bed house! She can't have more children and her son is 9 so its not like they need loads more room in the future or anything. Thats materialistic. We have a 2 bed, with 4 kids in, we do need that extra space.

Hi ladies! Can I join! I am new to this, but I have 2 DS and have a surprise :bfp:. I'm letting myself hope that it's a girl, even though I know that can be dangerous, I don't want to feel upset if it's not, but I truly can't think of much else I want more. I feel awful saying that, I have 2 happy healthy boys, life is good, just feel a girl would complete this for me! We have every intention of stopping at 3 so this would be my last change for a girl.

Updated the front page. I saw a couple of people had found out the gender on other threads but forgotten about us. If you notice anyone whose name you recognise from here and they haven't updated will you let me know just for the sake of interest really, to see how many get their desired gender.

I'm still floating about. Staying quiet though as I never know the right thing to say. I can totally relate to you though mother of boys (mob!) Fortunately I think my DH is quite sympathetic (not to say ures isn't) He would also like a little girl. He is the mental one though he would have kids till the house started to burst apart at the seams. We only have a 3 bed and already have two boys! I really feel like even one more is pushing it. If it is a girl then great the boys can share. If it's another boy then also fine. BUT if we have one more boy and then try AGAIN for number FOUR ! there will literally be no room left haha. We don't even own this house my mum has "lent" it to us. So upgrading isn't an option and I don't wanna pay rent so I ain't moving lol.

We will start trying this month. I am already dreading the comments, It was moderately annoying last time so I dread to think How I will cope this time around. It's even making me think I don't want to find out the gender at all! I know i'm counting my chickens. I should get pregnant first then start worrying ahah.

Hi ladies! Can I join! I am new to this, but I have 2 DS and have a surprise :bfp:. I'm letting myself hope that it's a girl, even though I know that can be dangerous, I don't want to feel upset if it's not, but I truly can't think of much else I want more. I feel awful saying that, I have 2 happy healthy boys, life is good, just feel a girl would complete this for me! We have every intention of stopping at 3 so this would be my last change for a girl.

Good luck ! :) oh and congrats ! :)

I did not want to find out gender, but DH is insisting. So we will find out.

Thanks, this is the first time I've admitted (Even to myself) that I am hoping it's a girl.

I just feel like I'm destined to be a momma to boys only.

But I would love to have that little girl.

I don't want to find out (if we do have another) because I haven't had that experience and I've dealt with GD once while finding out and I'm sure that even if I don't know the gender and still get a boy I'll be ok in the end (even after today and yesterday's melt down)
Dh is supportive really, I've just had a major strop and picked on him a bit. Also I've never really shown him the full extent of my GD either. Not wanting to make him feel bad as he wanted a girl from ds1 and says it's his fault because the sperm decides. He does want another, he just wants to take time to enjoy the ones we have ATM and then enjoy the next one. But I over think everything and worry about every eventuality.

I think we are finding out. I would have probably have not if it was down to me, but dh really wants to know. Very nervous to know. Also nervous about the 12 wk scan in 6 days too, obviously making sure everything is ok and then if there is the nub..

2 girls hoping for another little girl, gender scan at 16 weeks in jan 6th

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->