The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

Congratulations Aimee! H&h 9 months!

I got the questionnaire through from the clinic before you can speak to the doctor and it is very intense! It asks what age I first started my periods, every vaccine I've ever had and pretty much every disease or illness or disability on the planet I've ever had, or my parents, grandparents or siblings. Things included are cancers, diabetes as well as the more obvious questions such as Down's syndrome. Both my paternal grandparents passed away from cancer, and both my maternal grandparents were diabetic, but I'm not sure how this has an effect on IVF for gender purposes? I now have to pay 255 dollars to submit it and speak to a doctor, so I'm weighing up whether it's worth it as I don't plan on going through with anything for at least three years, and unfortunately some of the answers may change if say God forbid my mother suddenly became diabetic. Also, I currently have the mirena coil, so cycle length questions and when I ovulate are currently unknown. Part of me wants to pay to get some answers on it all, but the other part feels it's wasting money at this stage, so not sure I'll go any further at this point.

It does seem a lot of money if you are not going ahead yet and may need to change things and possibly pay again in 3 years time. Are you a member on anywhere like gender dreaming? They have a special high tech/gender selection section on there where there are people currently going the same route that you'll possibly be taking in a few years who could probably better advise you.

Thank you, I'm not but I will definitely check it out, thanks! Because as it stands I have no clue at all about the actual process which is really what I want to know now to know if I'd even be interested

wow that seems intense to find out whether you're definitely interested or not!

That's what I thought. It looks like I'd also have to get a mammogram too, as it asks for current mammogram results. If I knew I was definitely going down this road, it'd be easier and I'd feel like the ball was rolling, but I certainly don't know it's what I want, so to pay all that money and get a mammogram for something I might not want to pursue seems a little silly.
I will join gender dreaming and hope someone can answer my questions about any male embryos, the tests involved, the process and the cost and success rates.
All the doctor said was they offer a chance to pay upfront for multiple cycles at a discount to maximise success, however he also said at my age and with my history of two full term pregnancies he doesn't think that's worth doing for me. Apart from that I'm very much in the dark about it all. I just know the process exists at this point!

Can I ask why its USA you'd want to go to for HT? That does seem intense questioning and expensive to submit answers! x

I think you're given the choice of what happens to make embryos. Research, adoption or disposable.

There was a program on 4 years ago '7 sons and wanting a daughter' I believe and a lady went for the treatment on there as well as a couple who'd already done it.

Well, as the UK it's illegal, that really leaves Cyprus or USA, and although I have heard a couple of positive things about Cyprus, the universal opinion seems to be the success rates for US are a lot higher and it's worth spending the extra to go there, as another added bonus is all the staff speak fluent English which I'd heard in Cyprus can be an issue.
If I could donate I would, but not if I'd be traceable as biological parent. It would have to be a closed adoption so to speak.

do let us know what you find out. Don't think it's something i'll go though, probably more because my DH just wouldn't be on board. We'll take our luck on number 3 :)

So during the move I lost my contraceptive pill. I've now found them, but so far into the month that I'll now have to wait till af arrives to start again. I didn't even realise they were missing (I've only been on them a couple of months and it's one of those things I need to see to remember) until it was too late and we'd already DTD. DH is now convinced I'm pregnant, I very much doubt it. It's not exactly the right time, we are supposed to be waiting till next year. I'm still trying to get the house straight and money is tight for the next couple of months and we've still got so much needs doing in the house that will cost money. The last thing I need is morning sickness slowing me down even more, although we still have plenty of baby stuff, if I did have a girl I would end up buying more clothes that she could ever wear lmao! Gender wise I'm at a what will be will be stage right now but whether thatll last if I do get a bfp now I don't know.

Well, as the UK it's illegal, that really leaves Cyprus or USA, and although I have heard a couple of positive things about Cyprus, the universal opinion seems to be the success rates for US are a lot higher and it's worth spending the extra to go there, as another added bonus is all the staff speak fluent English which I'd heard in Cyprus can be an issue.
If I could donate I would, but not if I'd be traceable as biological parent. It would have to be a closed adoption so to speak.

I only ask as USA don't do microsort whereas cyprus do. If we were to do it we'd use genesis. I've read a lot of people going to usa and ending up with nothing to transfer as they were all male or had genetic issues. Genesis microsort into X & Y so you know you will 100% get some of your desired gender. We won't do it but I did research a lot into it through genderdreaming x

I have heard of microsort but I heard it was only 80-90% accurate as a few XY sperm may be present in the sample. I'd hate to go through all that and pay all that money and still not get what I wanted, so I think the IVF is for me if I ever went through with it

That is IVF, they sort it first into the XX and then test the embryo before its implanted for gender and other issues so its perfect before its implanted through IVF x

yep, very! ds2 was 12days over so i should have expected it really but for some reason i thought it wouldn't happen again..! im bigger this time so it does feel harder on my body :(

Hope it's not much longer hun xx

so just this second found out one of my best friends yellow bump turned pink today. She's got 2 boys already like me so thrilled for her but at the same time feel really jealous. Can't shake the feeling it'll never be me. Arrr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->