The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

I never gave out names until baby was here. The most I'd say is 'we have a couple we like, nothing set in stone yet though'. I didn't want to look at the baby and think my name didn't fit and everyone already had it in their heads the name was sorted

That's happened twice to me so I know exactly what you mean. I had completely different boy names picked out for DS1 and DS2 but when they got here I said it out loud and it wasn't them so we swapped it for another further down the list that suited them. Charlie was always going to be a Charlie, and he really suits it too.....no matter how often hubby says he regrets not using his name for him which would have been Eugene! lol :wacko:

we kept ds2s gender a secret and his name too but that was it. Ds1 and 2 we had their makes picked well in advance, ds3 would have been William but I knew too many at the time so we changed it early in pregnancy. Ds4 was much harder to choose but we got their in the end lol next time I won't be finding out the sex and won't be sharing names either. I have a boys name but not a girls now as the one o had for all for boys is almost identical to ds4s and I refused to let ds2 have his way and call ds4 Jack to rhyme with Zac so I couldn't do the rhyming thing after telling him no ha ha

The thing I have to be careful of (anyone in the UK watch emmerdale?) I've had comments about how 3 of them have biblical names and it's very 'Dingles'. I love the name Kaine but wouldn't use it because of that!

No we don't tell people Our names, I don't want my mind changed because other people roll their eyes or disapprove. I usually say we have a few in mind too, if we're really struggling I might just tell really close friends.
It's so difficult with names, we are going to struggle with our next boy!

I never give out names until the baby is here either. Everyone did know with DS, though, because we did tell people what DD's boy name would have been (at the time we were only planning one). So nobody was surprised with his name. If we have another boy I will struggle soooo much. There's only one boy name we like and we already used it!

My DH's name is Kane! The two of us aren't religious at all and nobody seems to associate it with the biblical Cain anyway. He loves his name!

There is/was (I don't watch) a character called Kane in the show, and a Zachariah (ds2) and pretty much the whole family have biblical names so I've had comments in the past about how 3 of them have biblical names already. I don't think on its own anyone would say anything. We are not very religious and they just happened to be names we liked, I like more traditional names that are not as widely used here as they used to be. I remember there being a couple of people in my class with my name (thanks to being named after a popular song that year) and they would take my stuff and claim it was theirs and I was too quiet to speak up to the teacher.

I couldn't have a Kane now anyway, not with a seth, that would be too close to the biblical reference. Apparently after Cain killed Abel Adam and Eve had a third son called seth, which is ds4 lol

We had this one and DS2s picked before they were conceived! A few people know the gender but it's not public knowledge, I know my Mum and family would be thrilled if it was a girl but it's my gorgeous baby so they can get over it.

We have a Silas (so that's biblical) and Heath which is less biblical.

Hate it when things get dragged back up again after they have settled down. Just found out 'friends' I put that term loosely as although they are they are very much a keeping up with the jones' type who have the house, cars, jobs and let everyone know about it! They have a 2 year old boy and have just found out their 2nd is a girl :( He was adamant it was even before they got pregnant as he was cocky saying 'its us of course it will be a girl' This has made me so sad and angry that 'they' get a girl x

That's so annoying when people think they are oh so perfect. You just want to see them fall flat on their face don't you?
I know someone who was very much like that, then found out her husband was cheating on her when he left her for another woman. She got a quick dose of reality and has seen what it's like for other people and is a much nicer person for it. Not that I would have wished that on anyone, they'd been together half their life (literally, 17 when they got together and we're together 17 years) her sister and brother in law have 1 of each (she has 2 boys) and are very much like that too, and I think she's beginning to realise how annoying and hurtful it can be. And no matter how good you think you are you're not above something going wrong.

eugh I hate it when people have that sort of attitude, and so annoying when people who already seem to have everything also get the boy and girl. :hugs: hun x

Yes I have 'friends' too that things always seem to go perfectly for!! It's very annoying! I don't wish nasty things to happen to people but sometimes when they rub your face in it constantly I kinda wish they didn't get what they wanted all the time, I've just heard this friend is having a girl too! (She was also positive it would be!)...it's possibly because we are sensitive to the issue though!!

so I've been doing some research into gender sway, got nothing to lose imo. Those that have looked into it too, have I got this roughly right?

-need to start changes about 3 mths before ttx
-have sex every day after AF arrives until 2-3 days before Ov due
-Eat foods high in magnesium and calcium, although tbf I'm not sure what those are!
-BD to be missionary or girl on top so sperm swim against gravity or are not to deep
-no orgasms for girl.

All that doesn't sound too difficult, accept I'd have to get my head around the diet stuff as no clue, anyone know anything else?

I'm going to just go with diet and exercise. im going to do the gender dreaming low everything diet, so low cal, low fat, low nutrient, no snacking, get hungry between meals, 2-3 meals a day. And exercise of 6 minutes cardio a day at least 6 days a week. That can be as simple as walking.

that'll hurt me low cal :haha:, can probably manage 6 mins of walking a day mind, what mother doesn't achieve that!?

Eek sorry that should be 60! Low cal scared me at first but there is a list of A and B (etc) foods that you can eat more or less of as long as you stick to the over all calories. Things like pop tarts are on the A list! A is the stuff you can eat most often. I was having a bagel with cream cheese and a couple of spoonfuls of hummus with peppers and cucumber for lunch each day. You don't have to starve, just find things that are lower cal but filling so it doesn't hurt too much. Nothing is off limits really as long as you keep track of cals, protein, fats etc

Depends which website you get your sway details from. I did gender dreaming very very strict girl sway for my beautiful DS2 and I am sooo glad it failed. But tbh if we tried again I would just do the approch iver never ever done before and relax!!! x

I'm definitely not going too strict because I'll obsess and that can raise testosterone. But I figure what have I got to lose?

yeah I'm on the nothing to lose boat too. I think i'll aim more for the timing thing though, we've always literally covered all around Ov before so no doubt gave the boy sperm a blooming good chance!

crash diet needs to start this week as I'm a bridesmaid 3 weeks on Friday. Just been on the hen do and omg we drank and ate soooo much! had a brilliant time though.

Feeling really broody all of a sudden, probably because I've had a weekends peace, lol

It's easy to feel broody when you're alone or they are all behaving, when they are all being crazy and selectively hearing you it makes you wonder if you might be mad tk consider another. Or at least it does me lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->