The New Positively Positive Thread of Positivity *13* BFPs!!!

Opera test!!!!!

I'm not whether to count the last few days as af. It was so light pretty much just spotting for 4 days. No red just brown spotting. I don't know what to think since I didn't track anything this cycle.

Frustrated - I had that a few times when I actually was ovulating on my own after BCPs (although very irregularly). It was always the end of a cycle, as I was tempting at the time. The only other time I had very light spotting for a day or two was an annovulatory cycle.

Tested BFN again this morning. Went to the doctor, b/c my back is still killing me; she felt around and my ovaries are VERY tender (I felt like she was hammering on them oh my goodness) and will hopefully be getting a trans-vag ultrasound later today. They found traces of blood in my urine so I REALLY hope I'm not getting another UTI. The ultrasound is to 1) make sure I'm not having an ectopic preg and 2) check up on my polycystic ovaries which haven't been checked since November of 11 (I think).

She (the PA, not my doctor unfortunately who wasn't in today) didn't even want to look at my chart b/c my recent blood test was so very negative but knowing what I know now, of course it was negative...I barely had ovulated. Anyway, it made me kind of mad b/c I've NEVER had temps this high EVER and I've had PCOS for about 3-4 years now (it just went untreated for about a year) and have been temping fairly consistently for the past year and a half at least. "PCOS is just so unpredictable." Yes it is, but I know what my body does and what my temps look like when I'm not ovulating and after I've ovulated. Something is obviously not right this time. It truly aggravates me. Whatever. At least she ordered an ultrasound.

I'm sorry to vent but I'm in so much pain and the PA just kind of acted like she didn't care. I'm also overly emotional (which pregnant or not is completely understandable I think) and I'm scared and I'm just utterly tired of this.

Okay...I hope one of you ladies has better news.

That's frustrating, Opera, but nice that you'll have some better answers later today - keep us updated. You're right about knowing our bodies, and where our pre and post-ovulation temps are. Did she send off urine for testing?

Opera, I really hope you get your ultrasound today. Something is up, and you need answers. You know your body better than anyone. I hope everything turns out to be OK. I'll be thinking about you. I'm sorry you're in so much pain.

Thinking of you Opera! We're all here if you need to vent.

TV-ultrasounds are weeeird. And the lube is so cold!

Puppymom...they were able to analyze the sample in the office and that's how I found out it has traces of blood in it.

Yeah, I hate TV-ultrasounds. Hopefully the tech is forthcoming - they're usually not though - and I'll get answers today. If not then I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow probably.

I will keep you all updated. Thanks for your support. I really appreciate it.

Your right, ultrasound techs. are not allowed to tell us most things, even if it is positive!

Frustrated, maybe it was annovulatory. It's impossible to know though without charting. I would go ahead and count the bleeding as CD 1, but I could be wrong. GL this month! You're ttc again, right?

So the tech was nice and informative...it appears there might be an infection in a loop of my bowels. Yuck. The tech didn't see any sign of pregnancy and my ovaries are still covered in cysts. Oh, and a parking ticket was waiting for me at the car when I got done with my appointment. Yay for me.

The only piece of good news...my endometrium lining is thick so I might finally get a freaking real period in a few days. Now if my body would just freaking stop producing progesterone so that could happen....

Wow, that sounds like you've been put through the ringer, Opera! I hope AF isn't too wicked to you! Hang in there!
<3

Yes lionchild I'm back ttc this cycle and right now I counted it as cd 1 and started over.

Hi ladies, can I join?

I had a lap a few weeks ago and im waiting for af so that I can start up again. I really need positivity. I will see my RE again in a couple weeks and see what he recommends.

Good luck ladies.

So ladies...I've decided to start clomid. Don't know when it's going to happen b/c I need to find a suitable gyno (my doctor is just a general practitioner and while she's great, she really doesn't know much about baby making). Anyway, DH and I are going to have a serious "come to Jesus" meeting tonight b/c he's been somewhat against me going this route. Honestly, I've tried a LOT of different things to help cure my pcos, and while some of those things work great for most women, they didn't work for me. I feel that, in any normal sickness, one would take antibiotics. Well, PCOS is a kind of sickness and I'm honestly tired of living with it. Getting pregnant is the only known probable cure for pcos. Obviously that doesn't mean that pregnancy will ALWAYS cure pcos but in most cases it does.

At least in my case (which is that I'm not ovulating but instead growing cysts all over my ovaries and living in a constant state of pain and anxiety) clomid should help that. I typically respond well to drugs (for instance, when I was on provera, my body responded very well)

Of course, all that being said...I really want to get pregnant so I can hold and love a beautiful child of my own one day. That's obviously the main goal. Getting rid of my polycystic ovaries is just a bonus.

Hi Praying4bump....you are of course welcome! I hope you're not put off by my rants today...you caught this thread at a semi-bad time. We do try to keep this thread encouraging though and I honestly don't know what I would do without all the ladies here supporting each other. I'll add you to the list!

:flower:

opera, clomid is good, and if your pcos is minor, it will work wonders. ( My SIL has 4 year old twins thanks to it). Watch the dosing. I was on 200mg my last round and ended up with a 6cm cyst and a 4cm cyst on my ovaries. Clomid helps with growing a follicle and metformin (i know you hated it) has shown to help with clomid and also to decrease miscarriage rates. Also after a few rounds, look into the trigger shot. It will force the ovulation, if you end up not ovulating on clomid, you get lovely giant cysts on your ovaries.

Opera, Clomid seems like it would be a great option for you. Why is your DH against it? What is the harm in trying? It is not like you haven't given completely natural TTC a good chance.

Thanks opera. I'm not put off by the rant because after 20 mos of ttc, I've had my share of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->