*~ThE OfficiaL ApriL TestinG ThreaD!~* ~ 305 Test Takers & 60 BFP!!

Have you guys ever seen The Great Sperm Race? I watched it on youtube today and it was really good! :spermy:
It truly is a miracle to get pregnant! I always thought that but after watching this i had no idea how hard it really was for just one sperm to get the egg!

I jus watched some of it.... It's amazing. Gunnar watch rest when I get home x

I was able to watch the whole thing last night. Loved it!! All you ladies should watch it!!!!

It was a great movie! i had no idea that only a couple sperm actually made it to the egg. in high school the pictures always had tons of sperm trying to break into the egg but apparently that was wrong! ...then again that was a while ago.

I want to see it. Does anybody have the web address for it.

yeah I felt so sorry for my DH went I watched that :haha:

very informative though, I loved it xxx

I got shown the same Guppy.. a few sperm fighting to get in and whichever got in first was obviously the one that made it.. others would get tired basically and give up

Nat, the video in a nutshell is about how the sperm get to the egg but they scaled it up to human proportions so the sperm are people and they are racing through all these different environments that represent the vagina/cervix/uterus etc.. Many die along the way and in the end only 2 make it to the egg and only one fertilizes it. Its very interesting! I wonder if they have subtitles somewhere?? I saw it last night also..

There may be something out there with subtitles. I think even if you cant hear it very well, the video is self explanatory-well except some of the talking the professionals do but as far as seeing down to scale, you could still understand most of it.

Kita- thanks so much for summarizing it up for me! That helps! :shock: Only ONE OR TWO make it to the eggy???? Well, that narrows our chances down a lot... Hmmm, how do I help it achieve that goal?

same here. My FRER nothing, not a thing. Nothing showed up on my ICs either :wacko: Just be careful with the digital because they are a bit higher in sensitivity. And if you are crazy about reading those test like i am, you cant even look for a faint line because if you take it apart those lines mean nothing :wacko: but it does take the guess work out! i like them, just cant tell if there are "faints" or anything with them as they are either yes or no. I really hope we both get a positive soon!! When would you be due if you are preggie?

I'm having this really strange pressure feeling "down there" .... Another thing I never get before AF. I think I'm just gonna wait. If I get the bfp my edd would be dec 20th!!!! Yet a 3rd Xmas baby.... Oh boy

What about you honey.....

I tested 10dpo and a BFN with dollar store cheapy. But today is dpo13 and I am feeling so sick!
I am too afraid to test. I don't want another bfn! I have had the sharp pains in boobs and sores in my mouth. Niether of those things have I ever had before! we shall see, or "vamos a ver" as we say here in Mexico.
Thank you for this thread!

I tested 10dpo and a BFN with dollar store cheapy. But today is dpo13 and I am feeling so sick!
I am too afraid to test. I don't want another bfn! I have had the sharp pains in boobs and sores in my mouth. Niether of those things have I ever had before! we shall see, or "vamos a ver" as we say here in Mexico.
Thank you for this thread!

Yes, after seeing the first BFN, you get a little gun-shy about testing again. The symptoms sound good though. Good luck holding out until your next test. :)

i highly recommend superdrug tests, yesterday i had bfn on ics and today i had extremely faint frers and i mean eye squinting ones and lovely lines on superdrug 4 days early ones they i would have to say are good tests

Have you guys ever seen The Great Sperm Race? I watched it on youtube today and it was really good! :spermy:
It truly is a miracle to get pregnant! I always thought that but after watching this i had no idea how hard it really was for just one sperm to get the egg!

I jus watched some of it.... It's amazing. Gunnar watch rest when I get home x
I couldn't find it... There's a few but doesn't seem to be the one you're talking about.

i watched this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Se...ch_query=great+sperm+race&aq=f&has_verified=1

I need to stay away from the preggo websites... About 90% of them say I should get a bfp by now.... It's becoming discouraging.... Ugh

same... i feel like a fraud... i was due on 3 days ago and am sure i am preggo... try googling negative test still pregnant.... that will reassure u.... just shows that some people never get a positive

same here. My FRER nothing, not a thing. Nothing showed up on my ICs either :wacko: Just be careful with the digital because they are a bit higher in sensitivity. And if you are crazy about reading those test like i am, you cant even look for a faint line because if you take it apart those lines mean nothing :wacko: but it does take the guess work out! i like them, just cant tell if there are "faints" or anything with them as they are either yes or no. I really hope we both get a positive soon!! When would you be due if you are preggie?

I'm having this really strange pressure feeling "down there" .... Another thing I never get before AF. I think I'm just gonna wait. If I get the bfp my edd would be dec 20th!!!! Yet a 3rd Xmas baby.... Oh boy

What about you honey.....

3! :shock: yep, you are def. going broke :haha: jk
Based on my ovulation date (which would be more accurate since i ov. on CD 21 and not 14) it will be dec. 21st.

mine would be december 15th but i am always late so roll on christmas baby... im a christmas baby and i loved it all xxx

I would be due Dec 23rd... what a wonderful present that would be.

Does a v mild twinging pain in your left side just under your hip bone for 6 days count as a symptom? Feels like it goes into the top of my inner thigh a little sometimes too. It's very very mild though, only noticeable when i'm sat doing nothing!

mine would be december 15th but i am always late so roll on christmas baby... im a christmas baby and i loved it all xxx

Im thinking a Christmas Day baby could be in my future (if pregnant of course :dohh:)
Im thinking i'll go overdue even if dates are based off scans/ovulation date. My son was due August 23rd, 2010 based on LMP. Based on ovulation date he was due August 26th, 2010 and based on dating scan he was due August 25th, 2010....yeah...he never arrived until September 4th, 2010! lol LADIES- TAKE ALL DUE DATES WITH A GRAIN OF SALT! no matter how accurate they may seem, babies like to throw them out the window ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->