The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

Hi tallybee. he had to take it to the fertility centre at a certain time and within 30 mins of "production"

We are 12 months post now and still nothing but still valiantly trying ;)

Hi tallybee. he had to take it to the fertility centre at a certain time and within 30 mins of "production"

We are 12 months post now and still nothing but still valiantly trying ;)

Hey

That's really lax that all they tell you is 'sperm present' hon! WHat a waste of time. Where was that?

Yeh it starts to feel like a long hopeless process doesn't it :hugs: My OH keeps saying 'well we just need to keep having fun trying, if it happens it happens' but I know deep down he's as gutted as I am. Donor sperm has been mentioned before (by him) but I don't know if it'd be something we could really consider. I know for a fact that it would kill him to have to bring in someone else's sperm, he's already feeling like he's failed me :(
Although he is a brilliant dad to my 2 children I had already when we met, having to get help with the conception of ours would be a totally different ball game wouldn't it...

We looked at IUI but from what we could see online the success rates of that aren't all that great, and the money thing... gah.

I know it sounds silly to be saying we can't afford things like that when bringing up a child costs money and all... but not all at once! And I am the queen of 2nd hand and managed on next to nothing with my first 2, and loving them is so much more important than expensive things.

Oh well...

TallyBee - Really sorry to hear the news about OH's SA, but you can't read too much into it, there are so many factors that can affect it and like many of the others have said it only takes 1, but I am starting to realise just how you feel, infact I don't know how to stop obsessing about wanting a baby, it seems ridiculous when I sit and think about it, I am fortunate to already have 2 children (from my ex) but now I am married to the most wonderful guy and I want a bubba so badly with him, its my fertile window and I am getting my hopes up so high, but I know that my chances are probably very slim this month, I find the whole cycle of highs and then lows very exhausting and wish I had a magic want to just make it happen for all of us, do any of you ladies have any coping techniques and I feel very blue at the moment and the thought of feeling like this every month until conception is gutting. Laura x

TallyBee - Really sorry to hear the news about OH's SA, but you can't read too much into it, there are so many factors that can affect it and like many of the others have said it only takes 1, but I am starting to realise just how you feel, infact I don't know how to stop obsessing about wanting a baby, it seems ridiculous when I sit and think about it, I am fortunate to already have 2 children (from my ex) but now I am married to the most wonderful guy and I want a bubba so badly with him, its my fertile window and I am getting my hopes up so high, but I know that my chances are probably very slim this month, I find the whole cycle of highs and then lows very exhausting and wish I had a magic want to just make it happen for all of us, do any of you ladies have any coping techniques and I feel very blue at the moment and the thought of feeling like this every month until conception is gutting. Laura x

Does anyone else feel hormonal when ovulating, I feel like I am suffering with PMS? I am finding it confusing as my cycle is 28 days and my last period started on the 7th March which makes me fertile about now, does feeling low mean that I could be ovulating and do you think I should use OPK's to pinpoint it?:wacko:

Does anyone else feel hormonal when ovulating, I feel like I am suffering with PMS? I am finding it confusing as my cycle is 28 days and my last period started on the 7th March which makes me fertile about now, does feeling low mean that I could be ovulating and do you think I should use OPK's to pinpoint it?:wacko:

if you are 28day regular id aim at 14th day being fertile but go back 3 days also and forward 3days aswell,
so day 11,12,13 14 15,16,17 that should cover all grounds!

Are you temping aswell it really does help x
Here is a example of a chart... it shows fertile periods etc..

Attachments

• basal-body-temperature-chart.jpg
    basal-body-temperature-chart.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 3

Thanks hon. It's a blimmin rollercoaster for sure. We both are fortunate to have our lovely children already but it doesn't take away from the longing for one with our mr rights hey.

I don't have any coping things really, just coming on here; I know my BnB-ers can always cheer me up :thumbup:

All the best to you hon, we can only keep trying and hope for the best. xxx

well just been to tescos and bought a OPK and as I thought x2 bright blue lines which means I am ovulating! Yeah gonna rip hubbies clothes off when he gets in from work at 6 lol xxx He will think all his Christmases have come at once xxx

if you are 28day regular id aim at 14th day being fertile but go back 3 days also and forward 3days aswell,
so day 11,12,13 14 15,16,17 that should cover all grounds!

Are you temping aswell it really does help x
Here is a example of a chart... it shows fertile periods etc..

Thank you will try this and see how it works out xx:winkwink:

well just been to tescos and bought a OPK and as I thought x2 bright blue lines which means I am ovulating! Yeah gonna rip hubbies clothes off when he gets in from work at 6 lol xxx He will think all his Christmases have come at once xxx

HAHA have fun hun!! :thumbup: x x x

Well af got me as expected

Relieved as can now move without worrying, lol, but of course gutted cos nothing would be more wanted

Onwards we go and lets hope for a great result from the dh results next month, fingers x'd xxxxxx

Hope you are all having a great weekend x

:dust::dust::dust:

Relieved as can now move without worrying, lol, but of course gutted cos nothing would be more wanted

Onwards we go and lets hope for a great result from the dh results next month, fingers x'd xxxxxx

Sorry to hear AF has got you hun, but maybe a new house means a new baby, we have just moved to and thats what I am hoping for xxxx

Sorry hon :hugs:

All the best for the new house, and of course the results next month. FX x

Hi ladies

I've posted this in assisted conception as well but does anyone here know what options are available, how successful they can be and rough UK cost? I believe IUI is the least pricey option but sperm needs to be a certain quality for it to work... I'd hate having to ask the fertility hospital as they just wanna make money :(

Thanks x

Hi tally!

I dont know alot about IUI but I do know that 2 of our VR wags SEOJ and SEEJAY both have had success after IUI and are now expecting. A link to their profiles is on the front page of this thread, maybe ask them and see what they say. I think it worked first time for SEEJAY and 2nd time for SEOJ. I hope you get some answers soon xxx

Yes i was going to saythe say a Live In Hope... Hope the ladies are able to answer you questions Tally xx

I was think of them too... Hope they are able to help you and answer you questions better Tally good luck hun xx

Thanks :) I don't think OH's sperm is good enough for IUI from what seoj said but I've sent an email to a place up here that offers it and attached his results so hopefully should soon get a professional opinion. It's doing my head in not knowing where to go from here. OH actually suggested using donor sperm for AI and called his friggin friend and asked him if he would 'provide'. He lives hundreds of miles away but we have a visit planned to the childrens' grandfolks nearby, for easter - and OH has looked at my calendar and saw that it'd be the right time of month.............
He said yes apparently... but holy crap it's a lot to consider. OH had realised this but not the extent I don't think, I had to say to him 'come on we need to slow down and consider this... together....... I mean what if it turned out that OH couldn't take it me being pg by someone else's seed... crap, my head's in a spin.

Thanks :) I don't think OH's sperm is good enough for IUI from what seoj said but I've sent an email to a place up here that offers it and attached his results so hopefully should soon get a professional opinion. It's doing my head in not knowing where to go from here. OH actually suggested using donor sperm for AI and called his friggin friend and asked him if he would 'provide'. He lives hundreds of miles away but we have a visit planned to the childrens' grandfolks nearby, for easter - and OH has looked at my calendar and saw that it'd be the right time of month.............
He said yes apparently... but holy crap it's a lot to consider. OH had realised this but not the extent I don't think, I had to say to him 'come on we need to slow down and consider this... together....... I mean what if it turned out that OH couldn't take it me being pg by someone else's seed... crap, my head's in a spin.

Tally, I know you and OH are really wanting this baby, but think you really need to slow down and think this through, if you were to look at a donor would you really want it to be your OH's Best mate, I personally think this is opening a massive can of worms and could be awkward in the future to say the least? Is this guy single? Would he want a part in the babies life and even if he says no now whats to stop him breezing in at a later stage and pushing his maternal rights? Wanting a baby is one thing but a situation like this could put a massive strain on your relationship, I too have joked with DH about finding someone else to get me pregnant I have said that out of desperation at times and sometimes when I am hormonal just to get at him, but I don't know if AI from your OH's mate is the way forward, surely there have to be other alternatives. Thinking of you honey massive hugs, just make sure you think the whole thing through and don't rush into something that once done cannot be changed. xxxxxxxxxxxx:hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->