The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

Thanks :) I don't think OH's sperm is good enough for IUI from what seoj said but I've sent an email to a place up here that offers it and attached his results so hopefully should soon get a professional opinion. It's doing my head in not knowing where to go from here. OH actually suggested using donor sperm for AI and called his friggin friend and asked him if he would 'provide'. He lives hundreds of miles away but we have a visit planned to the childrens' grandfolks nearby, for easter - and OH has looked at my calendar and saw that it'd be the right time of month.............
He said yes apparently... but holy crap it's a lot to consider. OH had realised this but not the extent I don't think, I had to say to him 'come on we need to slow down and consider this... together....... I mean what if it turned out that OH couldn't take it me being pg by someone else's seed... crap, my head's in a spin.

Tally, I know you and OH are really wanting this baby, but think you really need to slow down and think this through, if you were to look at a donor would you really want it to be your OH's Best mate, I personally think this is opening a massive can of worms and could be awkward in the future to say the least? Is this guy single? Would he want a part in the babies life and even if he says no now whats to stop him breezing in at a later stage and pushing his maternal rights? Wanting a baby is one thing but a situation like this could put a massive strain on your relationship, I too have joked with DH about finding someone else to get me pregnant I have said that out of desperation at times and sometimes when I am hormonal just to get at him, but I don't know if AI from your OH's mate is the way forward, surely there have to be other alternatives. Thinking of you honey massive hugs, just make sure you think the whole thing through and don't rush into something that once done cannot be changed. xxxxxxxxxxxx:hugs::hugs:

Thanks hon :hugs:

This is basically what I said to OH when he told me he had asked the friend. He is married and already has kids, and from what OH was saying it'd be kept between us, the friend would be like an uncle (he already is to my 2), OH would be on the birth cert. etc.

He was completely serious but really hadn't considered all of the issues that the idea throws up. He thought it was just a case of him having to deal with the baby not being genetically his, and was going on about how my 2 kids I had before meeting him, obv. aren't genetically his but are his kids iyswim. As much as I long for a baby I had to point out some of the rake of other considerations - what you said about rushing into something that can't be changed is practically word for word what I said. He just hadn't considered what would happen if we found the decision to freak us out after the fact.

Urgh, I never thought it'd come to this :cry:

xx

Aww hun :hugs: i wish there was something i could say that would help but at the end of the day its down to you and your OH. I'm sure you know your relationship and weather you would be strong enough to deal with something like that, but also you've got to think of how much you want a baby and if you don't do this would you be strong enough to survive without one? I feel for you hun and hope you can resolve this with a positive outcome. x x

Just received a reply from the Spire place that does IUI and other things near us. They haven't given me any info at all - just suggested coming for a consultation - at a cost of £200.

:growlmad:

I shouldn't be surprised really. But it's so friggin annoying. Thank fook for the internet - we'd never find out anything without our BnB pals and all!

Hi ladies
I have just bought a thermometer to start temping but i have no idea what to do? can anyone help me? when do i start? the first day of a new cycle? and how do i record it etc. Would appreciate any help x x x

Tallybee - OH had his VR at Nuffield Hospital in Leicester. Sorry to hear you are so stressed at the moment. Thinking of you

LittleLou - sorry hun cant help you there as have never temped.

I am still plodding on with the Clear Blue Fertility Monitor. Will be interesting to see what happens as according to the tests it does I am entering my "high" stage today, yet the previous method I was using (doesnt actually Test my body" says I am not due to enter high fertility for another week - could it be we were concentrating on the wrong time??

Hi ladies
I have just bought a thermometer to start temping but i have no idea what to do? can anyone help me? when do i start? the first day of a new cycle? and how do i record it etc. Would appreciate any help x x x

I can't help you there sorry hon :haha: I have no idea. But I'll bet that MRSRICH can help, she really rated temping for getting her :bfp:

Hi ladies

hi! iv been temping since my hubby had his vr. i use fertility friend to record my results. you are meant to temp first thing in the morning befor you even get out of bed. click on my sig and it will bring up my chart ff has lots of info thats really helpful.

oh and i started temping half way through my cycle just to get used to taking it at the same time everyday.

hope this has helped a little.x.x.x.x.x..x:thumbup:

Just received a reply from the Spire place that does IUI and other things near us. They haven't given me any info at all - just suggested coming for a consultation - at a cost of £200.

:growlmad:

I shouldn't be surprised really. But it's so friggin annoying. Thank fook for the internet - we'd never find out anything without our BnB pals and all!

Tally we had our VR done a the Spire in worcester and can highly recommend them hun :thumbup:

Hi everyone. My Husband had his vr on the 4th March :)
How long did everyone wait before resuming intercourse? our dr said we would be ok after a week....... i was a bit worried about this as most web sites say 2-4 weeks.

How long did everyone wait before resuming intercourse? our dr said we would be ok after a week....... i was a bit worried about this as most web sites say 2-4 weeks.

Hi hon, it was just under a week for us, and from what ladies have said on here it varies - it depends on how your man feels :)
How is he recovering?

he has recovered really well, we did leave it 10 days but i was still a bit worried we might have done some damage, dont mean to sound crude but it wasnt vigerous or anything like that.

he has recovered really well, we did leave it 10 days but i was still a bit worried we might have done some damage, dont mean to sound crude but it wasnt vigerous or anything like that.

:thumbup:

Yeah we worried a bit about that too, but were as gentle as possible at first :haha:.

Congrats on his op and glad he's making a good recovery!

10 days will be fine hun, we only waited a week! If your OH felt comfortable enough then i'm sure everything is absolutely fine x

We waited 10 days to, it was so hard waiting, i found when we couldnt i wanted to even more :haha:

yeah i know that one lol it felt like ages, but we are good now. Still very nervous about him having his sperm analysis, keep asking myself what if there is nothing there :-(

yeah i know that one lol it felt like ages, but we are good now. Still very nervous about him having his sperm analysis, keep asking myself what if there is nothing there :-(

I know how you feel we have our sperm ananlysis in may, fingers crossed for you and me x

Ours is end of May. Seem ages away, its hard trying to relax when im so worried about it, Good luck to you for yours x

This TTC is all about waiting isn't it, big hugs girls x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"