Tinsel Tots 2009

:sick: grapefruit juice!!!

heya ladies. Premomt told me about your xmas group and I'd love to join if you'll have me !

I'm gonna need some time to catch up with you gals but I'll do my best tonight since OH is totally engrossed in his modern warfare game :rofl:

xxx

Hi All.

Fish and Chips- fingers crossed to you too and sending you some :dust:

CazD- My OH is engrossed in that game and completed it in a weekend. Now he is playing the harder level- whatever that is?

Titi- Hope your feeling ok today.

Congrats to the two :BFP:S I bet you are so excited!.

I have also heard that reflexology is really good as well as it can pick up things in the feet that relate to the reproductive system.

Hope everyone is ok.

Nic x

Hi Fish&chips. I copied some of the info, here you go:

Improving Cervical Secretions

Cervical secretions are vital to fertility. They indicate fertility, and aid the sperm in their journey. The cervix is filled with a mucus secreting membrane. Estrogen changes the cervical fluid. the vagina gets moist wet and slippery, secretions may show on your underwear and toilet paper, and this fluid becomes stretchy like egg white if stretched between finger and thumb. The mucus will stretch 2-4 cm when you are most fertile. The fertile mucus creates ease of passage for the swimming sperm through the cervix. Progesterone kicks in immediately after ovulation which dries up this cervical mucus and gives it a lotion like character.

When you are not detecting fertile cervical mucus, it is possible that you are ovulating right after you are bleeding so that the fertile mucus is blended with the blood.

Other causes for inadequate cervical mucus; low estrogen levels (low body weight), rapid weight changes, too much wheat bran in diet, vitamin A deficiency, antihistamines, ulcer medication, clomid, some antidepressants, too much exercise reduces circulating estrogens, smoking, high doses of vitamin C dry up mucus, synthetic underwear, fabric softeners, scented toilet paper, tampons, vaginal lubricants, pH out of balance, and poor sexual techniques where the woman is not excited enough to produce sufficient secretions.

Cervical secretions can be improved by; eating foods rich in B vitamins, drinking plenty of water, and including wheat germ in the diet all can help.

If you have determined that your pH balance is off the following is a quick dietary reference to help.

Alkaline foods (to correct acidity): [/B]millet, almonds, seaweed, beets, artichokes, asparagus, green, broccoli, brussels sprouts, celery, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, kale, cucumber, endive, escarole, leeks, kohlrabi, lettuce, onions, garlic, ginger, parsley, potatoes, sweet potatoes, pumpkins, turnips, watercress, brown rice, apples, apricots, fresh figs, bananas, berries, melons, kiwi, grapes, lemons, limes, pears, plums, peaches, mangos, papayas, bamboo shoots, bok choy, parsnips, eggplant, okra, peppers, radishes, swiss chard, rhubarb, spinach.

Neutral foods: yogurt, butter.

Acid foods: lamb, chicken, turkey, goose, duck, salmon, white fish, eggs, beans, barley, buckwheat, oats, rye, white rice, mushrooms, raisins, beef, veal, pork, ham, bacon, cheese, goat and cow milk, wheat, corn, tomatoes, oranges, grapefruit.

CazD- My OH is engrossed in that game and completed it in a weekend. Now he is playing the harder level- whatever that is?
Nic x

yeah - what its it about blokes re-playing these games?
he's done it on easy and then on normal and now he's on the next one up... :shrug:
I think he's practising so he can whoop some ass when he plays online!

thanks abi x

so who's waiting for their xmas :bfp:
when does the testing start?

there's been quite a lot of bad news for my girls this past month so I'm hoping that this is a lucky thread and there's some happy good news on here over the next 4 weeks !

Fish&chip, me again!
Here's some info re EPO:

Evening Primrose Oil (EPO) - Its Role In Trying to Conceive

What is Evening Primrose oil or EPO?
Evening Primrose Oil is the oil derived from a North American wildflower called Evening Primrose. Evening Primrose is not really a primrose, but it gets its name from that flower because the plant looked similar to an English Primrose. The oil is rich in Vitamin E just like olives and nuts are. In addition, evening primrose oil also has gamma linolenic acid (GLA), an essential fatty acid. People that have difficulty creating in this fatty acid in their own bodies can benefit from its use.

The Europeans were one of the first to make it popular. They brought it back to their native soil and crowned this oil a “King’s cure-all” because of its many useful properties that can cure a large number of diseases. In England, the oil is approved for use with eczema and high cholesterol. In women, it can especially be helpful for relieving breast pain, menstrual pains and improving the quality and fertility of cervical mucus.

How does Evening Primrose Oil help you in getting pregnant?
Evening Primrose Oil or EPO lowers cholesterol, helps to alleviate premenstrual syndrome symptoms and aids in the production of fertile quality cervical fluid. Evening Primrose Oil or EPO does a world of good in treating aliments of all sorts. Evening Primrose Oil or EPO is an essential fatty acid that contains gamma linolenic acid (GLA). This gamma linolenic acid (GLA) is converted to a hormone-like substance called prostaglandin E1 which has anti-inflammatory properties and may also act as a blood thinner and blood vessel dilator. These anti-inflammatory properties of evening primrose oil help people suffering from pains, aches and cramps.

Evening Primrose Oil or EPO also has effects on premenstrual syndrome symptoms and cervical mucus. If you suffer from premenstrual syndrome, it could be because you are deficient in the fatty acid, gamma linolenic acid (GLA). Evening Primrose Oil or EPO can help your body to alleviate the premenstrual syndrome symptoms by replacing the gamma linolenic acid (GLA).

Evening Primrose Oil or EPO helps women to produce more fertile quality cervical fluid also known as “egg white cervical mucus”. This type of cervical fluid is fertile, thin, watery, clear and “stretchy” and easily aids the sperm to swim through the uterus and into the fallopian tube, and to the egg. Also, this type of fluid helps the sperm to stay alive for up to five days inside the fallopian tube, thus enabling conception to happen even if you don’t have intercourse again by the time ovulation occurs.

If your cervical fluid is thick, brown or dry, it can obstruct or prevent fertilization. Some women are very dry, and have problems in producing an adequate amount of fertile quality cervical fluid. Drinking a lot of water and taking the Evening Primrose Oil or EPO can certainly help in the production of fertile cervical fluid in these women.

What is the dosage for Evening Primrose Oil or EPO?
Evening Primrose Oil or EPO should only be taken from menstruation to ovulation. This is because Evening Primrose Oil or EPO can cause uterine contractions in pregnancy. The dosage taken should be 1500mg to 3000mg per day. Since essential fatty acids are necessary, you can take flax seed oil in place of Evening Primrose Oil or EPO after ovulation. This may be taken throughout pregnancy as well.

There are many remedies out there to help with fertility, but few are as good as Evening Primrose Oil or EPO. Evening Primrose Oil or EPO is excellent for women because of the help it gives in alleviating premenstrual syndrome symptoms, and even menopausal women can benefit from taking it. There are a large number of women who will vouch for Evening Primrose Oil or EPO as a great agent to increase the fertile type cervical fluid.

Like all herbs, the use of Evening Primrose Oil or EPO can take a month or two to build up, and produce the results you are looking for. It is essential that you chart your fertility symptoms and signs, so you can know when you have ovulated. By knowing this information, you can discontinue the Evening Primrose Oil or EPO after ovulation and start the flax seed oil. Unless you are very regular, charting your fertility signs is the best tool to determine where you are in your cycle.

blimey - so much info!

I tried pre-ov EPO and it did help with the EWCM....
but it gave me about 5 days extra spotting before AF which got me all excited that I was preggo - so when AF came I gave it up!

Hi Cazd,
If you get spotting before AF, it might help you to take a B-vitamin complex. There's a huge thread on here called B6 - Lengthen Luteal Phase or Increase Progesterone with tons of info. The thread moves onto the idea that a tablet with all the B-vits, rather than just B6, is best. I'm taking Holland & Barrett Timed Release B-100 complec (100 mg of each b-vit per tablet) to increase my lp - I don't get spotting but it is too short and I'm gradually lengthening it.
Abi x

ah.... I usually get absolutely nothing except a few AF cramps and then GUSH - she's landed!
Its weird 'cos with the BCP it used to linger too but now its like a waterfall for 3 days and then.... nothing!

its the EPO that caused the spotting and I didn't like it one bit :growlmad:

thanks abi x

so who's waiting for their xmas :bfp:
when does the testing start?

there's been quite a lot of bad news for my girls this past month so I'm hoping that this is a lucky thread and there's some happy good news on here over the next 4 weeks !

There've been 3 BFPs already. I'm on CD4 (moved over early from bonfire babies, along with a few others). Think a couple are testing this weekend. We're pretty spread out through the month. How about you? Or have I ignored a ticker in your signature?
Abi x

I'm on CD5 so we'll get to SS together!

twinklestar - what day are you on? and how longs your LP normally?

I am on day 29. My cycles vary, my last cycle was 31 days, the previous 36, before that 42, so dont know what this month will be.

My cycles have always been cr@p, when I conceived my daughter I ovulated on day 28!! lol

We BD'd the week of the 9th Nov. Dont know when/if I ovulated as did OPK's for 7 days and didnt get a positive.
My last AF started 23rd Oct
Very tricky. I guess really I should wait until next weekend and see if AF gets me before?

I would say always leave testing until well after AF is due - I think it's better to get AF than let yourself believe you might be pregnant only to get a BFN - the minths I've been really crushed are the months I've felt a glimmer of being preggo (another reason I don't symptom-spot).
When do you think you're due?
Abi x

I'm on CD5 so we'll get to SS together!

twinklestar - what day are you on? and how longs your LP normally?

What's SS? Am I simple? (Don't tell my OH I asked you that!)
x

wow - those cycles are random!! must be such a pain!

Have you been scanned for PCOS? My cycles were all over the shop and then they found a cyst - as soon as I had that taken out my cycles sorted themselves out - bang on 28 days now...

I'm an awful test pusher though - I just can't help it. I always test early and every month I say I'm not going to waste any more sticks :rofl:

I just think that an early :bfp: would be FAB - and if its neg - then its just too early to test!

Most ladies get theirs at 16dpo but with 7 days of neg OPKs - who knows what dpo you're on???? :shrug:

Cazd - lol I know they are a complete pain!! Ive not been tested for anything, as before I started ttc with my daughter I told the doc about my cycles and I was booked in for blood tests. But we were VERY lucky and conceived first month, so didnt need to go. I will see what happens over the next few months then get checked.

Im not sure when I would be due on I guess the following:

31 day cycle (same as last month) - due on Sunday
36 day cycle (prev month) - Due on next Fri
42 day cycle (prior to that) - 3rd Dec

such a pain!!

My wine is making the wait better though ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->