• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC #1 AL Buddies 2016 Newcomers Welcome

I tested today just to get any daft doubts out of my mind and it was bfn so she'll be on her way. I'm normally a 28 day cycle with a 15 day lp, so I'm going from when I o'd based on a normal lp - so she would be due tomorrow. Not holding my breath though :coffee:

Bronte :hugs: sorry, this must be a rough week for you hun :hugs: you've got lots to look forward to now. You're on a new road, one that will hopefully lead to getting you all you've dreamed of :hugs:

Bee - eeeee good luck for Friday. Fx it goes as planned! Xx

Bee - yippee, for starting soon! It would have been hard to turn down Marseille. Sounds exciting. I'd love to live in another country, at least for a brief time. Experiencing other cultures is a huge passion of mine. We'll be in Madrid for a few days at the end of our trip, so I'll let you know what I think. However, we were in southern Spain a few years ago and loved it. But yes the TTC life definitely has a way of taking things over. We've gotten better about not planning things around it now, since it's so unpredictable. But now that we are starting IVF it's going to be hard not to plan everything in life around it.

Mrs. U - good luck on gearing up for next cycle then. Hopefully the length comes back down to a more normal range for you.

eek! Totally let me know how Madrid is. Spain is a country that neither of us has been to yet but it sounds so cool. I do kind of regret how much we have planned around TTC this past year. We've missed a lot and all for nothing. But I try not to be too hard on myself about it. I can't wait until my life is no longer dictated by this. It's def unavoidable going the assisted conception route. :cry: I really want this to be my cycle because I have a trip planned for June during the fertile month. And if next month works, I'm too terrified to go anywhere until the pregnancy is confirmed in my uterus. I'm sure you understand that too. Since I could have died during my last pregnancy, I'm going to be super scared for the first couple of weeks! :nope:

Ah Madrid is lovely. DH booked a surprise break there for us a few years ago for my birthday. It's smaller than most European cities but it's beautiful!

Haha were all typing at the same time! Of course we all totally understand about wanting to be at home bee. And especially with what you went through before. But you'll be monitored so closely this time, hopefully that will ease your mind just a little bit.

I hate that it's taken over the past 6 months of our lives. I can't even believe it's been that long! I know it's nothing compared to what you guys have gone through though :hugs: let's just hope we all get there quickly now. Xx

are you near London Unicorn? I can't remember. I'm obsessed with London!!

Nope, other end of the country. Near a city called Newcastle near ish to the Scottish border. I go to London loads for work and my best mate lives there too. London is massive, been going for years and still feel a bit lost in it!

aw that's so cool! We want to plan a fall trip to Europe of course depending on what our TTC situation is and we wanted to try somewhere new but my best friend and BF are going to London in Oct and now we are tempted to join them for a few days there! It is massive but DH and I are both big city people which is probably why we adore it so much. He grew up in Bombay so he thinks most major cities are small :haha: we couldn't get over the amount of greenery in London. so many gardens and open spaces for a big city :flower:

eek! Totally let me know how Madrid is. Spain is a country that neither of us has been to yet but it sounds so cool. I do kind of regret how much we have planned around TTC this past year. We've missed a lot and all for nothing. But I try not to be too hard on myself about it. I can't wait until my life is no longer dictated by this. It's def unavoidable going the assisted conception route. :cry: I really want this to be my cycle because I have a trip planned for June during the fertile month. And if next month works, I'm too terrified to go anywhere until the pregnancy is confirmed in my uterus. I'm sure you understand that too. Since I could have died during my last pregnancy, I'm going to be super scared for the first couple of weeks! :nope:

I hear you on being scared. I'm fully prepared for a hellish couple of first weeks during pregnancy, if it happens. Is "momzilla" a thing? If so, I will totally be that person and probably demand to have an ultrasound every week. I tried to get in before my tube ruptured previously since I knew something wasn't right, but as soon as they hear "first time pregnancy," I think they dismiss a lot of your concerns. At least the doctors at the time did. I learned a lot from the situation and will not mess around this time and won't take no for an answer. I'm sure the RE's are used to that and can help at the beginning. I'm probably going to need those relaxation apps the entire pregnancy then.

So jealous of where you live Mrs. U! Newcastle looks beautiful! I've never been to London either and would love to visit. I was set to go there awhile ago while I was studying abroad in Paris, but the weekend before we were to leave there were several bombings in the metros (the ones back in 2005) and my friends and I decided to forgo the trip. I've been wanting to get back there sometime, but it never seems to work out.

Its funny you say that because brits always joke about how little greenery there is in London!! There's a lot of banter between northerners and southerners in the uk about how a southerner doesn't know what grass or trees are! Yeah, we're an odd bunch! I guess compared to the north of the U.K. it's very built up but compared to other world cities it's not. It is great though. Very diverse, lots of different food, art and music.

Where abouts are you in the US bronte?

Yeah newcastle is nice. We actually live about 8 miles out on the north east coast. The beach is my saviour, I love walking down there!

I hear you on being scared. I'm fully prepared for a hellish couple of first weeks during pregnancy, if it happens. Is "momzilla" a thing? If so, I will totally be that person and probably demand to have an ultrasound every week. I tried to get in before my tube ruptured previously since I knew something wasn't right, but as soon as they hear "first time pregnancy," I think they dismiss a lot of your concerns. At least the doctors at the time did. I learned a lot from the situation and will not mess around this time and won't take no for an answer. I'm sure the RE's are used to that and can help at the beginning. I'm probably going to need those relaxation apps the entire pregnancy then.

this breaks my heart to hear this! you know, since joining these threads it seems that most tubal ectopics go this way and I find that horrible. I've even met ladies who come on here complaining about pain, having doctors dismiss them and asking questions to the community only to have their tube rupture during this process. it's so horrifying. in fact, that happened to someone at the beginning of this thread! I wonder how she is doing.

That part of the struggle I cannot relate to. My cervical ectopic had no pain and I knew nothing at the time about so many of these complications, so it was def my doctors fueling the search for answers. I am so sorry that you and so many others had to go through that. I hope we get to be preggers at the same time together because we will totally just "get it"! :hugs: I am generally not a cautious person so I feel silly with how debilitating I know my fear is going to be, but I know it's justified and I can't be so hard on myself. It's nice that someone else understands.

Bee - I've noticed that as well that many tubal ectopics seem to rupture after even being monitored. My pain was much more centralized and I had spotting, so I think since it wasn't technically sharp pains on one side they dismissed it and just thought i was overreacting and rudely told me "go to the hospital if it's bad enough, but until 8 weeks there's nothing we can do." After it definitely got really bad and ruptured, the ER doctors further dismissed my concerns and sent me home, because they misread my ultrasound and thought my pain levels had subsided enough (duh it subsided, because the rupture released the stabbing pain sensation). They wanted me to come back the next day to get shots to end the pregnancy, since no one was apparently there that could do it at the time. I had nothing but problems from those doctors and had assumed it was just their incompetence. But reading about stuff later and on these boards, does make me see how common this actually is. Which is very sad. It's scary because that seems like it should be something that could be seen easily on scans, but I guess maybe it's not. I have much more confidence in my current doctors though and I've learned how to become a better advocate for myself!

And I'd love to be pregnant at the same time. My fingers are so crossed for you right now!

Mrs. U. - I'm currently in Indiana, which is probably one of the most boring states, unless you like Indy car racing or corn (which who doesn't love corn?). But we are slowly catching up to the rest of the states and offering more exciting things to do.

wow bronte I can't believe that. even though I've read so many similar stories, it still shocks me. That they didn't even see it post ruptured on the US?! arghhhhh. I met a women on here who went 13 weeks with a tubal ectopic so that was post 12 week ultrasound. I just don't get it. makes me so thankful for my docs - mostly the ultrasound tech. I want to do something nice for her. I haven't seen her since. cervical ectopics are like - SOOOOOO rare so when I've heard of others having them, they are almost always undetectable because most techs don't even know what to look for. she was amazing and she probably saved my life. I will totally cry and hug her when I see her next!

oh and I had to laugh about your description of Indiana. I looooove corn! lol :haha: I've only driven through Indiana on the way to Chicago!

You did have an angel as an ultrasound tech, Bee. It would be lovely to see her again. Hope you get to. It's nice to hear positive stories about doctors, nurses, and techs fighting to find out what the problem is. Love that! Most of them, I'm sure are like that, and I definitely don't think my doctors didn't try. Cervical ectopics are super rare, but ectopics in general are pretty rare as well in the big scheme of pregnancies. So I'm assuming if they haven't gotten alot of experience with it, then they don't know what to look for and are just going with the most common symptoms, which some people might not fit. Hopefully they get better training in the future.

It is so shocking girls, so sorry you both had to go through something so awful. I was chatting to a woman on here just after my mc and she feared an ectopic and the docs just pushed her away. Anyway it was ectopic in the end, she went through such a horrible time of it. It shocked me then that they couldn't or wouldn't investigate the possibility.

We'd love to see more of the US. We did a 17 day road trip around California for our honeymoon, we loved it! We'd like to do something similar on the east (DH wants to do the southern states though) maybe when we've got 2 little ones (fx) well not too little. Maybe when they'd be old enough to enjoy it.

Mrs. U. you should definitely visit the states again when you can. The East cost has much more exciting things to see in my opinion. But it depends on where you go in the south. Road trips are lots of fun though!

Af has arrived!!!!! :thumbup::happydance::yipee: with strong cramps :growlmad::dohh::hissy: but so glad my lp hasn't changed!

Bee and Bronte-I am so sorry you guys had to go through that. It's such a blessing you both recovered physically (I never downplay that emotionally will never fully be recovered :shrug:)

It's so awesome to see where everyone lives and realize that this one little thread has brought us all together. I'm out in Dallas, Texas (and no, I don't own a horse). I love this state and Dallas is a city with SO much to offer. I always recommend a visit :happydance:

I finally got a "high" on my clear blue fertility monitor today and am now just waiting for a peak. Usually I O around CD 17, so we will see if the strips have been wrong the past 8 months.

Bee-if I remember, we have almost identical cycles right?

Mrs U- yay, I know it's hard but at the same time, nice to start a new cycle with another chance :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->