• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC #1 AL Buddies 2016 Newcomers Welcome

mrs u - yay for AF ....because I think this cycle is going to be it!!

thanks melissa :hugs: sweet of you to mention the emotional recovery because you're right - it's never the same. but hopefully my body has bounced back and is ready for another pregnancy because I sure have been! my opk was also "high" today. just a regular strip but I've been doing them for almost a year now - should be positive tomorrow! I go in for an ultrasound because I am getting and IUI done. my DH is coming with me. if I'm ready to go they will just do the insemination then. otherwise I'll come back on the weekend for it. so we should be really close and can wait out the TWW together :hugs:

I was in Austin last year. never been to Dallas though but thought Austin was super cool!

MrsU - :hugs: I hope you were prepared for it and AF came as a relief as it was for me. One more physical hurdle cleared. Cheers to January babies!

Bee and Mel - Hooray for O :yipee:. Wishing you a stress-free tww :haha: I feel silly writing that. Scratch it - go as mad as you need to. We'll all be here the whole way :)

Bronte - Hope you and DH found a way to relax and enjoy it. I know it must be a challenge :hugs:. You are definitely not the worst! In fact, from this side of things you are inspiring and amazing :flower:

This may be my fertile window talking (hooray feel good NTs) even though I'm not entirely sure if I'm in it yet or not, but I love this little support group we have going here ❤️. So fortunate to have each and one of you here (and bee I do hope ND is doing well too). Our babies are within our reach ladies :baby: ✨

Mrs. U. - so sorry AF got you, but it's probably a relief to know at least, since you had some doubts this cycle. I also feel like you are going to have a lucky cycle soon! Hang in there.

Melissa - thanks for the kind words. I love Dallas and have an uncle that lives there, so we visit every so often. You are correct it's a lovely city to visit! It is neat to see where everyone is from and know that TTC has brought us all together. Good luck this month. Excited to see what happens at the end of your TWW.

Bee - I'm sending you massive hugs. :hugs: I'm so excited to hear about your results tomorrow and I really hope this IUI is a success. You really deserve some good news.

Les - you are such a sweetheart. Thanks so much for the kind words. I agree completely, I love the support going on and it's great to be a part of. I can't believe you are almost in your fertile window again, you have some quick cycles. Fingers crossed for you!!

As for me, I had an ultrasound this morning and everything looked great. I also can't tell you how impressed I am every time I go into the RE's office. It is clear everyone enjoys their job there and that's very refreshing to see. I had a lovely chat with the ultrasound tech and she said everything looks great. No fluid in my tubes (which there was a bit of a concern about) and my lining looks "fantastic." All more good news. It feels nice, because for awhile it felt like everything related to TTC or being pregnant was bad news after bad news. Finally feels like things are starting to turn around and makes me feel reassured that the decision to pursue IVF was a good one. I know it's still a long road and there's so much that can go wrong during this time, but for right now it's reassuring.

As an aside, the ultrasound tech and I started talking about ectopics this morning and she mentioned that she's been doing U/S for about 8 years and has only seen 3 ectopics. That's fascinating to me and probably confirms what we were talking about of why sometimes doctors don't know what to do. So another reason to hug your ultrasound tech, Bee.

Ugh! That pg girl that I mentor just opened some baby gifts from some of the other younger supervisors right in front of me. I feel like such an a**, but I booked it out of there and I'm now sitting in my car crying :cry:. I called DH, but he couldn't pick up and I feel like talking to my best friend will just make her feel like she can't bring her son around me. I figured you all would understand. This stinks! Bah, I was feeling so positive and focused on the future this morning too :(. I've been ok being around her, but I guess it's just bc I don't focus on it...but this brought it right back up to my attention. I know it's not a competition, but it still hurts 💔. Grabbing a bagel or something and trying to shake this off before heading back in. Thank goodness I have this flexibility!

les- Oh no! I am so sorry you had to go through that. I know how hard it is! I have been to three baby showers in the past month, 2 of them for people that weren't even trying (and one complained about her pregnancy the whole shower). It is so natural to feel hurt, frustrated, mad, jealous and all the emotions in between.

All of our time will come. When it does, I'm genuinely concerned that they are all going to be so spoiled because we want them so bad:rofl:

Just know, the positive energy you had early and the happiness you had is still in there, so find it and prepare yourself for another great month!:hugs:

Les - I'm so sorry. That has to be incredibly hard since you work with her frequently. Sending you a big hug. Hope you had a good cry. I find that helps sometimes.

Melissa - I agree that all our kids will probably be spoiled because they are so loved.

So I love looking through these forums and seeing old threads where the ladies went through MCs but now years later they all have babies in their arms and still check in on how all is going now and again. It gives me hope ❤️. I'm thinking about updating the first post with out UNs, MCs, and where we're at in TTC. Totally optional, but if you want to be added let me know :). Maybe we can give other women that same hope one day!

Good idea Les, I love the summary stuff and would love to be added. Most of my info is in my signature but if you need anything else let me know.

I really enjoy looking at the success stories as well. It helps me keep positive it what can become fairly dark days sometimes.

Bee - posting this early bc I know by the time I can check in again you all will be hours ahead of me. Thinking of you. Hope your appointment goes perfectly :hugs:

Leson - sorry you had a rubbish day yesterday. I hope these kind of things get easier for us one day, I'm sure they will but it'll take time I think. I've been ok this week but then we got card from our friends saying 'thinking of you' type thing and their kind words made me cry. Then I get frustrated. We don't want to be the couple this happened to! Anyway, you're in your fertile week - the best week of the cycle right. Keep those hopes up high, it could be the one! Oh yes, and I love the idea of the update but at the front. I was hoping we'd all stay together for a good long while. (just incase you need a reminder. MMC march 2016 after 3 cycles of TTC, back to TTC April 2016) X

Mel - good luck for your fertile week! And yes!!! Our lo's will be so spoiled! I bought loads of generic baby clothes before the mc. They are hidden away at the moment but I know once I get my bfp and get to a more confident stage I'll be out shopping all the time!! I know it's a waste as they grow so quick but I don't care!

Bronte - glad all went well with you appt. What's your next step now?

Bee - good luck for your appt today!

Thanks for your kind words guys but I'm totally ok with af being here - that will be the last time I say that for sure! Actually she's behaving, no cramping and just like she normally is (so far). Roll on next week!!

I also love that I get to learn about the USA on here. My knowledge isn't great - you are such a massive country to get to know, so it's nice to get ideas of where you all are. X

Loving all the love and support in this thread, thank you ladies for starting it! Husband and I just lost our first yesterday at 8 weeks, OB said wait 2 months to try again. Getting blood work done soon to make sure all my levels are normal and there's no clotting issue. So glad to see we're not alone. <3

Jackie - First, it saddens me to see you here, but we welcome you with open hearts. Miscarriage is devastating, but it helps to know that you're not alone :hugs:

I read your post in the mc support section too, and I'm so very sorry for what you're going through right now :cry:. I was in your shoes not too long ago. I wrote a lot in my journal here while bawling my eyes out on DH's shoulder then. It was (and still is) a cathartic process for me. My brother was a big support. He called me a bit more and let me just talk about other things if I needed to. I isolated myself for a bit, and that's ok too. My best friend worried, but I needed the space. There is unfortunately nothing that we can say or do to take away the sadness. I still feel it in my core every day. You learn to live with this odd mix of deep sadness for what was and could have been and bright hope for what might be. Right now, take time for yourself and feel whatever it is you can each day. As your body moves forward, your heart will too...best it can...but all of that takes time. We're here if you need to share what you're feeling and know you're not alone :hugs2:

MrsU - So glad AF is behaving. I know your friend is being kind and sweet, but it's hard to get reminders like that. I think instead of sympathy flowers we all need "yay, your first AF is here" or "hooray you didn't slap that complaining pg woman" or "wohoo you survived your first RE appointment" flowers. &#127803;&#127800;&#127804;&#127800;

Jackie - I'm so sorry for your recent loss. You are definitely not alone and this is a wonderful community that can provide support since unfortunately there are lots of us here that know the sadness you are experiencing now. It's never easy losing a child--no matter how young-- and your life with forever be changed because of it.

I also read your other post and I felt many of the same things you are going through. Hang in there and yes, we are here if you need to talk.

Mrs. U. - my doctor was out of town this week so I have to wait until Monday to see what he says about proceeding. However, it's really us deciding when we want to move forward now. I'm trying to lose weight so that's my focus now. I think our goal is to start in June. My parents are lovingly loaning us the money for everything which I'm incredibly grateful for. It will help lesson the worry of having to pay back things quickly.

Les - Ha. They definitely need cards that say those things at least.

Jackie - I'm so sorry for your loss. I also read your other post. It's the most heart breaking, soul destroying thing. My advice is feel whatever you need to, do whatever you need to. For me that was cry and do nothing for a good 2-3 weeks. Initially I had my mum and sil by my side to help me work through it, but once the mc was over everyone had to go back to normal life so I felt like I had too also, but really struggled. It wasn't, and still isn't, over for me. (Or any of us) My best friend also doesn't know what to say. But these ladies on this site have helped me through the worst few weeks of my life. We all know how hard it is and we are here for you. It does get easier in time I promise. Not easy, but easier. Going back to your other post - if you want to get something to remember your little bean by then you should. I considered it, but in the end decided against it. You'll never forget them whether you have an object there or not. You have plenty of time to decide either way.

Bronte - keep us posted on your health and fitness! I desperately need some inspiration. I really want to lose some weight (about a stone would be good, but I'd be happy with half) but just don't have the motivation!

Les - love the card ideas!

Les, Bronte, MrsU- thank you all so much for your kind words of encouragement. Today has been a better day-saw a movie with my DH, ate our favorite fast food, got a new video game to distract us for a while. We're enjoying the ups while they last and enduring the tears when they come. I am feeling hopeful.

Jackie - so glad you are having a better day and can find some hope. That will be helpful. I lost my first due to an ectopic 7 years ago and it has definetly gotten easier with time. But sadness still hits me randomly at times and you never forget. It's great you have gotten out and about. Distractions are always helpful.

Bee - I really hope your procedure went well. I'm excited to hear about it.

Several of you are about to enter the TWW correct? I'm there as well just hanging mostly.

I've been incredibly irritated the last few days, mostly with several work situations that I don't feel are fair. And when I feel slighted or taken advantage of, I kind of get overly dramatic, passive aggressive, and passionately state my strong opinions. As a result, I have not been the most pleasant to be around. I'm already starting to wonder how I'm going to balance everything with being on meds for IVF. Not looking forward to even worse mood swings. I'm probably going to bite several people's heads off. I almost feel like I should warn them but I don't really want most people to know.

Jackie - glad to hear you are feeling hopeful and you've had a good day.

Bronte - I wouldn't worry about biting anyone's head off. They'll get over it :rofl: if the meds make you super hormonal there's nothing you can do about it, and worrying about other people won't make you feel any better. I understand you not wanting to tell anyone too. The last thing you want is all those questions of 'Do you think you're pregnant this time' etc etc.

Aw I'm only cd4! Boring! But af has pretty much gone now so that's good (3ish days is normal for me!) DH and I were talking about booking a holiday for July yesterday. We don't want to go away if I'm pregnant though. Infact DH won't book it until we know at the end of June! Plus we're going to try and book it for my fertile week so that pretty much means we'd have to book it 2 weeks before we go! Are we mad or what?! Thing is I need something to look forward to / make me exercise. The thought of putting a bikini on is always enough to get me exercising. I really hope we don't get to go away (I have never said that before, I love going away!) fx we get our sticky bfp before then.

mrs u - hopefully they do get over it. I still feel bad (at least for most of the people in my life).

Also, you don't seem silly for planning trips (or holiday as you all call it, which I love :)) around TTC. I really hope you get your sticky bean before then. Most doctors think traveling during your first trimester is fine and getting away might even help you de-stress. But I get it can by harder after a loss and you want to be extra careful. I will say though that awhile ago I used to plan everything around TTC and I think I was making myself go crazy. You have to find a nice balance, otherwise you start resenting the fact you aren't pregnant even more. Make sure to still live your life like you want to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->