• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC #1 AL Buddies 2016 Newcomers Welcome

Jackie that sounds absolutely perfect :). You will get through this :hugs:

MrsU - I think a trip is a wonderful idea! That's why I asked DH to plan a backpacking weekend for my bday. It just rained a ton here though and I'm sick so it might be a mountain bnb and hiking weekend instead. I think we might plan something for July as that will be the next hard month for me. It really is hard though not knowing if you'll be pg or how you'll feel. I totally get it.

Bronte - I totally get that feeling, but I know in my heart that it will be worth it. When you're holding that baby all those mood swings will be a blur. That's so amazing that your parents are giving you that gift!!! I know my mom would do it in a heartbeat too. All she can talk about is grandkids and how badly she wants them. It's gotten a bit worse since my cousin announced that he and his wife are expecting. He's the son of my mom's youngest brother, and this will be their 3rd grandchild. I get it, but it's a bit hard to handle sometimes. Hope the tww is treating you well! I should be there later this week.

AFM - Celebrating my bday with family and friends this weekend even though I've come down with a bad cold &#129298;. Tbh, I don't feel much like celebrating this bday. It's hard to celebrate when you dreamed of it being different. When I was pg, I thought about what sort of mocktail I could have and that I'd probably be showing a bit and what I'd feel up for. It helps that it's right bang in the middle of my fertile week. All those feel good NTs are lifting my spirits and the thought that we could be making our next baby right now helps soothe the pain a bit. DH is so amazing this cycle. He knows it's baby making time without me saying and he kept us on track yesterday when I probably would have just crawled into bed feeling gross. Guess he might catch this cold from me now too &#128513;. It's good to feel like I'm not alone in the planning part of TTC now <3.

Fx we get some wonderful news in here this month :dust:

Les - hope you feel better and have a great birthday. How convenient it's during your fertile window so you can do some celebrating.

The mountain BnB and hiking trips sounds very relaxing. That definetly might be better than backpacking trip which does seem quite a challenge if you are pregnant. Really it seems a challenge even without being pregnant :)

I know my parents are excited for grandkids from us too, despite already having 8. My sister just had a MMC in November last year, so I think they were sad and already looking forward to more.

Leson - happy birthday, lovely!!! I hope you manage to celebrate a little even if you don't feel up to much. And it's so nice that your DH is super supportive and enthusiastic about the bd schedule! It's easy to forget sometimes that they want it just as much as we do. I really hope it's your cycle, how amazing would it be for it to happen around your birthday?!

Bronte - you are right. I do worry a lot about what to do over the next few months/rest of the year. I'm torn between not letting the possibility of being pregnant stop us from doing things (although that seems to be winning at the moment) and not planning too much incase we might have to cancel or if it could be harmful to TTC. It's so hard to know what to do. Sometimes I want to literally stop doing everything just incase but then realistically how long can you keep that up for, and also like you say, not let it crush you every time you're not pregnant. I know you struggle with this too Leson. It drives me mad! I think that's why I'm so anxious about how long it'll take.

Help! Trying not to let the opks and Oing later than usual drive me batty this cycle. Getting a pretty solid line on my opk this evening, but it could still be a few days before it goes dark. Unless this cold messes with things should be a + by Tuesday at the latest. That's just 2 days right? So 1 opk tomorrow and 1 Tuesday? Hold me to it! Trying to decide if I want to just keep BDing until O or continue with every other day. Guess we'll see how I'm feeling after another nap :sleep:

What day did you o before? Last cycle was cd14 so it's looking like it could be around cd13/14 based in your opks. I'd say that given you are not 100% sure when you'll ov as it's changed since the mc two opks a day is ok. Morning and afternoon/evening whatever works best for you. Hope you are starting to feel better today. Try not to fret about bding, we know every other day is fine. But I also know that once you have a plan for each cycle you want to stick to it!!!

Whelp...I either O'd early despite negative opks...or I have a fever :(. I'm thinking the latter.

My first cycle ttc I had a cold during the TWW and my temps were up very high, but they were post o. Flippin things got my hopes up! Surely your opk would have been positive yesterday if you'd o'd early? Fx it's a fever (sorry that sounds horrible but you know what I mean!)

Haha yes I know what you mean. I suppose there's still a chance if it's O since we BD'd twice, but I have my fx that it's a fever too. Already wrote in to work to let them know I'm keeping my germs to myself for today. Guess temping is convenient in that regard!

Aw, hope you feel better soon love :flower: get plenty of rest and keep hydrated :hugs: Guess you might be breaking your 1 opk per day rule now !! :haha:

Good morning ladies!

I was out of town this weekend and had to catch up on all the chatter on here :)

Les- first off, happy birthday! I'm sorry you didn't feel well but impressed that you kept the Bding even with feeling yuck! I'm really crossing my fingers this is your month.

Jackie- I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Just know, this group is some of the very people going through and know what you're experiencing. It is easy to feel alone through this but I have found comfort in this thread and these ladies.:hugs:

Bee-I am so anxious to hear about your appointment yesterday! Praying all went well.

As for me, I think I told you guys I was starting with the Clear Blue Fertility Monitor this month. I typically have a 30-32 day cycle, ovulating on the 17th. The monitor makes you start testing CD6 through when you get your peak. It measures the rise in estrogen first (which gives you a high) and then measures your LH after to give you the peak. I've had highs since day CD14 and never hit a peak. I think I O'ed on Sunday but can't be sure. Apparently the monitor takes a month or so to start reading your cycle (which I wish I would have known sooner so I could have used my back up IC's to monitor O).

I'm feeling a little defeated entering this 2WW not knowing if I ovulating. Also-with being out of town, hubs and I only got to BD really late Friday night and then I left our Saturday. So if Sunday was O day, I only got a BD in 2 days before. :cry:

Les - hopefully you feel better. Sounds like it's a fever or just your cold in general messing with things.

Melissa - wow, what an incredibly advanced fertility monitor. If you haven't had ovulation issues in the past, I'm sure you ovulated. It's just a matter of when. But at least you got 1 day in during your fertile window. That's better than none! Try not to worry too much during your TWW.

Bronte-I am going to try my best! Worrying seems to be an everyday thing now. I have tried the "sit back, relax, let it happen" method but my type A personality takes over!!! Yes, this fertility monitor is crazy. I'm not sure my husband knows how much I actually spent on it :blush: but it's been pretty cool to see this cycle. I had been ovulating in the past (pregnant on month 4 of trying for my miscarriage).

Time is a funny thing, sometimes it flies, sometimes (like when TTC) it creeps by.

We were actually able to BD Tues, Thurs, Fri (and Friday was at like 1:30am because I was staging a property extremely late that night). So maybe I could count it Saturday.:dohh:

I hope everyone's Monday is going as great as a Monday can be.

Today was my and DH's first day back at work. It was more difficult than we thought... being back where the nightmare started. I'm almost wondering if we went back too soon? It just seemed better than being home alone with my thoughts. On a positive note got my progesterone levels back from last week so that's not an issue like I had worried it was.

Thank you all again for the love and well wishes. This forum gets me through the day

Melissa - yeah "sit back and relax" is just hard in general. How on earth can you relax when telling yourself to relax :) I know it's much easier said then done. I just like to keep myself busy so I don't have a ton of extra time to focus on things too much. Sounds like you got a few days in. If you did O on Sunday some of the days earlier in the week might have worked too. Depending on the conditions and a lot of factors, sperm can live for several days. So I totally think you are fine for the month. Fingers crossed it's a lucky month.

Jackie - so sorry, hon. That has to be hard but I agree even if it's a challenge going back to a regular schedule and finding things to occupy your time will help you not focus on your loss. Hang in there. That is a plus your progesterone levels were in range though!

As for me, my husband and I talked it over, looked at the calendar really well, and got back all the necessary results, and should be starting IVF in late June. Hopefully there shouldn't be too many more barriers. We are excited!! Also my husband was extremely cute and already hopes we get pregnant soon in the process since he can take all next summer off and then put in for sabaticle for the following semester. So he is apparently ready, which he hasn't shown the most enthusiasm at times so this is good. But as with anything there is no way it's going to go as exactly planned. Just hoping I don't have to go through a ton of cycles.

Hello ladies. I hate to be back here, as I'm sure you all do. :/ I lost my first baby in 2014 at 13 weeks. It was physically and emotionally traumatic, I never thought something like that could ever happen. 4 months later I was pregnant again. Very anxious, but all my scans looked great. Until 20 weeks. My cervix was basically gone and I delivered my baby a week later. And now , this February I got another BFP. Unfortunately I found out last Thursday that baby stopped growing 3 weeks ago. I'm crushed. I honestly don't know how soon I'll try again, but it's nice to be in a group with other ladies who've experienced loss and also don't have living children. Other people in my life don't understand. :hugs:

Mel - That sounds like a really neat device. Hope you get that BFP and won't even need it to learn your cycle! I could never sneak a purchase by DH. He watches our finances like a hawk on mint! We still have our own accounts + a joint, but they're all kinda fluid and all in one place so we can see the big picture.

Jackie - Being back at work can be tough depending. For me it's hard bc no one knows. I'm not ready for them to know that we're TTC let alone that we miscarried. It's so hard to just pretend that you're ok when you're crumbling inside. I took 2 days off and then went back. The first week everyone just thought I was recovering from a bad flu. I didn't really eat that first week either, so that probably just added to the sick look I had. I still have my moments now, but it does get easier <3.

Bronte - Progress! And that's amazing that DH is so into it &#127881;. I love it when my hubby shows that he wants it just as much (and sometimes more) than me! I hope upon every hope that June is the only cycle you'll need! &#128522;

Tcinks - As sad as I am to see you here, I'm happy to provide whatever support I can as you go through this once again :hug:. We're all in different stages...some back TTC, some healing from a recent loss and wtt, some now down the path of IUI or IVF...so please feel free to pop in when you need support no matter where you're at. While it's important to let yourself feel, distractions can be valuable as well. Do you have a favorite distraction?

tcinks - I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through. Sending you massive hugs. So sorry to hear about your latest loss. That's sad to hear you don't have anyone in your life that understands, but that is such a plus to these boards. No matter where we all live or the experiences that brought us here, we have all lost at least 1 child and are just trying to survive the best way we know how. Hope you get some rest and can begin to sort through your feelings.

Jackie - getting back to the real world is so hard. I struggled with it the first week back. I was angry that I had to pretend that I was ok and could get on with everything as if nothing had happened, when I really didn't feel that way. I had my ERPC on a Friday and went back on the Monday, but I'd already had 10 days off at that point as we found out over a week before the ERPC. The distraction and routine can be helpful but don't worry if you struggle at first. Again it's one of those things that gets easier with time.

tcinks - I am so sorry you are having to go through this again. Once is hard enough so I cannot imagine how you are feeling at the moment. I saw your thread about this loss, I hope you were able to choose the procedure you wanted in the end. Like the girls said, we are unfortunately all in the same boat here, but it means we can support each other in a way that others can't. Look after yourself and pop by whenever you need to. Xx

Bronte - fantastic news! June will be here before you know it! Do you have to do anything before then, any appointments?

Mel - that does sound like an awesome machine! If it's working for you it's worth every penny! I use the IC opks but if DH knew how much I've spent on hpts he wouldn't be pleased. Well actually he'd probably just roll his eyes, I think he gave up trying to reason with my obsessing years ago!! :rofl:

Les - hope you're feeling better soon, and fx you get that +opk soon too.

AFM - cd 6 (yawn) but bding starts in 2 days - yey! I've been taking EPO again this cycle and already noticing more cm. I took it on the bfp cycle so fx!

So my temp was taken at 3 am with only 2 hours of uninterrupted sleep. I tried to take it at 1 am but I kept coughing and spitting out the thermometer. Clearly not an accurate temp but it is all I have for today. Last cycle was the saga of the opks. This cycle it's the saga of the temps. I seriously have no clue. Guess I'll keep on temping and BDing. I feel like Monica in that one episode of friends, trying to seduce Chandler while sick. DH is way easier though :haha:

hi girls! sorry I've been so MIA. at least I've been keeping busy as it's officially the tww :coffee:

jackie - welcome! :hugs: I didn't see your other post, but I'm sure I can find it easily. I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you can ease back into work without too much heartache. My situation was a little different with a rare ectopic (I was off for three weeks then my grandfather passed away so I was off for another week - a month in all!) but going back was super hard. In a way it was better than being at home sulking, but it mostly sucked. I work with pregnant women teaching pre-natal and post-natal education so I'm surrounded by (mostly unwanted) babies all day, every day. I really hope that your work is understanding and that your time before your next pregnancy is brief (if that's what you are hoping for!) hugs! :hugs::hugs:

tcinks - I am also so sorry for you having yet another loss. I can't even imagine. honestly my biggest fear is losing another baby so I really can't say I know what you are going through but I hope we can offer some understanding and support. I do feel like not having any living children creates a very special situation that is not the same when living children are part of the picture. I have no "real" distractions from this pain and sadness - just distractions that I put in to play and make up. I think us women here really just "get it". I hope you find that too. hugs!!! :hugs::hugs:

les - happy bday girl!!! I'm sorry you aren't feeling well and that the temps are acting up as a result. I had a fever in oct and it made my chart look awesome (in the tww). :dohh: feel better shortly !! :hugs:

mrsu - yay for bding about to begin! I am having really good vibes for you this cycle. :happydance:

bronte - I hope june is here before you know it! I'm so excited that you have a plan!!! it seems like everything else is working properly for you so I'm thinking first time ivf success! :happydance:

melissa - how frustrating about never getting that peak. I'd be like you and super questioning, but it's safe to say you o'ed and that the monitor will be all caught up next month. :haha: I almost bought one of those too! but then I started temping and realized that gave me enough of my answers. a lot of people think it's a pain though. I love it! odd, I know. It's the scientist in me I suppose. I assume you're a realtor then? How fun! and I'm like you - I just ordered an $80 dog bed (for my 8lb) dog that I know he wouldn't be thrilled with :haha: luckily we have separate accounts so :shhh: FX for you!!

afm - most of you saw my recent updates in my journal - I had my IUI on saturday, sadly the day AFTER I o'ed but the doc didn't seem worried about that. so here I am again in the TWW thinking mostly no but maybe :shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->