TTC #1 AL Buddies 2016 Newcomers Welcome

les- sorry AF got you this month but I agree, May is going to be a lucky month!!!

Aayla- wow that is a long LP, I'm jealous. I typically have 29-30 day cycles o'ing on 17/18. That only gives me about an 11-12 day LP.

I go in today for my blood work follow up. I am excited/nervous. I will be on later to update you guys!!:happydance:

mrs u - good luck this month. I'll keep my Fx for you that it's your month! We need some good news in here! Sounds like you might have some symptoms (though it's so hard to tell).

aayla - hope you get it worked out. I hate having to schedule BD time too, but sometimes it's necessary. My husband and I are on opposite schedules it seems sometimes too.

les - so sorry AF got you, but at least you know. Here's to a lucky May month for everyone!

mel - Fx everything comes back normal. Good luck girl!

Mel - good luck with the results!

Bronte - I definitely have lots of little things going on since yesterday, but like you say, this could well be my normal stuff now! Guess I'll know soon enough....

Mel, hoping for good results!

Bee, good vibes ur way!

Mrs u, everything crossed luv!

Aayla, awesome af showed (this time)! Time to get the ball rolling again!

Raine, hope the next month flys by hun.

Hi orange, sorry for ur loss. U came to the right place, these ladies r the best!

Hi Bronte! Lol

Les, I should be right there with u on the 4th. I just feel absolutely nothing, no twinges, no bloating no boob pain. Blah!

I did have a nice dream last night. Dreamt I took several pg tests, all positive. But one test actually had my due date on it n I read March 4. I remember saying in my dream, is this really happening? Is this really? I was convinced I wasn't sleeping n it was real life. Lol a sign maybe...?

Richiees-- That's a nice dream to have! I had a dream like that not too long ago where I had several positive pregnancy tests. Of course nothing ever came of mine since it was right around the time I had my D&C. I hope yours does come true! What a great story that would make!!

Les: sorry af showed up.

Afm: cd 2. Although next to nothing in flow but since this isn't a real cycle and my lining was pretty thin a week or so ago I don't expect much. But I can start my letrozole tomorrow!! So excited.

Well, as my doctor said "the good news is all your labs are textbook perfect, the bad news is all your labs are textbook perfect." lol :wacko: Pretty much everything looks great, which means if something is wrong it's something that takes a deeper diagnosis. She said she is a little concerned that I am ovulating so late in my cycle (it has been as late as day 19) and is wanting me to try clomid for a couple cycles. So I start that today. Had to let hubby know about the increase chance of multiples :blush:

bee-let me know about your stuff next week, I am so excited for your second month with IUI. I just know it will be your month!

Richees- that is such a good dream. I love those dreams and can't wait till they are realities for all of us

Anyone ever taken clomid before? I don't want to get my hopes too high with it.

Oh yes Melissa - I know that news all too well. Good news, yes - but wtf is going on? Lol. But I love your obgyn taking action! That's wonderful. I'm on femara which is basically the same thing as femara. I'm on the lowest dose possible because I do ovulate on my own. Luckily they are checking my eggs and last month I just had one so that was good! But I think clomid is a little more likely to produce more than one. A friend started clomid last month and ovulated on her own but also only had one egg. So I actually wouldn't worry about that too much (seems silly saying because a month ago I was so panicked about it lol). Also, it moved my ovulation day up. I used to ovulate from days 14-18 with day 14 being rare but my first cycle on femara had me ovulate on day 13. So be ready for that in case ! I'm so excited for you. Do you have to wait til next cycle to start taking it ?

Oh yes Melissa - I know that news all too well. Good news, yes - but wtf is going on? Lol. But I love your obgyn taking action! That's wonderful. I'm on femara which is basically the same thing as femara. I'm on the lowest dose possible because I do ovulate on my own. Luckily they are checking my eggs and last month I just had one so that was good! But I think clomid is a little more likely to produce more than one. A friend started clomid last month and ovulated on her own but also only had one egg. So I actually wouldn't worry about that too much (seems silly saying because a month ago I was so panicked about it lol). Also, it moved my ovulation day up. I used to ovulate from days 14-18 with day 14 being rare but my first cycle on femara had me ovulate on day 13. So be ready for that in case ! I'm so excited for you. Do you have to wait til next cycle to start taking it ?

Yea, I'm trying not to freak with the idea of having multiples. At this point I just want a baby!!! I actually am on cycle day 5 and will start it today. EEk! I will let you know the status. I am really praying hard for you this month. I just feel it will be your month!:hugs:

Mel - that can be frustrating, especially when you are looking for answers. Glad she is being proactive and putting you on something to help. I've never taken Clomid, but lots of people on here sound like they have had success with it. I didn't realize it could help make you ovulate earlier too. There's so much to learn during this process. Did she have any suggestions as to what can actually make you be ovulating late in your cycle? Or is that something that can just happen regardless of hormone levels? Hoping for a normal amount of eggs for you. Will they check that around the time you ovulate or monitor you at all on the meds?

Bronte- I don't think she will be monitoring. It is kind of a wait and see game this first cycle on it. She said I will come in around O time next cycle if it doesn't work. Let's hope for success the first time so I won't have to. :happydance:

I was on clomid for 2 months and for me it didn't make me ovulate. Since you ovulate on your own that's not a worry for you. Now I am on letrozole/femara. While they both make you ovulate they are quite different in how they work in the body. I can't say anything to moving up O day as the first time I ovulated on femara it was cd 17 but for a 35 day cycle that is early. after my mc it changed to cd 19. now that I have had a break who knows.

the side effects to watch out for are hot flashes, moodiness and weight gain. If you are susceptible to weight gain then you really have to watch your diet. I gained 20 lbs in 2 months because I wasn't careful. the really bad effect is that it can make your lining thin.

as for the multiples...yes it does increase your chances, particularly if you are already ovulating on your own. But it is still only a max of 10%.

I'm not being monitored by my RE as well. and oh man did I get all sorts of snooty messages on one my threads about it. She basically called my doc a quack because they aren't monitoring me. I don't think it's always necessary and even in Canada, if you don't have extended medical, ultrasounds aren't cheap when done through a clinic.

Orange! I can't believe I missed welcoming you! I'm so sorry for your loss and hope you find support here. Thanks for joining. We're happy to have you :hugs:.

Bee - I'm rooting for you so hard this cycle girl! Work has been busy, but I want to drop by your journal and read up on how things are going for you soon!

Mel - I'm so glad everything checked out ok. I'm no help when it comes to Clomid, but two eggs should increase your chances each month right? So much of this is just chance. Every month is a roll of the dice even with perfectly healthy systems. Cheers to May 😊.

Aayla - Glad things are moving forward girl. I'm right behind ya and with my short LPs we might be cycle buddies for a bit!

Richees - Don't count yourself out! I always have all sorts of crazy PMS symptoms but my BFP cycle was so even and symptomless. Kmfx for you!

MrsU - So so hoping this is your cycle! Good for you for keeping the symptom spotting at bay. How is that garden of yours? Any concerts coming up?

Raine - Hope all is well for you and that you're having a great week!

Bronte - I am fighting the urge to hijack planning an itinerary for your trip! I love planning big trips and we won't be doing one this year. Do you have it mapped out? Any must sees?

Star - If you're out there, I hope you're doing ok :hugs:. You too tcink - lots of love your way <3

AFM: Sushi and sake date this Friday. Super happy my cramps aren't as bad as the last two AFs. Buyers released the deposit even though they're past our close date and dragging. Spending my energy on work and hoping that our condo closes in time to stick to the deadlines on our purchase. Hoping April AFs bring May BFPs (stealing that from elsewhere but love it)!

Also is it possible for our cycles to all sync up through the Internet, because it totally seems like that is happening :haha:. Thanks everyone for the support. It's absolutely invaluable to me <3

Since we've had a few more join us since I started the Wall of Inspiration, I will throw it out there again. If want to be added to the wall, let me know. No pressure or obligation at all &#128522;

Morning ladies - actually it's night for all of you! Bfn on a FRER today, pretty much counting myself out now. I know it's only 10 DPO but...meh, surely it'd be on a FRER by now. Going to test tomorrow on an IC before I crack open the wine Friday eve!

Mel - sorry there's no concrete answers for you but fx the clomid helps. I don't know much about it other than what I've learnt from this site, which is that plenty of women have success with it!

Aayla - sorry you had some unsupportive comments. I don't get that. This site is about supporting people not judging or criticsizing. You've probably worked it out already, but I can assure you there won't be anything like that on this thread.

Les - garden is looking ok. We've spent to last couple of weekends building/fixing/ painting. Still need some plants and flowers but it's snowed everyday this week (which is a bit odd for late April) so want to wait till the weather improves.

Don't count yourself out. I didn't get a positive until 13dpo. It is funny how so many just immediately count themselves out if 10 dpo is negative. How did this day become the magic number? No one is out until af shows up or you get blood work.

Thanks aayla. I don't know why I think that's it. Maybe because with my bfp I got a really good line on a FRER at 11 DPO but I didn't do one at 10dpo. So I'm just assuming it would be the same this time and doing one at 10 DPO would show up. Daft I suppose. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->