TTC #1 AL Buddies 2016 Newcomers Welcome

Thanks Bronte! She's a corgi so her life expectancy is around 14 years so we still have plenty of time with her. It was just a shock. She was a dog we had hoped our children could enjoy and now the reality is if we ever do have a successful pregnancy they might not remember her.

Bronte - re: prado, I had to drag DH out after several hours because I wasn't prepared to lose a whole day. Museums are great but I love actually seeing the city!!

AFM - bfn again, never mind. I was pretty p*ssed about it yesterday but ok today. At least my temps seem to be going back to normal so that's good - last cycle post ov did worry me slightly! I'm going to ban myself from testing before 11 DPO next cycle, or even later if I can. I can't hack it anymore. It never bothered me before but now it stresses me out way too much. I guess a lot of things change post mc!

Soy iso came in the mail today. Alil nervous but excited to try it!

I was doing some research on how to open up ur fallopian tubes (not that mine r blocked. I wouldn't have got pregnant if they were), but I was thinking, what if they're not as open as they're suppose to be. Maybe THATS y it took sooo long the first time. I love diagnosing myself lol.

I saw that serrapeptase is good for that kinda thing. It's made from silk worm n is suppose to eat any scar tissue n fluid. Read good things. Now I want to try that too for a few months! Just incase. Dh is gonna flip out when I bring it up lol

mrs u - well bummer on another negative. There's so much stress in this process. Do what works for you! Waiting might be better if testing early is stressful. Sending you hugs.

Richiesmom - I have one completely blocked tube (at the distal end near the ovary) and one surgically removed tube. So I've looked into serra quite a bit. I'm also a member of several Facebook groups for people taking it. You can do a search in Facebook to find them and ask to be added. Anyway, I've not heard anyone have issues with it but everyone I know that's taken them has had a confirmed diagnosis of blocked tubes. Lots of people have success clearing blockages with it. I'm not sure how it would work with mixing with soy iso though. But Clomid is often perscribed for ladies with one tube because it helps you ovulate from both ovaries and there's a better chance your good tube can do it's job then.

Is there a reason to believe you have blocked tubes? So sorry if you do. It kind of sucks. You got pregnant fine before though so that's a plus. You have to have at least one that's functioning. With one tube it can just take longer but my doctors all told me it's not much longer than average because the other tube can pick up the egg.

I decided against Serra in my case because of my advanced age (hate saying that, I'm not that old just in TTC years) and the functional damage my tubes likely went under and removing scar tissue wouldn't help that it could just be more likely to lead to another ectopic which scares me.

It's not a bad idea to get checked out if you are worried about stuff. An HSG test is standard to detect blockages in tubes. And several blood tests can tell you if you are ovulating or not.

Also I have very painful ovulations now which is a sign of tubal blockage.

MrsU - Those temps look great girl! They were already dropping by this time last cycle. I understand not wanting to hold out hope, but I'll do it for you anyway :hugs:

When I went for my 6 week pp exam, I asked my doc if it were possible that my tubes were blocked n she just said if they were then u wouldn't have gotten pregnant. So I didn't ask anything more. But that doesn't mean they can't be alil tight, or maybe one blocked. I'm just a very paranoid person! I could have a bad headache n swear it's a tumor idk about!

She also told me (bcuz I was worried about how long it took us to fall pg with richiee) to go back to her at the end of the yr if I'm not pg by then. But I just can't wait that long. So I want to try whatever I can by then.

I too was wondering what might happen mixing soy with serra. I googled but got nothing.

Richieesmom - see if you can find the Facebook groups for serra to ask them. If not I can post the question for you. However, just as a warning I'd be careful of taking stuff just on a whim. There's so many different factors that can cause infertility and you don't want to end up messing with the wrong one because it might not be the one that's causing yours and you could inadvertently make it take even longer to get pregnant. It doesn't sound like tubal issues are your problem, since you have gotten pregnant, don't have pain during ovulation, or a history of ectopics. I'd hate for you to invest time and energy into the wrong thing. Also as the girls mentioned before if you take soy iso and are already ovulating it can mess with stuff. However, on the flip side it could help. I don't know enough about soy iso to comment. I know others do though.

Hope you can get checked out to help alleviate your worries. I'm horrible at always wanting to self diagnosing myself as well. I thought I had every issue under the sun wrong with me: from thyroid to hormone issues to lining issues impacting implantation and everything in between. And now that I have been checked out I've found out all the things I worried about being issues are not even close to being my problem. So I was completely wrong.

In the meantime don't be afraid to ask questions of us or in another thread if you think it might be something. Chances are someone on this board has dealt with it and can give you some more info.

I know it's such a challenge not to want to give yourself the best shot by taking stuff to help. And if you do end up taking stuff, good luck. I hope it helps.

I'm also guilty of self-diagnosing but hesitant to mess with anything since I do seem to be Oing just fine and we know we can conceive now. I'm thinking it must be my LP. If average implantation is 8-10 DPO, but my temp usually drops at 10 DPO then I'm missing out on a third of that. I've decided recently that I'm going to try B6 and Magnesium to lengthen my LP. I've read up and there seem to be no ill effects at the recommended dosage. What's two more vitamins, right? 😅

Also Raine, after we move, I sooo want a corgi! I'm working today but will add you once I get a chance later today 😊

Same for you Richees. Will add when I get home later today 😄

bronte - I just had to sneak on to say that we booked our travel this morning and will be landing in Madrid a week from today! :happydance: when is your trip again??!

Hooray! Have such a good time bee :thumbup:❤️:happydance:!!!

Oh how fun and exciting. You must share all the fun places you visited while there. You will beat me. I don't leave until May 31. I think we'll be in Madrid itself from June 6-9. So excited for you. Have an awesome time.

Actually when it comes to O, I do have some pain, but that just started after I gave birth. Iv never felt ovulation pain before that. It's not crippling, more annoying than anything. Thank u for ur advice! I luv this place!

Les, that's the only thing I don't worry about lol. my lp is a good 2 weeks.

Bee, sounds amazing! I'm happily jealous of u n Bronte right now :)

Forgot to mention I took a hpt yesterday. Bfn. Duh. Af should be here by Wed.

Ok the wall has been updated. Let me know if any edits are needed. Cheers to getting some BFPs in there this month! :dust:

Sorry about the bfn RichieesMom :hugs:. Hope it was just too early!

Richieesmom - oh no. I've only felt ovulation pain since being pregnant as well. In my case it's because of scar tissue. I hope you can get seen sometime to help alleviate your worries. It does help to have some answers. Best wishes in the meantime. I'll keep my fingers crossed this negative is just early.

Les - thanks for making this thread so welcoming and inspiring!

Richiees: sorry af got you. Fx for this cycle!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->