TTC #1 AL Buddies 2016 Newcomers Welcome

Thanks aayla! I'm surprisingly not that disappointed. I guess bcuz I was fully expecting it. Very ready to give it another go. Then another n another n so on n so on. Haha

Bronte - We all make this thread welcoming and supportive :hugs:. A big thanks to everyone for keeping me sane!

Richiees - Love the attitude. We'll be right here no matter how many "goes" it takes!

AFM: I'm having to cool it a bit on temping as I realized that temping every time I woke was actually causing me to wake several times a night. Just temping once a night now no matter what time it is. Should still get the info I need. Also just realized I had an opk dream last night. I had ordered a bunch more of the same ones I always use, but when I opened the box they were all digitals. I took one and it gave me a sad face. Haha I don't think the digitals even do sad faces! Guess my baking let some TTC feelings come to the surface and hopefully get released. I'm feeling good today. Not sure what this cycle will bring, but ready to give it another shot. Still waiting for the b6/magnesium to arrive. Not sure if I should just start taking it right away or wait until after O. Any thoughts?

Mel - I hope you're doing okay doll :hugs:. I know that last cycle really took you for a ride. I hate when that happens. We're all here for you if you need to vent or get some support xxx.

les - I take B6 sporadically throughout my cycle. I guess I didn't research it too much, I just try to take it a few times a week and then sometimes I forget so it's all over the place but I never really noticed any changes in my cycles related to that. I would think you could start taking it right away :shrug:

Les, I totally agree with u on the tempting! It bad enough I still have baby bladder so I'm constantly getting up to pee. But tempting is starting to mess with my sleep too. It's very annoying. Iv got an alarm set now but I find myself still waking up a couple times a night to check the time.

If I'm remembering correctly, iv read women taking b6 thru out their cycles.

Hey ladies. I am officially done my clomid for the month... now just waiting to O. Sorry I have been MIA-we had a huge event for work last night and a wedding this past weekend. AND I just accepted a new job offer and put in my notice today. It's been a whirlwind!

How is everyone doing? Sounds like there is so much going with everyone, trips, etc! Sorry that AF got most of us but the numbers will eventually be in our favor and we will start getting some BFPs!:hugs:

I am officially done my letrozole. Cd 7 here. I start using opk's in 3 days. But I don't expect ovulation to happen for about 10 more days.

Hey Mel! Congrats on the new job babe! :thumbup:

Aayla, sweet!! Super excited for u! :happydance:

I just started my first day of soy, 120mg. I'm doing CD2/6. Not sure if I should do 120 all 5 days or kick it up to 180mg the last 1 or 2 days.

Havnt got the serra in yet so I'll save that for another time.

MrsU - I don't know what compelled me to check your chart tonight before bed, but I just had this feeling. Hate to see that dreaded temp dip. So sorry hun :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Congrats Mel!!! New jobs are always exciting!

Fx all goes smoothly Aayla and Richiees!

Hey girls, sorry I've been away for a few days. Last week I really struggled and I was feeling pretty helpless trying to pull myself together, with no success. I've kept away from all social media for well over a week now and that helps, a few days away from here helped but I missed you guys. It's more the testing threads that I don't think I'll bother with - I don't have the excitement, hope or motivation to fit in there anymore! Dh has been really struggling too, we were just so so flippin miserable and didn't know how to lift ourselves out of it so......we adopted a kitten!!! :happydance: Meet Merlin :cat: (probably a boy) He is absolutely wonderful. It might sound daft but I cannot believe how much better we feel already after having him for just a couple days. I feel completely different. Happy, relaxed, light hearted, just like my old self again. Having him snuggled up fast sleep on you for hours is so lovely - although not so keen on him climbing our expensive sofa and curtains!! He's a proper live wire when he's awake! Anyway, I'm going to go back and catch up with you all.

Attachments

• IMG_3812.jpg
    IMG_3812.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 4
leson - I don't know much about the B6 and magnesium but I'm pretty sure the prenatals I take everyday have both in. Have you started taking them yet? With you on the temp thing too. I sometimes wake up to take my temp and find it's like 3.30am! I never take it then though. I'm trying to be more chilled about my temps, it's more about an overall pattern that specific temps.

Bee - woop for your trip!! How exciting! So I'm guessing you'll have the IUI then jet off in my direction (kind of)?!

Mel - congratulations on the new job!

Richiees - sorry af arrived, I'll be joining you very soon. x

Aayla - yey!! Sending you lots of luck for this cycle!

Bronte - I bet you are on countdown for your trip now? Looks like you'll have plenty of tips and recommendations!

AFM - af will be here tomorrow, my epic temp drop confirms it. I feel ok about it. After the bfn's at 10/11 dpo I started to accept it. Even though this has been a really difficult cycle I feel better about going into the next one. Leson - thanks for checking in on me hun. I did exactly the same with you last cycle! It's amazing how close we've all become. I genuinely want it to happen for everyone else as much as myself :friends: Anyway, I've got the cutest little ball of fluff to take care of now, plus I'm going to spend next weekend in London with my best mate - cannot wait to see her! :happydance:

MrsU - I should have said something earlier. I unsubscribed from that testing thread about a week ago when AF came. Seeing all those BFPs used to give me hope, but now it just seems so unfair. I had that and it was ripped away. I also unsubscribed from my TTC#1 threads too. I just can't relate anymore. I feel bitter, and I hate that...so I backed away from it all. Like usual, you and I are right there together :friends:

I hesitated to share those feelings here, because I didn't want anyone to feel put off. This space is different for me. We're all struggling with that pain from loss and hope for the future. I think seeing a BFP here will give me hope, so please keep sharing away. I love being here for you, and having you all for support too :hugs:

Now back to you MrsU - A kitten!!!! &#128571; What a lovely idea. Out three cats are my world. I love waking up to their purrs (and hungry eyes), and it's so very hard to be sad around them when they're being silly or lovey (which is most of the time). They had so much energy as kittens and it was a blast. Enjoy it! Your little Merlin is absolutely adorable! <3

Leson - we are literally walking the same steps, I'm just a couple behind you! Like I said in your journal, it's kind of comforting at times to know you're not alone but mainly I hate to think of someone else feeling so bad. I've also unsubscribed from everything apart from a couple of other long-ish running threads that just have a handful of us.

I agree this thread is very different from the others. They are full of excited puppies, and I used to be just like that, but now I feel like a more hesitant and wary pooch (maybe even with a slight limp!!)

Anyway, I've started spotting this afternoon. Just a tiny bit. Feels weird as I never used to spot before af, she was just here or not! Hope she doesn't arrive a day early!

Oh also re:B6 and Magnesium. Both are in most prenatals but in small amounts. I'm upping my B6 to 50 mg and Magnesium to 300 mg (with 600 mg calcium). The supplements arrive tomorrow, so I haven't started taking them yet. I think I probably will just start when they arrive.

Richieesmom - sorry AF got you.

mrs u - dang it. I was hoping this would be your cycle. Sorry about the temp drop. But I love your new kitten, Merlin. Looks adorable. I think my dog helped me a ton after my loss. I wasn't even an animal person before that, but I would be lost without him now. So sorry you have been having a rough month. There are definitely times when seeing others BFP are more frustrating then others. So only endure what you can handle. I think this thread and others like it are definitely different. It's a bit easier to cheer on someone that's been struggling and having a harder time conceiving. Plus, everyone is so sweet on here and you want the best for them.

les - if temping is causing you to worry or wake up that much, then it's probably a good idea to hold back. I'm not extremely familiar with the vitamins you mentioned, but I'd think they would be fine to start taking ASAP. Tons of people have a magnesium deficiency and need to take extra amounts. I take supplements periodically to help with recovery after workouts and it helps lots. I actually didn't even know it could help with lengthening your lp. I think you will be fine trying it in the middle of your cycle though. Good luck!

mel - congrats on the new job. How exciting for you. Really hope the Clomid helps and this is your cycle.

aayla - best wishes to you this month.

AFM - Feel like I haven't had anything new to report in awhile, since we don't have much going on with TTC. We just finished our last blood tests today for infectious diseases (exciting I know :)) So we should be all set to start IVF next month. It's slowly creeping up on me.

Oh thanks Bronte. It would have been amazing for it to happen this quickly but I'm prepared for it to take a few cycles. Yes, universe, I said a few, not loads, just a couple ok?! :haha: af has arrived today so onto the next one we go. I am very relieved my cycles are settled though. Well apart from possibly oing early but I can deal with that!

Woah June is soooo close! Do you have an actual 'start' date? Do you have to take anything at the beginning of your cycle?

mrs u - so sorry AF got you, but yes it might just take a bit longer than expected. You totally got this though!

I'll start on CD3 with my injections and stimulation meds, so if timing is correct, it shouldn't be until the very last week in June. I'll be on meds for about 2 weeks and then they will do the egg retrieval. It depends on how many eggs they get and how many fertilize, but we will most likely be doing genetic testing on them if we have enough. My doctor highly recommended it because of my age and it should increase our odds by about 20-30 percent, plus it will significantly decrease the risk of a miscarriage. If we do genetic testing we have to wait another month and do a frozen transfer instead of a fresh one. I've heard a lot of people have better luck with those anyway, since your body has had a chance to calm down after so many meds. So transfer will be middle of July or August. Our trip landed at a bad time which is why we had to hold off longer, but I'm kind of glad it will give us time to prepare and I'm trying really hard to get healthier and focusing on myself right now.

It'll be here before you know it Bronte! Time seems to fly by and that trip is going to help it move even faster :happydance:. I think genetic testing is a good idea too. My heart breaks when I see women go through that only to find the baby has trisomy or some other disorder. The odds of that are slim, but worth minimizing in my opinion. The odds of what happened to all of us were slim too, and yet here we are...

Today is my angel's due date. Not much more to say than that. Today will be a zombie day. Just have to make it to the end.

Today is my angel's due date. Not much more to say than that. Today will be a zombie day. Just have to make it to the end.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

My heart is breaking right along with you doll &#128148;. Hope you can do something special today.

hubby starts his new job today so it will be late night when we do it but we plan on lighting a candle for our little one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->