TTC #1 AL Buddies 2016 Newcomers Welcome

Richiees I've read any time CD10 or later is a-OK 👍

Richiees: Someone who finally talks about it!!! I have put my guy on a no handsies with himself rule the moment that af is over :haha: :rofl: Our sex life is pretty active anyway but sometimes he has the need but during TTC it's a big no no and he knows that even if I'm not totally in the mood (which is rare) I will do it anyway because we have to. There is no need to "be" with himself :haha:

AFM: CD 14. Getting so close now. 3-5 days.

Hi all- I hope everyone got through Mother's Day with a smile on their face. It was definitely hard! Sorry I have been MIA. Getting prepared to switch jobs, purchasing a new flip, AND being on Clomid has made for a crazy couple weeks.

Went to the doctor today for a follicle scan (i wasn't getting a positive on my strips). She said it looks like ovulation has happened recently and that I have a corpus luteum cyst (which she said sometimes indicates early pregnancy). She said she is so confident that she wants to me to come in next Wednesday-Thursday for lab work to check my HCG levels. My lining is a 1.4 (which she said they shoot for at least a .8). Everything is looking good but I refuse to get my hopes up. I can't go through last month again with the tests that look positive but aren't.

How is everyone doing?! Gearing up for trips... and Bronte- One more month!!! I am getting excited for you.

les- yay for o day. My fingers are super duper crossed for you:hugs:

Richees- I'm the same way with DH. They do say though, if he doesn't have an abnormalities, there's no reason to no BD everyday, so try and keep your hopes. My doctor swears by BDing the day after ovulation :thumbup:

I followed the timing that FF gives. O-3, O-2, O-1, O and O+1. Just to be sure. It worked the first time we followed it. Our last cycle was the only other month we followed it but it didn't work then. The other months we didn't time it perfect. Lots of BD but always missed a day within the timeline. So I am going back to what we did then. all those days, pre-seed, no alcohol in fertile week, and now I am adding in grapefruit juice. Not sure if it will do anything this cycle to increase cm.

Mel - how exciting. You have so much going on. I will remain cautiously optimistic for you. I really hope it's a positive sign and you get a BFP this cycle.

Aayla - that's about what I've seen recommended as well. Good luck trying out that cycle this month.

Les - moving day is coming up. Yay. And I'm so excited you are going to stop temping a bit. It definetly helped me to relax a bit.

mrs u - hugs, hon. This process is so trying sometimes and it's perfectly acceptable to take a break to recharge yourself. I've had many months like that during this process and I would have driven myself crazy without taking a step back some months. You still need to be healthy (both mentally and physically) for your baby. So it's important to take care of yourself during this process.

Richieesmom - wow that did move O up quite a bit. Hopefully it's still in range and helps.

oh sweet, thanks les!

aayla, iv gotten super controlling when it comes to when n how dh is allowed to "go" since ttc lol! i don't want him to go too often n i don't want him holding back too long. thank u to the great sperm race doc on you tube!

they say, if u go too often (multiple times a day) there isn't enough time in-between to produce a decent amount of sperm. if they resist release for too long a period, then their mobility sux.

mel, ahhhhhhhh so excited! my hopes r all the way up for u!

Fx Mel that's so exciting!

I think I felt O this afternoon, but plan to bd tomorrow morning just for good measure. This cycle feels great: my temps are stable, my libido is high, and we have our bases covered. I want to be hopeful, but I just can't let myself go there. So instead cheers to a great week of love (and love-making), and DH's bday dinner in 12 days.

oh sweet, thanks les!

aayla, iv gotten super controlling when it comes to when n how dh is allowed to "go" since ttc lol! i don't want him to go too often n i don't want him holding back too long. thank u to the great sperm race doc on you tube!

they say, if u go too often (multiple times a day) there isn't enough time in-between to produce a decent amount of sperm. if they resist release for too long a period, then their mobility sux.

mel, ahhhhhhhh so excited! my hopes r all the way up for u!

yeah...we do it every 24 hours ish during the fertile week. Never an evening then morning session. I will stay up late if I have to as we can work different schedules. But I like to make sure his guys have a chance to reload. :haha:

It's amazing this TTC world. so much science and timing and tracking. I know more about the reproductive system than I ever have.

My brother just called me. My SIL is pregnant. 8 weeks. He was so nervous about telling me, he really didn't want to upset me. We're pretty close so I hate that I could hear that in his voice. It should be a super happy time for them and I really don't want what happened to us to take the shine off for them - I hope it won't. I'm so happy for them but I started crying on the phone and haven't stopped since. Thanks universe for making me feel like even more of an epic failure. How on earth do I cope with this?

Right, that's it. This mc has brought so much misery into our lives, but I'm not going to let it ruin this too. We're going to be auntie and uncle for the first time and that is a wonderful thing! So here's two fingers to the world - you aren't going to keep me down anymore.

Aww MrsU :hugs::hugs::hugs:. I teared up reading your posts. That's exactly how I feel about my first little nephew due end of July. I wasn't going to mention this here, but my sister finally told me the other night that 2 months ago she terminated an early pregnancy. I'm wrecked for her and for us. Not much else to say on that matter. Thankfully I'm flying high (on hormones) at O time. Dreading the crash in a few days. I need these feel-good hormones for a good long time to come.

Oh leson :hugs: Why is being an adult so flippin hard? I'm hoping I'll be getting my feel good hormones soon too, I need them! I should ov Sunday or Monday. I'm feeling a bit better now, there'll be a Christmas baby in the family this year which is so exciting! Can't believe my little bro is going to be a dad!!!

mrs u, hang in there! my sil told me the other day that her n my bro were going to start trying this summer. she already has a kid from a previous relationship, my brother has none. actually I'm the first to make my parents grandparents. have 2 other sisters as well, but one of them is only 10 so she's still our lil baby herself lol. anyway, she thinks its gonna be easy for her since she got pregnant on birth control the first time! but u never know. i started thinking if my bro knocks her up before I'm pg again I'm kicking asses! but then i felt guilty for being negative. so i hear u girl.

oh les, I'm sorry :hugs: my best friend n i would have been pg at the same time last year but she decided to terminate too. wrong guy she claimed. i wasn't happy with her but also wasn't gonna bash her for it either. she felt terrible enough.

So took another opk this morning n it was very -! what the hell?? i haven't felt the slightest O pains other than major bloating (yesterday). n my opk last night looked + to me but dh didn't think the color matched the control line perfectly (it was deff way darker than this morning). but compared to todays, it had to have been a + bc today was almost none existent! last cycles +opks were so dark the line was darker than the control line. and i always feel O pain. n since taking soy, a side effect is applified O pain, but iv got nothing. I'm so confused. n we didn't even bd last night! i decided we would but dh stayed downstairs too long, n i got too sleepy to care! uuuggghhhhh!!!! if my temp goes up tomorrow I'm gonna flip out. :growlmad:

mrs u - so sorry hon. I know it's hard, but just try to look at the positives, since you'll be an aunt, which is totally fun as well. It won't take away the joy you have for future children at all. And it can happen for you, it just might take a bit longer. But all that means is you will appreciate and love the child even more. I mentioned before that one of my best friends had a child almost the same week I was supposed to be due. Not going to lie that it's not hard to see her, but I will tell you in many ways she is my most favorite child to visit since I have a strange connection with her and really enjoy watching her grow up. With time, I have confidence you can find all the positives in it and it won't hurt as much either.

Richieesmom - hmm...that is confusing. Weird. I don't know much about it, but I'd say keep testing and see what happens.

AFM - I'm ovulating right now and having a ton of weird pains in my back. I also got a somewhat not fun call from the RE's office today. I have to come in for another visit at the end of the month. My doctor finally reviewed my HSG slides (not just the results from the other doctor) and apparently he's a bit concerned about a few things before we can do IVF. I have a feeling he's going to want to do surgery to remove my other tube before we proceed. We'll see though. I don't think it will set me back much, it just means another surgery before we can start IVF. In the message she didn't say much and I never get a chance to talk to the actual nurses, we just play phone tag alot. They just mentioned that it might change my protocols a bit. So I guess we'll find out May 24. Grrr.

yeah, I'm kinda thinking, ill have another surge coming up. a proper one. this one was just weird. +to me but not to dh. so the color was slightly off i guess. - today but no normal/enhanced O pain. just weird. I'm gonna keep testing till something else comes up. i read 2 surges in a month is not uncommon.

Mrs U: I have heard of so many pregnancies during the years..my worst year, when we weren't able to TTC yet I had to deal with 18 different pregnancies in one year. Some of those were women having more than 1. I was not a pleasant person to be around. And I was going to mention at least this child is loved and wanted. My sister who is 26 called to confide in me last year, it was just before my first positive I think, she had unprotected sex one cycle (something she doesn't normally do) and thought she might be pregnant and wanted to ask about testing etc and then proceeded to tell me she would abort if she was because she wasn't ready. 1) I am completely anti-abortion for those reasons and everyone in my life knows it 2) why in the world would you tell someone who has fertility issues that you are going to abort your accidental baby??!! :growlmad: thankfully she wasn't pregnant.

It is so frustrating. but sometimes you just become numb to it. For those truly closest to you, you celebrate in their joy. Sometimes the babies are literally one shot in the dark, and sometimes they are planned and you don't know about the struggle. So many don't talk about it. My cousin has a brood (some his, some his gf's) and they decided to have one together. Didn't know until the baby was nearly born that it was their second round of IVF that got them their little boy. So who knows how long they were trying together.

It's okay to cry and then you are right, you give 2 big fingers to the world and say screw it. Life is too short. You'll get your turn. we all will.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Just to throw this out there given that there are different opinions. My sister is bipolar and on some serious medications to treat it. She was on bcp when she fell pg, but her stupid doc gave her a low dose when bipolar medications are known to make bcp less effective. Her baby were it to survive all the heart defect risks would have been severely mentally handicapped. You cannot have a healthy baby and be on the medications she's on, and she cannot go off those medications. The last time she did I came home from work to her barely breathing on my patio. She still struggles even with what she's on for now. I just realized that I don't know if my sister will ever be able to have a baby because of it 😢. My best friend is also bipolar, but it took her 2 years and 3 hospitalizations to even get to a place where she could try. Sorry the protective big sister in me kicked in. I just know she did not make the decision lightly.

les, don't be sorry! its seems she made her decision for very good reasons.

as for my best friend, the "wrong guy" thing was so ridiculous to me. but from the way she would cry to me about it after it all, she was very remorseful n regretful.

god bless those who have had to make a very hard decision like that for unselfish reasons.

Not to get into the abortion debate... but to clarify my position. I am pro life and pro choice. I don't believe it should be illegal. For medical reasons, rape and such I don't think a woman should be forced to have a child. I was raped and there is no way I could have had a child if one resulted (for this I am thankful I have fertility issues) nor could i have handled giving it up only for them to find me and I have to tell them they were a product of rape. No person wants to hear that.

But..I don't believe that it should be used because "it just isn't the right time" or "it's with the wrong person." As a consenting adult you make choices and one of those is having unprotected sex. when used correctly birth control is 99.99% effective and you can add condoms, spermicide etc to make sure a child does not result. We all know sex is what causes babies and it's completely irresponsible to not make sure that you are doing everything you can (if you choose to not abstain) to prevent them.

The only way I think the government should be involved is limiting when an abortion can take place. In Canada, unfortunately, there is no limit. If a woman could find a doctor to do it, it is perfectly legal for her to abort her baby at 5 months.

But these are simply my opinions. i will not stand by a clinic and protest because I am pro life. I will fight for a woman to make the choice even if I disagree with said choice because we have the right to choose to be pregnant and we have the right to choose not to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->