TTC #1 AL Buddies 2016 Newcomers Welcome

I know we're all at different stages in our journies to be mothers, and I still have hope that we will all get those babies one way or another, but I think we can still relate to this story from infertility awareness week. I teared up a bit and chuckled a bit. Important to have some acceptance and remember to still laugh through the ups and downs.

So frustrated. Another day and no positive opk. No temp spike either so it isn't like I have ovulated without one. Hopefully tomorrow. I am out of digital tests but the dollar store now has a 5 pack for $3 so that was awesome. I will test in the morning and afternoon. And maybe evening. Lol

Les - I love it. What a creative take on the massive amounts of pregnancy announcements we see all the time. It's definitely good to have a sense of humor. I saw another one during infertility awareness week of the couple holding a Red Baron pizza and they crossed off the red and wrote "we're." Think it's a great way to promote the struggles of infertility with humor.

Aayla - hopefully you get O soon. How nice the dollar store sells opks near you.

Richieesmom - hopefully o shows up for you as well and your temps and early tests were just a fluke. I'm curious to see if the soy iso helps.

My ring arrived today - for those of you who don't know I stole bee's idea - it's a birthstone ring for the one we lost. I cannot tell you how happy it has made me. I was nervous it might result in tears, but no. I just feel so happy, or maybe calm / at peace, idk, but it's good. I'm still stuggling with the news of my SILs pregnancy. I can't feel the happiness or excitement that I always thought I would when this time came. I've just come to accept that at the moment it's ok to feel like this, but in time I will get there. I know I will, I have to. I want to. My mum has been calling which has resulted in my crying my eyes out down the phone. Although last night I was feeling ok. That made her feel like she could express some of the excitement she's feeling but I can't quite cope with that yet. It still hurts. I'm working on not feeling guilty about how I feel (wow so many feelings buzzing around!) I think I'll keep my distance for a bit and try to not think about it. I'm sure my family will understand and trust that I will be there with them eventually.

Les - I love the link! I cringe at all those cheesy pregnancy announcements. They are not my thing at all, so this made me laugh a lot! Am I right in thinking you are having the progesterone test this cycle? I'm sure it will be all great, but at least you know that if it isn't something can be done.

Aayla & richiees - I'm waiting for o too. Hopefully it shows up for you both soon.

I'm going to be doing lots of opks on saturday/sunday to see if I can catch ov the day before for once! I'm wondering if I'll o early on sunday again or go back to cd13 on Monday. I'm feeling very calm about this cycle. Maybe having zero expectations is helping for once. Although next week will be a different matter I'm sure!

MrsU - Glad you're listening to your own emotions :hugs:. The way I explain it to my SIL is that it's like utter happiness but with tears. I, like you, am having a hard time feeling that happiness, but I know it's in there. There's nothing to feel guilty about. You love them and want to share in their joy, but your sadness is just too great right now. They will understand. My SIL won't want to worry about me every time I escape to the bathroom at her shower. She just wants to make sure we'll be there for our nephew. I told her absolutely, but to expect some tears whether we hide them or not. I know it will not be easy. Being pg by then would help, but I don't think it will fix it.

Excited to see you all O! Great plans so far. Sounds like you're doing all you can.

I am going in for my progesterone test on Monday. It will be a good way to break up this tww. My calmness is slowly chipping away already. I'm fully expecting a bfn just bc it hurts too much to hope for anything else, and so I just want to get to the end of next week and get it over with. I will say a small part of me is hopeful. This chart is looking so much like my BFP chart from December. I just don't know and won't know for at least another week if not more (if the b6 is working). So there is positivity and hope in there. I just defensively squash it pretty quickly.

No temp spike but it did go a little higher today and is now back to around cover line. I'm hoping to see it tomorrow but may not see until cd 20. I'm thinking I may ovulate tomorrow as so many of my other cycles. Only one did I O on cd 18 and that wasn't even a definite as I didn't temp that month or use opk's. I went by cm instead and just put O on the day I got ewcm. so it very well could have been cd 19.

I'm going to monitor my cm closely today and see if it changes from watery. I took an opk with fmu but it was negative. I have 4 more and I will test again after lunch and then again at my usual time of 7pm.

Richees- I hope the delay does not continue but that is one of the symptoms about that Soy supplement that I read. If you ovulate already, it can delay or complete mess up ovulation. I hope that is not that the case and that any delay is just it getting a big, healthy egg ready!

Got ewcm today!! Woo Hoo!! So happy. O should happen today or tomorrow. I am thinking tomorrow.

mel, bronte, iv previously read about soy delaying O for some woman, i was just hoping id be one of the ones who had it brought on early instead! my luck. but another friend (from this site) told me everyone she has spoke with in regards to soy has had their O delayed, but got their bfp! so that cheered me up.

les, that was so cute! i wanted to show dh but he was rushing to get out the door for work.

mrs u, time. it sounds corny, i know. n i hated when people would tell me that too. but its true. time helps. ull get on board in ur own time. btw, i have a ring with my sons birthstone too! i got it from james avery. its a christian jewelry store. all their pieces are named. they have different styles in birthstone rings so idk what the others r called but mines called the remembrance ring. its very dainty n cute, i love it! u should visit the site, they can customize and engrave pieces for u.

aayla, I'm with u!

omg, I'm such an idiot. n i swear i didnt do this last month! but every opk iv been taking, iv waited 20mins to read, instead of 10 like it says too! idk y i had 20mins in my head this time. so dumb. i took one this morning n its darker than yesterday (not + yet tho) n then randomly looked at the wrapper n saw, read within 10mins. son of aaaah........y was thinking 20 this time around? ugh. does an extra 10mins make a big diff??

lastnight i also noticed a crazy amount of ewcm, but it was super sticky. is it suppose to be sticky? read up, n soy is suppose to increase cm. i kept thinking i was peeing alil lol (my baby ruined my bladder so that happens!) but nope. got in the shower, checked n holy shit, iv never taken out so much in my life! sorry, kinda gross!:blush:

I had loads today as well richiees. I was going tell everyone because I decided to drink a ton of grapefruit juice this week and when I check again I got a big glob of it. This has never happened before.

If this cycle doesn't take I am so doing it again next cycle.

so grapefruit juice works! i should try that next time too. so i took another opk about an hr after the first to see what it read after 10mins n it was super -. looked again 10mins later to see if it changed much n it didn't. so i guess waiting 20mins after wasn't that big a mistake. but if my first opk with fmu was pretty dark, n my second was almost nonexistent, is that bcuz my urine was so deluded with the water i chugged?

Yep..it totally works. I do wish I wrote when I started. But I have a receipt so I can look back to when I bought it and I drank it every day until about 2 days ago.

I would say it was negative due to diluted pee. That can definitely cause it.

just took another opk. major negative. y am i only getting dark lines in the morning?? everyone else seems to test with afternoon pee just fine!

it could be negative now too. my fmu is super negative. near white test. Some will likely test different than others. I guess just keep testing and see. If you get a negative tomorrow morning then the surge is gone.

I tested at 12:30 and there was a line but very much negative. Just tested again about half an hour ago and another negative. I have a feeling my positive will come tomorrow the day I am to ovulate just like my last active cycle.

What sucks is I am out from 2pm until late. I am going to have to bring a test with me I suppose. I am going to see if hubby is up for some early bd tonight so we can do it late morning before we go out. I think after 11pm will be too late.

I have always found it weird that other ladies get a multiple day surge. I'm lucky if I can catch it at all.

hope u get that + tomorrow aayla!!

last cycles i got 2 days of blaring positives, cd12 n 13. today is cd13 for me. I'm getting so impatient n its not even that late in the cycle. i just can't wait to see that first undoubtable + so i can breath!

we bded today in vain i guess. i hate bding for no reason now! lol

i showed dh one of the home insemination kits off amazon, n he's into it. we will order n use that for days when we arnt feeling it. that will work for times like this, when I'm using up all his sex drive for nothing! but he also likes the idea of doing the syringe thing bcuz he gets to just sit back n relax. jerk.

shout out to KM (another thread) for the unintentional idea! :winkwink:

:rofl: Hubby may be into that as well. But since I know I O around cd 19 I am thinking of just doing it every second day ish until about day 15/16 then do it every day. But fx I don't have to do another cycle. lol

still no +opk. so annoyed. i did read a few things about grapefruit juice not only helping with cm but to induce O....some how. i may be reaching for straws but ill try anything at this point to kick start that sucker.

Not sure about the O thing with the juice. I did not get a positive opk today (Saturday) but I couldn't test anymore as I ran out of them and I was out and about at my bday party and my sister's boyfriend's party. didn't get home until 12:30am. So no BD tonight either. So if I did ovulate today/tonight then we missed the one day. But we did do it for a week straight so I think we are good. he felt so bad tonight as when I got home he wasn't feeling well and he forgot to take his meds that keep his migraines at bay so he was just not feeling up to it. I told him that missing this one day isn't the end of the world. Even though it is day of ovulation we did it late last night and the 3 days prior so I have some guys in there waiting. :haha: I am more happy we got it in yesterday when I had all the EWCM.

Now off to bed. really hoping I see the temp spike.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->