TTC #1 AL Buddies 2016 Newcomers Welcome

I own a bunch P90X, P90X 2, 21 Day Fix, Fix Extreme and Hammer & Chisel but with Beachbody on Demand now I get access to much more and I like the variety.

I love how Beachbody is using the 21 day fix eating program in its new programs.

We all find our centers to get us through this in our own ways, and I absolutely love that. I'm so glad you all can share what you're going through entirely with love and tolerance for everyone here. So long as we all remember that we're here for support and to support, we'll get through this together <3. I am more of a secular humanist. Empathy is my moral compass, and love and nature are my spirituality. I find my strength in the kindness I see around me every day. Boy I sound like so much more of a hippie than I am, but hey I do live in California :haha:. I could just as easily describe myself as a skeptic and an agnostic atheist, but that doesn't really tell you much about what I do believe.

Richiees - That is sad, but beautiful. What a lovely thought that our lost children still get the chance to grow even if it isn't here with us. I'm picturing my rosy cheeked, Scottish grandfather bouncing my little gremlin on his knee like he used to do with me, and my Irish grandfather teaching the LO all about practical jokes and bird watching. They passed away when I was 5 and 9 respectively. Brings a smile to my face.

Aayla - I'm so sorry they don't think you're Oing. I hope they listen and give you a chance. I don't know much about IVF, but I do know weight can factor into fertility. I know losing weight can be tough. Are you working towards a goal now or waiting to see what they say?

Raine - I hope work and your remodeling is going well. Thinking of you!

Bronte - So glad to hear that everything went well today!

MrsU - Hope you enjoyed that glass of wine! Better have been a good one ;). You deserve it!

AFM: The hike this morning was beautiful, and our friend's little 1yo had a blast. It's so hard watching DH just love every second playing with kids, but it helps me to know we're on the right path. I find I'm very defensive when friends mention us having kids. I shoot it down, and act like there's no way we'd want them, and then distract them by talking about the next animal we plan to get. Off to make sure I have everything to bake DH a tiramisu charlotte cake for his bday. No sign of that darn witch yet. She may just come tomorrow instead.

For fitness, I highly recommend fitnessblender.com. They have a variety of free videos for all levels and it's a great mix of cardio and weights. For food, I just use myfitnesspal. I count my calories consumed and burned on there and just make sure I'm under for the week. I was shocked at how many calories some foods are, so it really helped me make better decisions. Also if you get a good community of friends on there for support, it's easier to keep it up. I ended up in this little circle of runners and they all really helped me stick with it.

I am going back to the programs that work for me. Eating on the 21 day fix plan, which is just portion control and it makes sure that I eat low carb like I am supposed to because of my insulin resistance. and I am going to do something to start working out. The cold wasn't in my chest so I should be able to do a little something starting tomorrow. Just going to take it easy on that front until I am 100% better. But the first thing I have to do is get my eating in order. That is my downfall mainly and you can't out exercise a bad diet.

oh and I have fallen in love with pin up couture. So I am looking at dresses for my brother's wedding in September. It's in Vegas so the weather will be nice. I am trying to choose between 3 right now. I have linked them below

this first one is cute but might be too casual. there is no real dress code but it is a wedding in Vegas. but I can also wear it again to less fancy events.

https://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/p...us-size-dresses/deedee-dress-yellow-plus.html

This next one is uber cute and the bride's colours are pink (she is in a light pink dress and her bridesmaids are in dark coral/pink). She is also a major horse lover so I think this is a cute homage to the bride.

https://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/p...us-size-dresses/aurora-dress-horses-plus.html

This last one is my favorite but I'm not 100%.

https://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/temp-05.html

let me know what you all think.

i read into alil bit of it. it does seem like a lot. looks like an interesting read! my main thing is love. jesus says to love everyone regardless of their beliefs, background, or how u r treated, n i try very hard to uphold that (tho it is not easy). love is the one n only thing that matters. even if u don't believe in anything, if u have selfless love in ur heart for others then ur doing just fine.

speaking of eating right, i need to get on the health train! bcuz my exercises r not cutting it for me while I'm stuffing my face with pizza n loches (mini mex tacos made with a specific kind of toasted buttery bread instead of tortilla)! oh man....my mouth literally just watered!

my choice would be the black dress with the pink horses! at first i thought horses? but then looking at it, its cute!

they r all cute. but the yellow doesn't scream vegas wedding to me, n then third black one i feel like iv seen it many times. the one with lil horses has a unique feel to it. my opinion. they r all nice dresses tho.

i love it. that looks like a winner! i was looking at dresses on that site to suggest for u but i wasn't sure what style u prefer. I'm a freak when it comes to clothing. iv gone thru many stages. but being that my arms r full of punk style tattoos, dh doesn't prefer me in dresses. so i stick to skinny jeans, tons of no print fitted tees n variety of high top chucks. hate low top, for me at least. if u don't mind I'm gonna keep looking. I'm excited now lol

oh by all means keep looking. I'm not totally fond of the floral but I'm willing to find something local that is similar to try on. I have fallen in love with these looks and I am really wanting to wear something like it to the wedding.

I prefer to get something that I can wear more than once. I don't go to events often so I need something that is good for a night out for dinner or a bbq.

I would also need something that is availabe in their highest size. It is still to small but not by much and I know in a couple of months the 4x of something should fit.

ok. i don't know how to post the link but.....i found the jenny dress in black sateen. its simple but cute n has a nice flare to the bottom if u like that kinda thing.

the lauren dress in black and white.

or my top pick, the deadly dame downtown dame dress in baby pink. its said vegas to me as well as bbq party or night out.

all up to 4x

some others i liked were sold out so i didn't even bother

Oh I forgot to mention it can't be pink. The bride is wearing pink and her bridesmaids are wearing dark coral/pink.

But I will look those up. Thank you!

I am also open to any other sites. Prefer from the US or Canada.

unique vintage.com has some good choices. i really liked the 1950s white heart dot high society swing dress. the black n white scarlet swing dress and rockabilly mint embroidered marylou stretch wiggle dress. all in plus sizes

scarlets & harlots.com has too many for me to choose from!

From the ones you posted I like the 3rd black and white dress the best. I think it looked the most like a pin-up girl style and would be the most versatile to wear after the wedding. The style and cut will also be flattering on a bigger frame depending on where you hold your weight. Richieesmom is right though it does look pretty basic and the horse one is more unique, depends on what you want. They are all cute though. Didn't check out all the ones Richieesmom posted though; however as a bigger girl myself I rarely feel comfortable in anything resembling a spaghetti strap or form fitting skirt but I like to hide my arms and hips. I look much better in a-line dresses but I think it's awesome if you are brave enough to where form fitting to show off curves. I admire anyone that can. I like Modcloth for retro dresses as well. They aren't as pinup girl style but might be more versatile and they have plus sizes. If anything they are fun to look at :)

I don't really believe in anything! I guess I try my best to not be judgemental and help people if I can. That's not always easy when it impacts you in a negative way, but even then I wouldn't ever want to make someone feel bad. There have been several occasions so far in my life where it has taken a lot for me to forgive and forget, but I have eventually got there because I believed it was the right thing to do for the future. I've always been a fiercely independent person, especially before meeting DH. Since then, 12 years ago, we have both changed. Also since the MMC I think we both realise we can't do or cope with everything alone. Seeking comfort and support from others is key to getting through bad times. Because of that I wouldn't want anyone to feel like they were struggling alone. If you can find something that you believe in that helps you too, I'm all for it. One thing I do believe is the mind is our most powerful tool - unfortunately that isn't always a good thing!

Les - the wine was good! Very relaxing. I just had the one glass as I'm not a big drinker but I was nicely sleepy after it (might have had something to do with being woken at 4am though!)

On the fitness front I really want to start my DVD routine again. This time last year I was in the best shape I'd ever been - now I'm in the worst! I'm by no means overweight but I hope that the distraction and focus of it will help too. I went for a 2hr walk to the beach today which I love, but today I was alone with my thoughts and that's not a good thing at the moment (DH is watching rugby with his dad). So I'm hoping following an exercise DVD will do the trick. I need to ditch the comfort food too though otherwise I'm fighting a losing battle!

CD1 here. Really hopeful for this next cycle. I feel like progesterone has been my problem all along. Hope she tests to make sure I'm responding appropriately to the supplementation. Going to give it 3 months before I push for testing in the first half of my cycle to see if I need help with follicle development. I've seen so many other girls go on Clomid after a low progesterone test, but my ob seems to think my follies are just fine and it's just that my lining isn't typically thick enough for implantation. 50% chance she's right and there are less risks with progesterone. I've seen that Clomid can make things worse for women who ovulate regularly, so I feel good about her decision for now. Let's get those February babies :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->