TTC #1 AL Buddies 2016 Newcomers Welcome

It's crazy how the older generation can hold off onto AF is late. I say it every time but can't make it that long!!

Oh Richieesmom - :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
So sorry you are having a hard time with your SO. Losing a child had to be incredibly hard for both of you and that in itself probably amplifies everything. I read some statistic once that couples that go through a miscarriage or lose of a child are significantly more likely to divorce. It's so hard to deal with. My husband and I went to marriage counseling several months after our ectopic, since stuff just kept getting piled up and we couldn't deal with it in a productive manner. It helped a ton. It's not for every couple though. But yes, if you need to talk or vent, please do!

Good luck.

Thanks girls, I really really appreciate it. I'm sure all my emotions will come pouring out as soon as I get a grip on things. Iv actually googled about child loss in relationships n saw alot of separation involved :(

I'll keep y'all posted.

Hi guys can I join you?

I already know Aayla and Richieesmom (and I think Mrs green is on here too) from another forum so I've had a look on this group before and you all seem in a similar boat to me

Pressed send too early but Richieesmom I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with DH, I hope you get it sorted soon and if you do end up being pregnant I hope that this baby is a blessing to you that helps you through it all x

Heya KM..welcome!! Great group of ladies here.

Heya KM..welcome!! Great group of ladies here.

:flower: that's good. I came over here because I. feel like I will fit better with people who don't already have children and are TTC their first! Amongst other things....:blush:

yeah. It can be hard to be in a group of moms. I have wonderful group I am part of but sometimes it's hard when they talk about baby stuff. But I'm learning a lot for when I get pregnant so that is a plus.

Richiees - Sending you hugs xxx. Losing a child can be so very hard on a relationship. I hope in the end it brings you closer <3

Welcome km!! Happy to have your support and hope we can give it back in spades as well <3. I had that same feeling. Prior to my loss I stuck to the ttc#1 boards, and then after I didn't feel like I quite fit anywhere. So glad to have started this thread so that we all have a safe place to gather when we need a break from the reminders. So hoping we can stick together until we all get our first little healthy bundles of joy in our arms.

Welcome to the group KM. I agree that sometimes it's nice to get advice from other moms, but sometimes, it's more important to vent with those that are still TTC #1. So happy to have you join us.

AFM - spotting started today, so AF should start in 2-4 days and we can finally get this IVF Party started! I'm trying to play it cool, but I'm really just a big bundle of nerves and I'm not functioning at work at all today and I'm pretty sure my attention span is only going to get worse.

I haven't been properly TTC for quite sometime and gave up hope of it happening awhile ago, so this will be the first time I've been actually TTC (at least mentally) in sometime. That by itself is daunting, but then add to that the overwhelming IVF process, financial investment, etc., it's a bit nerve-wracking finally starting. I'm excited though. Really hope I respond well and I'll only need one retrieval. We shall see!

I'm so excited and hopeful for you Bronte. We'll be here cheering you on straight to that rainbow <3

Bronte: Yay for AF!! So exciting it is starting soon for you. The time will drag and pass quickly all at the same time! lol

Welcome to the group KM. I agree that sometimes it's nice to get advice from other moms, but sometimes, it's more important to vent with those that are still TTC #1. So happy to have you join us.

AFM - spotting started today, so AF should start in 2-4 days and we can finally get this IVF Party started! I'm trying to play it cool, but I'm really just a big bundle of nerves and I'm not functioning at work at all today and I'm pretty sure my attention span is only going to get worse.

I haven't been properly TTC for quite sometime and gave up hope of it happening awhile ago, so this will be the first time I've been actually TTC (at least mentally) in sometime. That by itself is daunting, but then add to that the overwhelming IVF process, financial investment, etc., it's a bit nerve-wracking finally starting. I'm excited though. Really hope I respond well and I'll only need one retrieval. We shall see!

Fingers crossed for you hunnie!! Hope one time and you'll have your precious baby!!

Hi everybody! Thank you Les for inviting me over here :) I'm brand new to the forum as of today. After around 4 or 5 months of not trying, not preventing last year we had our first pg which ended in mc in december, 8 wk old twins due to "chromosomal abnormalities."

We decided to start trying a little more after that which doesn't seem to have been helpful at all (by that I mean I've been tracking my cycles). No new pg, and way more stress, but after the loss now I seem to be of a one track mind. I wish I could go back to before and just not even think about it, but it's impossible!

Anyway, AF came yesterday after 7 days of not showing up, which just about broke my heart despite the negative tests. Guess the stress of my family's visit a couple weeks ago must have delayed ovulation? After this, I have decided to start doing the ovulation tests and maybe the basal temp tracking. I'm a bit on the higher end for age (almost 35) which is another stressor, but everything is apparently good with my system, but we will start looking at other things if nothing has happened by october.

I apologize for not knowing all of the lingo yet (there's so much!) but I'm happy to have found a group to talk to and join in hopes and disappointments (hopefully more of the former, but ttc...!).

becca - welcome to the group and I'm so sorry for your loss of twins. Hugs!! I'm sure it was extra horrible to lose two at the same time. So very sorry that happened to you.

You have come to the right place, since this group is fabulous and a great comfort as you are TTC. I can't believe you were a week late getting your period in the middle of TTC. So sorry. Hang in there and feel free to vent about anything you want.

bronte, thanks for the welcome! i already feel so welcome, and it's a great feeling since everyone around me seems to snap their fingers and be pg one after the other. my sis-in-law is on her 4th pg in 5 years! i do have to mention that she mc'd with her first as well, though. it's nice to have a place to talk. words help. i think i might start a PAL journal like i've seen some others do :)

Welcome Becca! I am sorry for your loss. Stress can definitely delay or even stop O.

I would definitely start temping. It will really help in pin pointing ovulation. Even with just tracking cycle your O date could shift and even though you think you timed it right you may not have.

We are here to help and answer any questions you may have. No question is dumb and I am sure we have all asked it at one point.

Gl in your journey! :hugs:

I hear what you're saying about everyone around you getting pregnant - it's been constant for me whilst I have been TTC, though most of them have now had their babies and I'm expecting them to have their second before I have one! One of my best friends babies arrived safely 5 weeks early (last week). She's beautiful and I'm over the moon for them but it just reminds me of what I have lost (I was due 6 weeks after her due date with my 1st pregnancy). Least I get cuddles though :)

Bronte I'll be following your IVF experience closely as I am expecting to be referred for it on 8th July.

As for moms with kids giving advice about babies - I love love love that. Just not mad keen on being given unasked for advice (of course I love advice when I ask for it!) about TTC!

Hi everybody! Thank you Les for inviting me over here :) I'm brand new to the forum as of today. After around 4 or 5 months of not trying, not preventing last year we had our first pg which ended in mc in december, 8 wk old twins due to "chromosomal abnormalities."

We decided to start trying a little more after that which doesn't seem to have been helpful at all (by that I mean I've been tracking my cycles). No new pg, and way more stress, but after the loss now I seem to be of a one track mind. I wish I could go back to before and just not even think about it, but it's impossible!

Anyway, AF came yesterday after 7 days of not showing up, which just about broke my heart despite the negative tests. Guess the stress of my family's visit a couple weeks ago must have delayed ovulation? After this, I have decided to start doing the ovulation tests and maybe the basal temp tracking. I'm a bit on the higher end for age (almost 35) which is another stressor, but everything is apparently good with my system, but we will start looking at other things if nothing has happened by october.

I apologize for not knowing all of the lingo yet (there's so much!) but I'm happy to have found a group to talk to and join in hopes and disappointments (hopefully more of the former, but ttc...!).

Welcome! I've not been here too long either but it's a great group. So sorry for your loss. I think you'll definitely find temping very helpful !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->