TTC #1 AL Buddies 2016 Newcomers Welcome

Rain: Sorry to hear af got you. But I would also rather it be early than late.

I know this batch of wondfo doesn't give false positive or evaps as I used 2 when I knew for sure I wasn't pregnant and weeks later they are still stark white. Quite impressed cause even the frer turn a gross yellow and show the indent line after a day or so.

Here is today's test. 7dpo. Fmu

Attachments

• 20160623_084658.jpg
    20160623_084658.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 10
Ooh Aayla. Fingers crossed. I can't see anything, but I hardly ever see squinters because my eyes are horrible. Hope it's a positive for you!

Rain: Sorry to hear af got you. But I would also rather it be early than late.

I know this batch of wondfo doesn't give false positive or evaps as I used 2 when I knew for sure I wasn't pregnant and weeks later they are still stark white. Quite impressed cause even the frer turn a gross yellow and show the indent line after a day or so.

Here is today's test. 7dpo. Fmu
Crossing my fingers for you that it'll be positive soon!!!

Every once in a whole I will get AF early like this. I think my body is still adjusting to the metformin. Plus I know it takes a while for your body to bounce back anyways from a mc and d&c. I'm trying not to focus on ttc too much right now since I've been really focused on losing some weight. I'm down 21lbs. I see this as an opportunity to have another month to get more weight off of me.

congrats on the weight loss!! 21 lbs is awesome!!

Every once in a whole I will get AF early like this. I think my body is still adjusting to the metformin. Plus I know it takes a while for your body to bounce back anyways from a mc and d&c. I'm trying not to focus on ttc too much right now since I've been really focused on losing some weight. I'm down 21lbs. I see this as an opportunity to have another month to get more weight off of me.

That's awesome!! Good for you!! I wish I could lose some! We've been walking every night and I don't see too many results yet!

Raine - wow that's an awesome job. Congrats. I've been trying to work on my health a lot and lose some weight as well. What's been working for you. I was on the 21 day fix plan but currently all I want to eat is sweets, sweets, and more sweets (they are a bit of a comfort food for me).

I don't know much about meteformin but someone else on one of the threads I belong to (which is a weight loss one actually) just said it made her cycles longer. So it definetly must mess with that. Hope it helps in the long term.

Raine - That is fantastic! Congrats <3

Star - For a while, I was running 20 miles a week and not losing a single pound. So frustrating right! I was ok with that at the time bc my goal weight was just 3 lbs away. Now I'm barely doing any exercise, and I'm the exact same weight. I think for me at least it's my net caloric intake that matters. I tracked my calories (what I put in and what I burned) for quite a few years, dropped 8 lbs, formed good habits/made better choices, and I've kept it off. I thought I was a healthy eater, but the calories in some foods astounded me. My best friend put on a ton of weight with her baby and went back to kickboxing twice a day but still wasn't losing weight. I kept reminding her about calorie tracking, but she really didn't like the idea of it - which I totally get. She finally caved and tried it and now she's almost back to her pre-baby weight.

Bronte - Would some fresh fruit with a bit of honey and some dark chocolate chips scratch that itch? Mmmm now I might have to have some dessert today. I'm craving ice cream bc it is so hot here right now. I keep meaning to buy a churner so I can control what's in it, but it's at the bottom of our house list right now.

I think overall though we just need to do our best to be healthy and love our bodies as they are. We talked about this a bit before...I still have to work way harder on that. I definitely don't want to pass the same body image issues on down to a daughter one day. Any tips on how to love your body more?

Raine - That is fantastic! Congrats <3

Star - For a while, I was running 20 miles a week and not losing a single pound. So frustrating right! I was ok with that at the time bc my goal weight was just 3 lbs away. Now I'm barely doing any exercise, and I'm the exact same weight. I think for me at least it's my net caloric intake that matters. I tracked my calories (what I put in and what I burned) for quite a few years, dropped 8 lbs, formed good habits/made better choices, and I've kept it off. I thought I was a healthy eater, but the calories in some foods astounded me. My best friend put on a ton of weight with her baby and went back to kickboxing twice a day but still wasn't losing weight. I kept reminding her about calorie tracking, but she really didn't like the idea of it - which I totally get. She finally caved and tried it and now she's almost back to her pre-baby weight.

Bronte - Would some fresh fruit with a bit of honey and some dark chocolate chips scratch that itch? Mmmm now I might have to have some dessert today. I'm craving ice cream bc it is so hot here right now. I keep meaning to buy a churner so I can control what's in it, but it's at the bottom of our house list right now.

I think overall though we just need to do our best to be healthy and love our bodies as they are. We talked about this a bit before...I still have to work way harder on that. I definitely don't want to pass the same body image issues on down to a daughter one day. Any tips on how to love your body more?

Thanks Les. I'll look into that a little more. I feel I've really cut back since tyring to lose. Maybe I should look a little more at my calorie intake!

Thanks Les. I'll look into that a little more. I feel I've really cut back since tyring to lose. Maybe I should look a little more at my calorie intake!

I use myfitnesspal. Add me if you join up and we can cheer each other on. My user ID on there is CoCoCA. I've been slacking, but coincidentally just started back up this morning :).

Les is right that foods are so important. I was working out 6 days a week during roller derby and some pretty intense 3 hour practices but didn't lose anything (toned up quite a bit but still). But now I've lost some on the 21 day fix stuff even though I'm working out less but I'm eating much better. I like that better for me because it's portion control and finding the right combo of foods which is easier than calorie counting for me. I actually wasn't eating that many calories but I was horrible at getting protein and eating enough veggies. So it's helpful for me to track all the different types of foods I should be eating and it's really helped take pounds off. Plus water, water and more water.

I was eating dark chocolate with nuts or dried fruits or fresh fruits. I ran out though. But yes that does help a ton. But around period time I get a massive sweet tooth, more than normal. It's hard to resist. I just made peanut butter cookies. Oops. It was a small pan though. And I'm giving myself a bit of a break since the next few weeks might be stressful.

Oh and I have no clue how we are supposed to live our bodies more. It's probably harder that you live in CA. Not only the general culture but you can't cover up as much :) you look great in all your photos though!

I feel you on those end of cycle cravings. The progesterone way ramped that symptom up. I had chicken strips for the first time in ages. I just wanted anything and everything fried.

Haha true on where I live, but I wear jeans most of summer and hardly go to the beach :haha:. I think my last visit to a beach was actually in the Galapagos last year, and then I had on shorts and a rash guard. My last day at a beach in CA was probably 7 or 8 years ago. The general culture of thinking everyone should be beach ready at any moment, and always tanned perfectly probably doesn't help though.

Rained - sorry af arrived. X

Aayla - fx for you.

I agree on the weight loss thing. You can exercise till the cows come home but if your diet is off it won't make a difference. I realised this when I was trying to loose weight for our wedding. I switched my diet up to a clean and lean type one - you eat a reasonable amount but the right stuff - and I didn't exercise for 2 months. I lost half of what I wanted to loose (which wasn't a lot) then I started doing a bit of cardio (I mean a bit because I hate it) weights and yoga/strength stuff and lost the remainder in the last 2 months. I had a great week back on this but I've slipped again. I'll be back on it next week.

How do we love our bodies? It's a hard one. I've never had any kind of role model for that. My mum is the opposite. She had a gastric band fitted 10 years ago, she told me the day before the surgery because she knew I'd try to talk her out of it. Since then she's had no end of problems. Her weight has still yo-yo'd because she eats poorly, she's on sooooo much medication her liver is struggling. She's at the doctors every fortnight for something else. It's infuriating. At the moment she hasn't been able to keep anything other than liquid down for 4 weeks. The doctors don't know what to suggest because clearly it should be removed but she won't have it taken out. She thinks it just needs a little bit of the liquid removed but I think it's slipped / part of her stomach has actually come back up through it, because the band is only half full anyway. Then she told me she'd ordered some syringes of eBay so she can remove some of the liquid herself!! I hit the roof! She won't listen though. She'll end up in an early grave because of this. Yeah, so this week hasn't exactly been a relaxed one - should have known miracles don't happen, we've always had a strained relationship.

Oh and also, bfn today, totally hacked off at the moment!

Oh and my little baby boy kitten was stung by a bee yesterday. It was his fault, he pounced on it. The sting wasn't in him but his paw swelled up so we had to take him to the vets. They gave him a steroid shot and he seems great this morning, no more puffy paw!

I've been doing kickboxing and watching my calorie intake. I have a few girls from work who are also doing it so that helps. Honestly though, if I want something I just eat it, otherwise I just think about it constantly. I also wear a fitbit and am competitive with the same girls from work on who has the most steps. I usually don't win but every once in a while I do. But in general I just try to make better choices on what I eat and try to work out at least 3 times a week and try to get my 10,000 steps in but that rarely happens.

Mrs. U- sorry about your cat. Hope he feels ok.

Les - I have no clue what a rash guard is but I'm intrigued by the name :) even if you aren't in shorts or beach weather, it definetly makes it more challenging there I'm sure. Good luck. I do think it's great you want to pass along a positive body image to your girls.

Mrs U - goodness you sound like you have had a rough week. So sorry about your kitten. Hope he's okay. Your mom's situation sounds hard to deal with. I'm sure you want to help her and offer her advice but she's your mother and that's always challenging. Plus sounds like she doesn't want to follow any anyway. The only thing I'm sure you can do is just remain to be there for her. Man that has to be tough though. Hope she allows them to fix it so she can get better.

Raine - kickboxing sounds fun and a great workout. It's so much more entertaining and enjoyable when you can workout with friends. That's why I always preferred sports to solo workouts.

Raine - That sounds perfect. It really does help to have a friend or group to keep you going.

MrsU - That sounds awful. I'm so sorry xxx. I worry about my mother too. She would never get a band or anything, but she is overweight, has diabetes, and is on more medication than I can count. She doesn't get how her food choices impact her, and she can barely walk for 15 minutes now without needing a break. The osteoporosis and neuropathy in her feet are a bad combo. She broke her foot twice. A few years back she announced that her doctor said she could no longer eat vegetables. Say what??? It's so strange bc she's the one who taught me to eat healthy in the first place. My SIL tries to get after her or scheme on how to help her, but honestly I don't think she wants help. With my brother, I had to learn that I can't control her or change her mind. My mother makes decisions based on how she feels. I love her, and I worry about her, but I don't want to spend our time bickering.

Bronte - Here we are snorkeling in the Galapagos with rash guards on :).

image.jpeg

Oh and I also cracked and had speculoos ice cream last night. It's supposed to be record breaking heat again this weekend, so I figured we might want something cold in the freezer to eat &#128518;

You lot are wonderful! I hope you know that. Sorry I was on a proper rant this morning. It's just so frustrating to see someone you care about hurt themselves repeatedly, and I know some of you if not all, know exactly how hard that is. I'm also fairly grumpy about this cycle which doesn't help. I'll test tomorrow but that's it then. Oh and I'm grumpy about the UK leaving the EU, not the way I voted!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->