TTC #1 AL Buddies 2016 Newcomers Welcome

Hi everyone. It's been a while since I have been on here! I was driving myself mad, obsessing and freaking out every month when I didn't get my bfp. I have been following everyone still, welcome everyone that's new! This group of ladies are great! I've been praying for you guys daily!

Update on me: after 8 months of trying we finally got our bfp. I stopped putting so much pressure on us and making it happen, and as cliche' as it sounds, I think that's what helped! I'm at just over 4 weeks. Went in at 10dpo and did blood work and I was at HCG 21, progesterone 26.7. I go in Tuesday, 17 dpo to check progession. My test lines are almost as dark as the control line so I think the progression is good.

I will continue to monitor and pray for everyone here. Your rainbow babies are right around the corner, I just know it!

Melissa
Hi! Congrats on your bfp!!

Okay ladies I have a TMI question. I have been Oing on day 16 pretty regularly. But this time I just felt like I was going to O earlier. I've basically had wet cm all week since AF. Now I should be hitting my fertile week and today I have almost sticky cm. I never did get a positive opk yet. But earlier in the week I had a closer one , which was odd for me. I also had a temp drop today. The cm is just confusing me. Any thoughts?

Raine - I can actually see it now as well. Really hope it sticks.

Mel - I'm so glad you came back to update us. I've really been wondering how you have been doing because you left us when you were close to finding out if you might be pregnant. I'm so so happy to hear your good news. Huge congrats!!!

Rain I can totally see that. I just think it was too early for a blood test.

Mel: congrats on your bfp!!

Congrats Mel. Star - you can get patches of fertile CM. Hopefully it will all line up at once. I know it's frustrating. Hope you can keep up the lovin' until O is confirmed fx!

Oh also if anyone who's joined us more recently would like to be added to the wall of inspiration just let me know :)

Hey ladies, I'm sorry I haven't been around for a few weeks. I know you all understand. For whatever reason last cycle just broke me. I've been fine since, we took a week off and did some nice things, even joined the gym which I'm loving. I o'd late this cycle which isn't a surprise given how upset I was. But hey ho.

I went to the docs this morning (fairly sure I'm not pregnant this cycle) to chat about it. I was fully expecting them to send me away but she was so understanding. She said I've been off the bcp for a year now (even though we haven't been ttc for a year) so we're starting testing. I'm having my bloods done on cd2/3 and again at 7dpo, and DH will be getting SA done this month too - not that he's overly pleased about it! Can totally understand that, but he is definitely going to do it. We'll get our results at the end of August and if it's all good then I'll go for a scan etc. I am so so relieved! Even if there's nothing that comes up at least I'll know there's nothing stopping us. That should make things a bit easier...for a while anyway.

I haven't gone back to catch up on you all yet but I will. I hope everyone is ok. Missed you all so much but I needed to try having a break from 'it all'. And massive thanks for the lovely messages some of you sent me - properly made me tear up. xxx

omg I was just logging on to say some congrats and ask about mrs U!!!!! so glad to see you back love and so glad the docs took you seriously <3 good luck with the testing and I will keep stalking to see your journey :hugs:

CONGRATS melissa!!!!!!!! that is such wonderful news and I am so happy for you. we really are finally starting the bfp frenzy :happydance:

and raine! keep us posted on what is happening!!

les - did you get your CD 3 results back yet??

thinking of you all! I go tomorrow for my next scan and am totally terrified. I know you ladies understand that. I'm dreading it, but now to the point where I just want to get it over with. I want to know the news one way or the other. :dohh:

So good to hear from you MrsU! I'm glad your doc is being so good about testing. I actually started ttc a year ago but to my ob the MMC resets the clock, so getting tests out of her is like pulling teeth. Hope you get that BFP (and baby) so that you don't need any of it, but glad it's there for you if not.

No cd3 results yet. My ob usually messages on Tuesday nights, so I'm expecting to hear back tomorrow morning. If not, I will call.

Good luck on your scan bee <3! Nearly to second tri!

les - that's what I thought the docs would say to me. It's silly though, surely if anything, a mc should bring testing forward not push it back! I'll definitely be having the testing done as I think I'm 11 dpo and bfn this morning (not sure why FF has me down as oing after my +opk as that's only happened once or twice before) She said that a lot of people end up getting pregnant once the testing starts, I hope so but I can't see it.

FX your test results come back soon and you also don't need anymore. How have you been getting on with the progesterone? Hope the side effects have eased a bit.

Bee - so happy to hear all is well. Can't believe you're 10 weeks already. Feels like it's flown by - I'm pretty certain it hasn't felt like that for you though! Good luck for your scan tomorrow. Hopefully you can relax a bit more once you see that bouncing little bubba again.

Bronte - I'm so sorry to hear about your first cycle hun :hugs: I was reading your journal but got a bit lost :dohh::dohh: are you doing another this cycle?

Mrs u - I'm so happy you are back. I was so worried about you and missed you, even though I knew you probably just needed a break. I'm glad you are doing better and I really hope the tests provide some answers and comfort to you during this process. Stay on them about getting it done. It really is relatively easy for them to do, so I don't see why it's such a big deal and why they don't offer some tests to anyone that's TTC.

Bee - you are in my thoughts this week. Really hoping for a good scan tomorrow.

AFM - I'm not 100 percent sure when I'm starting my next cycle now. I don't have an appointment with my doc until Aug. 10 to discuss. I finally meet with my substitute doctor that oversaw my last cycle tomorrow. So hopefully I have more answers then about whey everything failed. We definitely aren't starting any earlier than the end of August though, when my next period should start. It will be a matter if I need to take more meds before that to help with egg quality and then need to wait a bit longer. We'll see what they say.

Bronte - you are so lovely, thank you :hugs: I still thought about it everyday, how can you not? And was desperately hoping to see this cycle had worked for you. I really hope you get something useful from your meeting tomorrow, I can't imagine how frustrating this must be for you :hugs:

My beta is now 47! Here I was thinking it would be great if it was 20!

Mrs U: so glad you are back. I totally understand taking a break. I have been fairly quiet on here as well and just reading. I hope the tests come back fine.

Raine: congrats sweetie!!

Afm: I started taking my provera as I just know af won't come on her own. If I start it today and take it for a week she should arrive on time. I am hoping my anti-depressants will counteract the emotional effects the provera gives. Hubby is going to watch my behavior closely and if he notices I am starting to act crazy then I am to stop the provera. But I think I am will be fine and I am thinking happy thoughts.

Yay, Raine. Huge congrats!!

Aayla: good luck getting your meds working together in unison. You got it. When do you plan on starting the IUI then?

Trying - I'm hanging in there. I feel like I'm through the worst of the grief for now. My worst fear is that we lost our baby and it will just never happen again for us. I just don't understand why it takes us longer, and then after all of this we could just lose the baby again since we have no idea why we lost the first one. Clearly you survive, but I'm sure it's one of the hardest things you've ever been through. At first I thought we conceived once it will happen again, but that just made me expect to see a BFP quickly. I'm at a point where I'm putting less pressure on everything. We're trying, but I'm not really expecting it to work so it's a lot easier when I get those BFNs and need to move on to the next cycle. I'm seeing each cycle as a step closer to more help. Maybe I'll be happily surprised in August, but if not I'm pushing for a referral.

Can they test for NK cells or is it just a process of elimination? I have severe allergies which are related to the immune system, so I definitely worry about things like that. Right now I'm assuming low progesterone was the cause of my MMC, but we won't ever really know and what is causing the low progesterone anyway right? I worry that egg quality is the cause. Oh and that thought that the baby was healthy but my body killed it haunts me a bit sometimes. So a mixed bag I guess, which is probably pretty normal going through this sort of heartbreak.

So glad to have this group here for support and hoping we'll all be sharing baby photos in 2017 <3

I know what you mean about hanging in there. I find that you get over the worst but that black cloud is still looming. It never goes away but I think you just learn how to live with it. Like you I also worry about conceiving again. I was hoping that this time would be quicker as it took so long after my last MC. But doesn't look like it's meant to be. Like you I am not expecting it to work either. My period is due in two days and I accept that she is coming. I had my typical night sweats last night and a bit of cramping. Also I have that horrible metallic CM that I get a couple of days beforehand which is a sure sign that I am out for the cycle. I am also not pushing for referrals yet. I think we will be made to wait a year. Even though we have been TTC for 2 years it has only been 6 months/5 cycles since our MMC.

You can be tested for NK cells but it's very expensive. My acupuncturist has a feeling that are the cause based on when I lost the pregnancies and the fact that it now takes us longer to conceive.
Progesterone can be a cause of a MMC but most. often there was a chromosomal abnormality. However we never know this unless we have the fetus tested. I only had my last one tested because they will only test after three losses which is outrageous.

Strange you say about egg quality. I was thinking the same. I was thinking of getting day 3 bloods taken next cycle? I would have to pay for this privately. Also thinking of getting day 21 bloods taken too. I best email tomorrow if AF is due at the end of the week. Are you thinking of getting these done too?

Hopefully we get our BFP this year. Time is slowly running out for a 2016 BFP but life is full of surprises so you never know :flower:

Raine great results! :thumbup:

Well had my first accunpunture session. Was very odd. Can't say I felt any different but it's early days.
However I did come home and cry my eyes out. It was a real pity party. I think I was very overwhelmed and I had been feeling a bit down today anyway. But I read on google that it can make you emotional after and it is a sign that it is working :wacko:

I'm not convinced at the moment but I am going to give it a try for 6 weeks then decide if it is worth continuing

Ah I see you're in the UK Trying. They do seem to be stricter about not testing until you hit a year with no pregnancy, but MrsU (also in uk) gave it a shot and they agreed. You never know. Here I think it depends somewhat on who your doctor is and how old you are. I'll be 35 next year, so I think I can argue that 6 months ttc after my MMC and 12 months total is plenty. I had my cd21 test back in May and my progesterone level came back at just 3.7ng/ml. They say most MCs are chromosomal chance but by most they mean just about half. The second biggest cause seems to be low progesterone. I've also had DH get an SA (that's private pay here). His numbers were good but motility borderline. I'm on a ton of allergy meds so I don't have the best cm, so I'm playing with that and DH is now on some supplements to see if that helps. Might ask to up my progesterone dosage this cycle as well. We'll see. Thanks for the info on the NK cells. Sounds like acupuncture was a bit cathartic for you so that could be good. Sending hugs your way :hugs:. I totally get what you mean about that dark cloud. You learn to live with it even though you wish you didn't have to.

Raine - congratulations! Wonderful numbers!

Aayla - really hope you get things working with your meds.

Trying - our paths have crossed on here before, but welcome. Sorry if you've answered this before but are you seeing anyone regarding your mc's? I thought they were supposed to get all the testing started after 3? Which I actually think is very cruel, to make someone suffer so many before looking into it. Like leson said, I'm having some done now and I actually haven't been TTC for a full year at all, and I'm at the end of my 5th cycle since the MMC. I may have lucked out with a sympathetic doctor but there's no harm in asking for tests. I didn't actually ask for them, but it was obvious that's what I was after. She also wasn't concerned regarding length of time for anything apart from that I'd been off the bcp since August even though we didn't start TTC till the October.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->