TTC #1 AL Buddies 2016 Newcomers Welcome

My beta level is 4. Yep 4. So as long as I don't start bleeding, they will do another blood test on Monday.

Oh Raine. This sucks. My question is the same as Aaylas then. I hope you make it to Monday and the beta has increased to being pregnant.

When that was drawn it would have been about 10dpo. No bleeding so here's to hoping. I haven't wasted anymore tests since I got the results back. I figured it's not worth it at this point. I might test when I wake up later. Just depends on how I feel.

Hey ladies
Can I join!?
Me and DH have been ttc #1 for 2 years. We have had 3 MCs. Had all of the testing and all came back clear. So we are In the dreaded 'unexplained' catagory.
Anyway we started trying again after the last MC in January and we are still waiting for another BFP. Despite great timing falling pregnant seems to take us a little longer since having the D and Cs (I have had 2). So trying my best to be patient.
I am starting accunpunture next week in hope that it will lower my stress levels and I am also being treated for NK cells through accunpunture as my acupuncturist thinks this may be the cause of my losses.
Today I am 8-9dpo. BD timing was pretty good this cycle but not sure it was enough. I am expecting AF on Thursday/ Friday as my LP is 12 days. .
Sorry for the long intro 😊

Of course you can join trying! Welcome :hugs:. I am so sorry for your losses, and well it just stinks to have to wait so long for that next BFP, doesn't it? Hope AF stays away for you this time. That unexplained category must be so hard after all those tests. Hope the acupuncture helps. What is the treatment for NK cells?

Of course you can join trying! Welcome :hugs:. I am so sorry for your losses, and well it just stinks to have to wait so long for that next BFP, doesn't it? Hope AF stays away for you this time. That unexplained category must be so hard after all those tests. Hope the acupuncture helps. What is the treatment for NK cells?

Thank you :hugs: it stinks big time. I just feel I need to know if next time will be a success or not. If it's not I would rather get it over with so I can then move on to trying something else (not sure what yet).
The unexplained catagory wasn't easy to digest. What really hurt was when they said that the last baby was normal after the genetic tests. So why did I have to go through it all again!? So many questions.
I too am really hoping the accunpunture works. If someone told me to dance in the rain naked along with howling at the full moon, I would do it if it meant having a child of our own :haha:
NK cells are normally treated with intralipids and steroids. Very brutal. But my accunpunturist believes she can lower the levels naturally through the use of accunpunture. Reducing stress levels alone can help with the process of reducing NK cells
I am very sorry for your loss too. How are you feeling about ttc again? I see you are also on cycle 6 xx

Welcome Trying!

So sorry for your losses. What exactly are NK cells,you don't mind?

Hope the acupuncture helps!

Thank you starlight.
And for yours too. So sad that so many of us are in the same boat.
NK (natural killer) cells are present in all of us. However some people have elevated levels. It is thought that these high levels are a cause of recurrent pregnancy loss. These cells attack the embryo as they see it as a foreign object. Although NK cells are good to have at fighting cancers etc they are not good for women who want to have children.
Accunpunture is meant to help. High NK cells have also been linked to stress. Hope this helps 😊

When that was drawn it would have been about 10dpo. No bleeding so here's to hoping. I haven't wasted anymore tests since I got the results back. I figured it's not worth it at this point. I might test when I wake up later. Just depends on how I feel.

If you implanted at 6dpo and started at 1 then you would only be at 4 if you doubled every 48 hours.

6dpo 1
8dpo 2
10 dpo 4

Raine - really hope AF stays away.

Trying - welcome to the group. I wish you the best of luck and I'm so sorry to hear about your recurring pregnancy losses and you don't have an exact answer as to what's causing them. That has to be incredibly hard. I don't know much about NK cells either but whatever the acupuncturist is helping with I really hope it works for you. I know so many that have fallen pregnant after acupuncture.

Thank you so much Bronte.
I see that you are going through the IVF process. Wishing you the best of luck for your next round :hugs:
I have heard good things about accunpunture too. I know that it's not the magic cure but if anything it will be nice to be a happier person. Long term ttc can be draining as many of us are familiar with.
I always have hope though 😊

Raine I have just read about your situation. Aayla is right. Your HCG wouldn't be very high now and 10dpo is very very early. Keeping everything crossed for you :flower:

Trying - I'm hanging in there. I feel like I'm through the worst of the grief for now. My worst fear is that we lost our baby and it will just never happen again for us. I just don't understand why it takes us longer, and then after all of this we could just lose the baby again since we have no idea why we lost the first one. Clearly you survive, but I'm sure it's one of the hardest things you've ever been through. At first I thought we conceived once it will happen again, but that just made me expect to see a BFP quickly. I'm at a point where I'm putting less pressure on everything. We're trying, but I'm not really expecting it to work so it's a lot easier when I get those BFNs and need to move on to the next cycle. I'm seeing each cycle as a step closer to more help. Maybe I'll be happily surprised in August, but if not I'm pushing for a referral.

Can they test for NK cells or is it just a process of elimination? I have severe allergies which are related to the immune system, so I definitely worry about things like that. Right now I'm assuming low progesterone was the cause of my MMC, but we won't ever really know and what is causing the low progesterone anyway right? I worry that egg quality is the cause. Oh and that thought that the baby was healthy but my body killed it haunts me a bit sometimes. So a mixed bag I guess, which is probably pretty normal going through this sort of heartbreak.

So glad to have this group here for support and hoping we'll all be sharing baby photos in 2017 <3

Thank you starlight.
And for yours too. So sad that so many of us are in the same boat.
NK (natural killer) cells are present in all of us. However some people have elevated levels. It is thought that these high levels are a cause of recurrent pregnancy loss. These cells attack the embryo as they see it as a foreign object. Although NK cells are good to have at fighting cancers etc they are not good for women who want to have children.
Accunpunture is meant to help. High NK cells have also been linked to stress. Hope this helps &#128522;
Thank you for explaining! How do they discover this issue? Is there a certain test? Sorry, just curious.

Trying--welcome! I've thought about doing acupuncture also.

Working on getting the picture from today on here.

From today...

Attachments

• 1469393139170.jpg
    1469393139170.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 11
From today...

Ooh that's definitely a BFP. Looks like you have gone from 4 up to 8 which is perfect doubling. Hopefully your blood draw tomorrow will be between 10&12 and you will have a clearer test to match it!

That looks great raine! Congrats! Hoping it's a healthy little bean snuggling on in <3. Let me know when you want me to update the wall :)

Hi everyone. It's been a while since I have been on here! I was driving myself mad, obsessing and freaking out every month when I didn't get my bfp. I have been following everyone still, welcome everyone that's new! This group of ladies are great! I've been praying for you guys daily!

Update on me: after 8 months of trying we finally got our bfp. I stopped putting so much pressure on us and making it happen, and as cliche' as it sounds, I think that's what helped! I'm at just over 4 weeks. Went in at 10dpo and did blood work and I was at HCG 21, progesterone 26.7. I go in Tuesday, 17 dpo to check progession. My test lines are almost as dark as the control line so I think the progression is good.

I will continue to monitor and pray for everyone here. Your rainbow babies are right around the corner, I just know it!

Melissa

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->