TTC #1 AL Buddies 2016 Newcomers Welcome

Gagrlinpitt - you kind of got buried there, but welcome to the group. So sorry for your recent CP and your loss. I think taking some time off is helpful to grieve and then get in a frame of mind to start TTC again. Take all the time you need.

Starlight - you are definitely not the only one at all and I think that's probably one of the main reasons they have separated a lot of these boards, so we can be with people that are in similar situations. I actually never even go on the TTC boards, because I don't really feel that's me anymore. I think that's one of the reasons Les started this thread too because TTC #1 after a loss does make us a unique group. Heck my loss happened forever ago, but it still does put us in a unique perspective of not having a child while TTC and the strange feelings you go through, no matter how long ago your loss occurred. Anyway, don't feel bad about staying away.

Les - yay for booking trips. Where are you going? And I'm an Olympics-aholic as well! Go Team USA (sorry - not sorry- UK friends).

It's the insanity that some women who already have kids go to that I just can't fathom. I'm not saying they shouldn't be longing for another. Not at all. Just that in the process of being neurotic about TTC their next baby they must be missing out on their existing children grown up :wacko:

Also - go team GB:haha: and well done USA you're doing so well!

We're heading out to DC to visit my brother and his wife for Thanksgiving. To get cheaper plane tickets we will be there for over a week! I decided that DH and I deserved a trip away just the two of us around there the weekend after thanksgiving, so I booked a little bed and breakfast northern Maryland. There are breweries, mountains/waterfalls, and Bryan Voltaggio's restaurant! I think my brother is a little sad that we're leaving him early, but we so need it.

What sport don't I love at the Olympics? I've mostly been watching tennis (my dad played in college and taught me as a kid...fond memories) and beach volleyball (so fast paced and fun and love seeing Walsh still killing it) these past two days. Swimming as well (I hate swimming myself but am amazed at these athletes and what they can do always get faster and stronger).

I may be biased :) but I LOVE seeing such strong women doing amazing things. Women are not televised often in sports and this is one of the few times we get to see how amazing they really are! I also love to see the world all come together as one: Selfie

I can't wait for Track and Field (my event from high school), and I watch gymnastics (another sport I did but just up until high school...my sister kept going and was captain of the high school team). Love soccer (family sport...I have a few cousins who play pro), and also Volleyball (just because!).

A friend posted this article, and my husband read it while I was watching a silent game of tennis with Venus Williams (poor girl she looked so sick) yelling at the screen and cheering when she scored. He had a good chuckle...yea not a sports fan at all...

RE appointment booked for November 8th. Three months out as expected. Hopefully they have something open up sooner. Then this girl can find out if she has small follicles and get the problem fixed. It seems like such an easy thing to diagnose and fix...such a shame that I have to wait so long for help on it...

My brother and SIL have been trying since October last year (so just 2 months after me and DH), but she is not ovulating and she was recently diagnosed with PCOS. People pay attention to that problem so she's already in with an ob who specializes in PCOS. She didn't respond to Clomid, so they're trying inositol for 6-8 weeks and then Clomid again. I feel like if they can just get her ovulating she'll be pregnant in no time, which would be amazing for them. Thanksgiving then would be incredibly happy and hard at all once. I realized that this might not be easy for us from the start. I never imagined losing my first, and I never realized how bittersweet this journey would be. Trying to build up the strength now to get through my EDD next month and meet my little nephew who was born in July.

Gagrlinpitt - you kind of got buried there, but welcome to the group. So sorry for your recent CP and your loss. I think taking some time off is helpful to grieve and then get in a frame of mind to start TTC again. Take all the time you need.

Starlight - you are definitely not the only one at all and I think that's probably one of the main reasons they have separated a lot of these boards, so we can be with people that are in similar situations. I actually never even go on the TTC boards, because I don't really feel that's me anymore. I think that's one of the reasons Les started this thread too because TTC #1 after a loss does make us a unique group. Heck my loss happened forever ago, but it still does put us in a unique perspective of not having a child while TTC and the strange feelings you go through, no matter how long ago your loss occurred. Anyway, don't feel bad about staying away.

Les - yay for booking trips. Where are you going? And I'm an Olympics-aholic as well! Go Team USA (sorry - not sorry- UK friends).

What do you like watching?!

We're heading out to DC to visit my brother and his wife for Thanksgiving. To get cheaper plane tickets we will be there for over a week! I decided that DH and I deserved a trip away just the two of us around there the weekend after thanksgiving, so I booked a little bed and breakfast northern Maryland. There are breweries, mountains/waterfalls, and Bryan Voltaggio's restaurant! I think my brother is a little sad that we're leaving him early, but we so need it.

What sport don't I love at the Olympics? I've mostly been watching tennis (my dad played in college and taught me as a kid...fond memories) and beach volleyball (so fast paced and fun and love seeing Walsh still killing it) these past two days. Swimming as well (I hate swimming myself but am amazed at these athletes and what they can do always get faster and stronger).

I may be biased :) but I LOVE seeing such strong women doing amazing things. Women are not televised often in sports and this is one of the few times we get to see how amazing they really are! I also love to see the world all come together as one: Selfie

I also can't wait for Track and Field (my event from high school), and I watch gymnastics (another sport I did but just up until high school...my sister was kept going and was captain of the high school team). Love soccer (family sport...I have a few cousins who play pro), and also Volleyball (just because!).

A friend posted this article, and my husband read it while I was watching a silent game of tennis with Venus Williams (poor girl she looked so sick) yelling at the screen and cheering when she scored. He had a good chuckle...yea not a sports fan at all...

Oh DC will be great! So much to do there. Sounds like a wonderful getaway!!

Also welcome gag and yes that is why I started this thread. Totally welcoming safe place for all who are going through any kind of loss and trying to find the strength to keep on ttcing for baby #1.

Bronte And leson thank you for the kind welcome. Today is one of those days where I just want to crawl into a hole.. I just feel blah...

Les - November 8? Dang. I hope they can get you in sooner. Mine was supposed to be a 3 month wait as well and then they got cancellations. So fingers crossed for you. What makes you think you have smaller follicles and what would that entail? Would that mean you aren't properly ovulating either then or ovulating immature eggs? Sorry, I'm so engrossed in assisted conception now that I'm not sure I know what follicle size relates to normally.

I love your sports obsession. I agree completely that I love seeing women in sports featured so much. Some of you know I played roller derby, but even though it was a semi-professional sport (which FYI - I didn't play at that level) they weren't even featured in the sports section of the newspapers until this year in my area. Granted that has something to do with it being perceived as a non-sport and being staged due to the 70s era of televised roller derby, but it's not like that at all anymore. Anyway, I celebrate women athletes being featured as well because they are not featured nearly as much as men's sports!

My favorites to watch are probably gymnastics (even the rhythmic and trampoline ones, which are super cool), diving, and volleyball (both beach and indoor - I also played that throughout school and took volleyball camps with Lloy Ball and Arnie Ball - whom neither coach the USA team or play anymore, but I still enjoy watching both the mens and women's teams. I'd love to see Walsh-Jennings win her fourth gold. That would be quite an achievement.).

I don't mind track and field and swimming but they seem to go on forever and I like them at first and am ready to move on. I watch mostly the finals for all those.

And of course table tennis and badminton are fun, because how often are those televised?

Hey girls, just a quick update n then I will stay more n the sidelines n cheer!

Went into a small clinic here in my very small home town n I got to listen to the baby's heartbeat. Found it pretty fast! My first apmt with my dr is on the 23rd, can't wait.

I will continue to pray for all of us.

Hey girls, just a quick update n then I will stay more n the sidelines n cheer!

Went into a small clinic here in my very small home town n I got to listen to the baby's heartbeat. Found it pretty fast! My first apmt with my dr is on the 23rd, can't wait.

I will continue to pray for all of us.
Aww! So exciting!❤️

Richieesmom - yay for finding the heartbeat. So excited and happy for you!

Les - forgot to mention have fun in DC area. The bed and breakfast sounds like a great idea. If you like one in particular you must share the name of it. My sister also lives in the DC area so we go out periodically. It might be fun to try some new places while there for a mini vacation as well.

Richees: that's so great you got to hear the heartbeat.

Welcome Gagrlinpitt!

Trying: why would the egg be no good? Is it because of the possibility of short LP? Sometimes when you ovulate late the LP stays the same giving you a longer cycle. I have 35 day cycles and before the mc ovulated on cd 17. Now it's cd 19/20.

Star: I'm not charting anymore either. This month we are doing another timed cycle and I know I O on cd 19/20 so I know to do it around that time. I have to use opk's for the IUI, which is stupid because I surge the same day I ovulate. But I hear you on the TTC forum front. I barely use this one anymore. i stick to my regular threads now and I don't go searching for new ones. It's so hard to see some posts. And not the bfps. It's the constant "I'm out because I didn't get a positive at 7dpo" posts. or "It's 4dpo, I have no symptoms..I'm out" posts.

I've been watching the Olympics online. Particularly the diving and cycling. I am looking forward to the Triathlon on the 18th. That's my favorite, along with diving. The others I kind of just watch here and there.

AFM: no af yet but I had loads of cramping today. If she could hold of 2 more days that would be great. I am going away the last weekend of the month without hubby and if af comes tonight or tomorrow then I can't go as I will ovulate that weekend. So now I am hoping she stays away for just a little bit longer :haha:

Richees: that's so great you got to hear the heartbeat.

Welcome Gagrlinpitt!

Trying: why would the egg be no good? Is it because of the possibility of short LP? Sometimes when you ovulate late the LP stays the same giving you a longer cycle. I have 35 day cycles and before the mc ovulated on cd 17. Now it's cd 19/20.

Star: I'm not charting anymore either. This month we are doing another timed cycle and I know I O on cd 19/20 so I know to do it around that time. I have to use opk's for the IUI, which is stupid because I surge the same day I ovulate. But I hear you on the TTC forum front. I barely use this one anymore. i stick to my regular threads now and I don't go searching for new ones. It's so hard to see some posts. And not the bfps. It's the constant "I'm out because I didn't get a positive at 7dpo" posts. or "It's 4dpo, I have no symptoms..I'm out" posts.

I've been watching the Olympics online. Particularly the diving and cycling. I am looking forward to the Triathlon on the 18th. That's my favorite, along with diving. The others I kind of just watch here and there.

AFM: no af yet but I had loads of cramping today. If she could hold of 2 more days that would be great. I am going away the last weekend of the month without hubby and if af comes tonight or tomorrow then I can't go as I will ovulate that weekend. So now I am hoping she stays away for just a little bit longer :haha:

Hope she stays away for a few more days! I think stepping away will be good for me, shockingly though DH said keep doing it if you want to. I thought for sure he'd say get rid of it, as I stress him out!

You got it those are the posts in talking about, the whining. I have myself a good cry when she shows up too but I can't sit and dwell on everything and be so negative!

Do any of you have horrible mother in laws?? Mine is the devil I swear. I could write a book about all the crap she's done. But anyway we don't speak to her for many reasons ( ruining my wedding pics, not telling us my SIL sold a car we fixed up for her). But she won't stay away. She send DH a text about how much she loves him ( her guilt trip) & that she wants to sit down and talk with just him. Right there shows me she doesn't wanna talk she wants to manipulate. Which is all she ever does!

Okay so scratch my MIL vent! Sorry! I got a better dilemma. AF is due today on Tuesday my temp dropped like a rock ( which happens right before AF). Then went back up Wed. I tested with IC and got faint line after time limit - I'd say within 10 min but not sure. Today, slightly darker but doesn't come up right away.
Idk if it just too early, I didn't get positive until 16dpo last time & today is 15dpo. Thoughts? I'm not getting my hope up until the lines are darker.

These are today ..
https://i64.tinypic.com/idspxf.jpg

girl that's it!!!!!!! BFP frenzy continues!!!!

and ps. my mother in law (and FIL) are the worst people ever. It took a long time, but we've cut them out of life completely. actually it was a two way street - they cut us out too. It's so much better when we aren't in contact!!!!

girl that's it!!!!!!! BFP frenzy continues!!!!

and ps. my mother in law (and FIL) are the worst people ever. It took a long time, but we've cut them out of life completely. actually it was a two way street - they cut us out too. It's so much better when we aren't in contact!!!!
Ahh! Thanks! I'd like to see it get darker!

Glad I'm not the only one.. Seriously we've had such a good year without talking to her!!! I wish she'd cut us off too haha!

Yey starlight that looks bfp to me! have you tried a FRER or something more sensitive?

Also on the MIL front, mine summoned DH over to hers on New Year's Day a couple of years ago. She texted him at 11pm on NYE saying she had to speak to him alone. He drove over (2hrs) just for her to complain for a good 3 hours about how we hadn't considered her enough in our wedding, Christmas and general life plans! Don't think we've ever really forgiven her for that.

Yey starlight that looks bfp to me! have you tried a FRER or something more sensitive?

Also on the MIL front, mine summoned DH over to hers on New Year's Day a couple of years ago. She texted him at 11pm on NYE saying she had to speak to him alone. He drove over (2hrs) just for her to complain for a good 3 hours about how we hadn't considered her enough in our wedding, Christmas and general life plans! Don't think we've ever really forgiven her for that.

No, not yet. I have a digi but I'm waiting on that. Which is the most sensitive FRER or something else? I'm not up to date on test sensitivity.

Omg that'd be something my mother in law would do. She likes to appear on holidays and guilt trip/demand things. Which is exactly why she'd want to sit down just with DH so she can complain and blame things on me. She has already told DH grandparents that she has "issues" with me and that in the problem. Yet, I've honestly done nothing to her but call her out on her BS.

Yep FRER are definitely the most sensitive. Digis are not very sensitive so I wouldn't do that just yet. Good luck!!!

I just keep out of the MIL stuff now. I don't speak to her on the phone or anything but we're all nicey - nice when we do see each other. She's not too bad most of the time but if / when we do have a baby I know that'll be a whole new battle or source of aggro!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->