TTC #1 AL Buddies 2016 Newcomers Welcome

Trying - yeah you should be fine on timing. It doesn't hurt to do a session post ovulation too. And don't feel bad for not doing it every day, as you mentioned that can actually be less effective. You got it.

I'm so curious how the acupuncturist actually knew you'd ovulated then. How could she tell?

Aayla - yay for an upcoming IUI. Great news. Good luck!

Thanks Bronte.
I am not expecting a BFP but I know that we had a 'try' even if it wasn't our best go. Maybe we need to relax more as maybe too much BD does more harm than good. I said to DH that next cycle maybe we need to start every other day from CD10 just incase we get a surprise early O again.

She was able to tellfrom my pulse. Creepy! Last week she also said to me that ovulation is 7-8 days away. I didn't believe it but she was right! Next time I will listen more as wasn't prepared at all this cycle :haha:

Aayla your right. As long as there was some sperm there ready and waiting. Even though it's not much there were some which would be better than none :thumbup:
I won't test unless AF is late as I don't like to see a BFN. I am away anyway at the end of my cycle which will be good as there will be no temptation to test. Also it will help the last part of the TWW to be a bit easier.
Also if I get AF it should be less of a blow as I will be super busy 😊
Did you get your AF?

Star- I am so sorry :hugs: I think you experienced a chemical as there was a def line on the test. Sadly they happen all to often. Just so cruel as you get your hopes up of a BFP. I feel for you, I have been there too. It's a very confusing time.
Really hoping your next one is round the corner :flower:

I did get af. CD 2 today. Go for my fsh test tomorrow and start the letrozole tomorrow. Then opk's from cd 12 ish. I don't ovulate until around cd 19. They want me to start at cd 10 because they keep liking to think I ovulate on cd 14. No matter how many times I tell them I don't.

So now I am unsure of what to do as I sometimes don't see a surge until the day I ovulate and I never see anything in the morning, usually around 7pm. But they want me to test with fmu.

I am tempted to book my iui on cd 19 and be done with it.

Aayla your right. As long as there was some sperm there ready and waiting. Even though it's not much there were some which would be better than none :thumbup:
I won't test unless AF is late as I don't like to see a BFN. I am away anyway at the end of my cycle which will be good as there will be no temptation to test. Also it will help the last part of the TWW to be a bit easier.
Also if I get AF it should be less of a blow as I will be super busy 😊
Did you get your AF?

Star- I am so sorry :hugs: I think you experienced a chemical as there was a def line on the test. Sadly they happen all to often. Just so cruel as you get your hopes up of a BFP. I feel for you, I have been there too. It's a very confusing time.
Really hoping your next one is round the corner :flower:

Thank you. Yeah I think everything points to it being a chemical. Hoping this was my body's way of getting ready for the real deal.

Star - I'm so sorry :hugs: it's so cruel after seeing a line. Hope you're as OK as you can be. Xxx

Thanks. Overall I'm okay. I'm trying not to think about what could of been. Just trying to realize it wasn't the time yet. And I know this. I haven't shared a lot but this year was a doozie besides our m/c my husband lost his job right before- still hasn't found one. And I hated every second of my job last year. So slowly things are getting better, trying to be hopeful that our time is around the corner. Because 2016 was not our year.

Star - it does seem to feel like a lot of major life events or trials often happen close together. So sorry you are going through one of those periods right now. Really hope your husband is able to find some work and you'll get to find a job that suits you more and is more enjoyable. Those are all really important.

Good luck. And more hugs in the meantime.

Trying - so fascinating they can tell that from a pulse. So interesting. And my husband and I did lots of more relaxed months. It honestly made the process much more bearable. I stopped temping early on and didn't do opks much once I learned to trust my body's natural signals more. Now granted looking back we definetly should have went for help much sooner but we had a strong suspicion IVF was going to be our only option and just weren't ready for it physically, emotionally, and financially at the time. Wish I would have been because I probably would have had much more success. But I can't change that now. But I'm glad we saved ourselves a lot of unneeded stress by being a bit more relaxed each month along the way.

The pulse thing makes a bit of sense. There are some women that have had their fit bit detect ovulation based on their hear rate. I don't think it said anything specific but they probably noticed that their heart rate changed when they went into the TWW.

AFM: did my day 3 FSH and Estradiol tests. My FSH was 4.8miU/L and My Estradiol was 94 miU/L. Some things say my FSH is fine and I have a good reserve with that number but some things say it is low and this shows I have PCOS (which I know I have). My Estradiol is low for sure and I knew this would be the case with PCOS. Now I just wait for the doc to call, if they will. Not sure if they are going to go over the results me.

Since today is day 3 I started my letrozole today. I will be using opk's starting day 12 and if I don't get a positive by the end of cd 19 I am going to ask for an ultrasound to see what is going on. I am going to make sure we have sex just in case we miss the window for the IUI.

Those actually look pretty good to me Aayla. The FSH is pretty much smack in the middle of the normal range which is good.

I can't remember what my E2 was at day three and I'm sure it's completely different for IUI. But I think that number comes a lot more into play as the cycle goes on.

What has become one of my favorite sites throughout this process talks about the numbers a bit and it says your E2 is a smidge high for a day 3, but barely. I think every site and source has different info too so you are always going to get conflicting info it seems. It's super frustrating.

Also with PCOS and at least IVF the E2 numbers I've seen all seem to be elevated in the PCOS women so I'd imagine you might expect that with the IUI.

Good luck. Excited for you to start!!

https://www.advancedfertility.com/day3fsh.htm

awesome thanks! I will definitely look more into that site.

Gag - sorry about that insensitive comment! Ugh, people just don't know, do they?

Trying - sounds like acu went amazingly for you! It's incredible she could tell so much. As for BD, there is next month, but you never know, you could get lucky! Last time I had a BFP we dtd like five days before ovulation (based on OPK and temp), so anything is possible!

Aayla - yay for af! Sounds like you're right on track. I'm excited to follow your progress. That's only a couple weeks away! If you know your cycle that well why not just book it? I know they want you to test, but it sounds like there would be a chance of missing it that way?

Star, glad your cycles aren't off too much and you're staying positive. And I'm sorry that happened. Something similar happened to me last month :hugs: Somehow I have more hope at least knowing my body can get that BFP after the last loss even if this wasn't the one. Here's to a better future because we are on the upswing.

Les - I hope you had a great weekend!

Bee - when are we going to see that new journal? Did you start it yet?

AFM, I'm kind of relaxing on TTC this month. I had EWCM last week so I guess I ovulated, but the tests have been inconclusive since the family was here over the weekend and I was too distracted to test. So it may have gone by. Our BD has been better than last month, so who knows. I'm feeling very ok either way.

The only reason I am reluctant to book it is because my O date has changed a couple of time. Before the mc it was cd 17. Then after it was cd 19 until last cycle where it switched to cd 20. So I'm not completely confident on the date it will be. If it goes back to cd 19 and we do the IUI then that's great but if it changed to cd 20 or even 21 then we did it too early and the sperm don't survive that long. Or if it changes back (which I hope not because I will be out of town that day without hubby), then we will miss our shot.

Thankfully we only pay when hubby goes in to do his thing. so missing it won't be a big deal and we can just BD.

Aayla - Do they require you to schedule it this early? It's a tough call because you definetly want to catch the window but since timing is important it might not hurt to wait and see. Good luck on the decision!

Becca - so pleased you are feeling a bit more relaxed especially after your emotionally tough last cycle. Hugs, Girl.

No they don't. They want to wait until I get a positive opk. So that will be what we do I think. I will be testing twice a day to make sure I catch the surge. I will start testing on cd 12. Tomorrow will be cd 7.

Hi girls, I hope you don't mind me updating you. I'm sure you all know how terrified I was / am of a repeat episode this time. It's not been easy these past few weeks. I had another scare, spotting and cramping, I completely freaked. I went to A&E (as my mw told me too) and spent 5 hours being told by a nurse / doctor / registrar that they need to scan me to know what's going on but 'emergency' gynaecology was fully booked. It was such a stressful day, I almost walked out twice and cried several times.

I eventually got an appointment for a scan yesterday morning and we saw baby and its little heart beating away!!! I just, I cannot even put it into words what it feels like to see that after see a big old empty sac before. We're still proceeding with caution, it's still super early, but it's such a relief to know it's not another blighted ovum. I hope you don't mind me popping in, but it's been an emotional couple of days and, idk, I just felt I really needed to share it with you girls. You've helped me through so much. Xx

I'm still following you girls everyday.
Aayla - I'm so excited for your first IUI cycle. Sending lots and lots of luck your way.
Bronte - it sounds like you've got an amazing plan to see you though to your next cycle. You are doing an amazing job - don't ever forget that. Xx
Becca - glad your feeling a bit better after last cycle. Our bodies can be so cruel to us sometimes. Sending hugs. Xx

Unicorn that's so exciting.. I am so glad for you that everything is going well.. You give me hope!

Aayla - that does sound like the best option.

Mrs U - so glad you and baby are doing well. How aweful you had a big scare, which I'm sure was horrible. But I know it has to be a huge relief to see the baby and know you made it further along then you did the last time. I'm glad you came and updated us. I still want to follow along on your journey. Are you going to do a pregnancy journal? Or are you entering your progress anywhere else on here, I can follow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->