TTC #1 AL Buddies 2016 Newcomers Welcome

Yep FRER are definitely the most sensitive. Digis are not very sensitive so I wouldn't do that just yet. Good luck!!!

I just keep out of the MIL stuff now. I don't speak to her on the phone or anything but we're all nicey - nice when we do see each other. She's not too bad most of the time but if / when we do have a baby I know that'll be a whole new battle or source of aggro!

Thanks, maybe I'll pick one up later today.

Yeah I'm not looking toward to involving her with a baby. She pissed me off last time bc she never asked one word about our baby but then came knocking on our door wanting to "talk about our issues" days after our m/c. I wanted to punch her out!

Starlight - I'm remaining cautiosly optimistic for you. I definitely see something, but I agree it would be nice if it came up sooner. Hope it's great news for you. Let us know how the other tests go.

Sorry you are having MIL issues. That's no fun at all. My MIL is pretty great and we don't have issues with my in-laws at all. Even regardless there's always something small that comes up that annoys us. Most of it's revolved when they have to come stay with us for the weekend. It would be easier if we didn't have that many days together :) Hope you can get it worked out.

Wow - Mrs. U and Bee - so sorry you have in-law issues as well. Bee I knew you did and it's great if it has worked to cut them out and everyone is happy.

It's hard to say, but if I had to guess I think it's been best for everyone involved. I suspected it had been for DH, and now he admits that it has. I think it's def better for his super emotional mother that does nothing but sob every time there are interactions. His dad might be the only one hurting, but again that's for his own selfish reasons - we don't need to open that can of worms again lol.

glad that you get along with yours well! life is just so much easier when we can all get along!

Thanks Bronte! I'm being very cautious as well. It was just so odd bc I was sure she was coming Tuesday. So I'll be waiting to see

Glad you have a good MIL. Honestly we were good at the start then pyscho SIL came in for our wedding and all he** broke lose. Then I started to see this side. I think she has some issues mentally. Like she can't be happy for her children unless it directly relates to her.

Star: I totally see lines on both of those!! My MIL is a drug addict and a thief. We have no contact with her. My DH has dealt with her issues all his life. She was a dabbler before hand but then one of her children died a very tragic death at a young age. And then she fell into the rabbit hole, as it were, and never came out. I've met her a few times but she isn't in our life. His dad used to be an alcoholic and separated from his mom eons ago. We talk on FB but don't see much of him. But that's mainly a transportation issue more than anything else. He was at our wedding. He's a nice man.

Despite his mom's issues, I almost feel blessed for them as I don't have to deal with MIL butting in issues.

So DH and I are going to do a nice dinner this weekend and I'm going to take a break from everything for a bit. I'll be back around fertile week, and still cheering everyone on in pregnancy and ttc.

Looks like a BFP for you star. Congrats!

So DH and I are going to do a nice dinner this weekend and I'm going to take a break from everything for a bit. I'll be back around fertile week, and still cheering everyone on in pregnancy and ttc.

A break will do you good hun :hugs: we'll miss you though :hugs:

Star: I totally see lines on both of those!! My MIL is a drug addict and a thief. We have no contact with her. My DH has dealt with her issues all his life. She was a dabbler before hand but then one of her children died a very tragic death at a young age. And then she fell into the rabbit hole, as it were, and never came out. I've met her a few times but she isn't in our life. His dad used to be an alcoholic and separated from his mom eons ago. We talk on FB but don't see much of him. But that's mainly a transportation issue more than anything else. He was at our wedding. He's a nice man.

Despite his mom's issues, I almost feel blessed for them as I don't have to deal with MIL butting in issues.

Oh wow! You definitely don't want to around those types of problems. Glad his dad got away and bettered himself.

Enjoy your dinner and your time away! We'll miss you but the time away will be good.

So one of my co workers found out about my cp and had the audacity to ask "well can you really consider that a miscarriage.. Were you really even pregnant..". I really just want to punch her in the face. Can't even chalk that up to being immature as she is 36.. I'm just considering it stupid and moving on.

Gag - so sorry. I've had some really insensitive stuff said to me at times as well. And usually people don't really know what to say and are trying to be helpful, but it's often not.

Sometimes I use it as a teaching moment or sometimes I just ignore it. Hopefully you can do either of that with her.

I actually don't know a ton about CP's either, despite being on these boards. But what I do know is that no matter when you lose your pregnancy or how far along you are is that it's a horrible experience. I never knew how bad it was until I experienced it myself.

Hugs again!

Aayla- yeah I'm worrying about a short LP. I used to have a short one, 9 days before MC number 2. I guess I just panic that it will go back that way. Also I heard that late O and a short LP doesn't produce good quality eggs.

Starlight that is def a BFP girl. Congrats!! :thumbup:

CD15 here and had my 3rd Acupunture session today. She told me that I had just ovulated. Eeek! Was not expecting that! I came home and took an OPK and it was blazing positive! So feel like we have not BD enough and have missed the boat. We have only BD twice this fertile window. Today on ovulation day at about 6pm and on Tueday. PM, which was two days before ovulation. We were tempted to do it last night as we were in the mood but we said no we will wait due to it not being good for sperm (we were told to DTD every other) then I go and ovulate early! Arghhh! I would have done it last night too!
But hey what the hell. There's always next month. I am not going to dwell on it as its too late now :haha:

Trying: I think your timing was fine. You did it today and if she was right about you ovulating today then that is fine. It's also possible she is wrong as I don't put much stock into someone knowing when ovulation happened by acupuncture. but if the OPK is positive today it is likely ovulation will happen tomorrow if it didn't happen today. And the day before is also a good day for timing.

Les: hope you have a great dinner and some relaxing time away.

AFM: I got spotting today!! So happy. The fertility doc also called to go over the IUI procedure. It got me excited to do this again. so I have talked to hubby and we are going to take a good hard look at our budget. I'm also only working about 20 hours a week right now but I could easily work 40. But it's been nice to not really have to. But double the money is nice. and I just got a small raise. We would have most of the amount in one week if I worked 40 hours.

time to not be so lazy and complacent and work full time now.

so it looks like IUI is back on. I am spotting more regular as the night goes on so I should expect af tomorrow or Saturday. The IUI should happen on Aug 30 or 31st.

They want to go by OPK's. I am to use clear blue or first response (regular not digi) and do it with fmu. I have never got a surge with fmu. Always around 7pm. And before the mc I was lucky and surged the day before I ovulated. Now I surge the same day. They didn't understand how I knew that. I told them I temp. So I would get the surge, and the next day I would get the temp spike. I know I ovulate on cd 19 or 20. I asked if I could just book it for a specific day since I know when I ovulate. They said that yes, it is possible as I am the paying customer but they really do want to try and rely on the opk.

Hi Aayla
Yeah I guess it's not as bad as I think. It's beacause other months we normally DTD for 4 days or so in a row. That isn't giving us any results so maybe less is more? To be honest it was nice having more of a relaxed cycle as it was all getting too much. Although I now felt like we didn't give it our all.

I think I did ovulate yesterday as I got some pains and I have ovulated the day of a positive OPK before. Just hope that yesterday's spermies had enough time to get where they needed to go. But if not there were some left from two days before I hope. I read that the best time to conceive is having sex two days before ovulation as the sperm are at a good level of maturity.

Fab that you will soon be having a rround of IUI :thumbup: If you know your cycle well then booking it wouldn't be a problem. Especially if you ovulate that day of a positive OPK it doesn't give them much warning so it will be in their best interest to let you book in 😊

Trying - yeah you should be fine on timing. It doesn't hurt to do a session post ovulation too. And don't feel bad for not doing it every day, as you mentioned that can actually be less effective. You got it.

I'm so curious how the acupuncturist actually knew you'd ovulated then. How could she tell?

Aayla - yay for an upcoming IUI. Great news. Good luck!

Trying: the egg lives for 24 hours once released. Ideally, so they say,she likes to have sperm waiting for her and since you did it 2 days prior I think there would be and you did it the day of. There are ladieswho only did it once 5 days prior who got pregnant (although I think this is rare). But it does happen. So who knows? Will you be testing early or waiting for af to be late?

Gag: you are going to get all sorts of inconsiderate and rude comments. Most people don't think of mc as any big thing. Until they go through it. My dad told me that I wasn't really pregnant until 12 weeks because that is the normal cut off time for abortion. I just had to nod and sort of agree. I understood his sentiment and what he was trying to say but it still floored me.

AFM: cd 1 today!! Thank goodness my blood labs are open on a Sunday. That is day 3 and I have to get day 3 blood work done.

Well not sure what that was, late period or possible chemical. My temp was 97.72, not as high but still well above my cover.The longest LP I've had was 15 days and that was coming off of BC. Since my m/c they've all been 13. This was 16, but she arrived. I'm thankful bc I thought my cycles we're going to be all messed up. So hopefully they won't be off much.

Hope it's a great weekend for you all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->