• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC #1 AL Buddies 2016 Newcomers Welcome

Wow you ladies have this down to a science. I never had luck with temping probably because I'd always forget to do it before I started moving around in the morning. However I hope your temps are all good news and that you ladies get a BFP this cycle!!!

My spotting is heavier now and redder so likely AF now. No shock though. I am super excited for my appointment but a bit nervous. I had prepared myself for May so now I have to get my head around possibly earlier. I have a feeling I'm going to be told I need to lose weight though since I've put on quite a bit since TTC. But I'm working on it. Plus I have no idea how we are going to pay for everything so I'm really curious to talk to the financial people. I know they offer packages if you qualify. It's a bit stressful though and it's annoying insurance won't cover anything.

5 DPO here and what's with my temps? Anyone know anything about almost flat line temps? Not experienced this before and it's bugging me, why isn't anything happening?!

Bronte - is your appointment Tuesday? I hope you manage to sort something out financially. It seems so wrong that TTC can be ridiculously expensive. As if it isn't hard enough already without that kind of stress.

How is everyone?

Happy Easter ladies, for those that celebrate.

Hope everyone is doing alright. Several of you should be testing soon so I'm really excited to see results.

Mrs. U - I don't know much about temps. As mentioned mine were always all over the place but I was super bad about not testing right away in the morning. Hopefully someone else has a good answer to help.

My appointment is Tuesday. I'm super excited but nervous. It is frustrating that finances have to play a part of it. Luckily my parents have offered to loan us some but it's still overwhelming. Plus there's lots of financing options to choose from and it feels like gambling. And given my luck with gambling, we are likely to be the ones to pay way over and not end up with a kid. Grrr. It's stressful and I haven't even talked to the doctor yet.

A few ladies have said they had flat line temps with their bfps so that's good. Not that I think I am but it's good to know it doesn't mean the opposite! I keep waking up at 5am needing the loo so I've been taking it then before I get out of bed. Wondering if that's why they are on the low side. I feel pretty much out this cycle anyway. I've been in such a grump the past couple of days. It occurred to me the other day that we've been on the TTC journey 7 months next month. Now I know that's nothing to some people, and I feel a bit bad about moaning about it, but now I feel like we're back a square one. Back at the beginning of those 6/7 months. Don't know if I can do it all again, I'm exhausted. But I guess I'm going to anyway.

Bronte - try to not stress yourself out too much. I hope things are clearer and you feel happier once you've discussed the finances as well as everything else. Think positive too! I'm sure you will get your baby soon. It's a big step so I'm sure it's normal to feel nervous, but it's the right step. Xx

Oh, then that could definitely be promising Mrs. U. good luck!!! No matter how long you have been trying for it's still frustrating and exhausting at every stage. The waiting is horrible. Hang in there!

Thanks for the encouraging words too!

Hi everyone. I am sorry to be joining this and that this group even has to exist. Loss is hard!

A little about me: Me (28) DH (30), together since 2006- married 2014. Started TTC #1 June 2015. BFP Sept 2015. MMC November 4th 2015 (D&C)

Took a small break around the holidays and really started trying again in January.

Happened to have my yearly last month around ovulation, so my OB did a follicle scan. Tri layer lining with a 24mm follicle. She said it was perfect for ovulation and implantation yet here I am... on to the next month :nope:. I had an extremely short period this month (3 days) so I am now cycle day 4.

It's getting to be a struggle and I'm starting to think something is wrong... Sorry to hear about all your losses and I am praying for major baby dust to all!

Melissa

Welcome to the group, Melissa. So sorry to hear about your loss. This process is definitely hard and it's easy to think something is wrong. But it can take some time for everything to even out after a miscarriage, so try not to worry at all yet (easier said then done, I know). Good luck to you!

Welcome Melissa! While it is a very sad thing that brings us all together, I'm glad we can all gather here to find and offer support. I'm so sorry for your loss. It took me 6 cycles to get my first little baby that we lost. It can be perfectly normal fir it to take that long or longer. There's so much chance involved and the human reproductive system with a 20% chance each cycle gets a solid F. I know that sinking feeling you're getting though. I had it then and have it now as I near the end of our first cycle back. My ob seems unconcerned. I hope for your sake that nothing is wrong and this cycle is the lucky one :hugs:

To everyone - I'm so sorry I've been MIA recently. Yesterday was just a really tough day for me. I'm sure you all have them and understand. I will be sure to update you all when I test later this week.

Bronte - So much love your way!!! I hope you walk away from your appointment tomorrow armed with new information and hopeful for the future <3

MrsU - I started this journey 8 months ago. I'm right there with you. We are in this together, and I can't wait for the time that we can both share a photo of our precious babies.

Welcome Melissa :wave: yeah it is awful that this place needs to exist, but like the others say, we all understand what each other is going through and can offer support. I think I would feel very alone without it. Sorry things are so frustrating. The waiting around for things to happen feels like a lifetime however long it is. I also understand about fearing something is wrong. When we had the MMC everyone said 'the positive to take from this is that you can both conceive' I try to see it like that but then the doubt creeps in. We can but it didn't last very long so..... It's a vicious circle.

Bronte - good luck with your appointment today! Can't wait to hear about it. Xx

Leson - thanks love. Feeling a bit better today. For some reason both DH and I were down about it all yesterday. Was good to talk it through with him. Hope you're ok :hugs:

AFM 7dpo - not much to report. Usual cramping, bbs don't hurt (one of my bfp signs) but my skin is good (I broke out badly with the bfp) oh and my temps are so lazy!! It's making me laugh now. Convinced it hasn't happened but I still be testing fri/sat, that is if my ICs turn up, flippin bank holiday isn't it! :coffee::coffee::coffee:

It is sad there has to be a group like this. However, I suffered in silence and by myself for many years and wished I would have joined something like this along time ago. So kudos to you ladies!!

Unless you have someone to talk to that has been through something similar it can be a challenge. It's great that we can support each other. Not that many people in my life knew about my husband and I's ectopic, but the ones that did weren't incredibly supportive. Many of them tried to be sympathetic with words like, "at least you weren't further along." Grrrr. I can't even begin to imagine how hard it would have been if I was further along and had to deal with a stillborn birth or a death after the child was born. However, hearing that makes you feel like what you experienced wasn't still painful and it is. So much!! You are not only grieving the loss of a child (granted a very tiny one, but still something very special and important to you), the "what ifs" of what that child would have been, the uncertainty of your future fertility, and sometimes the anger of your body letting you down or any number of other things. That pain is very real and shouldn't be diminished by anyone, even yourself.

hi girls!

welcom melissa - so sorry for your loss. I hope you can find a little bit of piece with the understanding that we can offer you. It definitely helped me to know that I wasn't alone. :hugs: And I also understand the fear. It's been a year since our loss but I can honestly say that I knew immediately that something wasn't right afterward. I hope that isn't the case for you though and I hope your BFP is right around the corner.

Bronte - your appt is today, right?! EEK! keep us posted and good luck!! :hugs:

unicorn - my temps always flatline in the tww - it's crazy! I have a 4 digit thermometer and yet I will consistently get the same temp (98.29) at least 6 times in the tww. and it's not my thermometer either because my post O temps are always so rocky. I guess I just have a steady stream of progesterone :shrug::haha: good luck to you!

les - keeping my fingers super crossed for you!!! temps look great and I'm so excited for you to test!!

I'm starting my femara tonight. I'm really nervous. I'm nervous that I'll have too many mature follies and we will have to cancel this cycle. I'm also nervous that I'll have three and they will all get fertilized. I need to stop being nervous about this because all I've wanted this whole time is to have a baby! my first US is going to be next Friday. hoping I'll have 2 good follies and can trigger then and do the IUI on Sunday. eeek!

Oh my gosh bee that's so exciting!!! It's all happening and I'm so pleased for you. Totally normal to feel nervous, it's because you want it so much! Keep us posted. Xx

You guys are all so amazing. I already feel part of the group. It has been rough suffering in silence. People are sad for you at first and then they are over it in a week and you're still dealing with the loss. This group is great.

it will take me a little bit to learn everyone's stories and places in their TTC journey and cycles but I'm excited to have a place to come to and talk things out.

Bronte-good luck in your appt! :flower:

Les- I know what you mean. I always have so much hope and positive energy at the beginning of my cycle and start to get some doubt at the end. I'll be thinking of you as you near test day!:hugs:

beemeck- nervous is a good thing :) it means your taking a risk to go after what you want and deserve! I'll say some prayers for you on Sunday!

Thanks for letting me join in! Hope everyone has a great day.

Good luck Bee. I think it would be strange if you weren't nervous. There's so much unknown especially because it's your first IUI. You have a really good shot of it working though especially since your cervix is likely your issue. Fingers crossed!!

So my appointment went really well. No big surprises at all. IVF and surgery to repair the tubes are pretty much our only options. Surgery is not likely to be successful and there's much higher risk for ectopic (we'd pretty much ruled out the surgery option before going in, this just confirmed it). So it's onto IVF!!!

He thinks I have a great shot with it since all our tests look good, and our main issue are my tubes. Before we can start I have to have one more ultrasound next week to help confirm there isn't fluid in the tube and he needs to get the actual slides from the HSG test instead of the report. I also have to redo one of the blood tests (can't remember which) and if it's bad again he might have to do an MRI of the pituitary gland. Also to apply for the shared-risk financing options I do need to get my BMI down which I knew. But I only need to lose about the 10 pounds I gained last month, so totally achievable. However more weight I think it could help, though they didn't once mention it there. So once we get that all done we are good to go.

Now the only barrier is cost. My husband is always the one that gets stressed about money more and while it is more than we were planning (primarily because he highly recommend genetic testing to improve our chances), I think it's still doable. My husband is going through the tenure process right now at work and perfect timing wise if everything proceeds he should get a raise in July/August that would be enough to cover monthly payments for anything we finance. So while more money is never fun, I do feel blessed we can even consider it.

Ah bronte it seems like a lot I'm sure, but I'm so very glad you can see your path forward! I'm so very hopeful and excited for you <3

Bee!!! Fx that you have exactly the perfect number this cycle and you can pull the trigger! Can't wait to see your BFP, bump, and beautiful baby in the year to come :dust:

MrsU - you just need temps above ch! Looking good :thumbup:

Mel - thanks for understanding :hugs:

Wednesday is nearly here! We'll see what my temp is tomorrow. If it drops, I may just wait for AF. If it stays up, I'll test. Hoping for a clear sign one way or the other. Thankfully I have a busy work day that's starting off early with training new hires (one of my fav things to do!). Should be nice and distracted regardless of the result.

Bronte - that's sounds really good and exciting! I'm sure it's a lot to take in, and I understand about the money worries. It'll all be worth it in the end!

Leson - fx for a good temp and well done for not poas yet!

I had a temp rise today. Not reading too much into it but I'm happy it's up where it often is post o. Itching to test but 8 DPO is too early (not that that has ever stopped me before)

...And down goes my temp right on schedule. AF should follow soon...usually a day after the temp drop which would give me my usual LP so happy about that. Happy to be out of limbo and looking forward to our date night Friday to celebrate the next chance.

melissa - glad you feel welcomed and supported. that's what we all are here for ! :hugs:

bronte - wow! what an informative visit. it's so overwhelming at first, even though you pretty much prepare yourself for exactly what to doc tells you (at least for me lol!). I'm glad that IVF IS an option for you and it seems that there should be no barriers in that working right away! can't wait to join you on this journey.

unicorn - I'm always happy when my temp goes up! it's just too hard not to be :haha:

les - so sorry about that temp drop (holy temp drop it is btw!) but glad that you have date night lined up already. DH and I are doing a date night on Friday too! Although I was thinking I should plan a little something silly for April Fools :haha:

I started my femara last night. I'm feeling okay about things. I'm literally 50% scared of triplets and 50% scared of BFN. makes no sense. ugh, TTC :dohh:

Aw Leson sorry about the drop, but like you say, at least you're out of the awful limbo. Great that your lp is back to normal and yey for date night!

Bee, I think anyone would be terrified of triplets!! But fx the femara does its job for you!

AFM - ICs haven't arrived so no testing yet, which is good I think. I'm only 8 DPO! Like I keep saying, it's a long shot this month but id rather know. I'll prob test until 11/12dpo and stop. Man, a 15 day lp feels like an age doesn't it?! I know it's a good thing, but hats off to the women who don't test!

Les - sorry about the temp drop, but a date night does sound fun.

Bee - triplets would be very intense. In some ways I'm actually hoping for twins because my husband only wants 1 child but is okay to implant 2 embryos if it increases chances and would be okay if twins happened. It might be the best shot I have at convincing him to have more than 1. But triplets or more would be very scary and it is a possibility. Really hope that doesn't happen though. There's so much unknown in this process it's very intimidating and unnerving. Good luck hon. Hope you get the perfect amount you need.

Mrs. U - not too much longer until test day! Yay! Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->