TTC#1 and i need a weight loss buddy

Hi everyone i am new herehope you dont mind me joining in a little about myself i am 27 been married for 10 months am 5ft 9in and weigh 15 stone :blush: have just started ttc i had my nexplanon taken out on wednesday last week also stopped smoking( on day 6 and not had 1 so far) and am currently on slimming world it works but very slow at the minute think i need to take up more exercise to speed things up a bit any advise would be appreciated xx

Nice job! I wish you well :D!
I think the trick with exercise is to find something you like. I know it is cliche but it's the only way people keep it up! Is there anything you know you like?

Since i really dont have the time to travel to the gym, spend 1-2 hours there, and travel home. (Plus it wastes so much gas/money) I have several workout DVDs that i do in my own living room. I like the 10 pound slimdown, Jillian Michaels (30 Day Shred) and i also have the Biggest Loser Cardio Max Weight Loss. By alternating them, i dont get as bored and most are interesting because they are only 20 minute workouts so you constantly change what you are doing. I usually try to do 2 a day. Working out at home also gives me the privacy that i need as im extremely selfconscious about my weight. Hope this helps.

my biggest enjoyment is walking and i was thinking of getting some workout dvd's for home as i too do not like exercising in public but i do enjoy swimming and am just looking into adult swim classes x

Hi Ladies,

I went to the gym tonight for the first time in a REALLY long time. I know I'll need to take it kinda slow and work back into things gradually- plus that I should keep my HB below 140bpm. So I got on the elliptical machine for 1/2 hour. I'm pretty proud of myself for actually wanting to be active. Must be a sign that some of my energy is starting to come back!

I'm still at 176- so that's still down 10 lbs from my pre-preg weight. The Dr. didn't say anything about it at my 12wk appnt. I have 2 more weeks till my 16 wk check up, but I'm concerned about what they'll say if I haven't gained anything by then...
My appetite is back to normal. I eat when I'm hungry... I eat until I'm full... I still don't seem to take in enough calories though. I don't want to "force-feed" myself or eat junk that has a lot of calories for the sake of having more calories. I hope that eating healthy is good enough. I'm not denying myself anything I want to eat.
Any advice for me?

I haven't been about for a while but sounds like your alluding great!!! Immloving the enthusiasm. I have my anonomy scan tomorrow, slightly scared.

I definitely wouldn't mind dropping a few pounds even if it's just like ten pounds. I'm definitely not where I would like to be weight wise. I have been doing a little working out 3-4 times a week at the gym. Nothing too strenuous. I think it would be great to have people to help motivate me.

Hey guys! I just bought Just Dance 3 for my wii. It's really fun! I hope you guys are all doing well.

Had my 20 week scan today. Baby didn't want us to know it's sex so were staying on team yellow Sarah how's just dance?

good good! I find it fun!
20 weeks! that's exciting :) Would you rather one sex over the other? I know I really want a girl, but Ill be happy with either!
I had a gyno app this week. Everything was fine, so just need to keep trying :p

good good! I find it fun!
20 weeks! that's exciting :) Would you rather one sex over the other? I know I really want a girl, but Ill be happy with either!
I had a gyno app this week. Everything was fine, so just need to keep trying :p

I would love a boy, but as long as it's healthy, which it seams I don't mind.

Vicky - love your scan pic! Too bad baby didn't cooperate if you wanted to find out. My 16 wk check up is on Friday. I still have a whole month to wait until the 20 wk u/s to see if we'll get to find out the gender. I'd really love a girl - but will also be happy either way.

I've been going to a local hotel and paying to use their pool for an hour a couple times per week so I can do water aerobics. It really helps with aches and pains!

Also, weighed myself this morning and I've finally gained a little bit - which is a relief!

Hope everyone is doing well with their goals!

hey everyone! just checking in! I'm finally starting to gain some pregnancy weight, too, future! Up 2 lbs.

Vicky, will you get another chance to find out the sex, or was that it? I want to find out at 20 weeks too and I'll be bummed if baby doesnt show!

Nope that's it, no more chance to find out. Uni sex clothes all the way lol.

Well, the couple pounds the one day must have been water weight because I'm back down to what I've been maintaining at - 176 lbs. I had my 16wk check up last Friday and the Dr. said not to worry about weight at all yet- she'd let me know if I need to try to put on more. She said to just keep doing the things I am and everything should be good. So that is a relief to know!

Happy Valentines Day to you all!

That's great to hear futurephotos!
No idea how I'm going. I'm home for 3 weeks and I'm just going with the flow :)

Thats great future! I hope my MD doesnt want me to put on weight too! That would be fab news! :haha: But I have put on 3 pounds now. Which I am def ok with!

Where is everyone? How are you all doing with the weight loss or in some cases weight gaining? Anyone testing soon?

AFM I'm doing good, baby is being super active and DH has felt the baby kick. We can now also sit and watch my belly move when it's kicking and shifting around. I'm starting to find work quite hard, physically, emotionally and mentally. Last week I ended up working 5 12 hour shifts in a row, boy was I sore after.

Right I must dash, off for an eye test. Hope to hear from you all soon. X

:hi: Vicky! How are things? Is time flying by for you or is it going slow! I hope for your sake its going by quickly so you get to meet your little one!

I am doing well. I had an appt yesterday and booked by 20 wk scan for March 16, the day after my birthday! Hopefully my lil one will cooperate and let me see the goods! :haha:

Hope everyone else is doing well!

It's kind of going fast but slow.

Good luck with your scan, hope you get to see the goods hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back