TTC #1 Dream Believers (Who's TTC #1?)

The lady who is drinking green tea... I wouldnt it can cause dips in folic acid and raise your risk of a baby with spina bifida, it has been scientifically proven!!

I am just using a persona monitor to track ovulation, next month, if it comes we are going to use preseed and try and do SMEP.

Babyraff... where are you from? I am from just over the hills... how does self insemination work?

xxx

Can you quote a study on green tea about that? I've read and been told different by my doctor.....:shrug:

Oh I should have said - I'm 30 and my OH is 32

xx

When Not To Drink Green Tea

Click Here More....

Last week, I happened to come across a 2005 Spanish study (abstract: https://*******.com/5g4o48; full study: https://*******.com/a8crc ) showing that people with a folate deficiency should probably not drink a lot of green tea or take too much EGCG in its supplement form. Furthermore, the study linked high levels of green tea consumption to birth defects caused by folic acid deficiency: specifically, spina bifida and anencephaly. Therefore, pregnant women and women even remotely thinking about conceiving should not drink green tea

Hope that helps.

xxx

Also there is no proper scientific proof that green tea aids fertility if you read into it.

xxx

Not like I drank it anyways, I'm not overly fond of tea, but besides that, you ever notice how everything about TTC is don't do this don't do that? What do they think happened for thousands of years before all this was discovered? :haha:

Not like I drank it anyways, I'm not overly fond of tea, but besides that, you ever notice how everything about TTC is don't do this don't do that? What do they think happened for thousands of years before all this was discovered? :haha:

I did drink it religiously for about 2 months at the start of the year... then I read the information and stopped straight away.

What did people do before information like this? They didnt take folic acid supplements either and this caused more children born with defects like spinabifida ect.

All I want to do is do the best I can for my unborn baby.

xxx

See, that's the thing though.....look back on history. Hell, I mean, I had metal toys and there was lead based paint in my room/house as a child. I'm not saying that those things are ok now, but there's something called being overly obsessed.

See, I have had a MC, I want everything to be perfect, I never want to lose another baby again and go through what I have been through again. So I want to do everything I can for a healthy happy child....

Suppose everyone is different.

xxx

I'm sorry for you loss and I understand wanting to do everything you can to have a healthy child. I just think for me personally I'm not going to stress myself out wondering if the things I'm doing might potentially have a slim chance of harming my child.

See, that's the thing though.....look back on history. Hell, I mean, I had metal toys and there was lead based paint in my room/house as a child. I'm not saying that those things are ok now, but there's something called being overly obsessed.

I agree

But it's so hard because you have to listen to the advice that being given at the time - for instance studies have shown that you need to take Folic Acid before and during pregnancy to help prevent spina bifida but what happens if in a couple of decades they then decide that too much folic acid during pregnancy can cause problems for children in later life! Not saying I believe it will - it was just a for instance example.

All you can do is what you believe is best for you and your child, based on the knowledge that you have

Love & :dust:

xx

I agree aswell,suddenly I'm feeling like a druggie because of all the supplements I'm taking to help my chances,my mum said to me 'we never had any of that in my day' and I thought,yeah we all aren't doing to bad.but I can't stop taking them now lol xx

Hi everyone.

Im obsessed about TTC #1. Two of my very close friends are expecting and I'm so happy for them but wishing and praying I was in their position.
DH and I have not been trying that long but I expected it to happen over night. (wishful thinking)
I'm currently on CD 3 (2nd cycle of TTC) I had the implant removed at the end of June.
My first AF turned up while on Honeymoon at the end of July (Bad timing or what). I have PCOS (diagnosed 5-6 years ago) so didnt think my current AF would turn up so started taking Agnus Castus around 7 days ago. Maybe the witch was on her way i'm not sure but ive heard Agnus Castus is meant to help with PCOS so im giving it a go. Im also taking EPO and Pregnacare Preconception. I will try anything to get my BFP.

Hope we all get our BFP soon!!!

:dust:

I'm crazy about TTC #1 i've already bought these lovely little white socks with brown bears on to give me that little hope that it'll happen, i bought them nearly a year ago and i still plan them socks to be the first ones he or she ever wears.

I really look forward to the bump, stretch marks (as weird as that sound) and everything else. After waiting for so long this baby will be the most welcomed thing.

I dont dare buy anything, I dont want to tempt fate!

xxx

I couldn't help myself i just saw them and had to buy them :)

@rustyswife: what are you taking to regulate out? I was anting to get Chlomid so bad a few months ago but can't get my hubby to agree to it. Don't know why he's against it, but he says there's no reason to think we need to use anything to help us get pg even though I've not had reg cycles off and on for years! The last 5 months or so they seem fairly reg 26-31 days but still no bfp no matter what!

I can't wait to buy baby clothes....pink or blue, I don't care...I just want to go shopping, pick out a crib, paint the babies room...get fat...I want it ALL!!! PLEASE GOD, give me a baby this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

minniegirl how long have you been ttc? are you trying anything different this month? i felt last month was going to be it - feel like i'm out of inspiration - any ideas?

Were TTC our first and im out this cycle after having a chemical but roll on AF so i can start again, cant wait!!

When i got a BFP im afraid i cudnt resist and bought a pack sleep suits lol..cudnt help meself really as i was dying to buy just a little summit.

Hi girls, DH & I are TTC #1. I'm currently on a cycle that began in March. :growlmad: I saw an OB/GYN yesterday and she did some bloodwork, so I'm waiting on those results to come back, and then hopefully she will prescribe Provera to get my AF to come back.

Good luck to everyone! I'm sure all our BFPs are right around the corner!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->